Stihl 180 Bad Gains Turnover
Faults occur both in expensive German or American chainsaw modifications, and in their cheap Chinese fakes. It’s nice when the moment the motor tool starts up smoothly: the saw warms up and gradually reaches the rated power declared by the manufacturer, which is issued throughout the entire working cycle. Things are worse if ate everything happens the other way around: after tugging at the gas cable, the unit starts to slip, runs jerkily after short pauses, stalls and starts up again from the pusher.
The reasons for this phenomenon can be many, as well as scenarios. We consider in detail each working situation and the breakdowns that preceded them.
What if the chainsaw does not keep idle?
Problems with idle are considered constant companions of chainsaws. There can be several prerequisites that could lead to dithers at the moment of start-up and scrolling of the chain when idling: the main ones are:
- Litter of the air and gas filter;
- Poor-quality fuel mixture or its improper preparation;
- Problems with the ignition module;
- A carburetor whose settings no longer correspond to the load on the saw;
- Motor elements are deformed or rusted.
Consistently perform a number of actions:
- Flush the fuel hose or replace it with a new one,
- They clean the air filter, which could become clogged with sawdust and dirt particles. Modern air filters are reusable, they can be washed with the addition of detergent, completely removed from the saw body;
- Check gasoline and engine oil, which may be of poor quality or simply not suitable for working with this saw;
- Test candles and carburetor.
Eliminating one or more possible malfunctions usually returns the saw to its former strength.
Why is the chainsaw not gaining momentum?
Launching is a complex multi-level process in which practically all saw life support systems are involved. That is why the fact that the chainsaw is losing momentum turns on intermittently and feels confident only at idle should be considered from different angles.
Stihl 180 Bad Gains Turnover
The following factors could lead to this:
- A faulty motor — its motor resource could be exhausted, and the piston rings and cylinder could wear out, deform, or even succumb to corrosion;
- A failed spark plug or the coil itself. As a result of this, the spark necessary for igniting the air-fuel mixture does not form;
- Imbalance of carburetor screws, as well as a number of reasons that could disable it.
The chainsaw does not develop speed: we test the device for malfunctions
The ignition module can be diagnosed visually for malfunctions. To do this, you need:
- Turn out the candle;
- Evaluate its appearance (it should not be filled with gasoline or contain a black coating);
- Check the distance between the coil and magnets (up to 0.2 mm);
- If necessary, examine the spark plug unit for spark supply using a working mains cable.
If, after checking the defects, it was not found, it is worth going to the inspection of the carburetor block.
This work unit is one of the most vulnerable in modern chainsaws. New tools that go on sale from the factory have basic settings. For low and high revs, which must be reinstalled after running in and running in all the parts. Similar actions are performed if the saw does not develop a thrust corresponding to the maximum torque according to the instructions.
In this case, one of them needs to be reconfigured. “N” jet, responsible operation of the saw under load. To do this, it is enough to adjust the fuel supply with the engine turned on at the highest speed of rotation of the chain, using the tachometer and operating instructions.
Other chainsaw malfunctions
A lot of users are in trouble when a chainsaw does not take off. In a matter of seconds, the device reaches its maximum power, which cannot be reduced.
This may be due to the fact that:
- The throttle does not work. Its spring or thrust element has weakened;
- The toggle switch is poorly switched;
- Throttle shaft lost a corkscrew.
But there may be a reverse situation. When the saw is gaining power uncontrollably. The reasons why the chainsaw itself is gaining momentum should be sought in:
- Carburetor. It must be cleaned or reconfigured;
- Fuel supply system. Gas filter, fuel hose;
- Malfunctions of piston or nozzles connecting them to the carburetor.
There are a lot of failures that manifest themselves through revolutions that are atypical for a specific part of the working cycle. But a careful attitude to the tool will help to diagnose them in time and return it to normal operation.