Stihl Lawn Mower Will Not Start
The lawn mower will not start, or starts but stalls The lawn mower will not start, or starts but stalls. What is the reason?
The lawn mower will not start, the spark is gone
The loss of a spark entails checking the contacts and the correctness of the gap between them, the conducting wires to the candle and the candle itself.
The way to check the spark is to unscrew the candle, connect the wire to it, put the candle sideways to the motor casing and pull the starter several times as if starting the lawn mower, while looking at the coal and the contact of the candle, a spark should run between them.
If there is no spark, take a new candle, follow the same procedure, if the spark cannot be traced, then there is a problem in the wire or contacts, it is better to replace them.
The lawn mower will not start, or will start but stalls. What is the reason?
To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It also happens that, just bought, a new saw does not start, and it starts running around the service centers, in such cases it is recommended:
- Carefully read the instruction manual;
- To study in detail the method of first starting and running in lawn mowers;
- Try to understand how the product works;
- How gasoline is pumped up and so on.
Causes of malfunctioning lawn mowers:
- The quality of gasoline is poor;
- Incorrect proportion of gasoline and oil;
- Clogging of the fine filter;
- The spark was gone.
The lawn mower starts and stalls. What to do?
1. There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the mower will not start, in such cases you should check the air inlet valve to the fuel tank. A clogged valve leads to the creation of a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor does not receive enough gasoline, so the lawn mower will start, but then stall. To exclude this reason, you need to clean the valve and try to start the lawn mower with the tank cap not completely twisted.
2. If this does not start the mower, remove and clean the fuel filter and check all carburetor parts, then try starting. The lawn mower will not start again, the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the mower starts up, the reason is in the air filter, replace it.
- For many owners, a question regarding correct idle after emptying fuel from petrol tanks. According to experts, you shouldn’t worry too much about this. However, if you have to deal with a similar problem often, then it is enough to manipulate the carburetor by reducing the engine speed in order to restore the normal operation of the tool.
- In some cases, the owner may need to clean the muffler, as this part may be the cause of the malfunction. This operation is quite simple. It must be remembered that many owners are faced with problematic chainsaw operation. Due to faulty carburetor.
- Although in some cases it can be quite simple to fix the malfunction, it is preferable if specialists will repair this equipment. After all, not each of us has the necessary knowledge and skills, and this is fraught with the fact that during self-elimination of a malfunction there is a risk of completely disabling the tool.
Defective spark plug: troubleshooting methods
- Sometimes during the check it is possible to find out that the problem lies in a faulty spark plug. In this case it is removed, then allowed to dry. Some owners may try to ignite it, but this should not be done, because otherwise this element will be damaged and after that it will only be necessary to throw it out. During troubleshooting, you will have to remove excess fuel by draining it through a special hole.
- You also need to keep in mind that the drying time should be at least half an hour. After completing a similar operation, you can return it to its place, and then test it in action.
- In some cases, the candle may fail due to develop your resource. Usually, when this is confirmed, the only option is to find a replacement for it. In this case, it does not hurt to have a spare candle, or even better, when you have a whole set of such elements at hand. In this case, you can always put a new plug instead of the existing one and make sure if the broken plug is the cause of the breakdown.
- At the same time, the inability to start the chainsaw can be caused by poor contact, provided by the high voltage wire and the end of the candle. The problem with starting the chainsaw may be due to the failure of the ignition unit. In such situations, the only solution to the problem is to replace the faulty unit, since it is not repairable.
Saw won’t start: reasons and solutions
- Speaking of the saw 180, it must be said that this tool has many advantages. At the same time, this unit is not without its drawbacks. Attention will be paid to them.
- It is a common situation that many owners find themselves in when the Stihl chainsaw does not start and floods a candle. This is usually attributed to the formation of a leak in the oil used to lubricate the chain. The same happens for the reason that over time, the area where the hose of the oil pump and the oil tank is joined loses its former tightness.
- In principle, this problem is solvable, however, in order to do everything correctly, you need to take into account the design of the chainsaw in question. By itself, this process provides for certain nuances, first of all, it is necessary to disassemble the unit, and without this it will be impossible to get to the required place.
- For many owners of this saw, the question is, why does the Stihl 180 chainsaw not start? Experts give the following recommendation on this matter: the first thing to do for those who have encountered a similar problem is to open and then close the lid located on the gas tank. There is another solution. You need to remove the candle and let it dry. You can also create the effect of artificial ventilation for the combustion chamber. Most often, these recommendations are enough to bring the device back to working condition. However, this does not always help to restore the operation of the Stihl chainsaw.
- If there is a spark, but attempts to start the chainsaw do not lead to anything, then in this case you need check petrol supply, air filter, and then make sure the spark plug is working. Such manipulations must be done for the reason that most often such malfunctions are caused by contamination of the breather. And if a plug forms in it, then, naturally, a vacuum environment will be created in the gas tank, because of which the fuel will not flow. A similar problem can be solved quite simply, for which it is enough to remove the dirt using a needle.
- Some owners face this problem when the saw itself starts, but immediately starts to stall. Look for the cause of the saw not starting in the carburetor. Most likely, he managed to clog up and therefore does not allow the tool to work correctly.
- To make sure that the breather is not the cause of the malfunction, and it is in working order, you must first disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor, and then find out if there is a fuel leak.
- Keep in mind that it is natural for a properly functioning chainsaw to have dense and stable stream of gasoline. In addition, it is often possible to observe a situation when the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not start hot and immediately stalls at the same moment or after a while. Usually a similar malfunction is associated with a muffler. Most likely, it has accumulated a lot of deposits associated with long-term use of the tool, which is usually accompanied by the formation of exhaust.
- At the same time, the saw may stop starting if the tool chain is poorly lubricated. This can be facilitated by channels with a plug, or the reason should be sought in an oil pipe that has a leak.
- A serious problem can be leaks in the connecting pipes or at the installation site of the oil pump fittings.
- There are cases when the Stihl 180 chainsaw begins to stall due to a failed cylinder. To make sure whether this is really so, it is enough to conduct an inspection. If, as a result of the examination, you find irregularities and chips, then this is a clear sign of breakage.
Defective crankshaft bearings
With a defect in the crankshaft bearings, a slight backlash is observed on it. You can check for backlash by shaking the flywheel of the Stihl 180 chainsaw from side to side. If there is a backlash, it means that under the action of its magnets, the flywheel is attracted to the contacts of the ignition coil, since the backlash on the bearings allows it to do this and as a result the spark disappears.
For what reasons the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw will not start
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw is considered one of the most reliable tools used in gardening. But with any technique, there are situations when for some reason it does not start. Let’s take a look at the main problems due to which the Stihl 180 will not start or start poorly, and how to fix these problems.
Shtil chainsaw won’t start: reasons and solutions
First of all, it is worth noting the fact that the chainsaw 180 of this manufacturer is one of his best “creations”, but it also has its drawbacks. Actually, about which we will now talk.
- A fairly common problem is that the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not start and floods a candle. The reason for this is that the oil that is used to lubricate the chain starts to leak. Since time is merciless and simply breaks the tightness exactly in the place where the hose from the oil pump and the oil tank is actually connected. Naturally, this problem can be solved, but, given the design of this chainsaw, it will not be so easy to do this, since you simply have to completely disassemble the device in order, as they say, to get to the right place. It can be seen more clearly: https: //www.Youtube.com/watch? V = UOsYJBOVuwg
- Many are worried about this question: why does the Stihl 180 chainsaw not start? If you believe the experts, then in such a situation, you first need to open, and then close the lid that is on the gas tank. Or get out and dry the candle. Or try to ventilate the combustion chamber. In most cases, this kind of manipulation is enough to make the device work. But there are times when the Stihl chainsaw does not start, but there is a spark….
- In the above case, you need to make a direct checking the gas supply, air filter and the direct performance of the candle. Since the basis of this kind of breakdown is the breather, namely its pollution. Because when it is completely clogged, a kind of vacuum arises in the gas tank itself, which simply interferes with the fuel supply process. This issue is not difficult to solve, since all you need to do is clean it using a needle.
- There are also situations when the device, in principle started up, but immediately died out.
In order to exclude the saloon from damaged objects, it is necessary first of all to disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor itself and actually check if fuel is leaking from it.
- You must remember that in the process of using your chainsaw correctly gasoline should flow out in a dense and stable stream. Also, it is not uncommon for the Stihl 180 chainsaw to not start up hot and actually stall after switching on or holds power for a rather short time. In this case, the problem of breakdown lies precisely in the muffler, which can be simply clogged with any deposits that arise through the operation of the device , and which settle during the exhaust process.
- Also, a fairly common cause of tool malfunction is insufficient lubrication of the device chain itself. The reason for this may be the channels that are simply clogged, or the reason is in the oil line that is leaking.
- Connecting pipes or the connections themselves in the area of the oil pump fittings can also leak.
- It happens that the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not start well due to cylinder that can be broken. But to determine its condition, a visual inspection is enough. But if even there you find the formation of irregularities and chips, then you can be sure that you have found the cause of the breakdown.
- If through verification you find that malfunction in the candle, then you simply need to turn it out, and then dry it directly. But it is worth noting that in no case should you pierce it, since you will simply spoil the part, and it will be unusable. You also need to drain excess fuel from it through a special hole.
Over, it may be that the expiration date of your candle has simply passed, in which case it is necessary to replace it. Therefore, it is a great advice that it is best to always have a new candle in stock or, best of all, a set. Then you can replace it at any time and actually understand whether it was the direct cause of the device breakdown. Over, a weak contact can also be the cause of a breakdown, which actually connects the high-voltage wire and the end of the candle. Also, the cause may be a breakdown of the ignition unit. It is worth noting the fact that in order to eliminate this kind of problem, it is necessary to replace the unit itself, since it cannot be repaired.
- Equally important is the concern of the owners of this model regarding systematic idling after the actual gasoline first tanks are empty. But if experts in this field are to be believed, they argue that this kind of situation does not pose any problem. But still, if this kind of process is repeated quite often, then you need to simply reduce the engine speed by using the carburetor screw.
- In addition, you can personally produce cleaning the muffler itself, since the cause of the malfunction may be in it. This manipulation is not difficult. A fairly common phenomenon of poor-quality tool operation is the carburetor.
This model is the pride of the German manufacturer and is a direct tool intended for a minor level of work. It can be used no more than twenty hours a month. This excellent device will easily help you cope with the care of your garden, prepare firewood for the winter period of time (see how to cut a tree), make cleared areas, and will also be an indispensable assistant in other areas, let’s say, simple manipulations.
We can say that these are a mini-model of chainsaws, since it has a small weighing about 3.9 kg, it does not have a large mass of both oil and fuel tanks. The manufacturer has equipped this device with a two-stroke engine with ample power for light work.
Over, it is quite quiet since during operation the noise level does not exceed 98 dB. So to better understand the level of loudness itself, just compare its noise with spoken speech, which has an indicator of 76 dB.
The power of this model is equal to 2.6 W. It’s worth noting that this is a fairly significant level of strength, given that it is not a professional chainsaw. The oil tank has a volume of only 0.145 liters, and the fuel tank. 0.25 liters. The tire has a dimension of 350 mm and a pitch of 0.325 inches.