Stihl Chainsaw Serial Number Check
Description of the Stihl 180 ms chainsaw. Engine, purpose
The Stihl 180 ms chainsaw is a German-made chain saw. The tool runs on a two-stroke gasoline engine. The purpose of the Stihl 180 chain saw is household. The saw can be used for simple loads, for example, in the construction of structures, when cutting logs, the characteristics of the Stihl ms 180 tool allow you to work with the saw from the network, if you have a stable voltage source, the saw can be operated up to 2.5 hours without shutting down.
The basic model of 180 ms is also available in an improved version. A chain saw Stihl 180 ms c-be. A similarly marked saw has a simplified starting system. Mark MS C-be means that the saw is equipped with electronics for more efficient operation.
Stihl 180 ms chainsaws are used for such types of work:
- Firewood sawing, construction of wooden structures;
- Preparing logs for cutting, removing bark;
- Furniture manufacture;
- Pruning of dry branches in a summer cottage, pruning of bushes and dried trees;
- Work with chipboard, OSB-plates, composite material;
- Stihl ms 180 is for wood and wood-based materials only.
Chainsaw Stihl 180 ms
Germany is a country of assembly and production of all original Stihl ms 180 chainsaws. A fake is easy to identify at a lower price. A Chinese or Polish copy of the Stihl ms 180 will cost two to three times cheaper than the original, while the build quality of such saws, of course, differs from the German one. Lighter and cheaper plastic may also be present.
The Stihl MS 180 branded saw in retail costs about 4.5-5 thousand hryvnias. The original product is always sold with a passport. The passport contains the serial number of the instrument and the engine series.
The complete set of Stihl ms 180 chainsaw includes:
- Semi-assembled chainsaw;
- Fuel tank;
- Chain, sprocket, tire;
- Chain brake;
- Instruction manual for the product.
The instructions also indicate the types of lubricant suitable for the Stihl ms 180 chainsaw. As an additional accessory, the manufacturer suggests purchasing:
- Oil filling system;
- A fueling system that makes filling gasoline safe;
- Control patterns, filing;
- A holder with which the owner can sharpen chain links with his own hands.
Technical characteristics of the Stihl 180 ms chainsaw
Characteristics of the chainsaw Stihl 180 ms:
- Power is 1500 W;
- 31.8 cc engine cm;
- Idle speed. 2800;
- Maximum speed. 9000;
- Tire 35 cm;
- Stihl Oilomatic Picco Micro 3 chain;
- Fuel tank for 250 ml of gasoline;
- Chain pitch 3/8;
- Noise level during operation 110 dB.
Stihl 180 chainsaw passport is the most important document containing all the technical characteristics of the tool. It indicates how to properly distribute gasoline for the Stihl 180 chainsaw, how to run in, how to perform maintenance.
The actual question is how many links are in the chain for the Stihl 180 chainsaw. Usually the number of links in the original Stihl branded chain is 50, but if you use chains from a different manufacturer, the number of links may be different, because the chain pitch is important, that is, the distance between the links, not their number.
The basic rules for using the chainsaw and maintaining Stihl 180 ms in working condition:
- Assemble the saw, you need to use the tools from the kit, after assembly, run in;
- Running-in duration not less than 5 working hours;
- Troubleshoot complex problems in the service center while sawing under warranty;
- Do not disassemble the chainsaw yourself;
- It is necessary to work in protective equipment. Glasses, a mask, mittens, headphones;
- Do not use a chainsaw as an angle grinder. The tool is intended only for working with wood, they cannot cut metal!
- The maximum operating time of the chainsaw without turning off is 120 minutes;
- To refuel the chainsaw, always choose high-quality oil and gasoline;
- Disassembling the saw at home, as well as adjusting the carburetor, can not be done if you saw under warranty;
- Stihl ms 180 chainsaw oil should be selected from those recommended by the manufacturer, if the instructions do not indicate the exact brand of oil, use only original oils and greases;
- What kind of gasoline to pour into the Stihl 180 chainsaw is a question for beginners, users with experience know that the recommended type of gasoline is AI-92;
- You can only adjust the carburetor after 12 months of warranty;
- Replacement and maintenance of candles. On demand, as wear and tear, the appearance of soot;
- Filter cleaning frequency. Once a month or less, based on the frequency of operation of the chainsaw;
- Watch the chain tension; for proper tension, use the adjustment nozzle on the side panel of the chainsaw;
- Stihl 180 chainsaw chain lubrication is a regular process; follow this procedure before each operation.
Stihl Chainsaw Serial Number Check
To adjust the carburetor in the chainsaw:
- Start the saw, turn the adjusting screw for high and low revolutions to the stop. Turn it back one and a half turns.
- Warm up the saw for 5-10 minutes. Set idle screw.
- With the right settings, the circuit will not move on the bus at idle. Check saw operation for acceleration.
Chainsaw Stihl 180 ms
The sawmill is a structure in which a longitudinal cut of wood, beams, boards and other wooden objects is performed. You can create a sawmill yourself, using a chainsaw as a basis. Next, watch the about the Stihl 180 ms chainsaw:
To construct a sawmill, the owner used the following materials:
- Metal corners;
- Metal pipes;
- Metal plates;
- Steel fasteners (nuts, bolts).
In order for the sawmill to function technically correctly, lifts are needed. They are used to adjust the height of the board. Their number is at least three (for the height of the board 45 mm, 35 mm and 25 mm). It is difficult to say exactly how much material is needed to make a sawmill, this amount directly depends on the size of the structure.
Useful about a sawmill made from a chainsaw:
Sawmill is a complex structure, more designed for professionals who are developing the business of manufacturing wooden furniture, boards, blanks. Such a structure is not useful if the amount of work with the tree is small. For domestic work, you can use such an auxiliary accessory as the nozzle “angle grinder” on a Stihl 180 chainsaw.
Faults and problem solving
What are the malfunctions in the Stihl ms 180 chainsaw and how to most effectively eliminate them?
- Chainsaw refuses to start.
Cause: The chainsaw may stall for several reasons, the first. The fuel ran out in the tank, the second. Low-quality fuel, an excessive amount of gasoline is present, and the third. The ignition system is malfunctioning.
Trouble-shooting: cleaning the filters, checking the quality of the fuel mixture, checking the lubrication level, testing the ignition and, if necessary, fixing it at a service center.
- Deteriorated cut quality.
Why is the quality of sawing reduced and what is the reason? The main one is a dumb chain. If the chain is dull, it is either sharpened or changed.
- Stihl 180 chainsaw does not start, fills the candle. In the event of such a malfunction, pay attention to the composition of the fuel mixture; a mixture that is too rich in gasoline can lead to this effect.
- The Stihl 180 chainsaw does not develop momentum. The reasons for this condition can be commonplace. Poor fuel quality, clogged fuel filter, muffler, as well as carburetor depressurization. You can adjust the carburetor of the Stihl 180 chainsaw with your own hands, but experience shows that it is better to entrust such works to the masters. Another reason why the Stihl chainsaw does not develop momentum is the nozzle blockage.
- The Stihl 180 chainsaw stalls at idle. Often there is such a malfunction, the reasons for which are the need to adjust the ignition system, defects in the parts of the piston group.
How to adjust the Stihl 180 chainsaw?
It is enough to monitor the chain tension and the constant supply of lubricant to the chain. The latest generation saws themselves can adjust the speed due to the electronics in the control system.
about disassembling and assembling a Stihl 180 chainsaw
How to start a Stihl 180 ms chainsaw correctly:
on how to disassemble a Stihl ms 180 chainsaw for repairs:
Advanced modification ms 180. Stihl ms 180 c be chainsaw
Stihl 80 ms chainsaw reviews
“I can say that the chainsaw is good! It was acquired in 2015. Serious failures did not happen. Due to the fact that he often used it, a candle has already been replaced several times. And I can note that this compact chainsaw is capable of performing large-scale work, despite its modest parameters and dimensions, its power corresponds to some professional saws.
Advantages: when the season of harvesting firewood is in progress, it cuts for 3-5 hours, its weight is small, its assembly is excellent and all details are very high quality. It is convenient to work with such a saw, the handles do not slip in the hands. Running a Stihl ms 180 chainsaw is as easy as double two! Followed by instructions. 5 working hours.
Disadvantages: if you need to constantly saw something, then take Stihl from the professional series, more powerful. This chainsaw even in the instructions marked as a tool for periodic use. “
Also on the pages of our blog you can read articles about: