The Trimmer Heats Up And Stalls
By running the trimmer or lawn mower at idle speed, you find that the device starts but stalls after, say, 510 minutes. The reasons may be as follows:
- Clogging, violation of carburetor adjustment;
- Initially incorrect setting of the carburetor valve mechanism;
- Clogging of the air filter;
- Decrease in the speed of the gearbox (if any); improper air-fuel ratio;
- Clogging of the throttle;
- The penetration of excess air into the fuel system;
- Running out of fuel in the tank (and oil in the tank if the engine is four-stroke).
If there are problems directly with the carburetor, the machine will stop both after a cold start and after starting on an already running engine.
Ways to eliminate breakage
By carburetor are possible the following works:
- Cleaning and adjusting the fuel supply valve;
- Similar work with a valve that releases exhaust gases and vapors (after fuel combustion);
- Replacing the weaker spring on the inlet valve;
- Restoration of the tension of the carburetor cable;
- Replacing the fuel suction hose, checking and strengthening the weakened connection;
- Change of the rotary disc damper;.
- Change of a faulty wire or ignition coil.
You press the gas and the trimmer stops working, does not develop speed. Possible suspected causes are:
- The carburetor setting is out of order, which appears with an increasing load on the drive itself after its long idle time or when working in extreme conditions;
- The fuel valve is clogged with deposits;
- The carburetor cable is loose and sag;
- The fuel supply hose is unnecessarily stretched, possibly torn;
- Clogged with deposits check valve (breather) fuel does not flow into the fuel tank.
When the air damper is opened
Lawn mower or trimmer stalls when raising the damper for the following reasons:
- Pumping excess air due to a cracked fuel suction hose;
- Oil seals are worn out;
- Improper functioning of the fuel and air metering unit when they are mixed.
Stop the lawn mowers in this case immediately.
With increasing speed
If the lawn mower (or trimmer) stalls when adding engine speed check the device according to the following signs:
- Clogging or sticking of the valve built into the gas tank cap;
- Violation of valve adjustment;
- Failure of pistons and cylinders from vibration during the operation of the scythe or trimmer, accidental impacts directly in the mowing session;
- Violation of the supply of the air-fuel mixture;
- Extra pumping of air into the motor;
- Cracking of the fuel intake hose, loosening of its connections.
When the air-fuel mixture is supplied in the necessary portions to the engine out of time, it burns the amount that has managed to flow since the last stall, and itself stalls again.
Lawn mower stalls when you press the gas: causes and remedies
- Diagnostic features
- Main reasons
- When the air damper is opened
- Ways to eliminate breakage
- Operating tips
Lawn mowers and gasoline trimmers are machines that do not just mow the grass, but cut it up to several times more than their counterparts with an electric motor. Once the lawn mower or petrol trimmer stalls for a while, and the mowing process immediately slows down.
If it stalled when opening the damper
If the equipment works properly at idle, but stalls when the air damper is opened, this indicates the penetration of air into the system through cracks in the fuel supply hose or damaged oil seals. In order to fix the breakage and adjust the operation of the tool without sucking air from the atmosphere, it is necessary to replace the damaged parts.
Another possible cause of failure is a malfunction of the carburetor dosage system. To fix this problem, it is better to contact professionals.
Preventive measures and rules of operation
In order for the lawn mower to work properly and not stall when started, it must be properly stored and operated. Compliance with the following simple guidelines will allow you to forget about problems.
- When mowing grass, the condition of the cooling system must be monitored. It is also necessary to regularly clean the channels in the housing and the ribs of the starter.
- Use kerosene, thinner or other detergent to clean the instrument.
- Do not clean the hot instrument before washing it must cool down.
- It is important to comply with the recommended operating mode to avoid overheating of the engine.
- If the spit is not used within the next thirty days, the fuel must be drained, otherwise it will decompose into heavy components that can clog the channels of the carburetor.
- After the fuel is drained, the trimmer should idle for a while until it turns off. This will completely get rid of the remaining working mixture inside.
To store the tool in cold weather you need:
- Completely drain the fuel;
- Disassemble the lawn mower, wash and clean all available components;
- Inspect the condition of the parts, eliminate all defects that can be corrected;
- Pour the prescribed amount of oil into the gearbox;
- Clean the air filter;
- Partial disassembly of the engine, wash all moving parts, blow through and lubricate thoroughly;
- To lubricate the piston, unscrew the spark plug, then use the starter to raise the piston to top dead center, pour a small amount of oil into the spark plug hole and turn the crankshaft several times.
Only by observing these rules can you be sure that the lawn mower will work properly and will not stall for a number of seasons.
As you can see, there are many reasons for the trimmer to stop working. Most of them can be corrected by yourself using the user manual. In cases where there is no self-confidence, it is recommended to take the equipment to repair. It is worth remembering that the wrong actions can cause even more harm to the trimmer. As a result, repairing lawn mowers will cost significantly more than it would have been originally, and in the worst case, you may need to buy a new unit.
If stalled after gas supply
Owners of gasoline scythes quite often mention that the lawn mower stalls when you press the gas. Typically, such a breakdown occurs due to a malfunction in the carburetor. Failure in its operation can occur due to prolonged storage, use in difficult conditions, significant overload of the motor. Vibrating movements of the device during operation will become a symptom of such a breakdown.
Sometimes the trimmer will stall when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. This interferes with the supply of gasoline. To fix the problem, it is enough to loosen the valves. This will restore the normal fuel supply to the carburetor.
Another possible reason the mower stalls when gas is applied is a dirty breather (check valve). This part prevents the formation of a vacuum in the gas tank. If it is clogged, air does not flow, which means that fuel does not go to the carburetor. To fix the problem, you need to clean this element.
If stalled while idling
If the lawn mower stalls while idling, there could be several factors.
- First you need to check the prepared fuel solution when it comes to a four-stroke trimmer running on a gasoline-oil mixture. There is a possibility that it is not made correctly proportions. Because of this, the gearbox heats up, and the revolutions on the drum decrease.
- Another likely cause is a clogged element such as the throttle valve, air filter, or carburetor. The specified parts need to be cleaned.
- Another possible factor is misalignment or misalignment of the carburetor. You need to re-configure according to the instructions.
- Observe this problem mono even when opening the air damper. In this situation, the lack of fuel for the trimmer is due to the air flow.
If the device does not have enough fuel, it works properly at high speeds or when they increase, but stalls at idle. If the root of the problem lies in the carburetor, the mower will shut off during cold start and hot start.
If stalled after launch
If the equipment starts and stalls immediately after starting, this indicates an incorrect setting or misalignment of the device. As a result, fuel does not enter the engine evenly, resulting in significant vibration and trim disengagement. To fix the breakdown, you need to reconfigure the device according to the user’s manual.
Another probable problem is clogging of the valve supplying the gasoline mixture. It needs to be cleaned.
Another possible cause is a damaged fuel intake hose. Air can enter the system through cracks and holes. To solve the problem, you need to increase the engine speed in order to get rid of air bubbles that have penetrated inside the device.
Causes of malfunction and their elimination
To most accurately determine the cause of a malfunction of any brand of trimmer (for example, Echo) and find out the possibility of its elimination, you need to establish at what action the device stalls. The engine can be turned off both at idle and at high speeds, heating under load or immediately after starting, etc.
Lawn mower stalls
When purchasing a lawn mower, you need to be prepared for the fact that, like all other similar tools, breakdowns may also occur in it that will require repair.
However, you should not immediately run to the service center and pay a lot of money to the masters who convince you of a serious malfunction in the device.
The lawn mower stalls at high speed on gas
Perhaps the most common complaint about petrol trimmers is that the lawn mower stalls.
Of course, the reason for this may be a rather serious malfunction. However, most often the situation is much simpler than it seems at first glance.
To cope with such a problem, first of all, try to figure out its causes on your own, because after finding out the cause, it is much easier to deal with the problem, and sometimes it even self-destructs.
In fact, the reasons are when the lawn mower stalls at high speeds, there are quite a few reasons.
Another one is the presence of faults in the power system.
In this case, the lawn mower will stall at idle speed. Misadjustment or improper adjustment of the carburetor can lead to problems with the power system.
The misalignment can be caused by vibrations that occur during the operation of the lawn mower.
Incorrect adjustment of lawn mowers can be corrected simply by adjusting it in accordance with the requirements specified in the instruction manual.
In addition, sometimes gasoline trimmers can stall due to the fact that the valve located in the gas tank cap is simply clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using a scythe by loosening the gas cap.
If the device operates properly in this mode, clean the valve.
What’s more, the lawn mower can stall due to poor fuel flow to the carburetor.
Why then does the device start, you ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel gradually runs into the carburetor and it is enough to work at increased power.
However, then it is produced and at high speeds the engine begins to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem here may also be that its body is too tight.
The reason that the lawn mower stalls at high rpm on gas may also be air leaks.
This is the possible presence of a place through which air can pass during the heating of the engine.
Be sure to check the fuel inlet hose, among other things. The problem may be that it is loose or cracked altogether.
These are the main reasons why a lawn mower can stall.