Step -by -step disassembly of the handle of the chainsaw Atlant. The cylinder-piston group
Repair of the starter of the chainsaw
Chainsaw is an indispensable tool for the construction and harvesting of firewood. Proper operation with moderate work provides a long life of the tool without breakdowns. However, troubles can arise completely unexpectedly and the serviceable chainsaw is losing performance, and the malfunction can be completely trifling.
The repair of the starter of the chainsaw is presented after a breakthrough of the launch cord. Without a starting cord, a chainsaw becomes completely inoperative. And there is no other way to start the tool. Repair is considered by the example of the chainsaw Partner P350S. The cunning reliable launch of this saw requires at least 4-5 times to pull the launch cord. And this was the first malfunction of the saw. a break of the cord. The cord does not break right away. First, a protective stocking of a cord thread breaks off. This lump interferes with the launch of the saw. It is better not to wait for a cliff of all threads and fix the cord in advance. Do not need to invent anything. Repair should not cause difficulties. True, accurate compliance with the assembly conditions is required. Step.by.step instructions with a scheme of actions with photos and videos are given below.
Dismantling the starter of the chainsaw
- Unscrew three screws of fastening of the starter cover. The key with a screwdriver is suitable for this process, but apply a normal tool.
- Remove the starter. The chainsaw is equipped with a smooth start mechanism, it is located above the coil with a cord.
Installation of a new cord and assembly of the starter
- Cooking a suitable diameter cord 1.2-1.3 meters long. For repair, a nylon linen rope was used :).
- We melt the ends of the rope on the fire so that it does not bloom.
- We tie a complex knot at one end. The knot is required large in diameter. But when installing in a coil should not protrude outside.
- Twist the cord into the coil hole. We do not wound the cord!
Repair of a ragged or damaged cord when using step.by.step instructions will take 15 minutes, which is much faster and cheaper than contacting the Center Service. In my case it is for sure. Watch the video of the repair.
The circuit brake often does not work due to clogging with lubrication or sawdust of the brake tape and space under the lid. All parts from blockages should be cleaned. Perhaps the tape simply worn out, then it must be replaced.
The operation of the brake of the backup is restored using mechanical cleaning
Some parts of the chainsaw wear out faster than the rest. These include the leading star, tire, chain, anti.vibration elements. It is better to always have at hand for quick spare replacement at hand. Do not neglect the sharpening of the chain.
Dismantling of a chainsaw is an important process that allows it to complete its complete cleaning of dust and dirt, to repair its individual components and mechanisms, to re.keep this power tool after wintering, etc.D.
Complete disassembly and assembly will require you from knowledge, skills, and most importantly, attention to trifles and details, because after you have dismantled the chainsaw, it must be collected so that there are no extra screws and bolts.
Features of the device
From the point of view of the layout and main nodes, the PT 3816 model did not bring any revelations to users. This is all the same branded orange-black case and the location of the elements, as in other Patriot saws. In fairness, it is worth saying that most Chinese saws have been operating for more than a year for a really successful design idea. At least Patriot is no worse than others, but in some places and it is better repeating the idea that has become a reference, like the internal combustion engine itself.
Preparation of the mixture
Patriot chainsaws-carburetor devices where gasoline-oil mixture is mixed in the desired air proportion in a membrane carburetor. For the amount of substances entered in the combustion chamber, special needle valves are responsible, the position of which changes with special adjusting screws. An incorrectly configured carburetor is the most common reason for the failures of unexpected summer residents with chainsaws when trying to start and work.
The air is absorbed through the ventilation slots, bypassing the air filter. The last nylon, box, fast.fast, is centered with hairpin, and pressed with the top lid. Having removed it, simultaneously you can access the spark plug.
Gasoline, two.stroke, cooled by air, an unit for 38 “cubes” and a capacity of two horsepower. this is a classic of the initial level of medium.sized saws intended for the house and cottage. Metal crankcase, from aluminum alloy and other non.ferrous metals, a cylinder with a candle of ignition is located in the upper part, the crankshaft. in the lower. The fuel mixture fuels and the production of waste gas are located respectively at the back and front of the saw. In the design of the engine there are no special recesses on the piston and additional purge channels that distinguish more advanced Stile and Khuskvarna motors. This is a standard, simple unit, quite gluttonous and noisy, but compact and productive.
Lubrication in the form of special motor oil for two.stroke engines is added directly to gasoline (the manufacturer recommends a 1:32 ratio). The fuel mixture was washed first the crankshaft and the connecting rod, and then it falls into the combustion chamber, which ensures the grease of the rubbing surfaces.
The Patriot chainsaw has two containers: for a gasoline mixture that is absorbed into the cylinder, and for chain oil, which serves to cool and lubricate the chain. Depending on the modification of the saw, the neck of the tanks can be either near or in front of the oil, and behind the gasoline tank. The covers are unscrewing, with outdoor threads, drowned into the case, with slots under the screwdriver and a plastic crest for manual opening. Pipe and gasoline pumps are equipped with filters, so that neither in the cylinder, nor the pumps, which may well get into the tanks during the valve of liquids in the field.
In order to carry out a cold launch of a saw, you can use such facilitating elements as the air damper drive lever and the primer. The first is located to the right of the gas handle. In the position extended, he blocks air access to the carburetor, which enriches the mixture for easy starting. Primer, that is, a manual fuel pump, pumps gasoline into a carburetor, saving the operator’s efforts, because it will have to be done 3 to 5 jerks less.
The starter is equipped with a light starting device, which reduces the return during returning. After the “grasping” of the motor, the damper must be opened again, after which the next jerk of the saw will be started. Gas trigger is connected to a blocking flag. Until you clamp it, the turnover will not be able to increase.
Do not forget to remove the saw from the brake during gear, otherwise the clutch and the engine will work with increased friction, through force.
Patriot saw modifications can be equipped with various types of saw tires. The best option is the tire and the OREGON chain. A series of Home Garden or other. The length of the tire is constant. 40 cm, however, the user can put less, by 14 inches. Larger tires are not recommended for use, because the engine power is not high, it may not extend the sawing with a long canvas.
The chain has a step 3/8 inches. the most common in household and professional tires. This will allow you to choose the replacement of the standard chain without problems, because it usually does not complain of it.
General principles of disassembly
Basically, all chainsaws have the same components that are dismantled according to a certain scheme. If the assembly of the saw is Chinese, then there is nothing to worry about: most often they are done in the likeness of European models. How to disassemble a chainsaw:
- The clutch cover is removed.
- The starter cover is removed. To do this, you need to unscrew the screws and remove the transverse handle.
- To remove the handle, you need to remove the lid that closes the air filter.
- The gasoline hose is removed from the fitting cover.
- The saw case is dismantled. You need to unscrew the screws and remove the oil tank cover.
- Before you remove the ignition module, you need to analyze the clutch drum: you need to scroll the crankshaft clockwise until the piston blocks the exhaust opening of the gas.
- Then you need to unscrew the clutch on the chainsaw and remove the coupling: you need to slightly hit it with a hammer.
- Screws are removed, a gas tank with an oil hose is dismantled.
Application Patriot Pt 3816
Patriot PT 3816 is an unprofessional model of a chainsaw and is intended for private use. For example, the Patriot 3816 will cope with such tasks as the annual harvesting of firewood in small volumes, pruning of trees in the garden, sawing trash. Also, the saw is used in the construction of fences for trimming wooden pillars.
The Patriot 3816 saw cannot be used by professionals on the industrial deforestation due to a lack of resource. The details of the chainsaws are made, although high.quality, but not designed to work in difficult conditions for a long time. The engine cylinder is completely aluminum, which means he is afraid of long.term work and even minor overheating. If the Patriot 3816 put a chrome cylinder, then the engine resource will increase many times.
If you consider the Patriot 3816 well, then its similarity with typical Chinese.made chainsaws is immediately visible.
We suggest watching a video about the chainsaw Patriot Pt 3816, in which the owner shows the configuration and tells the main characteristics.
The main tool that produces the screws. a screwdriver suitable for their slots. On different carburetors, they are flat, cross.shaped, with an internal or external hexagon, an asterisk.
Some manufacturers of the Husqvarna, Homelite, MTD tools complete their carburetors with jacklers for a special screwdriver. This was done, for the maximum difficulty of the process of independent adjustment of the carburetor by the owner.
JEEP CHEROKEE HANDLE REMOVAL
It can be assumed that the purpose of this is to “boil” on the sale of screwdrivers for adjustment: they really are expensive. But in fact, this is done to protect the saw engine from incorrectly displayed maximum revolutions.
Control tachometer settings. If it is not, you will have to focus on your own hearing, and this is not always effective.
The main stages of carburetor settings:
3 screws are used for adjustment:
The setting process
The adjustment consists of the following actions:
- Install the screws l and h to the standard setting position. This is 1/5 turnover of the screws until complete twisting.
- Run the engine and warm it a little.
- Set the low.speed mode by screws L and idle t. First screw the screw l until the maximum engine speed is obtained. Then release it by 1/4, and with a screw t, bring it to the normal course.
- After setting up the work on the “Niza”, make an adjustment of traction and maximum revolutions. To do this, slowly twist the screw H and checking the speed according to the indications of the electronic tachometer. Do not allow excess of permissible indicators of maximum revolutions recommended by the manufacturer.
- The adjustment of the screw L is stopped when the engine works smoothly, smoothly moves from small speeds to high and does not smoke.
- The final stage. checking the work of the saw in all modes. First let the tool cool down, then make a control launch at idle.
- If the tool works fine, check it under load.
- With a lack of power, repeat the adjustment of the screw N, unscrewing it and checking the thrust again. Loss of traction at maximum speeds is an indicator of wear of CPH or poor fuel quality.
In the process of setting up the carburetor, some non.standard and dangerous tools for the performance of the situation may occur:
- Too strong twisting of the screw l relative can lead to the formation of a depleted fuel-air mixture. When there is a lot of air in the carburetor and there is little gasoline, the piston group dry out and may fail.
- Factory Chinese carburetors have settings on stands taking into account the features of each chainsaw. Any change in the position of the screws during adjustment must be remembered or recorded. This will help return to factory settings if the engine does not start.
- New carburetors for Chinese saws are regulated at factories for a standard number of revolutions or arbitrarily. They may require adjustment immediately after installation on a specific tool.
Reference! Currently, the market has many models of chainsaws of Chinese, less often European production, in which there are simply no adjusting screws. Their configuration provides only in a single screw setting up with one screw, when the tool stalls or gives rare speeds).
How to understand that the setting is correct
The effective and correct settings are evidenced by the following signs:
Repair of a benzo tool always begins with a disassembly. Adhere to the next scheme:
- Remove the clutch cover;
- Remove the handle and unscrew the screws, dismantle the starter cover;
- Dismantle the gasoline supply hose from the fitting cover;
- Remove the motor block cover and unscrew the screws. Remove the body;
- Disassemble the clutch drum (otherwise the ignition module cannot be removed), scrolling the crankshaft clockwise until the gas opening is closed by the piston;
- Remove the coupling, unscrew the clutch (you need a hammer);
- Dill out screws, take out the tank.
Pay attention: U and imported models the same design. Therefore, there will be no problems with disassembly.
Improper care and operation of the tool helps to reduce its service life. To extend his service life before the next repair, it is necessary to follow some preventive recommendations.
How to Polish Engine Cover. CD90 Engine cover restoration
- Before each launch, check the serviceability and tension of the chain, as well as sharpening teeth.
- In the process of sawing, let the instrument periodically rest, especially when it comes to chainsaws of a household or semi.professional class.
- After the work is completed, to clean the chain, tire, air filter, case and other cracks and grooves where sawdust could get.
- Periodically carry out the bus coup to ensure its uniform wear.
- Use only high.quality types of oils and fuel.
- It is impossible to store the fuel mixture for a long time, so drain the residues from the tool and dispose of them.
Work should be carried out only when you make sure that everything is in order. The implementation of such simple preventive procedures can significantly expand the life of the tool.
DIY chainsaw repair: fuel supply system
If the fuel mixture does not enter the cylinder, but the candle works normally, this may mean that:
To clean this node, remove the fuel hose and check the stream. If it is weak, the filter needs to be removed through the pouring hole of the fuel tank and cleaned or replaced in case of complete wear.
As a prevention, it is recommended to replace the fuel filter at least 1 time every 3 months.
This is nothing more than a hole in the lid of the fuel tank, which is cleared with the help of an awl.
There may be several reasons for this:
- The air filter was clogged (in this case, it must be removed, washed with water, dried and put in place);
- The settings of the carburetor were lost (it means this node must be adjusted again);
- the integrity of the carburetor membrane is violated (subject to mandatory replacement);
- Carburetor channels clogged (it must be disassembled and cleaned by all parts and nodes).
Repair of the fuel supply system
Fuel may not fall into the cylinder for the following reasons:
- Fuel filter pollution. The fuel hose should be removed and check how the fuel flows. If the stream is weak, you may need to clean the filter. It is taken out through the pouring hole of the fuel tank and cleaned, in the case of severe contamination, it is replaced with a new. As a prevention, it is recommended to replace the fuel filter every three months.
- Clogging of the saapun (holes in the lid of the fuel tank). They are also checked by disconnecting the hose, in the case of a blockage, cleaned with a needle.
- Absence or insufficient fuel. There may be several causes of the malfunction. The first reason is the clogging of the air filter. The air stops entering the carburetor in the right amount, in this regard, due to the too enriched fuel mixture, the engine operation is disturbed. The contaminated filter is neatly removed, cleaned and washed in water, then dried and installed in place.
Another reason is the incorrect regulation of the carburetor. Adjustment is carried out by three screws.
Timely replacement of the fuel filter guarantees a full fuel supply
The fuel hose and the drive of the air damper should fit tightly to the fittings
The cable of the lever of the throttle drive should be in its place
During operation, you need to use the instructions, otherwise you can only make it worse.
And the last reason is a violation of the integrity of the membrane or clogging of the carburetor channels.
All parts should be clean, dry and serviceable.
Dismantling and cleaner cleaning
If the engine at low speeds works perfectly, and starts to stall at large ones, the reason can lie in the frantic sparkle, clogged with combustion products.
- remove the muffler;
- to disassemble (there are also non.devastated models);
- clean from soot using detergents;
- dry with a hairdryer;
- Install in place.
Dry cleaning is unacceptable, since there are carcinogens in the Nagar, whose inhalation is dangerous to health. After removing the muffler, the exhaust hole is closed with a clean rag.
Merps in the work of the chainsaws signal the possible clogging of the muffler
In order not to clog the muffler, it is necessary to monitor the composition of the fuel mixture. The amount of oil should not exceed the norm recommended by the manufacturer. Poor oil quality also negatively affects engine operation.
The advantages and disadvantages of the Huter chainsaw carburetor
The positive qualities of this carburetor are quite significant:
- Unlike a float carburetor can work in any position;
- the presence of original details, spare parts are sold in all specialized stores;
- There are numerous qualified services for warranty and post.warranty services;
- Democratic for spare parts and repair.
- recommendations in the use of fuel and oil only of high quality (gasoline not lower than AI 92);
- the need to adjust the factory settings of the carburetor.
What is the difference between the adjustment of the carburetor on the Huter BS 52 chainsaw
This chainsaw is installed on the Huter BS 42 chain carburetor carburetor. Therefore, the setting is made in the same sequence.
Practically no different, both visually and internally. At least the tuning of the carburetor is identical.
For a successful outcome of independent settings of the Huter chainsaw carburetor, it is important to be informed in the principle of action and in the exact order follow the instructions of the instructions for its adjustment. And also do not forget that timely and proper care for the tool will provide him with a long service life.
It would seem, why a tanker who is engaged in the cultivation of vegetables and fruits, or the owner of a country house with a small kindergarten and several flower beds? The question is disappeared when there is a desire to build a bathhouse, update the greenhouse, tie an old business or just make a bench for relaxation. Unfortunately, any mechanism periodically needs the prevention and change of spare parts, and for this it is necessary to understand the device of the product well, besides, the repair of the chainsaws with your own hands will save time and money.
When replacing clutch, we do not recommend using metal or plastic objects as a stopper. The former can scratch the cylinder, the latter can litter it.
- We turn on the brake of the circuit stop, remove the protective cover and dismantle the saw headset;
- We remove dirt, sawdust, dried lubrication, if any;
- Remove the air filter and the nursing;
- With the help of a candle key, remove the candle;
- Rotating the crankshaft, we bring the piston to the top point, then take it by 6-9 mm;
- Rope, with a diameter of 7-8 mm, stop the piston in the upper position;
- We unscrew the nut on the clutch with a special key-shooter.
Most of the moving parts of the chainsaw have right.sided rotation. Therefore, in the nut on the clutch, the left thread is provided. Remove the lid, you need to rotate the key by clockwise. It is forbidden to carry out this operation with a hammer and a chisel. you will have a limit!
- Remove the lid and leading star. Diagnose the malfunctions and evaluate the wear of the details. We evaluate the condition of the needle bearing;
- If necessary, we replace the parts with new ones (the leading star needs this most often);
The installation of the clutch system of the chainsaw is carried out in the reverse order, however, you should pay attention to some features.
Nuances when installing a clutch system:
- On some models of the chainsaws between the leading star and the clutch, there may be a puck. Pay attention to which side it costs to the engine;
- Some oil pump drives are equipped with a special spring (mustache), which is responsible for the transmission of rotational movement from the leading star to the oil pump. It is important to adjust the spring so that it falls into the appropriate groove on the stars’ body with a free end (mustache). Otherwise, the saw set will not be lubricated;
Important: after dismantling and assembling clutch, be sure to check the operation of the automatic oil supply system.
How to remove clutch from a chainsaw: detailed report
The process of repairing the clutch coupling is composed of such operations:
- dismantle the chain headset, the airfilter shutters and the clutch itself;
- Stop the crankshaft. for this it is enough just to unscrew the spark plug;
- unscrew the clutch with a special key with strong movements of software or counterclockwise (different models of saw can have either the left and right threads). Usually, a tool in order to remove the coupling is included in the completeness of chainsaws;
- proceed to the disconnection of the drum and stars;
- If, when examining the clutch couplings, one or more cracked springs were found (there may be several, for example, the Husqvarna chainsaws. 3.). we need to replace the spring that failed, with a new one;
- collect clutch on a chainsaw, put it in place and screw it up. Do not forget that the crankshaft should still be motionless;
- aggregate the removed parts in the sequence, reverse disassembly;
- fix the coupling. send the handle of additional braking forward, start the device and carefully remove from the inertial brake.
The chain lubrication system
There are several problems with the lubricant of the chain. This includes:
- Oil flow. If there is a leak of oil, then it is necessary to inspect the tubes for integrity in the joints with the fittings of the pump. Faulty tubes are replaced.
- The shortage of oil. The channels are most often clogged.
- Cracks and chips on the oil pump body. To solve the problem, you need to replace the details.
The brake of the chain
The problem with the circuit brake can occur due to getting into the lubricant or sawdust system. Here you need to clean all the elements from garbage. In addition, the tape may become unusable, then it needs to be replaced.
It happens that some of the parts of the saw more often become unusable than others, so they will have to repair them more than once. Most often it is a tire, a leading asterisk, a chain, anti.vibration details. To quickly repair and assemble the device, you must always have spare parts at hand.