Trimmer hose for grass trimmers
It is best to use a factory-made rotary slicer and shredder accessory. It is easier and cheaper than to make the device yourself. It is a good idea to check your trimmer’s working life before you make a purchase:
This information will help you find the right bit. Usually in the description of nozzles indicate the outer diameter of the rod. 26 or 28 mm and the number of slots on the shaft. 7, 9, or the shape of the end section. a square. To accurately select the right size is yet to measure the diameter of the shaft. they also vary in size, there are shaft diameters of 7, 8 and 9 mm.
If you use a brand-name tool of famous international brands, rather than Chinese consumer goods it is better to order a brand-name attachment. This will extend the life of the attachment and the brushcutter., for example, it is worth visiting brand stores, where professionals will pick up the nozzle, and here you can also consult on the order of service units.
For work on small areas, an ordinary disc cutter will be sufficient, but for larger areas, it is better to use saber and drum cutters.
Sharpening of milling cutters is recommended before each use.
When selecting a working tool, you should be guided by the dimensions recommended by the manufacturers. Too large blades can’t be held by the hand, and too small ones won’t do the job. If you can pick up several sets of cutters for the cultivator, it is worth thinking about the possibility of buying cutters of different diameters. this will allow you to pick up the tool for each specific type of task.
Is it worth it to make an attachment-cultivator by yourself?
The technology of taking care of the vegetation will also change: first you should go over the beds with a knife, cutting the grass, and then use the rotary cultivator.
Having made the decision to independently make a nozzle-cultivator to the trimmer, you should first assess the following:
The design of the output section of the boom: if it is a flexible shaft, you have to forget about the cultivator: it will not withstand the constantly varying amplitude of torques. A driveline is more functional, and a multi-finger boom, not a bent one, is considered the best design. Drive power: if it is less than 1000 W, the engine will overheat and the output will be drastically reduced. Fuel tank capacity: energy consumption will increase significantly, because you have to make the cultivator head from improvised materials. That is why the tank must hold at least 1 litre of fuel. Handle design. Ergonomics experts say that a T-handle is the most convenient, because it provides the most accurate and reliable direction. Common in some models J-shaped handle to hold a gasoline grass trimmer with a cultivator attachment is difficult.
If the available trimmer for grass meets the listed requirements, and its owner has sufficient experience in performing such works, then it is quite possible to make a disk nozzle with your own hands. As for the toothed type nozzles, their independent production is very labor-intensive, and will not provide the desired quality.
Determining the causes of malfunction
If the grass trimmer engine does not start or stops immediately after start, if the gearbox overheats or during the operation of the device extraneous noises are heard and vibration is clearly felt it is important to make a visual inspection and identify a non-working unit
To optimize preparations before the repair, you should make a simple diagnosis and check step by step
- presence of fuel in the tank and grease in the main units;
- serviceability of the spark plug and its performance;
- Cleanliness of the brushcutter’s fuel and air filter;
- clogging of the outlet channel and breather of the device;
- the quality of fuel and lubricants used.
To determine the functional capability of the lawnmower ignition, you should determine whether the spark plug works by testing the appearance of the spark when it contacts the body of the functional device.
The spark plug itself can be replaced with a new one, pre-drying the spark plug channel, if necessary, the old element is also dried, cleaned with special devices and returned to its place.
Lawnmower design and common malfunctions
It is easiest to give the lawnmower for repair, allocating a certain amount of money from the family budget, prompt and quality repair with their own hands is no less simple and convenient if you want to understand the design of the mower and fix all the problems.
Mass and piece production of trimmers is based on the use of common technology, the typical design scheme consists of certain elements and parts, it is important to know when carrying out independent repair work:
- top part. The base of the entire structure, where all the important elements are assembled, such as the starter, carburetor and lawnmower engine;
- middle part. The hollow rod, inside it is the rope that connects the engine and the gearbox, which drives the cutting line for the trimmer. This part contains mounts to distribute the weight of the entire design and a belt to secure the grass trimmer to the belt of the person using the grass trimmer for its intended purpose;
- bottom part. It contains the gearbox and cutting elements, which are hidden under a practical cover to protect the user. The cover provides an increased level of safety, preventing large particles of debris, pebbles and glass from getting into the person while working with the petrol mower.
The most common and frequently occurring, self-repairable machine breakdowns can be called the following problems:
- engine malfunction, due to which the lawnmower does not start and does not work;
- excessive vibration of the brushcutter bar, making it hard to use as intended;
- increased overheating of the gearbox, its accelerated heating during operation;
- Slow and weak cutting line at insufficient RPM;
- clogging of the starter grid, causing overheating of the engine and its failure to operate;
- Rapid and frequent clogging of the carburetor through the use of low-quality fuel;
- clogging of the air filter if the unit is not maintained properly.
All these problems can lead to the fact that the device will lose its ability to work, before ordering the necessary spare parts for brushless brushcutter should conduct a visual inspection and diagnosis of the device.
Special attention requires individual parts and units of the device, to check them it is not necessary to turn to a professional craftsman, a set of diagnostic measures will help your own hands to identify the consequence of the loss of performance.
How to correctly put the trimmer blade on the grass trimmer
Put a knife on the grass trimmer is not so difficult. The manufacturer equips its tools with a special pin that allows you to lock the gearbox and a wrench, with which the bobbin with the fishing line is unscrewed. The most important thing is to observe safety rules and the sequence of disassembly when changing cutting elements.
The algorithm for installing the blade on the grass trimmer is as follows:
- We remove the blade guard;
- Lock the drive. To do this, align the two holes. in the hub of the shaft and in the gear cup. After their alignment we insert the pin in the holes;
- We unscrew clockwise from the hub bobbin with a fishing line or an attachment nut that holds the dust cover (if the grass trimmer has not yet been used);
- Further we mount the blade so that the slits on the hub washer coincide with notches in the cutting disk hole;
- Install the dust cover;
- Tighten the fastening nut (counterclockwise) holding the locking pin;
- Tighten it using a pipe wrench;
- Reinstall the blade guard.
As you can see there is nothing complicated. Now you can safely proceed to mow weeds on the site.
To cut tall, tough grass or wild growth of fruit trees, it’s easy to use a trimmer with a blade. On low-power electric grass trimmers put plastic knives, on more powerful gasoline. metal. If you have previously worked with a fishing line, it is necessary to remove the mowing head and replace the blade. See below for detailed instructions on how to do this.
Installing a blade on a grass trimmer
Before you change the blade on the trimmer, you must disconnect the tool from the network. If it is a trimmer, you must turn off the engine.
- If you have not used a ride-on trimmer before. Use a hexagon socket wrench (or a similarly sized rod, which can also be a standard nail) in the gearbox opening. This is to prevent rotation of the shaft. Unscrew the retaining nut and remove the gear cup from the shaft.
- If a mowing head is installed. As in p.Insert the socket wrench into the hole in the gearbox. Hold wrench and unscrew mowing head.
- Install the washer on the hub, then the knife. Make sure the tabs match the notches. Then the knife will be properly centered.
- Put the thrust washer and gear cup on top of the knife.
- Put the fixing nut on the shaft and tighten counterclockwise. To do this, you will need a socket wrench.
- Note. to prevent the nut from unscrewing during operation, most gasoline trimmers have a stud that is inserted into the hole in the shaft.
Grass trimmer attachment for weeding
When buying a grass trimmer to care for the countryside, it is better to buy a mowing head as well. With it, the machine performs a variety of agricultural work. You can trim bushes, shred dead wood. The nozzle is also needed for weeding, removing weeds that quickly take over the area.
Cultivator attachments are good for working small plots of land. There is often more than one cutting part. The working width of the power tools is adjustable from 130-250 mm. They have a deflector plate to keep debris out. Usage options:
Turning torque from the engine of the machine is transmitted to the nozzle-cultivator through the shaft in a special bar. you need to buy it separately. This unit differs in the number of slits on the end part of the rod. There can be 7 or 9 of them. For example, an Oleo-Mac cultivator attachment to a Husqvarna trimmer will not fit.
Slotted attachment of cutters or discs to the shaft is practical. It allows free movement of the cutting units, which is ideal for cultivation. You can loosen the soil with a wide grip. up to 200-250 mm per pass. When selecting a nozzle, mechanical limitations on drive power must be taken into account. If the device is designed for power up to 1.5 thousand. W, then the cultivator is suitable only for the purpose of loosening the soil or for hilling beds, potato bushes.
Grass trimmer nozzles differ by the type of cutting mechanism. It determines the efficiency and quality of work to be performed with a gasoline-powered unit. Cultivator nozzle for grass trimmer comes in two types:
- Toothed. This type includes a straight row of several curved and sharpened blades. They turn out the ground and open it up. The toothed attachment is heavy. its weight is up to 5 kg.
- Disk. These cultivator devices are equipped with several discs, which have fixed knives. The ends of the blades are curved in a certain direction. They have a protective flap on top, which prevents the earth from flying out during the work process.
Weeding accessories can be attached to the trimmer in several ways. There are three of them in total:
Advantages and disadvantages
Cultivator attachments for trimmers have several important advantages. Read more about them:
- They are excellent for harvesting and weeding. The tool is often used by supporters of organic agriculture, who tend to think that often loosening and plowing the soil is harmful.
- Cultivator attachment easily and quickly copes with weeds that have not yet grown too much. In addition, cultivation allows you to loosen the soil and oxygenate it, which will have a positive effect on the development of plants.
- Easy-to-operate and less expensive than single-axle tractor-mounted implements.
- Quick-rotating power tillers are capable of high work efficiency.
- Suitable for loosening soil not only on a wide area, but also in greenhouses, flower gardens, flowerbeds.
- The disc cultivator is equipped with a safety guard.
Every gasoline grass trimmer attachment has its disadvantages. Be sure to consider them. These are such moments:
- Any attachment-cultivator for grass trimmer will significantly increase the weight of the assembled unit. by about 5-6 kg. Not everyone will be able to do it for a long time.
- The cutter head will not allow the blades to press close to the soil. Excessive force will cause breakage or at least bending of the boom.
- A brushcutter cultivator is recommended for use on clay soil, t.к. it is not capable of penetrating deep. it will only scratch the surface of the ground.
- The drive of gasoline trimmers is behind the working one, and the boom is often long. During cultivation, there are constant vibrations. Their value is conditioned by both the changing load on the cutters or discs, and the length of the boom.
- Vibrations are transferred to the user’s hands through the shoulder strap. It is not always easy to hold a large assembly and operate the power button on the machine. Long land cultivation with an attachment is not safe for your health.
Top 5 best grass trimmer attachments for weeding
Before ordering a grass trimmer attachment, read the description and features of the top designs. Explore their pros and cons, value for money. Known manufacturers: Bosch, Echo, Elitech, Husqvarna, Patriot, Oleo-Mac, STIHL, etc. The best attachments on gasoline weed trimmers are:
- KAAZ Kat-MC250P for VSP255S;
- Echo PAS-Tiller Cultivator for PAS-265ES;
- KR400MP Makita 195710-3;
- Oleo-Mac CULT;
- for TAC chain saws.
KAAZ Kat-MC250P for VSP255S (244G03) petrol weed trimmer
KAAZ Kat-MC250P grass trimmer attachment for VSP255S
The VSP255S grass trimmer cultivator attachment has a tiller that allows you to change the depth of your plowing. Suitable for small vegetable gardens. Due to its compact size, the nozzle is suitable for cultivating soil around flowers in flowerbeds, loosening soil around trees and in hard-to-reach places. It effectively fights weeds. Learn more:
- price: 9990 р.;
- Features: compatible with Caiman VSP255S, high strength steel blade material, working width. 240 mm, depth. 360 mm, Manufactured by Kaaz (Japan);
- Advantages: wide range of action, possibility to adjust the ploughing depth, robustness;
- Advantages: can only be fitted on one trimmer model.
Echo PAS-Tiller Cultivator for brushcutters PAS-265ES
Echo PAS-Tiller Cultivator for PAS-265ES brushcutters
This attachment was specially designed for the PAS-265ES brushcutter to work on small areas, flowerbeds and lawns. It is compact, but not efficient for weeding large areas. The design is characterized by good strength and durability. It can replace a number of working tools for the garden. Weeding will be fast and efficient. Parameters:
- price: 17800 p.
- Specifications: manufacturer. Echo (Japan), compatibility. with PAS-265ES, gross weight. 3.36 kg;
- Pluses: compact, maneuverable, high quality performance, easy installation;
- Disadvantages: expensive, suitable for one brushcutter.
KR400MP Makita 195710-3
Makita’s KR400MP nozzle 195710-3
Grass trimmer attachment from the Japanese manufacturer will greatly simplify the care of a garden plot, small vegetable garden or garden. Good for lawn care, flowerbeds. Weighs a little less than other counterparts for weeding. The design is generally reliable, made of metal. The cutting element is a cutter. Parameters:
- price: 17160 р.
- Specifications: tool model. EX2650LH, DUX60Z, width. 16 cm, cutter diameter. 23,2 cm, manufacturer. Makita (Japan);
- Advantages: good efficiency, high reliability, ideal for weeding small areas;
- disadvantages: high price.
Oleo-Mac CULT nozzle
Cultivator addition on the grass trimmer, designed for the treatment of small vegetable gardens, beds, flowerbeds and even greenhouses. The tool has an adjustable plowing depth, t.к. it is equipped with a soil tiller. blades are made of high-strength steel, which says about its reliability and durability. Detailed parameters:
- price: 12990 р.
- Specifications: brand. Oleo-Mac (Italy), blade material. steel, cutter width. 200 mm, weight. 6 kg, suitable for models Oleo-Mac 740T, 746T, 753T, 755 Master;
- Pluses: adjustable plowing depth, robust blades, good efficiency in small areas, wide wing blades;
- Disadvantages: heavy, a little more oversized than analogues.
Nozzle for TAC chain saws (shaft. 7 splines, shaft 26 mm)
Attachment for TAC chain saws
This is an attachment on the grass trimmer for weeding, which thoroughly digs the soil, facilitating the penetration of moisture and nutrients and saturating it with oxygen. The device is firmly attached to the trimmer. In order to quickly and easily loosen the ground in a small area, the cultivator has rotating cutters. A protective shield, like on other models, helps prevent debris from getting to the operator. Detailed parameters:
Types and principle of operation of cultivators
The working principle of the cultivator is simple: the element that loosens the ground begins to work after the mechanical part of the device is started. Depending on the external size, engine power and performance, cultivators are divided into three types: light, medium and heavy equipment.
- Light equipment is used in small areas with soft soil (flowerbeds, greenhouses).
- Medium-heavy cultivators are used on clay soils.
- Heavy equipment refers to the universal equipment. It can be used for any soil.
Cultivators come in different types: disc, rotary, foot, and milling. According to their function, they can be: manual, electrically powered and petrol-powered, as well as trailed, mounted, treating one or more rows.
When processing a land plot, everyone chooses the right model for themselves. Handmade cultivators are good because they can be made on their own with minimal monetary costs.
Advantages and disadvantages
Every cultivator, regardless of whether it is manual or electric, has its pros and cons.
- Hand cultivator. Easy to use and much more convenient than a shovel, compact. Doesn’t strain the lower back. Good loosening of soil, does not spread the roots all over the area. But this equipment cannot cope with unploughed land, because it has a low performance. Best for small areas, such as flowerbeds or greenhouses.
- Electric cultivator. Cultivator is light and compact, and runs on the mains. Easy to service. The disadvantage of the technique is the electric cord. It can interfere during work, and because of its length appears limited in the cultivated area. Has low power and shallow working depth. Not designed for attachments.
- Gasoline cultivator. It has many functions thanks to the attachment. It is not connected to electricity, so it can move around the whole plot. Suitable for small areas. Weighs a lot more than an electric tool. It is hard to care for, and requires fuel for refueling.
Principle and efficiency of weeding
Weeding as a cultivator processing aims at destroying weeds by exhaustion method. the plants need time after processing to recover and gain the necessary strength. At this time, potatoes or other vegetable crops can continue to grow successfully.
Weeding potatoes with a trimmer is usually done in three ways:
- by mowing weeds with a mowing head or disc mower
- Treatment with a cultivator with a drum attachment;
- Working with a cultivator with a scraper or disc coulter.
Mowing is usually carried out when the weeds reach a height of 7-10 cm. Only the part above the ground is mowed, and the roots are left untouched. Usually a rapid growth of the green mass begins afterwards, so the efficiency of this kind of treatment is not very high.
When trimmer weeding is carried out with a drum cutter, the roots of weeds are also treated. A big advantage of this method is that the upper layer of soil is fluffed up, and thus increases the exchange of air. The efficiency of this method is much higher than a simple manual weeding or work with a mechanical cultivator. A drum tiller allows to loosen the soil to a depth of 3-5 cm.
When using a sabre or disk nozzle, the efficiency increases even more. the working depth increases to 5-7 cm. The roots of the plants and the green mass of the weeds are ground up many times and this results in a fast decomposition of the plant residues in the ground. After such weeding, weeding is usually done again after at least 10-14 days. However, there is one nuance to consider. when working with drum cutters, the width of the processed strip is about 30 cm., But when working with a scissors or disc cutters, the width can be no more than 15-20 cm.
Weeding potatoes with a trimmer
Why grass trimmers are the best choice for dacha?
If you do not have a smooth, in all respects, the lawn, and you need to fight with dense overgrowth, a wheeled lawn trimmer is not suitable for you. At the dacha, where there is a vegetable garden, usually the surface of the plot is far from smooth. The grass trimmer in this case is the most ideal option for mowing the lawn. And this is very easy to explain:
- It is very convenient to treat narrow areas between flowerbeds and along paths;
- Perfect for mowing along fences and narrow gaps;
- It is rotatable and easy to operate;
- It can be easily moved from place to place.
Of course, if you need to mow large areas, or do not want to waste time, you can also buy a robotic lawnmower, which will independently control the weeds. But such a device, although quite handy, will not cope with very bumpy surfaces.
Lawn trimmers are the best tools to work in the country
the grass trimmer is ideal for hard-to-reach places where a lawnmower can’t reach. In addition, using a device with a cord, it is not terrible to mow directly along the fence or building, as the blade can break. The line for the trimmer, on the other hand, will only be used up a little faster if it collides with solid objects.
But what trimmer for grass is better to buy for dacha, gasoline or electric? And with which location of the engine, upper or lower? Consider the details and choose the best trimmer for grass to work in the garden.
Varieties of cultivators
The Tornado is the simplest version of the cultivator that you can make yourself. Externally, it looks like a corkscrew, which is fixed on a vertical tripod. It has a horizontal handle at the top. To make it, use a simple fork and a handle for the prong. The handle can be purchased at the hardware store. It is shaped like a handle and can be used with forks and shovels.
In a cultivator, the handle must be long. Therefore, it is necessary to increase the nozzle. Use a plastic pipe with a slightly larger diameter than the thickness of the plastic nozzle for the extension. The length of the tube must be approximately 0.5 m
To put the pipe on the handle bar, it is carefully cut lengthways and turned out. Wrap the pipe with electrical tape. Secured, during work it will not slip, and will not slip out of its place
The ready-made handle has protrusions on both sides that are about 25 cm long. Using a simple hammer to change the tines of the forks under the shape of a corkscrew. By hitting the metal prongs hard, they will begin to bend in the desired direction. The original photo of the cultivator, helps to repeat its exact curves.
Cultivator from a bicycle
This hand cultivator is more complex. It is made out of bicycle parts: a frame and a wheel.
- A cultivator head made with your own hands from sharp metal rods is attached to a bicycle frame. You can use a piece of an old cultivator as a head. From a small plough, create the frame of the device.
- Use a metal or aluminum tube 2 to 2.5 cm in diameter to make a handle.
- All connections are firmly fastened with bolts. The elements should not be loose.
- Fix a medium-sized wheel to the frame. Hinge nuts or simple locknuts are used as fasteners. Wheels that are too big or small do not fit.
A variety of cultivators
Tornado is the simplest version of a cultivator, which can be made with your own hands. It looks like a corkscrew that is mounted on a vertical tripod. The top of the structure is equipped with a horizontal handle. To make it, a simple fork and a handle for the cutter are used. The nozzle can be bought in a hardware store. It is shaped like a handle and is used to work with pitchforks and shovels.
In a cultivator, the handle must be long. Therefore, the nozzle must be increased. For the extension use a plastic tube, slightly larger in diameter than the thickness of the plastic nozzle. The length of the tube should be about 0.5 m
To allow the tube to be put on the handle handle, it is carefully cut lengthwise and turned out. The pipe is wrapped with duct tape. Secured, during work it will not slip, and will not slip out of its place
there are about 25 cm protrusions on both sides of the finished handle. Use a simple hammer to change the tines of the forks to the shape of a corkscrew. By hitting the metal tines hard, they begin to bend in the desired direction. The original photo of the cultivator, helps to repeat its exact bends.
Cultivator from a bicycle
This hand cultivator is more complex. It is made from parts of a bicycle: a frame and a wheel.
- Cultivator head, made by your own hands from sharp metal bars, is attached to the bicycle frame. The head can be a piece of an old cultivator. A small plough is used to make the frame.
- The handle is made of metal or aluminum pipe with a diameter of 2 to 2.5 cm.
- All connections are firmly fastened with bolts. The construction elements should not dangle.
- Attach a medium-sized wheel to the frame. Hinge nuts or simple locknuts are used as fasteners. Wheels that are too big or too small are not suitable.
Advantages and disadvantages
The attachment-cultivator for benzotrimmer, regardless of its variety, increases the weight of the assembled machine up to 5-6 kg. This is quite a popular product among the buyer, which is characterized by the ease of maintenance. This device is characterized by a more reasonable cost in comparison with equipment for a motocultivator. Cultivator attachment on the gasoline trimmer for grass is convenient in the conditions of greenhouses, it not only loosens the soil, but also saturates it with oxygen.
Given that this device is made with quality assembly, it is durable, which can not fail to please the user. The devices themselves really simplify the work of the dacha owner and allow him to speed up his work.
As for the disadvantages of attachments-cultivators on the gasoline trimmer, many buyers note their weight. The weight insufficiency of the device is the reason that, when faced with a difficult soil, it can not go deep into the soil at all, but only scratches its upper layer. In addition, practice shows that it is impossible to press the cutters to the ground with these attachments. It is fraught with the fact that the rod begins to spring, and, as a consequence, the equipment quickly wears out.
If you try to press the vibrating device more on the ground, it will break the grass mower or the working tool. The drive shaft is rather long, so one can’t avoid vibrations during cultivation, which are directly related to the length of the shaft itself. It also depends on the complexity of the area to be treated, because the load on the discs and cutters in the case of dense soil will be greater.
It is difficult to hold and control a long vibrating tool. In this case it is also worth knowing that constant work with a vibrating tool can be fraught with negative consequences for human health. For example, the constant vibration can damage blood vessels and nerves in the fingers of those who have problems with blood supply. Working with a brushcutter with a cultivation head for extended periods can cause problems even in healthy subjects.
If you really have to buy a tool for cultivation, it is better to choose a disc version. It is equipped with a safety guard, although this complicates the work of the user somewhat. Do-it-yourself extraction does not always work as efficiently as with a self-made mowing head. Not only is the work of making a hitch for soil cultivation time-consuming, it is also far from always of high quality and reliable. And self-made products are not always good enough to deal with turf.
To wash the tillers, the equipment must be removed. In addition, from time to time the device should be lubricated with oil. Due to the sharpness of the blade, you should wear gloves. In the process of cultivating the soil must not be switched to high speed. In order to properly wear a protective screen with a line limiter, it is necessary to remove the limiting nut, insert the bracket into the slot and rotate the screen to pass through the slot of the bracket. Then the wing nut must be tightened firmly onto the bolt.
To install the attachment on the brushcutter, you need to remove the plug from the bar of the attachment. Then connect it so that the locking (releasing) button fits into the recess on the coupling. The nozzle is pushed forward until the button clicks into place. Tighten the knob firmly by turning it clockwise before starting the work process. If the holes don’t fit, the nozzle cannot be used on an existing petrol trimmer.
Manufacturers in an effort to attract customers equip models with a large number of additional options, sometimes helping at work, but sometimes completely unnecessary:
- Vacuum system. Collects the hair clippings in a special container. The option prevents clippings from flying all over the place and protects your clothes.
- Wet cleaning. Allows you to wash the grass trimmer under running water, rather than having to spend a long time cleaning the blades with dry brushes.
- Laser Pointer. Theoretically, the tool should help to get straight lines and create the perfect shape of beard, mustache, etc.д. But in practice, the feature is useless. few people use it.
- Hair filing. Makes hairs cut at different lengths and adds visual thickness to the hair.
- Charge Indicator. Monitors your device’s charge level. But make sure that the light is really informative and not just a checkmark.
- Memorizing. The last cutting length used is stored in the memory and will be adjusted automatically the next time the appliance is switched on. Convenient, but underutilized, especially if you use different heads.
- Backlighting. Helps you see even the smallest clipping inaccuracies and the tiniest, outlying hairs. The light really helps some users, and some users write that on the contrary, it disturbs. So if you decide to choose a grass trimmer with light, test the light in advance. ask the salesman for a mirror if you do not have it with you.
Most buyers, without hesitating, which trimmer for grass is better to choose, prefer models with the greatest number of additional options, acting on the principle the more the better. But this statement is quite questionable in this case, each additional function increases the cost of the device. It turns out in the pursuit of maximum capabilities, the buyer pays a lot of money for opiates, which are not even used.
Useful tips on how to choose a grass trimmer
We have considered the basic criteria, how to choose a trimmer for grass for home use, but there are still nuances that need to be considered for the full and comfortable operation of the device:
- Size and weight. Heavy models are uncomfortable. tired hands, it’s problematic to take with you on trips.
- Speed. The faster the operating speed, the quicker and smoother the cut or shave.
- Smoothness. Stable amplitude of the knife stroke prevents pulling of individual hairs, does not cause discomfort and uneven trimming.
- Noise and vibration. A very noisy model will get on your nerves, and increased vibration will have a negative impact on the precision of the haircut and the user’s hands. Pay attention, if you choose a heavy device is not recommended, too lightweight should not take either. the models have an increased vibration.
- Cleaning. There are models that can be washed, requiring cleaning with a brush, and some need to unwind to get to the blades. For comfortable care, choose models that are easy to clean.
- Case Material. Almost all the body is made of plastic, but for the convenience of holding are equipped with bumps, notches or rubber pads that prevent slipping in the hand. What trimmer for grass to choose you can decide, holding each model in your hand. assess the weight, comfort and reliability of the location in the hand.
- Accessories. In addition to the above-described attachments, it is desirable that the device kit includes brushes for cleaning the blades, spare replacement blades, oil for lubrication, a case and a stand.
Following our recommendations for the choice of trimmer for the grass, you purchase a device that will serve you for many years.