Support wheels for cultivator with your own hands
How to install the running gear on the cultivator with your own hands
Let’s look at how to make wheels for a power tiller. Folk craftsmen offer the following self-made wheels:
- For impassable terrain (swampy area, snowy ground) iron grousers are suitable. You can use automotive, all-terrain and snowmobile products. Winter version on a single-axle tractor Neva will allow you to use the unit for transportation of snow, cleaning from the snow cover of the dacha area, transportation of goods to different distances.
- The optimal variant of modification is considered Zhigul wheels on a single-axle tractor. They have a sufficient diameter of discs, and the remaking is carried out with a welding machine, which is easy to use. All the more so that Zhiguli tires are better suited than pneumatic wheels for the motoblock. The latter are quite difficult to find on a model that has been discontinued at the factory, and to order new ones over the Internet is expensive and impractical.
- You can also assemble the products yourself from several discs, creating a new modification with weights.
- You can put the wheels for the motor-block Neva, which are large in size, excellent cross-country ability, high service life.
Chassis from Zhiguli has a number of advantages:
- Does not change under the influence of the work performed, so it can be used for a long time and almost constantly.
- On the inside there is a half axle for better maneuverability. This part should be welded to the plate, in which holes for bolts should be made. They are needed to connect the axle to the guides, which are installed on the products.
- On the outside there is a special protective cap.
- A good grip is ensured by winter tires. You can use only tires from VAZ 2121 without cameras.
These large wheels on a single axle tractor with their own hands are not difficult to install, and if necessary, they can be removed and attached to a rover or small tractor, which is often used in agriculture by farmers. To improve the ride of the machine, it is necessary to install weights or counterweights on its undercarriage. This significantly increases traction on the ground.
Wheel Hoe garden cultivator from Valley Oak Tools
For work on difficult soils, it is necessary to choose products that ensure stability of the cultivator and its high performance.
Grit hooks, which are a special type of construction, with maximum traction with the soil, will help. This is achieved by installing spikes, which are deeply embedded in the soil. Such products are made by yourself. The undercarriage of a Lada or Neva can be taken as the basis.
The process of alteration is carried out in several stages:
- Fix half axle.
- Remove the tires, because you don’t need rubber for the hooks.
- Weld on the metal studs, which are responsible for the grip on the ground. They are installed in the form of slats, which are welded on the diagonal, or in the form of spikes, arranged in several rows. The distance between the hooks should not be less than 15 cm.
- To attach the structure to the rim with bolts.
- Change the wheels, for which you need to unscrew the mounts.
To make the grousers for a single-axle tractor, you need such parts as:
- old wheels from the car, even without rubber;
- Angle of steel, of which it is necessary to make teeth-hooks;
- Steel thick squares;
- Metal or traction wheels are best suited for the creation of the ground wheels.
If there is a need to use not only a cultivator with an improved running gear, but also a mini-tractor at the dacha, it is necessary to create a special frame. For this purpose, larger products are installed on the motocultivator, as well as a support wheel for the motoblock. At home, you can create an economical version of a small all-terrain vehicle, which will stand products from the car VAZ or a pair of twin Zhiguli products with grousers. Such a machine will be easy to drive off-road, work in the field, in swamps. At the same time, the undercarriage of motoblocks-vehicles should be equipped not only with large wide products, but also with special fairings. The frame of the machine should be raised so that it is convenient to ride on the cultivator. That’s why it is worth installing large wheels.
How to choose and install wheels for a cultivator?
Cultivator is the “main helper” for farmers and amateur gardeners on land plots. This machine’s maneuverability and passability depends on the quality and correct mounting of the wheels. Selecting and changing the transport elements on the cultivator is not difficult. The main thing is to take into account the peculiarities of their types.
The tilling depth and how to set it
The tilling depth has to be at least 20 cm. It is not difficult to set it up. To do this, the unit rolls out to the place of upcoming works, where the test run is made. A cord is stretched along the approximate first furrow. It is advisable to immediately turn the handle to the left in order to drive on surfaces which have not yet been ploughed. Passing to the opposite end of the plot is done at minimum speed. This will allow you to check the correctness of the swivel and make the necessary adjustments.
The right-hand hitch should be placed in a fresh furrow and driven slowly forward. After the first pass, the device rotates 180° and moves in the opposite direction. In so doing measure the depth of the furrow made. If it is unsatisfactory, adjust the inventory with the bolts of the fixing bracket. Make sure that the right hitch does not leave the furrow limits and that the equipment leg is positioned perpendicular to the soil surface.
Which wheels for a cultivator do you need?
Very often in agriculture, there are serious problems in moving machinery. Cultivator wheels make it easy to get the machine to any spot in the garden. Today’s market offers a huge selection of wheels. However, it is possible to make them by your own hands without spending a lot of money.
The elements, equipped with a grouser, are best mounted on a single-axle tractor with at least 6 liters of power. с. A motor with such a parameter will not succumb to excessive loads and overheat.
To work on such wheels will require the preparation of certain materials:
With everything you need on hand, you can get to work. First weld the steel plates to the wheels. The edges of the latter should be securely fastened to the rim. Cut the corner into pieces in the shape of tines and weld them to the rim. In this case, the distance between the plates and teeth must be at least 15 cm. At the end, it is necessary to install rubber tires on the rims and fasten the wheels to the axle of the power tiller.
The ground elements, equipped with tines, not only allow the crabapple to move, but also clean the ground on the plot from weeds. Do not forget to clean the elements from time to time from vegetation, otherwise the single-axle tractor will slip in the ground.
How to Make Twin Wheels by Yourself?
Of particular interest to farmers has won a simple and even a little crude, but effective method:
- Then it is advisable to cut small treads on them;
- The next step is that people buy a strip of 5x50mm steel, weld squares with a side of 250mm and insert them into the rim;
It is not difficult to get such useful tools, the main thing is to decide what options are needed and pick up all the necessary “ingredients”.
How to make a disc coulter for power tiller with his own hands
The optimal solution in the conditions of Russian reality. is to buy a power tiller. There is such a wide range of power tillers on the market now that one might get lost in choosing the right tool. The disc coulter is one of the most practical and easy to use.
But there is still a disadvantage. it is expensive compared to other types. Therefore, it is easier to make a disc mower for the tiller with your own hands.
Design of the disc coulter
The manual rocker, is assembled with only one branch, so that one person can work. It consists of four elements:
Turnbuckles are used to adjust the rotation of discs along the vertical axis. But you can’t adjust the angle forward. For more convenient work, it is necessary to set the discs so that the width of the track of the wheels is equal to the distance between the lower points, which, in turn, should be equal to the width of the row spacing. This is easy if the width between the shares can be adjusted.
The discs must be set absolutely symmetrically to prevent the share from being pulled to the side. Otherwise it will be very inconvenient to work. To attach the tool to your power tiller, use the hitch bracket without the ridge. The lever of assembled rocker arm is attached to the bracket with two bolts and a stopper. Insert the stopper inside the square tube and press it from the outside. Using two bolts, you need to turn the coupling bracket and set the leash along the longitudinal axis. Use the nuts to fix the position.
To increase traction of the power tiller, work with the tool bar in lower (first) gear. If the wheels are slipping and the power tiller has one gear, you need to mate the wheels for easy ploughing.
The disc coulter for the tiller is a very effective and handy tool when working with potatoes. This attachment allows you to work on large areas with far less effort than a conventional manual one
with the tool. As you have already seen, collecting such a unit with their own hands without any particular problems.
Interchangeable tools for cultivator
Cultivator for power tillers can be equipped with various attachments.
They are divided into several types:
- Tines. are used for tilling the ground and removing weeds at the same time. These attachments are of several designs. Chisel-shaped tools are designed for loosening soil to a depth of 15 cm. Universal arrow-shaped tines are used for full-face or inter-row plowing up to 14 cm depth. This type of auxiliary tools are good for crumbling soil and cutting weeds. The single-sided plow tines are designed exclusively for cutting large weeds;
Wheel extensions for power tillers
Axle extensions allow you to significantly expand the wheelbase of your power tiller. With them, the single-axle tractor will be more stable at any track width, and the balance is significantly increased. It is possible to add extra wheels on each side, which will increase the cross-country capability, or create it where it is almost impossible.
In addition, extensions also serve important functions such as:
- Performing difficult work and on difficult soils;
- The machinery equipped with extensions can be used on uneven terrain and in any type of terrain, including hilly, heavily rugged terrain, ravines, potholes, and so on;
- the single-axle tractor will not slip and fall over with heavy attachments, as is often the case with narrow wheels or without additional equipment extensions;
- The extensions greatly increase maneuverability and cross-country mobility;
- They are ideal for retrofitting single axle tractors with additional grousers, iron wheels and pneumatic tyres.
You’ll be interested in Kumho winter tires
making it with your own hands at home
Extension cords are absolutely realistic to make yourself at home.
- you need two tubes of equal length with a diameter of 2 mm or more the diameter of the axle of the power tiller;
- Each one has a thread for screwing into the axle of the power tiller;
- on the back sides of each of the pipes are made holes two millimeters thinner than the discs on the wheels, if necessary, the pipes can be filed;
- the wheels are then secured to the extensions with steel plates and bolted in place.