The re-equipment of the Moto-Block into a mini-tractor with my own hands
Minitractor from a motor-block “Zubr”. step by step instructions
Today, almost everyone has his own plot with a large vegetable garden, and many in our country are engaged in farming. However, we all know how hard it is to work with their hands, and the body sooner or later will say “thank you” for a lot of work. But we do live in an age of technological progress, and there is a wide range of different equipment that can greatly facilitate our life and help to care for the garden and plot.
You can find power tillers, cultivators and mini-tractors on sale. The first ones are universal and multifunctional, which is why there is more demand for them. However, do not assume that power tillers fully assume all the hard work. You still have to put a lot of effort. Of course, you can buy a minitractor, if you have extra, and also a lot of money. But there is a way that everyone without exception will like. this is a mini-tractor from a power tiller “Zubr”.
Immediately we should clarify the fact that there is no universal scheme or drawing for modifying a motorblock. But there are general rules and recommendations that will help you easily cope with this work for units of any manufacturer. Including they are suitable for the conversion of a power tiller with their own hands into a mini-tractor “Zubr”.
Recommendations for modifying a Zubr motoblock into a mini-tractor with your own hands
To begin with, you must clearly think through the whole motoblock conversion, as well as provide for the installation of a variety of additional equipment, as a plow, haymaker, and more. The whole construction is placed on a homemade frame, and the brake mechanism and steering rack can be taken from an old car. In fact, the whole work is much easier than it seems at first glance.
Today there are even complete kits available for sale, which help to remake one unit into another with your own hands. Such kits usually include:
Zubr” single axle tractor has a powerful enough power plant, which runs on diesel fuel. In order to remake it into a minitractor, you need various additional components, some of which you can make yourself, and some of which you can take from an old car, like wheels, steering wheel, brake system, and other.
A mini tractor from a power tiller with his own hands
In order to make a miniature tractor from a power tiller with your own hands, you will need:
- angle grinder;
- fastening parts;
- channels and pipes;
- A device for drilling;
- electric welding;
- measuring tools (angle, tape measure, caliper);
- Small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, hammer, etc.). д.).
Also you need to buy a ready-made kit for converting your power tiller into a mini tractor. This will be the main item of expenditure, but you should not save on this equipment, so as not to compromise the quality of the future product.
It is also necessary to find a comfortable and high-quality steering wheel, seat, wheels and pedals. When all the necessary components are picked up, you can begin to create a drawing. Do not neglect this stage. with clear drawings and diagrams you will work much easier and faster. Below in the photo there are examples of the simplest drawings for an independent alteration of the tiller into a mini-tractor.
A good homemade mini-tractor with an engine from a power tiller can be obtained only when the original unit has good power and productivity. Ideal for remaking heavy diesel motor blocks. They are quite economical, heavy in weight, powerful, productive and enduring. All these parameters allow you to make a power tiller into a fully-fledged mini-tractor that can plow heavy soils and work for a long time without interruption.
The remodeling process is generally carried out according to the same algorithm, with minor differences for different models. The general scheme of converting a power tiller into a mini-tractor is as follows.
preparing the frame
Since another pair of wheels will be necessary for the mini-tractor, the frame structure will have to be improved and strengthened. To make the new frame you can use a metal profile or metal pipe. The thickness and size of the blanks should be chosen according to individual preferences, taking into account the power of the future machine. The components of the future frame are cut out with an angle grinder and connected by welding. It is advisable to strengthen the design with a crossbar. Also take care of the attachment point and the towbar if you plan to use a trailer.
Fasten front wheels to a piece of pipe of suitable diameter. Finished wheel hubs with brake pads are mounted on it. In the center of the structure is made a hole through which it will be attached to the frame. Then mount the steering rods to the frame via a worm gear. Finally, the steering wheel can be installed.
Bearings are pressed into bushes to install the rear axle. On the axle itself, the torque will be transmitted by a pulley. The wheels can be kept from the previous set, or new wheels can be chosen, with stronger and wider tread. It is recommended that the wheel diameter for the future mini-tractor should be 12 inches and larger.
Mounting the motor
It is recommended that the engine be mounted on the front frame strut. This will improve the balance of the machine. It is important to make sure that the PTO is parallel to the rear axle pulley. This protects the belt drive from wear.
When most of the work is done, install brakes and hitch control system. It is also helpful to install lighting equipment.
After the tractor is completely assembled it should be run-in according to the requirements of the instruction manual of the power tiller.
Let’s take a closer look at how quickly and easily can be converted into a mini tractor of different models.
Minitractor from a Neva power tiller
In general, the process of rebuilding the Neva motoblock does not differ from the general scheme presented above. It is worth noting that this design solution certainly has its advantages. The Neva motor blocks with Subaru engine are quite powerful and heavy, and sometimes it is not easy to control them. The mini-tractor is more manageable and easier to work with. The weight of the operator when working on the mini-tractor adds stability to the machine.
Detailed diagrams for converting a Neva power tiller into a mini-tractor:
The video shows the work of self-made mini-tractor on the basis of Neva power tiller: https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=uFTeB6gJ5qk
A mini tractor from a power tiller Agro
Before starting to remodel the motoblocks of this brand, you should stock up on material and the necessary tools. For work you will need:
- Stainless steel sheets and profiles;
- seat and steering wheel. can be removed from an old car;
- A pair of wheels. their diameter should not exceed 15 ”;
- A set of fasteners;
- angle grinder and an electric drill;
- Hammer and welding machine.
After preparing everything you need, we advise you to study the diagrams, which will tell you the right order of action when installing the elements of the tractor. We also advise to look at the photos, which will certainly help you in the manufacture of an agricultural unit. Unlike power tillers of the manufacturers listed above, the equipment of Agro brand has one significant disadvantage, which must be necessarily considered when converting a power tiller into a mini-tractor. It lies in the fact that the axle of the power tiller has a very weak fracture strength. Such a break will definitely affect if you exceed the maximum allowable load on the frame of the mini-tractor. To avoid further malfunction, the mini-tractor will need to be equipped with wheel reducers.
The procedure for assembling the unit is as follows:
- The first step is to weld a strong tractor frame. Use steel profiles and pipes for this. Be sure to note that the heavier the frame, the better the tractor’s grip on the ground. At the rear of the supporting structure, weld a towbar, which will be needed to hitch the trailer to the machine;
- Then proceed to the construction and arrangement of the running gear of the mini-tractor. You can buy a pair of prefabricated front wheels, and hubs equipped with brakes. After buying the parts, attach the hubs to the steel tube, and drill holes in the front of the frame, which will be needed to mount the hubs on the mini-tractor. Next, install the steering rods, using a worm gear for this purpose. Following the tie rods, attach the steering column and rear axle. When installing the latter, press the bearings into the sleeves used for mounting. Put a pulley on the rear axle and secure the wheels;
- After that, install the engine on the front of the frame. It is advised to do this by means of an additional frame, placed on special shock absorbers. this will avoid strong vibrations at high loads on the motor;
- Next, install the driver’s seat on the mini-tractor, connecting it to the frame through the springs. thanks to them it will be much more convenient to work with the mini-tractor.
If you want your handmade compact tractor can be equipped with a canopy, which will protect you from rain and sun. To make it, 4 steel pipes are welded to the frame next to the seat and the steering column, to which a steel plate is attached by means of spot welding. As a result, you get a reliable unit for dacha, which will quickly cope with all its tasks.
A mini tractor with a motor from a power tiller with his hands drawings. Instructions for assembling a mini-tractor from a power tiller
Those who are interested in how to make a minitractor from a Neva, Forte or Zubr power tiller, you should know that the manufacturer does not matter much, it does not affect the efficiency of the tractor. The main thing is to develop the drawing and the scheme of construction correctly. Also the owner of the equipment can use ready-made.
Frame and body
To build the frame it is allowed to use metal pipes and angles. Bolts should be used as fasteners, but to create a strong connection, you will need welding.
The mini tractor with their own hands can be equipped with a body. This will give the technique not only a presentable appearance, but also protect the components from dust, mechanical and climatic effects. In this case stainless steel sheets are used.
The operator’s seat and the steering device
After completing the frame with a body for the homemade equipment on the structure should be fixed a chair for the operator. Here you can use the driver’s seat from any car. It is necessary to install it in such a way that the driver can easily adjust to the position of the seat itself. the height and tilt angle. The steering wheel is created according to the principle of the karting setup. But here it is necessary to strengthen and shorten the pull.
Wheel set for the conversion of special equipment into a mini-tractor must consist of four wheels with a diameter of 12-14 inches.
If you install wheels with smaller dimensions, the mini tractor when driving will be buried in the front in the ground, and in the opposite case. will be difficult to manage.
After the work on the creation of the mini tractor is completed, it is necessary to treat the body with an anti-corrosion agent and cover it with paint. Next, the technique requires running-in, so the operator can check the serviceability of all mechanical components.
Once the machine has been tested, it can be supplemented with a head light, canopy, hydraulics, and other attachments.
Block: 4/8 | Number of characters: 2114
A mini-tractor from a Zubr power tiller
Motoblocks of this brand have a reliable and fairly powerful motor, the presence of which allows you to remake the unit in a four-wheel drive minitractor. Before working, be sure to study the detailed drawings, and buy steel sheets, pipes and angles. The procedure for making a minitractor is as follows:
- When equipping the frame you will need to expand the existing frame of the power tiller. This is necessary in order to install additional wheels. Cut corners and pipes into suitable pieces, and then weld them to each other;
- The front beam on the mini-tractor is mounted by means of an already ready hub, equipped with brakes. The wheels at the front of the machine should match the size of the rear wheels, or be slightly larger than the latter. this will prevent the mini-tractor from “burying” when driving on rough terrain;
- Then mount the engine of the power harvester. It is best to install it in the front to achieve the best balance of the entire structure;
- To the back of the ready-made mini-tractor weld a towbar. it will be needed to mount the trailer.
Self-made minitractor, made on the basis of the Zubr motoblock, will be able to cope with a number of the most difficult household tasks: plowing the soil, mowing the grass, collecting and transporting crops.
Minitractor from a power tiller Agro
Before starting the remodeling of motor blocks of this brand, you should stock up on materials and the necessary tools. For your work you’ll need:
- Stainless steel sheets and profiles;
- seat and steering wheel. can be removed from an old car;
- a pair of wheels. their diameter should not exceed 15”;
- a set of fasteners;
- Angle grinder and an electric drill;
- a hammer and welding machine.
After preparing everything you need, we advise you to study the schemes that will tell you the correct order of action when installing the elements of the tractor. It is also advisable to look at the photos, which will certainly help you in the manufacture of an agricultural unit. In contrast to the motor blocks from the above manufacturers, machinery brand Agro has one major disadvantage that must be taken into account when converting the motor-block into a mini-tractor. It lies in the fact that the axle of a power tiller has very weak indicators of fracture strength. This kind of fracture is bound to affect if you exceed the maximum allowable load on the frame of the mini-tractor. To avoid further malfunction, the mini-tractor will need to be equipped with wheel reducers.
The procedure for assembling the aggregate is as follows:
- The first step is to weld a strong frame for the tractor. Use steel profiles and pipes. Please note that the heavier the frame is made, the better will be the tractor’s grip on the ground. At the rear of the supporting structure, weld a towbar that will be needed to hitch the trailer to the machine;
- Then begin to make and arrange the running gear of the mini-tractor. You can buy a pair of prefabricated front wheels for this, as well as hubs equipped with brakes. After buying the parts, attach the hubs to the steel tube, and drill holes in the front of the frame, which will be needed to mount the hubs on the mini-tractor. Next, install the steering rods, using a worm gear for this. After the tie rods, mount the steering column and the rear axle. When mounting the latter, press the bearings into the sleeves used for mounting. On the rear axle install the pulley and secure the wheels;
- After that, mount the engine to the front of the frame. We advise to do this by means of an additional frame, placed on special shock absorbers. this will avoid strong vibrations at high loads on the engine;
- Next, install the driver’s seat on the mini-tractor, connecting it to the frame through the springs. thanks to them it will be much more convenient to work with a mini-tractor.
If desired, the hand-made compact tractor can be equipped with a canopy that will protect you from rain and sun. For its manufacture to the frame next to the seat and steering column, you need to weld four steel pipes, to which by means of spot welding to fix a steel plate. As a result, you will get a reliable unit for dacha, which will quickly cope with all the tasks assigned to it.
A mini-tractor is an agricultural technique, with which you can remove snow, mow grass, cultivate seedbeds, remove garbage, and much more. The made mini tractor you do not have to push in front of you, as it was with the power tiller, you can ride it sitting. This is the main advantage. Farmers know how the work is sometimes exhausting, and in the end your health does not say thank you for your hard work. All these problems and solves the modernization of machinery.
To make your own minitractor, most often you only need to make a frame, install additional wheels, brake system and seat. However, the single axle tractor “Agro” requires more serious work.
In this case you need to reinforce the drive axles with wheel reducers. Here you can also apply such a method as the location of the motor in the rear of the machine, which will allow for a more even distribution of weight and load.
Let’s see a more detailed description of how to convert a single axle tractor “Agro” into a mini-tractor. You will need the following materials:
- the single axle tractor “Agro” itself;
- seat from an old car;
- – steel sheets and profiles;
- wheels. You can completely replace all four wheels, or you can leave two and add the other two from the old car;
- steering wheel from an old car.
It is worth noting that there is no clear scheme by which you can make a mini-tractor. There are general recommendations. In addition, the remaking of any power tiller requires essentially the same materials, and the work in general is also carried out in the same way. Any other changes, such as installing a sunshade or painting the future structure, are only your wishes and preferences.
You need to immediately determine the purpose of your future tractor. If you will use it only for agricultural work, then give preference to a solid frame. Also in this case, it is better to place the motor in the rear. Whereas the front arrangement will put too much pressure on the wheels, which will lead to an almost impossible transmission of the technique.
If you will drive the machine on difficult terrain, then make a broken frame. Such a frame will make the equipment more maneuverable, easy to control, and you can easily overcome even the really difficult areas.
Instructions for making a mini-tractor
To do the whole job in the best possible way and in a short time, you need to follow the instructions and drawings clearly. The first thing to do is to make a frame out of profiles. this will be the basis for the future machine. After that, it is attached to other components, such as the motor, transmission, running gear.
It’s important to do everything carefully and reliably so that at the wrong moment something won’t fall off. Once everything is installed and secured, you can improve your equipment by installing a seat, turn signals, sunshade. You might not need the headlights if you don’t drive on the road. But every man wants his equipment to look presentable and beautiful.
The single-axle tractor “Agro” itself has one major drawback. weak overhead bows. Not a problem for a walking tractor, but for a mini-tractor it’s quite critical. Especially if you want to carry large weights in the future.
details about each remodeled part:
- Undercarriage. To make the front wheels, you can buy ready-made hubs with brakes. To attach them, you need to take a metal tube whose diameter fits the front axle. Attach the hubs to it. Drill a hole in the center, with which the structure is attached to the front frame. Then attach the steering rods with a worm gear. The steering column is installed. The rear axle is mounted on the bearings pressed into the bushings. It is worth noting the fact that the diameter of the wheels should be about 30 centimeters. If you take them smaller, the mini-tractor will simply bury the front end, and if larger. the unit will become unmanageable;
- Motor. Usually the motor is installed on the front of the structure, thus creating the correct distribution of gravity during work with loaded trailers. To do this, you need to make a proper attachment;
- Frame. The frame is needed in order to install additional wheels. For this you need a piece of pipe. Its diameter does not play a special role, it is only important that the pipe can withstand the loads that will be applied to it. Another tip. if you take a heavy pipe, this will create a better grip of the mini-tractor when working on the ground;
- Additional equipment. Lastly, the braking system and the hydraulic manifold are installed to work with the attachments.
After you have assembled your mini-tractor, to complete the image to make it more interesting, you can paint the entire structure. The paint will also protect all parts from corrosion. The machine is then run-in and is ready for active use.
As you can see, it is quite difficult to assemble a minitractor from a power tiller, but everyone can do it with their own hands. You may even have a piece of equipment that outperforms the factory ones.
Where to start?
If you think that reworking your power tiller is a rather complicated task that you can not do, then you are wrong. First, you need to gather a set of materials that you will need for this process. So, you need:
- The single axle tractor Agro itself;
- a pair of wheels. You can keep the native pair of wheels of the power block or replace them too;
- chair. It is necessary for you to be able to sit on it. You can use an old seat from a passenger car;
- Steel sheets and profiles;
- steering wheel. It can also be used from an old car.
It is worth noting that only the Argo power harvesters have some peculiarity that must be taken into account when remodeling. It has a lack of axle fracture strength. This can affect the operation of the mini-tractor, as the load will be increased. To solve this problem, you need to install wheel reducers.
The work process
So you have decided to convert a single axle tractor Agro into a mini tractor. First you need to create a drawing or find a suitable one on the Internet. Without a blueprint, you might have trouble getting the job done.
Before you start the process, you also need to decide how you will use your new tractor. If you only need it for agricultural work, then you should opt for a solid frame design. If you still want to drive the machine, go for a broken frame.
You want to think about whether you want the motor in the front or the back. Sure, if you put it in the front you get better maneuverability, but it puts more pressure on the front wheels and the transmission is problematic.
The process of building a mini-tractor takes place in several stages:
- First you need to weld the frame. For this you need profiles and steel plates or a tube. It is on this body that the other parts will be installed. The heavier the frame, the better the traction of the equipment will be. If you will be transporting loads, therefore, you will be installing a trailer. A towbar must be mounted to the rear of the frame;
- Next, you need to start building the undercarriage. You can buy hubs with brakes for the front wheels. The front wheels should be mounted as follows:
- Wheel hubs are attached to the metal tube;
- a hole is drilled in the frame, through which you need to attach the hubs to the front frame;
- the steering rods are mounted through a worm gear;
- A steering column is mounted;
- Mount the rear axle. This should be done on the bearings pressed into the bushings;
- On this axle mount a pulley that serves as a torque transmitter for the motor;
- the wheels are mounted.
- After that, the engine is mounted. As mentioned above, it can be located either in the front of the structure, or in the rear.
There are many interesting enough modifications of the minitractor on the network. For more comfortable work, you can install a sunshade, paint the unit, install headlights and clearance lights. All this will make your car more attractive, and on the road. visible and safe.
Minitractor from Neva power tiller
Such a homemade tractor is one of the best, as it has compact dimensions and high performance. For the redesign uses a single-axle tractor as the basis, two additional wheels and an axle.
In order to properly carry out the remodeling, you should follow these rules:
- The dimensions of additional wheels should be 14 to 18 inches in diameter. Too small can overturn the tractor, and larger ones will not allow it to move properly.
- The engine of the motorcycle block can be located at the back. In this case, widen the track width for better balance.
- The machine’s tires are equipped with cleats for better traction.
This model is very simple and suitable for remodeling. It will be a good option for working on any terrain.
How to make a minitractor from a MTZ power tiller?
To develop a quality and fairly productive tractor to use motoblocks MTZ 05, MTZ 09, MTZ 12 or other models. They are equipped with a two-cylinder engine that shifts the center of gravity forward.
When redesigning the main task is to eliminate the problem of shifting the center of gravity:
- Set the machine to work with a mower.
- Remove its front pad and install in its place a front wheel from a motorcycle, as well as a steering wheel.
- Attach an adjusting rod to the top of the frame, which will make the structure stiffer.
- Weld on driver’s seat.
Install the engine and do not forget to install another platform on which to place the hydraulic valve and battery. In the back you need to install an additional steel frame for hydraulics, and on the front is mounted handbrake.
The result is a compact, three-wheeled tractor with high output. As it looks, you can see on the photo.
Diagrams for constructing a mini-tractor
At the very beginning of the work is required to disassemble the schematics of your planned minitractor. You can create drawings and calculate the dimensions yourself, it does not require any special skills, just a pen, pencil and logical thinking. The main thing in this is to keep a clear balance so that no emergency happens in further work.
Converting a power tiller into a mini tractor step by step
If you still decide to do without a ready-made kit, then to convert a power tiller into a mini-tractor you will need the following elements:
- driver’s seat;
- additional equipment.
It is important to have the right tools at hand:
If all this is ready, then let’s start making a tractor from a power tiller.
For this, if you don’t have a ready-made base, you’ll need both corners and pipes. Having cut all the parts of the right size, you should connect the future frame using bolts or welding. This will be the basis of your future technique. You can also attach an attachment to the frame at once, with which you will attach additional equipment for different kinds of work.
steering wheel and seat
You can take these two components from a junk car. The seat should be selected comfortable, since the homemade mini tractor from a power tiller has no shock absorbers. After attaching the driver’s seat, we can put the steering wheel. It will need to be set at an optimum height for you to work comfortably in the future.
To save money, you can also use car wheels. To attach the wheels to the front of the frame, it will be easiest to buy ready-made hubs with brakes in advance. The choice of wheels also plays an important role. If you take big ones, the tractor becomes very difficult to control. And if it is too small, it will just bury itself in the ground.
To make your mini-tractor easy to control, you should install the levers, which are responsible for the clutch and brake. One popular method is a cable drive.
The heart of your tractor is often placed on the front frame for better balancing during work. Mounted with a floating mounting system. It is also very important to follow the safety rules. When the whole construction is assembled, you only have to go for a short run-in before you get down to work. Your “homemade” will become a faithful helper for any work and will please.