Stihl Lawn Mowers Carburetor Adjustment
How to properly adjust a Chinese-made saw. Adjusting instructions
To properly configure the carburetor of a Chinese chainsaw, you must first remember the factory settings of the device, then turn on the engine. Subsequently, you will have to leave it to work for several hours in order to accurately set your own parameters. Sometimes work is performed once after a ten-minute operation of the engine, however, many Chinese-made models require special handling.
- Activities start in idle mode. With the help of the adjusting screws, you need to achieve a systematic set of revolutions by the engine, so you should first let it run at low speeds. The deviation from the norm is the movement of the chain along the tire. In this case, you need to adjust the extreme screws to the optimal position so that the chain remains stationary.
- Transition to average speed is in progress. Sometimes the engine will smoke. This defect can be eliminated by tightening the screw to supply a leaner fuel mixture.
Before buying, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the rating of chainsaws for reliability and quality.
Take a look at:
What you need to have to set up and adjust a chainsaw with your own hands
Every carburetor owner should have the necessary tools to adjust this system. There are three adjusting screws located on the body of the device. They have their own markings:
- L. Screw for low speed correction.
- H. Screw for adjusting high speed.
- T. Regulates the idle speed, in most cases it is used for experiments.
Before adjusting the carburetor, you need to prepare the device:
- The engine warms up, that is, it starts about 10 minutes before repairs, and turns off when you start work (see how to start a chainsaw).
- The air filter is checked and washed.
- The chain is stopped by turning the screw T as far as it will go (see chain oil).
To carry out a safe repair, you need to prepare a flat surface where you can carefully position the device, and turn the chain in the opposite direction. We need a tachometer. It determines the presence of a malfunction in the carburetor. When the screws are turning, the sound should be perfect and absolutely even. If squealing notes are noticed, then the mixture is oversaturated.
How to adjust the maximum RPM
To limit this value, you need to use a screw marked H. To increase the number of revolutions, turn it clockwise, and to decrease them in the opposite direction. The maximum frequency should not exceed 15000 rpm.
If you make this figure higher, the engine of the device will work for wear, which will lead to problems in the ignition system. When turning this screw, the ignition processes of the device must be taken into account. If the slightest glitches appear, then the maximum speed value must be reduced.
Checking acceleration work
A little research needs to be done. Device acceleration is initiated. The serviceability of the engine should be assessed during the maximum revolutions. When the engine is functioning properly it means when you press the accelerator, the speed quickly increases to 15,000 rpm.
How to properly adjust a factory saw
Carburetor adjustment is divided into two main steps. The first is called basic. It is performed with the engine running. The second is performed when the engine is warm.
Dismantling the carburetor when it is necessary to check or repair components
The device of different models of carburetors is almost the same, so when working with them, you can use the standard scheme. All elements must be removed carefully, and then lay out in the order below, so that you can successfully place items in place at the end of the repair work.
- The top cover is removed. To do this, unscrew the 3 bolts holding it in a circle.
- The foam is also removable, as it is the upper part of the air-conducting filter.
- The fuel hose is removed.
- The drive thrust is output directly to it.
- The cable end is detached.
- The petrol hose can be completely removed by systematically pulling it off the fitting.
To finally prepare the carburetor for overhaul or replacement of the smallest parts, you need to carefully disconnect it from the main system. Sometimes further disassembly is required. Unscrew the components carefully and fold the fasteners in groups, as these small parts are easily lost.
# spoiler # end_spoiler