Refill Fishing Line Trimmer Reel Video
How to Thread a Fishing Line into a Patriot Trimmer Coil
How to fill fishing line trimmer coil? instruction
Factory trim trim warranties will inevitably require line replacement. Having a very rough idea of how to fill the fishing line in the trimmer coil yourself, beginners are reluctant to deal with this issue. However, with some skills in mastering this simple science it does not present any difficulties, and the instruction below will facilitate this process as much as possible.
First of all, to reel the line, you need to remove the coil (coil, reel) from the trimmer. Specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with the operating position of the engine and the coil at the bottom usually have side keys on both sides of the coil. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the coil, together with the internal contents for winding the line, is turned off, and the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to analyze the reel on a flat, level place so that the spring entering the structure does not jump out and is not lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved shaft without the possibility of installing a knife, usually have coils with a special lamb: in such constructions, hold the coil in one position with one hand and rotate the locking coil on the wing rod counterclockwise. After disconnecting the nut, the entire drum is removed.
- Electric and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing the knife on a straight rod (for example, Calm Trimmers) under the coil have a hole. For the immobility of the rod, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole, and with a slow rotation, this mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the coil is fixed. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with left-hand thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in various ways. In mutton drums, the lamb is twisted, in the coils with latches, the latches are clamped and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
We wrap the fishing line
Slowly finished disassembling the coil of the coil without losing its spare parts allows you to move on to the main task. Winding the coil. Technological features of the design of the reel and the number of working antennas determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest version and simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the factory winding determine the recommended length for winding the line. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the mounting technological hole inside the spool.
- Fishing line is wound on the drum during reverse rotation of the bobbin in the direction of the trimmer product. As a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin, an arrow indicates which side is wound.
- A small part of the line remains free so that it can be pulled out. It is fixed in a special groove on the inside of the coil, designed to hold the winding when the coil is assembled in working condition.
- The left end of the line goes through the hole on the outside of the coil.
- Half the coil is assembled and mounted on the trim tab of the trimmer.
Coil with two working antennas
In these types of coils, the number of grooves for winding the line lying inside the coil should be determined:
- One groove. Both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- Two grooves. Barbel each wound on separate groove.
In both cases, a fishing line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.
In reels with one reel, the fishing line is drawn into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, and then wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the drum from the side of the rod. The arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding.
In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the line are traced in them or held by the fingers of a free hand, pass through the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin closes and fastens to the finish rod.
The difference between the line winding in coils with two coils is that initially the line length of 2-5 m is folded in half (to determine the average fold), and the folding loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves, Both antennae of the line are wound around each groove, the fixing of the antennas and the coil assembly are similar to the one-groove version described above.
The first implementation of this procedure can be long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The below will clearly show how to fill the line in the reel of the trimmer and rewind it correctly. This operation is not difficult and with some patience will surely succeed:
Automatic winding line on reel
There is a kind of reel in which the automatic mechanism makes winding on its own. From the user it is enough just to correctly fill the fishing line.
The fishing line passes through the hole inside the case, its antennas without winding pass through the hole on the outer case, the coil is assembled, and when the winding button is turned, the fishing line inside spins independently.
In such a coil, it is impossible to make the winding wrong: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable assistant in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or the owner of his own house.
Thanks to these garden devices, you can easily mow down even a large garden plot.
After acquiring this tool and doing a few tricks, many people think about how to wrap the fishing line on the trimmer coil correctly.
For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the instruction manual.
Preparation for winding fishing line
Prior to the winding process, it is necessary to remove the reel with fishing line from the housing. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three structural types of trimmers:
- Compact Electric Trimmers. Electric Trimmer Coil This type of tool has a lower motor and head arrangement, which in turn has two side buttons for removing the bobbin. When pressed simultaneously, the top of the reel with fishing line is disconnected, and the bottom remains rigidly attached to the braid. Experts recommend disassembling on a flat area in order to prevent spring popping.
- Moto and electric braids with a curved duralumin rod, not intended for use with a knife. As a rule, coils of such models are equipped with a special wing nut. Dismantling of the spool should be carried out, holding the coil body with one hand, and unscrew the wing counterclockwise with the other.
- Powerful gas trimmers and electric braids with a direct boom. Trimmer with a direct boom In this model, it is possible to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To install the trimmer knife, it is necessary to combine the hole of the bobbin and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, it is easy to unscrew the housing by hand clockwise.
Winding fishing line on trimmer
The measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit reel makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the fishing line.
The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used.
Today, there are several varieties of coils, depending on the number of antenna line fishing line and methods for refueling it:
- Trimmer head with one working antennae;
- Reel fishing line with two antennae;
- Auto winding reel.
Single-Barrel Trimmer Coil
Single-mustache coil brush
Many owners and specialists note the simplicity of operation and refueling reels with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the fishing line can vary from 2 to 5 meters.
The end of the line is inserted into the head in a special technological groove or hole, and winding is made in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin.
Most coils on the outside of the case have marks in the form of arrows that indicate the direction of movement of the trimmer bobbin.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is crucial when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic reels. Pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Double Antenna Trimmer
Two groove head
After removing the spool from the coil body, we determine the number of streams for winding fishing line (1 or 2).
There is no fundamental difference between the reels with one and two grooves, but with careless refueling in the twin groove, there are problems with operation.
In view of the likelihood of weaving adjacent tool strings, a situation may arise when it is impossible to remove new ones after wear of the working antennae.
Regardless of the number of streams for refueling, a fishing line from 1.5 to 3 meters long is taken. Winding must be done in the direction opposite to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will cause the line to not be removed from the reel.
After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded through special holes. Next, we collect the head in the reverse disassembly order and check the performance.
Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the guard will cut off the excess.
Trimmer head with automatic threading
Types of Trimmer Heads
In some models on the market set reel with automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the owner to correctly fill and fix the ends in the head, and the tool itself will perform the winding operation when it is switched on in the operating mode.
It is almost impossible to wind a fishing line into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae.
The advantages of the automatic trimmer head include the ease of refueling the fishing line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.
How to wind a fishing line onto a trim reel: key points was last modified: June 28th, 2018 by Administrator
Refill Fishing Line Trimmer Reel
Having a very indicative idea of how to put fishing line into the reel of the trimmer without the help of others, newcomers take up this matter without hunting. Huter trimmer ignition adjustment. But with some abilities, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar annotation presented below will greatly facilitate this process.
Guaranteed production of a factory trimmer refueling will inevitably require fishing line replacement.
Having a very indicative idea of how to put fishing line into the reel of the trimmer without the help of others, newcomers take up this matter without hunting. Assault trimmer assembly diagram.
But with some abilities, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar annotation presented below will greatly facilitate this process.
First, for winding fishing line it is required to remove the reel (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer, certain actions will depend on the configuration difficulty and the type of product itself:
- Small electronic trimmers with a working arrangement of the motor and coil in the lower part usually have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower one remains on the trimmer. Spark trim trim ignition adjustment. It is better to create a bobbin analysis on an even, smooth place, so that the spring included in the structure does not pop out and is not lost;
- Electronic and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the ability to install a knife, usually have coils with a special lamb: in similar designs, you should hold the spool with one hand in a stationary position, and turn the lamb nut on the bar counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire reel is removed.
- Electronic and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. For the motionlessness of the rod, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and during leisurely rotation, such mutual placement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the inside of the hole and the bobbin is fixed. Stihl trimmer motor assembly. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with the left thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third versions, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled by different methods. Two-stroke engine for trimmer device.
In bobbins with a lamb a lamb is turned out, in coils with latches latches-clamps are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other.
If the halves of the spool are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in the opposite direction until completely unscrewed.
How to wind a fishing line on a mowing head trimmer or motokosa
In video carefully shown how to reel fishing line on the trimmer coil or motokosa. Refueling mowing.
Manual mower. Refueling the fishing line into the trimmer reel. Replacing fishing line in reel
In this, I show how easy and easy to reel fishing line on the reel manual mowers yourself.
We carry out winding fishing line
Slowly completed disassembling the spool of the spool without losing its spare parts allows you to go to the main task. Winding the fishing line into the reel. Stihl trimmer carburetor adjustment. Technological features of the design of the spool and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest option and a simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended fishing line length for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse direction of rotation of the spool on the trimmer product. As a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin an arrow indicates which side the winding is carried out.
- A small section of fishing line is left free to bring it out. It is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the reel, designed to hold the winding when assembling the spool in working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole on the outside of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding fishing line lying on the inside of the reel:
- One groove. Both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- Two grooves. Each antennae is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a fishing line 2-3 m long is taken.
In single-groove reels, the line is drawn into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod, the correct direction of winding is usually indicated by the arrow inside.
In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of their free hands, threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the bar of the trimmer.
The difference between winding fishing line in two-groove reels is that initially a piece of fishing line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each in its own groove, the fixation of the antennae and the reel assembly is similar to the one-groove variant discussed above.
The first implementation of this procedure may seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The below will clearly show how to put the fishing line into the coil of the trimmer and wrap it correctly. This operation is not complicated and with some patience will surely succeed:
Automatic reeling of fishing line
There is a variety of coils in which the automatic mechanism coils on its own. From the user it is enough just to properly fill the line.
The fishing line is passed through the hole on the inside of the case, its antennae without winding is passed through the hole on the external case, the bobbin is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line inside is wound up independently. Running in the huter gas trimmer.
In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding incorrectly: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
Gasoline trimmer refueling instructions
In order for the trimmer to work “like a clock”, you need to choose the fishing line correctly, that is, pick it up taking into account the trimmer model and type of work. Two important parameters in this matter are diameter and cross section.
The diameter of the fishing line must correspond to that recommended for this model (it is obligatory indicated in the passport for the product).
The cross-section of the fishing line is round, square, with sharp edges (pentahedron). A line with a round cross-section is intended for mowing young grass and lawn, a square and five-sided line is useful if the grass is roughened, and weeds have grown on the lawns.
Trimmer Head Modification
The mowing heads of the trimmer can be of various modifications: single-string for trimming the lawn (mowing with a single thread of fishing line); two-stringed for mowing grass and clearing territories with automatic feeding of fishing line or manual adjustment of the string length.
Modern manufacturers are increasingly offering gardeners universal trimmers with two-string automatic mowing heads.
Step-by-step instructions for refueling the fishing line into the trimmer
- Push the clamps inward until they click and remove the cover from the mowing head.
- Gently turn the coil, it will be released from the holder, and now remove it.
- Cut two identical pieces of fishing line (the cut edge of the fishing line should be at an angle. This will facilitate the work).
Take one of them and insert the end of the fishing line into a special pocket on the reel (there may be hooks, ears, clips). Next, wind the string in the direction of the arrows. Distribute the line evenly, tightly. Fasten the end of the string into a specially provided hole in the coil.
All is ready. The trimmer is tacked with fishing line and ready to go. Now you can happily take up the obliquity of your favorite clearing, summer cottage, house territory.
It is only important to remember that not only the quality of the work performed, but also your safety will depend on how you fill the cutting line into the trimmer.
Page 1 Page 2
tutorial on refueling a fishing line of a gas trimmer (trimmer)
How to Properly Fill a Fishing Line With a Trimmer
The most worn out element in the trimmer design is fishing line. Therefore, it is important to know how to choose and wind it on a reel. All the details in the article.
Since the choice of trim we have considered in the preceding article, but today we’ll show you how to fill up fishing line trimmer, and which is better to choose based on working conditions.
After you bought a trimmer and began to use it actively, sooner or later the question will arise about replacing the fishing line, since this is the most wearing element in the tool, then intensive use of the trimmer will lead to frequent replacement of consumables.
What types of woods are
The most common type of fishing line that fits almost all types of reels is round cord. This is an ordinary fishing line suitable for mowing juicy grass, but it will be much more difficult to mow dead wood with it, and even more so it can’t cope with the bush.
As a rule, the diameter by which young grass can be mowed does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it can overcome.
There are fishing lines with sharp edges in the form of an asterisk or square, this option is more suitable for mowing dry grass just due to the existing sharp edges, but its drawback is more wear and tear and is inferior in strength to round cord.
There are fishing lines with improved aerodynamics with characteristic dents, flakes and notches, such a product produces less noise, but they are used only on scythes, since the exit of such a thread from the reel is difficult, it is used most often with discs in which segments are inserted. The disadvantage of this product is its fragility.
How to wind a fishing line on a mowing head trimmer or motokosa
In video shown in detail how to wind fishing line to the reel trimmer or motokosa. Gas station fishing line mowing.
Manual mower. Replacing fishing line in reel
In this, I show how easy and easy to reel fishing line to the reel of a manual motor mower yourself.
Most often in gas trimmers with an engine power of more than 1.5 hp apply cords with a metal cable inside. This thread is ideal for mowing dry grass and small bushes.
The presence of a core positively affects the wear resistance of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the listed opponents.
How to Fill a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Coil
It takes about 10-15 minutes to wind the line. What is a trimmer coil? Plastic case with a cassette inside, on which there is a special hook for convenient winding of fishing line.
Almost all the coils of the trimmers have a similar principle of fastening, this is the central screw-button, when pressed, it becomes possible to pull the fishing line of the required length.
The photo below shows some examples of different coils for trimmers.
The bobbins of trimmers, the motor of which is located near the ground, have a different mount to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool located on the sides that need to be pressed, otherwise the replacement of the thread is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of proper winding of the fishing line is similar in all of the above cases, so for example, consider the standard version with two antennae.
To remove the reel with fishing line, it is necessary to unscrew the screw located in the center, but note that the thread there is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, this is done specially so that during operation it does not open under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and take out the reel, on which the fishing line is directly wound. Having measured the necessary length and folded in half, you need to fill the fishing line into the reel, removing, in the end, its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After that, it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order by threading the ends of the cord into two corresponding holes.
If you have doubts or it’s not entirely clear how to charge the fishing line with a trimmer, we recommend that you watch the: how to properly wind the fishing line into the brushcutter. In this, in detail, in steps, the instructor will open the trimmer head, measure out the required amount of fishing line, usually from two to four meters, and demonstrate assembly and installation on trimmer.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an excellent assistant when processing a garden plot. But, like other equipment, it requires attention and care.
Unfortunately, the developers of the equipment do not give complete instructions on how to wind the line onto the trimmer reel. In this connection, owners of motor vehicles have many questions.
In this article, we will consider in detail various examples and methods of winding fishing line onto a reel.
How to wind a fishing line onto a trim reel. Preparation
The trimmer coil is located in the mowing head, which consists of a spring, a coil and two covers.
- The first step is to disassemble and remove the trimmer head. To do this, push the locks all the way to the sides of the case and turn clockwise.
- To open the mowing head, press the side latches, if you can’t do it with your hands, you can use a screwdriver. Remove the coil.
- For the right choice of fishing line, suitable specifically for your trimmer, look at the inside of the numeric notation. These numbers indicate the required diameter of the fishing line in millimeters.
- If you did not find such information, then the maximum diameter can be determined by taking the fishing line and threading it through the hollow hole. The thread should pass freely back and forth.
- There are two ways of winding fishing line, we will consider in detail each of them.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel. 1 way
Unwind about 4 meters of fishing line for winding. To determine the exact amount of the desired material, reel the fishing line from the roll onto the reel; the final result should not exceed the diameter of the reel and climb over the edges.
- For convenience, fold the thread in half, make one end 10-15 cm longer than the other.
- On the reel there is a dividing side, passing in the center. There is a cavity on it where you want to insert the fishing line. To do this, squeeze the place where the thread is bent and tighten the loop in this cavity.
- Important. You need to determine exactly in which direction to wind the line, for this, find the inscription “Wind Line” on the reel, there is an arrow next to it indicating the direction of winding. If the coil so the arrow is not present, look for the arrow on the cutting head of the body, it is necessary to wind in the opposite direction.
- Wind the line carefully onto the spool, pulling the thread as far as possible.
- At the end of the work, take the end that is shorter and insert it into the blade on the reel body corresponding to the diameter of your fishing line. In this work, the thread was threaded into a blade with the designations 3.3 mm.
- With the second end, do the same, but insert it into the blade opposite the previous one. Fix the two ends, leave an allowance of 5-10 cm, cut the rest. Allowances are necessary so that when the spool is inserted into the head, the thread does not unwind.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel. Assembly
- Insert the spool of wound fishing line into the mowing head, pull the thread from the side blades and tighten.
- Securely lock and close the top with the top tire, connecting the two parts with a snap.
- Before inserting into the trimmer, trim the ends of the thread slightly to avoid knocking on the protective cover.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel. Second way
The methods differ by winding. In the second method, use the fishing line of two pieces separately. At the end of the thread, bend the staples as shown in the photo and push them into the fixing hole. Wrap the two blades of the coil in this way.
- If you have a single-blade reel, find a hole in the inside to secure the fishing line. Insert the fishing line in one of the ways above. Then rewind it on the coil, in the direction of the reverse movement of the coil on the trimmer. Leave a small section of thread and reassemble the mowing head.
- When you start the trimmer to work, the excess part of the fishing line is cut with a sharp pruning blade on its own.
- In order not to change the fishing line too often, constantly stopping the work, try to avoid touching the equipment with solid objects during use.
How to properly wind the line in the trimmer, and what to do if the line is quickly consumed, breaks off
The trimmer is the most common unit used for cutting grass and cutting small bushes. This unit is notable for its ease of maintenance, simple operation during operation, and even women can cope with it due to its low weight.
It is no secret that for the high-quality performance of mowing grass, the correct selection of a cutting tool is required. As the last in trimmers, special cutting nozzles (discs, knives) or trimmer heads with fishing line inside are used.
Nozzles and fishing line is a consumable tool, but if the knives can be sharpened, then when the fishing line is used, it needs to be replaced. In this article, we will describe in as much detail as possible how to replace the fishing line correctly.
Types of Trimmer Heads
The grass mowing head is a cylindrical body in which a reel (bobbin) with a fishing line (cord) tucked into it is inserted. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electric trimmers. The heads differ in the method of filling and feeding the cord and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. Cord feed is performed after the user reduces engine speed. Although automatic feeding of fishing line is convenient if large volumes of work are performed, such bobbins have one drawback. High thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of this type of head does not require the user to perform complex manipulations. The principle of their work is arranged so that the cord is automatically extended at a time when the device is operating at full speed. It is enough to lightly tap the trimmer head on the ground (this removes the cord lock), and the fishing line is pulled out of the bobbin by centrifugal force, and then cut to the desired length with a knife located on the protective cover.
- Tame. To lengthen the cord requires stopping the machine, after which the fishing line is pulled by hand.
Based on the above, semi-automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be noted that the coils for the trimmer are single-string (used only for trimming grass) and double-string, which are used to mow tall grass and small, with thin stems of shrubs.
How to remove and disassemble the coil
Before starting the process of replacing the cord, users of trimmers need to remove and disassemble the coil. Consider how to do this.
The mowing head of the trimmer consists of several parts: casing, springs (not on all models), bobbins with cord and covers.
In trimmers, 2 options for attaching the mowing head are most often used.
Option number 1
To remove the trimmer head, it will need to be completely disassembled.
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you must press on the tabs (latches) located on both sides of it.
- After removing the cover, you will see the spool, which must be removed from the housing. In some coils, a spring is installed under the bobbin, which must be carefully pulled out so as not to lose it in the grass.
- After removing the bobbin, in the center of the case you will see a screw with a slot for a Phillips or flat head screwdriver. It is possible that there may be a bolt under the hexagon or nozzle “asterisk”.
- Using a screwdriver, selecting the required bit (nozzle), you need to unscrew the bolt (counterclockwise).
- After removing the fasteners, grasp the body of the part and swinging it in different directions, remove it from the gearbox shaft.
Option number 2
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gear shaft. To remove it, you need to fix this shaft. To do this, in such trimmers, for example, in Huter and Champion devices, a hole is provided through which you can insert either a thin screwdriver or a metal rod.
So, to remove the bobbin, follow 2 simple steps.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head housing and start twisting it clockwise. Turn in this direction for the reason that the thread cut on the shaft is left.
Fishing line winding algorithm
Depending on which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the fishing line are selected. The diameter of the cord can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. It is not difficult to guess that the thicker you fill the cord, the more rigid and thick grass it can cut.
There are 3 ways to find out what diameter of fishing line can be used on your mower.
- View information about the thickness of the cord in the instructions for the device.
- Look at the bobbin itself. It can be marked with information about the possible diameters of the fishing line.
- Insert the fishing line into the outlet. If it easily passes into it, then a cord of this diameter can be used.
The line is wound on a reel located in the mowing head. So first you need to open it (as mentioned above). There are 2 ways of winding the cord.
In order to correctly determine how many meters of fishing line is needed for a particular reel, it is necessary to wind it on a bobbin so that the coil does not exceed the diameter of the sides. If the fishing line peeks over the edges of the reel, you cannot insert it into the casing. After you have decided on the length of the material, it must be loaded into the bobbin, so do the following.
- It is necessary to fold the fishing line in half so that one end of it is 10-15 cm longer from the other.
- Please note that the bobbin is divided into 2 parts by the central side, from which charging begins. Find a groove on it and insert a cord bent in half into it, with a little effort.
- It is very important to determine in which direction the line is wound around the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating in which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the reel. In such a situation, you can look at the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be carried out carefully, coil to coil, with maximum thread tension.
- After the laying of the cord is completed, you will need to first fix the short end of the fishing line by inserting it into a suitable diameter groove on the side of the reel.
- The second end, the one that is authentic, is mounted in a groove on the opposite side of the bobbin.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving allowances of about 10 cm.
- Next, you need to install a seasoned coil in the mowing head. To do this, by inserting and pulling the thread into the outlet openings of the head, place the bobbin in the casing, and then, after applying the required force, pull the fishing line out of the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now you can put on the cover and fix it with latches.
In some coils, a second method of securing the cord is provided: 2 pieces of thread can be charged, instead of one folded in half. Replacing the fishing line occurs according to the following algorithm.
- Before changing or charging a new thread into a spool, determine how many meters it will be required in the manner described above.
- Bend one end of the cord in the form of a hook.
- Locate the hole at the bottom of the bobbin to secure the fishing line, and insert the end of the thread bent in the loop into it.
- It is required to wind the cord according to the direction of the arrow to the required level not exceeding the diameter of the coil.
- Do the same for the second bobbin slot.
- Assembling the head is no different from the method that was given when refueling the bobbin was considered with a doubled piece of fishing line.
For Shtil brand scythes, there is a very simple and quick way to replace the fishing line without disassembling the mowing head, which you can familiarize yourself with by watching this.
The ends of the cord sticking out of the holes in the casing can be cut to the required length already when the part is installed in the trimmer. There are two ways to do this:
- Turning on the trimmer (during rotation, the ends of the fishing line are cut off on a knife fixed for this purpose on the protective cover);
- By cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they do not touch the housing body.
The second method is used if it was necessary to put a cord of large diameter, and a cutter cannot shorten it.
If the thread was charged into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is insufficient, then they must be lengthened before starting the machine. This applies to the head with manual adjustment.
However, there are cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head, when due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they do not automatically extend.
In this case, it is necessary to turn off the unit (it is absolutely necessary to pull the plug out of the socket on the electric apparatus), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little fishing line. After this procedure, the cord will again be able to extend due to centrifugal force, if you set the maximum spindle speed.
What can be used instead of fishing line
Many users of trimmers are wondering: what can replace the default cord used in this kind of apparatus? They begin to conduct unsafe experiments by installing metal or copper wire, metal cables or strings, as well as ordinary fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install a metal cable instead of a fishing line, the trimmer turns into a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that during operation of the unit, the steel cable will gradually work, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will fly apart in different directions at high speed.
And if you accidentally hook your own or someone else’s foot while operating the machine with a steel cable (wire), then a strong and deep cut of the tissues, and in some cases amputation of your toes, is provided. It is not in vain that the manufacturer uses nylon for these purposes, since it is quite light and durable, and when detached it does not fly away and cannot cause injury.
Of course, you can use a fishing line in the trimmer instead of the standard one, but this will add you extra trouble, because it wears out quickly, breaks, mows slowly and is not suitable for cutting hard grass. In addition, during the work, a lot of time is lost in order to replace a broken tool more than once.
In practice, the installation of an ordinary fishing line is justified if the user is going to mow the grass near the fence, especially if he is from a netting net. In this case, in order to protect the standard, and sometimes expensive cord from wear, it is changed to a fishing line, which is not a pity. Usually, in order to change the cord to the fishing line, it needs to be selected with the greatest thickness. 2-3 mm.
Replacing fishing line with a disc or knife
When refining a garden plot, park areas and other places where it is necessary to mow various kinds of plants, it is often necessary to change the cutting tool in the trimmer.
This is dictated by the fact that the standard cord installed in the mowing head can only cope with herbs.
But when a shrubbery or young shoot of trees appears on the way of the worker, the line cannot cope with such a task, and it needs to be replaced with a more effective cutting tool.
Manufacturers of trimmers provided for such situations, and supplemented their products with a mass of nozzles in the form of knives with several “petals” or in the form of disks similar to circular saws.
If you replace the fishing line with a knife with several “petals”, then with such a tool you can mow both tall grass and plants with thick and dry stems. And changing the fishing line to the disk, the user of the brushcutter has the opportunity to cut down bushes or small trees.
Knives and wheels are installed according to the following algorithm.
- The first step is to remove it by locking the shaft, the mowing head (turn clockwise) or the nut with the boot if the unit has not been used yet.
- Set the saw or cutting knife so that they are put on a small ledge (bushing).
- Install the fastener cover on top of the knife and screw the nut onto the shaft (counterclockwise).
- Tighten the nut (counterclockwise) using a pipe wrench.
For a better understanding of the tool change process, you can watch this.
Fishing line problems
Users of trimmers, both gasoline and electric, sometimes have problems with the cord.
“Advanced” owners of mowers can easily cope with the difficulties encountered, understanding why this is happening, and for beginners, this is a problem that does not have a rational explanation.
But in fact, everything is solved quite simply. The most common problems that happen with fishing line are as follows.
If the line is often torn, the following reasons can cause it:
- Stones, small branches and other solid obstacles come across in the grass;
- The user mows the grass right next to the fence, and if it is mesh, it breaks the “antennae” even faster;
- Poor quality of the cord (it is recommended to purchase high-quality);
- The outlet openings in the mowing head are worn out, due to which the fishing line is erased against the sharp edges of the bushings and breaks off (a complete replacement of the part is required).
High cord consumption
Basically, the cord ends quickly if you often knock on the ground with a semi-automatic head or press it down hard. The reel is unlocked, and the fishing line, lengthening, is cut with a knife.
Another reason that the cord ends quickly is the improper use of the machine with an automatic head: when mowing, the user often drops engine speed.
But as we remember, the automatic head is designed so that it is with each decrease in speed that a new portion of fishing line is fed, so it is quickly consumed.
The thread does not hold
It happens that the thread is unwound if the spring has loosened in the semi-automatic head. The fishing line is constantly extended and trimmed with a knife mounted on the casing, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the fishing line “climbed”, then you need to replace the spring.
Fishing line crashes
The reason that the cord unwinds after starting the unit can also be the weakening of the spring inside the head.
In addition, there are times when the mowing head scatters when the unit is turned on, and the spring installed in it is lost.
Inexperienced users do not notice the absence of a spring and assemble this unit without it. Therefore, the cord does not hold, and flies out under the influence of centrifugal force.
The cord does not feed, the coil does not spin
An automatic or semi-automatic head should feed the line without stopping the unit. But if it does not come out, then the reasons may be the following:
- Incorrectly wound fishing line in the reel, because of which the latter does not spin;
- The cord is wound unevenly, and the thread can get stuck between turns (the thread should be wound carefully, turn to thread, without distortions);
- Too short ends of the thread come out of the holes, as a result of which there is not enough centrifugal force to remove them, and the fishing line is not supplied (it is recommended that the cord length is always adjusted before starting the unit, pulling it slightly);
- The fishing line stuck together (to be discussed later).
The thread sticks together
This trouble is most often due to the use of low-quality cord. When the machine is operating, the trimmer head heats up, and the poor-quality fishing line in it melts, sticking together. Also, sintering of threads occurs when a fishing line meets a solid obstacle.
In this case, a sharp braking of the cord occurs, after which it is pulled into the head, where it is attached. Some owners of the units recommend lubricating the cord with mineral oil or spraying it with silicone spray after winding on a bobbin. Others advise winding less thread on a bobbin.
But it is better to immediately buy a quality product, in the manufacture of which the manufacturer took into account the head overheating factor, and the thread will not stick together.
For new trimmers of 2018
Trimmer ECHO SRM-2305SI
Trimmer ECHO SRM-350ES
Hitachi CG22EAS trimmer
Blackdecker GL8033 trimmer
Hammer Trimmer MTK25B
How to refill a fishing line in a trimmer so that working with it does not tire
Are you here
Many summer residents use a trimmer. A scythe with an electric or gas engine to control weeds.
It is convenient when working in places inaccessible to the lawn mower: at fences, flower beds, houses, in the garden on narrow aisles, and can cut small branches. The main element of this wonderful technique is an ordinary fishing line wound on a reel.
The device is simple, but the cutting part wears out quickly, requires replacement. And the question of how to fill the line in the trimmer worries many owners of cottages.
Briefly about the fishing line
Depending on the models of the tool, the thickness of the fishing line is 1.2-4 mm. There are such configurations:
- Round. The most durable;
- Curly. For soft grass;
- Twisted or notched. For thin grass;
- Professional, not suitable for all instrument models.
When replacing the cutting thread, you need to choose the one that suits your type of trimmer. Preference should be given to specialized. Before filling the fishing line into the trimmer coil, it is better to soak it for half an hour in water. Then it will become more elastic and stronger.
How to quickly remove a coil from a tool
Before the thread is wound on a bobbin, it must be removed. Over, the removal methods depend on the features of the tool. On trimmers with a motor near the ground, the spool has two side buttons, when pressed, a part of the housing is separated along with a thread winder.
On instruments with a bent rod, the lamb on the fixture is moved counterclockwise; having disconnected it, they remove both the bobbin and the spring inside it. On trimmers with a direct bar, fix it with a screwdriver, rotate clockwise and remove. Then the device is disassembled either using latches, or by moving its parts in different directions. The spring is taken out of the coil.
Refueling the fishing line with a trimmer
The main question is how to wrap the fishing line on the trimmer coil, fixing it securely there?
In the case of a device with one antennae, up to four meters of fishing line is unwound, inserted into the hole inside it, fixing the fishing line, one of its ends and moved in the direction indicated by the arrow. The edge of the thread is fixed in the groove inside the bobbin so that when it is assembled, it does not unwind. If there is no groove, then this free end is fixed with a finger. Then the coil is assembled.
How to refill the trimmer coil if it has two antennae? In this case, check how many grooves are on it. One or two. In the first case, both antennae are sent to the common groove, if there are two, then each of them. In its own.
2-4 meters of thread are passed through the hole so that the free edges of the thread are the same length, and twist the bobbin in the direction of the arrow.
The ends of the thread are inserted into the grooves or held with a finger, assemble the device and attach to the trimmer.
In a spool with two grooves, the same piece of thread is folded in the form of a loop, sent to the groove between them and the ends are wound at the same time. Then repeat the previous assembly.
With semi-automatic winding, the bobbins act as follows. The fishing line is passed through the hole inside, its ends are fixed in the holes on the body, collect it and press the button.
In this case, the thread is easily wound in the right direction.
It is important to remember that the cutting surface must be protected from solid objects so that it does not wear out. Otherwise, it will be necessary to constantly stop and, having removed the bobbin, replace the spent fishing line. Let your work be not tiring and bring joy!
Watch the: How to lock a fishing line into a trimmer
Any self-respecting summer resident is required to have at their disposal a summer trimmer, or as they also call a motokosa. However, in order to maintain the trimmer in working condition, you must be able to replace the fishing line in the trimmer correctly to maintain healthy.
In this manual, we will consider removing the trimmer coil and replacing the fishing line in it. Terms used in the manual:
- Trimmer or brushcutter. An electric device for mowing grass lawn. Can work on electricity or gasoline
- Trimmer mowing head. An element that is mounted on the stick of your brushcutter
- Reel. A device on which a fishing line is wound
- Trimmer fishing line. Small-diameter wiring used to cut grass (mowing)
guide to replace the fishing line at the trimmer at the end of the article
How to remove the trimmer coil; Trimmer mowing head
Before starting to replace the fishing line, you should separate the mowing head of the brushcutter in which the fishing reel is located. This element is attached to the end of the stick of your trimmer and removed by unscrewing it in the direction where the arrow on the coil points.
After removing the mowing head with the coil, you must open it. First of all, you need to find a latch mechanism on the coil. It is part of the reel and is like 2 clamps, clicking on which you can open the reel and get to the place where you want to wind the line.
Open the mowing head and take out the reel for winding fishing line
You can open the coil with your hands or with a screwdriver or other tools with which you can pry the snap elements.
Winding fishing line on the trimmer reel; How to replace the trimmer’s fishing line?
Before starting to replace the trimmer fishing line, it is worth measuring a few meters of fishing line; What kind of fishing line to use is written in the trimmer documentation or directly on the motokosa itself.
- What kind of fishing line to use for trimmer?
Mostly used fishing line with a diameter of 2-3 mm; The diameter of the fishing line depends on how large the stems are in your grass. If it is necessary to mow the mugs, then in this case it is better to choose a fishing line with a diameter of 3 mm or more, if your trimmer provides for this.
After we measure out the necessary piece of fishing line, fold it in half and hold it with your fingers even stronger from the side of the scrap. In the same way as when inserting threads into a needle.
How to wrap fishing line on a trimmer reel?
Then you should find on the reel slots for attaching fishing line; place the fold into the fishing line.
Slot in reel for attaching fishing line
Then we wind the line on the reel in the direction indicated on the reel itself. As a rule, the fishing line is wound counterclockwise, but if this information is not on the reel, then you should contact the trimmer for information.
Winding fishing lines on a motor-scythe reel
We wash the fishing line until there are two ends of the sizes of 10-15 centimeters. Winding the fishing line of the trimmer occurs with little effort and uniformity.
These ends must be inserted into the holes of the mowing head. Then we insert the coil into the mowing head, fix it and screw it onto the trimmer stick. Also, the excess part of the fishing line should be cut off if it is larger than the diameter of the protective casing.
The ends of the fishing line should be cut off with scissors or bite off with teeth.
We advise you to watch the youtube on how to properly replace the fishing line of the trimmer, by wrapping it on a coil of motokosa.