The mini-tractor from a power tiller agro with his own hands
A mini tractor from a power tiller with his own hands
In order to make a miniature tractor from a power tiller with your own hands, you will need:
- angle grinder;
- parts for mounting;
- channels and pipes;
- a device for drilling;
- an electric welder;
- measuring tools (angle, tape measure, caliper;)
- small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, hammer, etc. д.).
It is also necessary to buy a ready-made kit for converting a power tiller into a mini-tractor. This will be the main item of expenditure, but you should not save on this equipment, so as not to compromise the quality of the future product.
You still need to pick up comfortable and quality steering wheel, seat, wheels and pedals. When all the necessary components are picked up you can start drawing. Do not neglect this stage. with clear drawings and diagrams you will work much easier and faster. The photo below shows examples of the simplest drawings for an independent alteration of the motor-block into a mini-tractor.
A good homemade mini-tractor with an engine from a power tiller can be obtained only when the original unit has good power and productivity. Ideal for remodeling heavy diesel power tillers. They are quite economical, have a lot of weight, have considerable power, productive and hardy. All these parameters will allow you to make a fully-fledged mini-tractor from a walking tractor that can plow heavy soils and work for a long time without interruption.
The alteration process as a whole is carried out according to the same algorithm, with minor differences for different models. The general scheme of transforming a power tiller into a mini-tractor is as follows.
Preparing the frame
Since another pair of wheels will be needed for the mini-tractor, the frame structure will have to be improved and strengthened. For the manufacture of a new frame, metal profile or metal pipe are used. The thickness and size of the blanks should be selected based on individual preferences, taking into account the power of the future machine. Components of the future frame are cut out with an angle grinder and connected by welding. It is reasonable to strengthen it with a crossbar. Also take care of the attachment points for attachments and the towbar if you plan to use a trailer.
The front wheels are attached to a piece of pipe of suitable diameter. On it in turn are mounted ready wheel hubs with brake pads. In the center of the structure is made a hole through which it will be connected to the frame. Then the steering rods are mounted to the frame through a worm reducer. Finally the steering wheel can be fitted.
To mount the rear axle, bearings are pressed into the hub. The axle itself should be torqued by the pulley. The wheels can be left from the previous machine, you can pick up new ones, with more powerful tread and wider. It is recommended that the wheel diameter for the future mini-tractor should be 12 inches and larger.
Mounting the engine
It is advisable to mount the engine on the front beam of the frame. This improves the balance of the machine. It is important that the PTO should be parallel to the rear axle pulley. This protects the belt drive from wear.
When most of the work is done, install the braking system and the control system for the attachments. It is also helpful to install lighting fixtures.
After the tractor is completely assembled it must be run-in according to the requirements of the instruction manual for the power tiller.
Let us consider in detail how quickly and easily can be converted into a minitractor various models.
Instructions for making a machine
After deciding on a power tiller model, you can start its modernization. This instruction will be useful for owners of “Kentavr”, “Agro“, and “Zubr” machines.
Making the frame
This is the main element of the design of the minitractor and it is with its making that you should begin. Thanks to the lengthening of the frame, you can install an additional pair of wheels, seat and steering. To make the frame you need metal pipes, channel and angle. The section size of blanks is not of fundamental importance. The main thing is that the frame should not be deformed by the loads.
The weight of the whole machine will benefit you, because the grip with the ground will be improved. All the material must be cut according to the required dimensions and then welded from them a rectangular structure. To strengthen the joints, they can be bolted together again.
It is also advisable to mount the frame on a crossbeam to increase the rigidity of the whole structure. Then it remains to mount the suspension, the device for working with the attachments on the frame. If the mini-tractor is to be used to move loads, it is worth thinking about a towbar.
Fabrication of this piece of equipment should begin with the installation of the front wheels. This requires two hubs with brakes, which are fitted to a piece of metal tubing. Strictly centered on this axis, a through hole must be drilled. It is required for attaching it to the transverse front member of the frame.
The next step is to install a gearbox equipped with a worm gear. It must be connected via the steering rods to the front axle. After that you can proceed to mounting the steering column. The rear axle of the machine is mounted on bearings, precompressed in steel bushes. It is also fitted with a pulley to transmit the torque from the power pack to the wheels.
Mounting the motor
In most cases on homemade mini-tractors, the power unit is located at the front. special fasteners are welded to the frame. Frontal location of the engine allows to balance the attached equipment. Power to the wheels is transmitted by the belt system. To tension the belt properly, all fixing elements must be adjustable. Besides, when mounting the power unit, special attention should be paid to the pulleys, which should be aligned with each other.
When the power pack is mounted on the frame, there are only a few more steps to take. First of all the braking system is mounted and its reliability must be checked. After that, it is necessary to install the hydraulics to work with the attached equipment and fix the seat. To protect the engine and other mechanisms of the unit, it is worth making a casing from thin sheet metal. When the device is assembled, it should be run-in. If there are no problems, you can check its operation under load.
Minitractor from a power tiller Zubr
Such a tractor from a motoblock has a good power plant, working on diesel fuel. To get a quality design, you should pay attention to the following elements:
- Installing the hydraulic system, which will allow the use of attachments.
- The front beam is equipped with special or native wheels, which will ensure proper balance.
- The engine is installed on the frame in the front, which keeps the correct balance of the tractor.
To make the homemade machine as strong as possible, all its parts are connected by special fasteners and processed by welding.
Selection of a motor block
Choosing a single-axle tractor in the line “Neva” for the future miniature tractor, you should be guided by the following parameters: power, weight, type of engine, plow parameters, price aspects.
Power. It is determined by the area where the work will be done. The bigger it is, the more powerful the single-axle tractor must be. Here the best option is the Neva MB-23. Today, it is the leader in power among all representatives of this mowing line. Can also work on very hard soils. Produces traction force of 180 kGS. Can unlock one of the wheels. Improves maneuverability. It can be equipped with engines of different capacities. Their range today is very wide. Thanks to this every craftsman can find the right variant.
Typically, the Neva MB-23 is presented in such variations: 10.0 и 8.0.
Data of the first one: BriggsStratton engine, power 10 l, number of gears 4 (2), oil-filled spur gearbox, suitable gasoline AI-92 and AI-95, the parameter of processing 86. 127 cm, rotational speed of cutters from 20 to 160 (per minute), the level of processing 20 cm. Data of the second: the engine is the same, only with a parameter of 8 liters, all other indicators are identical. For “Neva MB-23” today you need to pay from 43 000 to 45 000 It depends on the purchased modification.
If you need a more modest unit, you can buy the “Neva MB-2. This is also a very productive machine, but with a less powerful engine. It has many modifications, such as 6,5 Pro and 7,5 Pro.
They are powered by the engine of the same brand. In one modification its power is 6.5 liters, in the second. 7.5 liters. Their similar characteristics: as a chain reducer transmission, suitable gasoline AI 95 and 92, the level of processing 20 cm, its width. 86-127, the speed of the mill from 20 to 160 (per minute), weight. 98 kg, the number of gears 4 (2). The distinctive features:. the functional volume, the model 6,5 it. 205 cubic meters.cc, in the 7.5 version it reaches 215 cc.The fuel tank is 3.8 liters in the first model and 4.6 liters in the second. Today the price of “Neva MB-2” lies in the range of 33000. 45000 Mass. The following rule applies here: the more difficult the excavation work, the higher the weight of the power tiller, and the reverse principle. When deciding between the petrol and diesel version, choose based on what’s important to you. If you need a quiet machine that quickly starts up in cold weather, then give preference to the petrol version. If you need a more economical machine with stronger traction and stable speed, buy the diesel version. Also this version works better on difficult terrain and large areas. Plow parameter. It depends on the depth of the upcoming processing. It is better to take a collapsible version, in which you can adjust the width. This is how you adjust the plow to the situation at hand
Preparing to create a homemade mini-tractor
To create a mini-tractor on the basis of a power tiller, you need to make a drawing, its kinematic diagram, as well as prepare materials, tools and equipment in advance. If you have the necessary knowledge and skills, then the development of the scheme of demonstration mechanism can deal with yourself. But if you do not have such skills, you can find a more suitable option on the network.
For a homemade mini-tractor parts and components, you can use a purchased factory kit. But such a decision can not be called the right one for those who intend to carry out a 4×4 and save money on this procedure.
- tool kit;
- equipment for welding works;
- drill with various drills;
- Tubes, channels, made of metal;
- nuts, bolts;
- angle grinder and disks for working with metal.
Attention! Buying a ready-made set of parts for remodeling. the main item of expenditure, saving on which should not be. Otherwise, the quality of the finished construction will leave much to be desired. Besides, for a homemade tractor you need to choose two wheels, linkage, driver’s seat, steering mechanism, pedals and a single-axle tractor with the right weight and power. Ideally, if it will be a machine of heavy class with a diesel engine. This provides a home-made but powerful mini-tractor that can effectively cope with agricultural tasks.
When choosing the weight of the new mini tractor, it is necessary to take into account the condition of the land on which it will be used. If it is compacted, dried out, the machine can not cope with its task. Consequently, the harder the soil, the heavier should the choice of a single-axle tractor. And the power of the engine must be correlated with the area of the plot, which will be cultivated by such a tractor. Therefore, the larger it is, the more productive the engine should be.
Converting a diesel tractor into a mini tractor
Every farmer knows that it is easier and more convenient to work the garden plots with a small tractor. And it is not a problem if you do not have enough money to buy one. it can be made by yourself from an inexpensive power tiller. All the more so, when there is an interest in technology, engineering skills, the right equipment and tools, to do it will not be difficult. The main thing is to understand the technical aspects, prepare for the transformation and correctly choose the single-axle tractor itself. Then you can start converting. By the way, the instructions of the power block may contain a drawing, which will help to understand how best to make a self-made.
A tractor from a power tiller. common conversion options
In each individual case of the motoblock conversion to a mini tractor, there are a number of features that must necessarily be taken into account when assembling a larger agricultural machine. Let’s consider these nuances on the example of using the most popular power tillers.
Hand Tractor Customer Pickup From Laguna City At Our Warehouse. Philippines
The remodeling of power tillers from the brand Zubr
Machines of this domestic brand are equipped with reliable diesel engines. To convert them into mini tractors, you’ll need hydraulics, which will allow you to use different attachments along with the farm machine, as well as brakes, steering and 2 extra wheels.
Assembly of a mini-tractor from Kentavr motor blocks
The power tillers of this brand belong to the category of professional equipment. The tractor with a power tiller of this brand will be quite powerful, passable and productive.
To manufacture a mini-tractor from such a power tiller one needs to weld a reinforced frame that will house the engine, the driver’s seat and an extra pair of wheels. The power of the engine is enough to make a crawler tractor from a crawler tractor. such a unit will be much more passable and stable on loose ground. If necessary it can be equipped with a trailer for the transportation of gardening tools and small-sized cargo.
Peculiarities of Agro power tillers modification
To assemble a mini-tractor from a crawler tractor of this brand, you need to do more extensive work. Besides welding of a robust frame, mounting of steering and installation of other necessary units, the half-axles of Agro power tillers need to be equipped with wheel reducers. In some cases, it can help to install the engine in the back of the design of the mini-tractor. this will give an opportunity to distribute the load on the frame more evenly.
Agro power tillers can not be used to make a mini-tractor with the wheel configuration of 4 x 4. To make a four-wheel drive unit it is necessary to have a more powerful and stable cattle tractor, initially equipped with a non-dismountable frame.
Tractor (mini-tractor) from a power tiller. making it with your own hands
Making a minitractor from a walking tractor is probably the easiest way to assemble a versatile small-sized agricultural machine that can be used both in the vegetable garden and in the yard. With the right approach to modifying a tractor the owner gets an opportunity to make a reliable and easy-to-use machine that will be almost as good as most of the market mini-tractors by its characteristics.
How to choose a crawler tractor. what to look for?
It should be noted at once that a single-axle tractor, which will be amenable to modification, must meet a number of mandatory requirements. Otherwise, a mini tractor with a power tiller engine will not be able to perform its direct functions.
Some of the most important criteria in choosing a power tiller include:
- a single-axle tractor must be powerful enough. in fact, the larger the area to be cultivated, the more powerful the unit must be;
- The type of fuel used for refueling. models that run on diesel fuel would be the best. In addition, the use of a diesel power tiller gives higher productivity and requires less fuel, compared to any gasoline unit. This allows a diesel unit to be used for plowing larger areas;
- Weight. a mini-tractor based on a power tiller must have a sufficiently large weight, making it more stable in loose soil and allowing it to plow the ground deeper. In this regard, it is better to assemble a mini-tractor on the basis of a heavy power tiller;
- Cost. converting a power tiller into a minitractor does not require an expensive agricultural machine at all. For the assembly is well suited inexpensive motor blocks of domestic production.
All of these parameters have a number of well-known power tillers produced by Neva, Agro, MTZ, Kentavr, Salyut, Oka, Zubr, Cascade, Farmer and Shtenli. For all of these machines you can easily find on sale ready conversion module that allows you to quickly remake a single-axle tractor into a mini-tractor.
Of all the listed power tillers, only equipment of the Agro brand has certain disadvantages. Almost all models produced by this company show low fracture strength of the axle. this has almost no effect on the performance of the power tiller, but after converting it into a mini tractor, when the pressure on the half axles increases, this defect will not once remind you of itself. To correct this significant disadvantage will help to mount special wheel reducers on the half-axles.
A big advantage when using domestic motor tractors to create a mini-tractor is the free sale of all the necessary spare parts for them. Consequently, no problems will arise with the repair of homemade agricultural machine.
A tractor from a power tiller. common options for conversion
In each individual case of converting a power tiller into a mini-tractor, there are a number of features that must be taken into account when assembling a larger agricultural machine. Let’s consider these nuances on the example of using the most popular power tillers.
Remodeling of power tillers from the Zubr brand
Machines of this domestic brand are equipped with reliable diesel engines. To convert them into mini-tractors, you’ll need hydraulics to use different attachments along with the farm machine, as well as brakes, steering, and 2 extra wheels.
Assembling a mini-tractor from Kentavr motor blocks
The tractors of this brand belong to the category of professional machinery. A tractor with a motoblock of this brand will turn out quite powerful, passable and productive.
For the manufacture of a mini tractor from such a motoblock you need to weld a reinforced frame on which will be located the engine, the driver’s seat and an additional pair of wheels. The engine power is enough to make a crawler tractor from a crawler tractor. such a unit will be much more passable and stable on loose ground. If necessary it can be equipped with a trailer for transporting gardening tools and small-sized cargo.
Peculiarities of Agro power tillers modification
To assemble a mini tractor from a power tiller of this brand, you need to do more extensive work. In addition to welding a strong frame, installation of steering and installation of other necessary units, the half-axles of Agro motoblocs will need to be equipped with wheel reducers. In some cases it can help to install the engine in the back of the design of the mini-tractor. this will give an opportunity to distribute the load on the frame more evenly.
The Agro power tillers can not be used to make a mini-tractor with the wheel formula of 4 x 4. To make a four-wheel drive unit, you will need to have a more powerful and stable power tiller, initially equipped with an unassembled frame.
Preparing to assemble the mini-tractor
The assembly of mini-tractors from all the listed power tillers is performed in the same order. Accordingly, you will need the same tools for preparation before assembling the unit.
Before remodeling you will need to stock up:
- welding machine;
- a set of wrenches and screwdrivers;
- power drill with a set of different drill bits;
- angle grinder and discs of different diameters for cutting metal;
- sets of nuts and bolts.
Also before assembling the mini-tractor, you should study the schematics as carefully as possible.
The drawings should contain instructions on the overall dimensions of the mini-tractor and how to attach its main components.
How to make a mini-tractor from a power tiller with your own hands?
Assembling everything necessary for the work, you can proceed directly to the assembly. It should be noted at once that the conversion of a motor block into a mini-tractor can take quite a long time, so you will need to have patience in advance, and in no case be in a hurry, so as not to make typical mistakes.
When assembling the minitractor, it will be necessary to adhere to the following order of action:
- Reliability and stability of the mini-tractor depends on the strength of its supporting structure. In this regard, the first thing to do is to make a strong frame for the machine. You need to use metal pipes and corners. The diameter of the parts does not play a special role, but the thickness of their walls should be large enough to make the mini-tractor heavy and have a good grip on the ground;
- Pipes and angles need to be carefully cut with an angle grinder, deburr the cut edges, and connect the pipes to each other by welding or bolting. If necessary, it is possible to use a double connection: bolt the parts together and then weld them additionally. To increase the reliability of the frame, it is necessary to equip it with a crossbar, which serves as an additional stiffening rib;
- Immediately after making the frame you will need to begin assembling the hitch. It can be located both in the front and in the rear part of the mini-tractor structure. To make it possible to operate the machine with a trailed equipment, it is necessary to weld a towbar at the rear of it;
- In the next step, you will need to install the driver’s seat in the middle part of the supporting structure of the unit. It is best that it is located on a car spring. this detail will dampen all the bumps in the road and make the management of the mini-tractor more convenient;
- Next, you need to make the running gear of the mini-tractor. To do this, you must first decide on the type of tractor to be made. If it is a breaker, the front and rear halves of the unit must be connected to each other by means of movable articulated joints. If the design of the mini-tractor is to have all-wheel drive, the undercarriage must be solid with fixed joints between the half-frames;
- The two front wheels can be equipped with purchased hubs and brakes. Fastening of the front pair of wheels is carried out using a metal tube, the width of which must necessarily coincide with the width of the front axle. Later, you will need to attach wheel hubs to this tube;
- A through hole must be drilled in the center of the tube, through which the part will be connected to the front frame. Next, you will need to install the steering rods, matched to the frame through a worm gear;
- Immediately after installing the gearbox, you can mount the steering column. To assemble the rear axle you need to use pressed-in bearings inside the bushings. The axle is equipped with a pulley, which will transmit the torque from the motor. The rear wheels can be taken from an old car or other tractor unit. The radius of the wheels should not be less than 12 or more than 14 inches;
- After assembling the undercarriage to begin assembling the motor from the motor block. Most often it is installed at the front of the mini-tractor. this improves the balance of the unit when using the rear attachment or trailed equipment. Installation of the motor should be carried out using a floating mounting system. this will greatly facilitate further tensioning and adjustment of the pulley belts;
- Finished with the installation of the engine, you can start installing a quality braking system and hydraulic distributor, designed for the use of mounted implements. For safer movement of the machine on public roads, it should be equipped with parking lights and headlights;
- If necessary, the homemade mini-tractor can be equipped with an operator’s cabin. To do this, it is necessary to weld 4 pipes to a steel sheet, the other ends of which are welded to the supporting frame of the mini-tractor. In the future, the cabin can be glazed and equipped with ventilation and air heating systems. The video tells more clearly about the construction of a mini-tractor from a power tiller
Before you start active operation of the homemade machine, it should run in. Fill the mini-tractor with fuel, engine and transmission oil, and lubricate the gears generously. After that, you need to test the machine under low loads. After 1-1.5 hours of testing, you can begin work on the mini-tractor under higher loads.
With intensive use of the mini-tractor, you can not forget about the timely replacement of engine and transmission oil. Otherwise rubbing mechanisms of the unit will succumb to the increased load, and as a result will fail rather quickly.
Mini tractor from power tiller with his own hands (22 photos)
Homemade mini-tractor from a power tiller made by a craftsman with his own hands: photo and description of self-made.
The craftsman assembled a complete mini tractor from the power tiller and car parts to help with the household. The tractor is equipped with a hinged equipment for processing the garden, and there is also a trailer and a trailer for cargo transportation.
Characteristics of the mini-tractor:
- Engine and gearbox from a power tiller (engine power. 10 liters). с).
- VAZ hubs.
- Whole beam.
- Column from Moskvich.
- Trapeze Volga.
- Homemade kingpins.
- Rollers under 202 bearings.
The photo shows the construction of a homemade mini-tractor.
A jack is used for the elevator.
Popular Popular Crafts from this section