Stihl Gasoline Trimmer Does Not Start
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could have been avoided. But since this happened the gas trimmer does not start, then we must look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will consider the main reasons why the trimmer does not start with the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as describe general recommendations for the operation of such a tool.
Start with the banal! We will figure out how to properly start a gas trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trimmer bar to position “I”. This means turning on the power.
Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the “suction” button of fuel (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel supply lever to its original position. Finally, pull the starter handle toward you sharply. The trimmer should work. Try several times if the first time fails. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gas trimmer does not start, then you should first examine it yourself before leading to the service center. There are two main reasons why a garden trimmer will not start:
- Violation of the power circuit.
- There is no fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. It is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of security measures, make sure that the trimmer is turned off. We bring the above toggle switch to the “STOP” position.
- Then remove the rubber protection from the plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special candle key, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the procedure for trimming the trimmer described above.
The second reason the garden tool doesn’t work is because the fuel has run out. On the Elinech T750, a fuel tank is located near the motor, but on most trimmers it is there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal option is the AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special engine oil to the tank, just 50 grams per gas tank is enough, without it the motor will begin to “sneeze” and will quickly become worthless. After we close the tank with a cap, wipe the surface of the trimmer and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the gas trimmer does not start as before, then it makes sense to return it for repair. And the reason for this decision is simple. If you do not have the appropriate skills, repairing the equipment is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and there are no such malfunctions, you should, first of all, familiarize yourself with the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the operating time of the engine at the trimmer. Take a short break every 15 minutes of operation and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate it with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gas trimmer will not start.
36,273 total views, 14 views today
A spit that has a gasoline drive is a useful thing for owners of personal plots, lawns, and when the trimmer suddenly stalls, the work to clean the area from grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdowns. The most common problems are contained in the instruction manual. To know the reasons why the trimmer stalls, you should be able to effectively repair the device yourself.
What could break
Problems with the lawn mowing due to the fact that this device does not start are classified in a certain way by service technicians. They highlight malfunctions with the following nodes of the mechanism:
- An engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- Fuel supply system, while it is possible clogging the filter or problems with the carburetor;
- Mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- Ignition circuit.
When you press the gas
If the lawn mowing stops when you press the gas, then the reasons may be as follows.
- The most common option is carb adjustment failure, which occurs with significant loads on the drive, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Fuel valve clogging, which eliminate it by relaxation, as a result of which gasoline starts to flow normally through the system.
- Loosening and drooping of the cable in the carburetor. May also occur fuel hose extension up to its rupture caused by the action of a significant load.
- Clogged breather (check valve), as a result of which fuel does not enter the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor assembly, then it can be recognized by the appearance of vibrations of the lawn mowers.. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched, these components are replaced.
At high speeds
When the braid stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- Clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cover;
- The carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising from the operation of the mechanism;
- Problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- Air leaks;
- Fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Carburetor adjust, Based on the operating instructions for the trimmer. To adjust, it is often enough to loosen the tightening of its body. If there are problematic moments with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
At idle, common causes of trimmer stopping are the following:
- Contamination, misregistration or improperly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- Clogged air filter;
Replacing the Lawn Mowers Air Filter
Trimmer air filter
- Reducing the speed of the gearbox when it is heated, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- Throttle clogging;
- Air entering the system;
- Not enough fuel for lawn mowing.
Right after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after start-up, if the carburettor is misregulated or has been incorrectly configured, this causes uneven fuel supply. The result of this is that the device begins to vibrate distinctly. To troubleshoot, the carburetor is reconfigured according to the instructions for the mechanism.
Also the engine stops when it happens valve clogging, supplying fuel. In such cases, it is simple enough to clean it. If the lawn mower first worked, but then immediately died out, then perhaps the fuel enters the carburetor assembly with some difficulty. The easing of the valve helps to solve the problem, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
A stop can also be called. Air suction in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) producing fuel. In this case, add revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
Lawn mowing often stops when heated. At the same time, it starts, works “jerkily” and gradually stops. This process occurs when gas in the carburetor boils or a shutter in it is installed rotary, and not disk type. In the latter case, the item is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if ignition wire damaged either a coil. In order for the device to start working normally, replace parts.
When opening the choke
It happens that the unit stalls when the air damper is opened, normally idling. This is due to air leaks in the system caused by the presence of fuel hose cracks or problems with oil seals. Also, the carburetor dosing system may malfunction, while the lawn mowing will stop after opening the damper.
Carburetor fuel hose
All possible reasons that the lawn mower stalls, and methods for their elimination are contained in the next
There are many reasons for stopping the lawn mowing, but the most common problems in operation are related to its carburetor. They can occur in any cases. The most problematic option is when a serious breakdown occurs, and you will need to purchase new parts or change the lawn mower.