The trimmer stalls when you press the gas of the husqvarna
Breakdown elimination methods
The following works are possible on the carburetor:
- cleaning and adjusting the fuel supply valve;
- similar work with a valve that releases exhaust gases and vapors (after fuel combustion);
- replacing the weaker spring on the inlet valve;
- restoration of the tension of the carburetor cable;
- replacing the fuel suction hose, checking and strengthening the loosened connection;
- change of the rotary disc damper;.
- replacement of a faulty wire or ignition coil.
The list of work carried out may also include cleaning the injectors (in a 4-stroke engine), replacing valve washers, gaskets in tank plugs, and so on.
With an increase in revolutions
If the brushcutter (or trimmer) stalled when adding engine speed, check the device for the following symptoms:
- clogging or sticking of the valve built into the gas tank cap;
- violation of valve adjustment;
- malfunction of pistons and cylinders. from vibration during the operation of the scythe or trimmer, accidental blows directly during the mowing session;
- violation of the supply of the air-fuel mixture;
- extra pumping of air into the motor;
- cracking of the fuel inlet hose, loosening of its connections.
When the air-fuel mixture is supplied in the required portions to the engine out of time, it burns the amount that has been delivered since the last stall, and itself stalls again.
Immediately after the start
- imbalance of previously adjusted valves;
- initially incorrect setting of the valve mechanism;
- clogging of the fuel supply valve by deposits;
- the hose is worn out or loosely connected.
Due to the broken fuel injection algorithm, the petrol cutter or trimmer vibrates strongly in operation.
In the process of warming up the engine
If the engine heats up too quickly, overheats. the brushcutter or trimmer works unevenly, as if in jerks. After which it will stall. The reason may be as follows:
- boiling gasoline;
- the ignition wire is damaged (poor insulation);
- the coil in the ignition system has noticeably burned out, interturn short circuits have appeared.
The same heating is observed when using a rotary (rather than a disc) damper.
The benzokos stalls when you press the gas: causes and remedies
- Diagnostic features
- Main reasons
- When the air damper is opened
- Breakdown elimination methods
- Operating tips
A petrol cutter and a petrol trimmer are machines that do not just mow the grass, but cut it up to several times more than their counterparts with an electric motor. Once a brushcutter or a petrol trimmer stalls for a while, and the mowing process immediately slows down.
A well-posed question is already half the answer. The fact will significantly speed up the search for a solution. under what circumstances does a gasoline trimmer or a petrol cutter stall, namely:
- immediately after the start;
- when it has been idling for some time. after one or several minutes;
- when you press the gas button (or knob). or shortly after starting work at high, near-maximum speeds;
- under heavy load (for example, to prune bushes, mow dense and tall weeds);
- when warming up in the cold. it heats up excessively (the brushcutter has stalled due to overheating);
- after opening the air damper.
Depending on which of the circumstances was clarified during the pre-diagnosis, the elimination method looks for a more specific cause of the brushcutter or trimmer malfunction.
When the air damper is opened
The petrol cutter or trimmer stalls when the throttle is lifted for the following reasons:
- pumping excess air due to a cracked fuel suction hose;
- oil seals are worn out;
- improper functioning of the fuel and air metering unit when they are mixed.
Stop the brushcutter in this case immediately.
Possible reasons for the following reasons are why the brushcutter or trimmer stalls when trying to restart and resume interrupted work:
- engine problems;
- failure in the gasoline and oil supply system;
- damage to pipelines (capillaries, hoses, nozzles);
- faults in the ignition system.
A general description of scythe or trimmer problems is not enough here. A clear and immediate repair, high-quality service is impossible without specifying the identified cause.
Why does a chainsaw stall when heated
The situation in which a chainsaw starts up cold, and in the process of heating it can stall, is familiar to many who deal with them. The main reasons for this behavior of the saw are as follows.
- Defective ignition module (coil). Determine the malfunction by checking the spark first on a cold engine, and then on a hot one. If there is no spark on a hot engine, then it is worth trying to fix the malfunction by replacing the ignition coil.
- The carburetor of the chainsaw has an incorrect setting (fills a hot candle). You can determine the problem by how the saw is started on a cold one. If for a cold start it is not required to close the air damper, and the engine starts without a preliminary flash, then the fuel mixture is formed incorrectly and after the engine warms up, the fuel fills the spark plug and makes it impossible to start. The problem is eliminated by adjusting the carburetor.
- Spark plug defective. In such a situation, similar to a faulty ignition coil, the spark disappears when the engine heats up. It is worth trying to replace the spark plug with a new one, and if this does not help, then you need to check the ignition coil and the gap between it and the flywheel.
You can check the ignition coil using a multimeter or by replacing it with a known good one. The test with a multimeter of the primary and secondary windings is carried out in the resistance measurement mode. The resistance index of the primary winding, working coil, is 1 kOhm. secondary 4 kOhm.
Algorithm for checking the crankcase for leaks
- Remove the side cover and tire from the chainsaw.
- Unscrew the spark plug and put a lace with knots into the cylinder through the spark plug hole, thereby stopping the movement of the piston and crankshaft.
- As a lace with knots, you can use the old cord from the starter, tying knots on it every 3-5 cm.
- Spin the chain saw drive sprocket.
- Remove the oil pump cover and the pump itself.
- Remove the starter from the chainsaw.
- Unscrew and remove the flywheel.
- Remove carburetor.
- Using a syringe, through the carburetor hole in the cylinder, pour gasoline into the crankcase, while observing the crankshaft oil seals. If gasoline flows through them, then the oil seals have become unusable and must be replaced with new ones.
- It is better to entrust the installation of oil seals to professionals.
An indirect sign of crankcase leaks are oil leaks in the area of the oil seals.
Why does a chainsaw stall under load
In some cases, the chainsaw under load is unable to work normally and simply stalls. A common reason for this behavior is improper carburetor adjustment, or air leaks through the crankshaft oil seals or carburetor gasket. And also this behavior can occur due to leaks in the carburetor.
How to fix a Husqvarna weed eater (no more bogging down)
It is best to diagnose the cause and eliminate the fact that the chainsaw starts and stalls under load, best of all in a service center, since a special tool is needed to check the tightness of the carburetor and crankcase.
A saw that is unable to operate under load will also be unsteady at idling. They will “float”. Diagnostics begin with a check for leaks in the crankcase and carburetor. If air leaks through the crankshaft oil seals, they must be replaced. If air leakage in the carburetor is detected, the cause can be eliminated by installing a repair kit of gaskets.
Only after the above actions have failed and the crankcase with the carburetor is sealed, you can proceed to adjust the carburetor.
The reason for this algorithm is as follows, if the air leak from the crankcase is not eliminated, but the carburetor was simply adjusted to normal engine operation, then the fuel mixture will contain more fuel than is required with a sealed crankcase, which in turn will significantly increase its consumption. Also, most likely, carbon deposits will appear in the engine, which will also negatively affect the further operation of the chainsaw.
In some models of chainsaws, to ensure the operation of the fuel pump, special hoses are installed that transmit an air impulse from the engine crankcase to the carburetor fuel pump. If this hose is frayed, the saw will idle unevenly and will not work at all under load.
Owners of HUSQVARNA 137 and HUSQVARNA 142 household chainsaws should first of all check the impulse hose for any deviations in engine operation from the norm, since this is considered the most common reason for the breakdown of these chainsaws.
A video showing how to replace a defective impulse hose with your own hands on a HUSQVARNA 142 chainsaw can be viewed below. It shows step by step the process of disassembling the saw, shows the impulse hose and discusses the consequences of its malfunctioning HUSQVARNA 142.
Why the chainsaw doesn’t pick up speed and stalls
If the chainsaw is not able to pick up speed a minute after starting or stalls when the gas trigger is pressed, most likely the carburetor or crankcase is leaking. As in the previous case, the problem can be solved by checking for leaks and adjusting the carburetor.
If the chainsaw does not pick up speed and stalls after it has been running normally for about 5 minutes, the reason may be a defective fuel tank breather. The vacuum created in the fuel tank during tool operation prevents the engine from receiving the necessary amount of fuel for its normal operation, and for this reason it will be unable to gain speed or stall. In this case, if you stop the tool, open and close the fuel tank cap and start the chainsaw again, the tool will work normally again for about five minutes, after which it will stop gaining speed or stall.
The reason that the chainsaw does not pick up speed can also be excessive carbon deposits in the muffler, which makes it difficult to exhaust exhaust gases, thereby reducing the power and engine speed.
If you want to check the tightness of the crankcase, but there is no special tool, you can use the following test procedure.
The chainsaw starts and stalls cause
Owners of chainsaws sometimes have to deal with the fact that the saw, for no apparent reason, stops working normally. To figure out why the chainsaw stalls under various operating modes, and also to describe how you can diagnose a malfunction, we will try in our article.
- Why does a chainsaw stall when heated
- Why does a chainsaw stall under load
- Why the chainsaw doesn’t pick up speed and stalls
- Algorithm for checking the crankcase for leaks
- Why the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls
- Malfunctions leading to improper operation of the chainsaw
- Summing up
Why the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls
The chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls, the reason for this behavior may be hidden in the carburetor. A malfunctioning fuel pump or malfunctioning of the main fuel jet can cause this saw to behave. The inability to operate the chainsaw after starting, requires a full diagnosis at the service center.
All of the above options for engine malfunction have similar causes, which, depending on their neglect, can have different manifestations. For example, with a slight intake of air into the crankcase of the engine, its work will not change much, the engine power will drop slightly, its maximum speed will increase, and it will be able to heat up a little more. In the middle stages of air leakage, the engine will stop idling and will get very hot during operation. Strong air suction, will make it impossible for the saw to work, it will start and immediately stall.
In parallel with the visible manifestations of malfunctions, for example, the inoperability of the chainsaw after starting, inside the engine at the time of its malfunctioning, processes will take place that irreversibly lead the saw to the most serious consequences, for example, the piston melting, crankshaft jamming.
Malfunctions leading to improper operation of the chainsaw
There are a number of faults that must be taken into account when diagnosing, since they can lead to interruptions in the operation of the saw.
- Worn crankshaft bearings. With worn out crankshaft bearings, runout is inevitable on the main shaft, where the flywheel is attached. In such a situation, it is impossible to adjust the gap between the flywheel and the ignition coil, which entails interruptions in sparking, and unstable operation of the chainsaw.
- Impulse channel contamination. The impulse channel serves to ensure the operation of the fuel pump, respectively, its contamination leads to improper operation of the pump, which will make it impossible for the saw to work (it will start and immediately stall).
- CPG wear. As a rule, with increased wear of the CPG, there is a decrease in compression in the engine of the chainsaw, which will necessarily affect its ability to develop speed.
- Dirty fuel and air filters.
At high revs
When the scythe stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cap;
- the carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising from the operation of the mechanism;
- problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- suction of atmospheric air;
- the fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Adjust the carburetor referring to the trimmer operating instructions. For adjustment, it is often enough to loosen the tightening of its housing. If there are problematic points with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
What could have broken
Problems with the petrol brush, due to the fact that this device does not start, are classified in a certain way by service specialists. They highlight faults with the following components of the mechanism:
- an engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- the fuel supply system, while the filter may be clogged or problems with the carburetor;
- mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- ignition circuit.
HOW TO FIX A WEEDEATER THAT BOGS DOWN, WON’T REV UP, KILLS
To correctly determine the node where the breakdown occurred, you need to pay attention to the circumstances under which the trimmer stalls.
At idle, common reasons for stopping the trimmer are as follows:
- contamination, misalignment or incorrectly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- clogged air filter;
Replacing the air filter of brushcutters
Trimmer air filter
- reducing the speed of the gearbox when it heats up, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- clogged throttle;
- air ingress into the system;
- not enough fuel to operate the petrol cutter.
If the problem area is the carburetor, then the equipment will stop at both “cold” and “hot” start.
The brushcutter often stops when it heats up. At the same time, it starts up, works “jerky” and gradually stops. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils or the damper is installed in a rotary rather than disc type. In the latter case, the part is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if the ignition circuit wire or coil is damaged. In order for the device to start working normally, replace parts.
When you hit the gas
If, when you press the gas, the petrol cutter stops, then the reasons may be as follows.
- The most common option is carburetor adjustment failure, which occurs when the drive is under heavy load, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism, or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which is eliminated by loosening it, as a result of which gasoline begins to flow normally through the system.
- Loosening and drooping of the cable in the carburetor. The fuel hose may also be stretched to the point of rupture due to significant stress.
- Clogged breather (check valve), as a result of which fuel does not enter the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, then it can be recognized by the appearance of vibrations of the brushcutter. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched, these components are replaced.
Why does the petrol trimmer stall
A scythe with a gasoline drive is a useful thing for owners of home gardens, lawns, and when the trimmer suddenly stalls, the work to clear the area from grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdown. The most common malfunctions are contained in the operating instructions. You should know the reasons why the trimmer stalls in order to effectively repair the device yourself.
Immediately after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is misaligned or incorrectly adjusted. this causes an uneven fuel supply. The result is that the device vibrates distinctly. For troubleshooting, the carburetor is reconfigured, following the instructions for the mechanism.
Also, the engine stops when the fuel supply valve becomes clogged. In such cases, it is sufficient to simply clean it. If the brushcutter first started working, but then immediately stalled, then it is possible that the fuel enters the carburetor unit with some difficulty. The weakening of the valve helps to solve the issue, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
The stoppage can also be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that takes the fuel. In this case, add more revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
When the air damper is opened
It happens that the unit stalls when the air damper is opened, normally idling. This is due to air leaks in the system, caused by cracks in the fuel hose or problems with the oil seals. The carburetor dosing system may also malfunction, while the brushcutter will stop after opening the damper.
Fuel hose in carburetor
All possible reasons that the petrol brush stalls, and how to eliminate them, are contained in the following video
There are many reasons for stopping the brushcutter, but the most common malfunctions associated with its carburetor. They can arise in any case. The most problematic option is when a serious breakdown occurs, and you need to purchase new parts or change the petrol cutter.
In order for the trimmer to work normally for a long time, you must strictly follow the instructions for use. It is necessary to fill the unit with a suitable fuel mixture, the unit should operate at moderate load.
Filling the mixture when the mechanism is running
Also, the cause of a breakdown can be the direct filling of the mixture with a candle at the moment when the mechanism is started. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to unscrew and dry the candle, but remember that it should never be ignited. Excess fuel must be drained through the hole (plug), wait 20-30 minutes, then put it back in place and try to start the tool again.
Silencer as the cause of the saw stalling under load
Here’s another reason why the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas. the muffler. It is this part that can interfere with the full operation of the tool in cases where it is contaminated directly with exhaust resinous deposits. To do this, you just need to clean it.
First of all, what you should remember when purchasing this kind of tool is that certain parts of the saw must be replaced with new ones after their service life (passport) has expired. It is for this reason that the instruction should always be at your fingertips, since everything is described in a detailed way there.
Parts of this kind include: an asterisk (leading), a bus, a part of a system (anti-vibration), and a chain. Since you should not forget that if this “filling” is not changed to a new one at the right time, then these worn-out parts will negatively affect the rest of the chainsaw. It is for this reason that you frequently check the depth of the direct toothing. Remember that it should not be higher than a week 0.5 mm.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you give the gas when pressed, and does not start under load at idle
There are often cases when the owners of chainsaws are faced with their breakdown and it does not matter at all what model of this kind of equipment, since the nature of the breakdowns is almost the same for everyone. Well, the chainsaw stalled, and what next? Undoubtedly, you can refer the equipment to specialized services that will repair your “iron friend” for a fee. But as the saying goes: why pay more?
After all, you can personally disassemble the tool and repair it, since the breakdown may be insignificant, and in the service you will pay a lot for this. But naturally, in order to bring the instrument back to life yourself, you need to be able to understand the reasons for its breakdown and how to troubleshoot it. So let’s learn! In this article, you can find answers to questions regarding situations when the instrument simply stalls after directly pressing the gas. So let’s get started.
Why does the chainsaw immediately stall and jam when the gas is pressed
Chainsaws are fairly reliable and uncomplicated designs. Therefore, if you properly care for them and handle them based on the manufacturer’s recommendations, then they fail well, very rarely and various kinds of breakdowns are quickly eliminated. But if you are faced with this situation and want to personally repair your tool without resorting to the help of professionals, then delve into the information provided below.
In fact, it is unambiguously and precisely impossible to determine the reason why the tool does not start or stalls when you press the gas, since there are a lot of factors affecting this. But do not forget that, starting from the fact that the chainsaw is equipped with a simple two-stroke engine, conditions such as lubrication, fuel, spark and air are important for its effective performance.
Consequently, the carburetor is directly involved in the preparation of the fuel-air mixture, the filter cleans the air from dust, the ignition unit and the spark plug create a spark, and there is lubricant in the gasoline.
That is why it is necessary to search for the causes of this kind of breakdown in a sequential order, starting directly from the simple ones and gradually moving on to the complex ones. And this is an important factor in the correct repair, since the person who, without thinking, begins to disassemble the carburetor, brings it to risk. Since this kind of unit must be repaired or adjusted directly in special workshops (read about adjusting the carburetor).
An important fact is that for the trouble-free operation of the tool, it is necessary to be careful enough directly to the fuel. Since if this kind of mixture is not prepared correctly, then most chainsaws will simply not start. Consequently, not every owner will guess to look for the cause of the breakdown in the fuel. That is why, in order for your tool to always work correctly, you need to use exclusively high-quality gasoline for the mixture.
And also use only the oil that is made by the manufacturer of your tool. In addition, it is important to prepare this kind of mixture in the amount that you definitely use in one or two weeks, but not more (see the proportion of gasoline and oil for a chainsaw).
Otherwise, overexposing the mixture directly in the canister will lead to the fact that it will lose all its octane properties and this will lead to significant problems with the instrument.
Quite often, the partner’s chainsaw stalls when pressed and the reason for this is the cylinder-piston group. Since by examining them, namely the piston and cylinder, you can easily determine the cause of the malfunction of the tool, by directly replacing them. You can also make a direct boring of the cylinder itself relative to the size of the new piston.
But if after inspection you find that there is no damage on both the piston and the cylinder, then the reason may lie directly in the rings (piston). For this kind of check, it is necessary to insert a piston into the cylinder and gently start wiggling it by means of a connecting rod. If suddenly you feel a play, then the rings need to be replaced, since they have already worn out.
Why does a chainsaw stall under load
Sometimes the saw will not function properly under load. This is most often caused by improper adjustment or leaks in the carburetor. In addition, air leaks through the carburetor gasket or crankshaft oil seals may be the cause of this problem. A tool that is unable to function under load also cannot maintain idle speed reliably.
Diagnostics begins with checking the carburetor and crankcase for leaks. If air leaks through the crankshaft oil seals, they must be replaced. If air leakage in the carburetor is detected, the installation of a repair kit of gaskets is required to solve the problem.
If these actions did not lead to the desired result and the crankcase with the carburetor is tight, then the carburetor needs to be adjusted.
If the Husqvarna chainsaw stalls under load, then for any deviations in the functioning of the motor, you should first of all check the impulse hose, since this is the most common reason for the breakdown of chainsaws of this brand.
Checking the main systems of the chainsaw
If the chainsaw refuses to work properly, you need to make sure that all the conditions required for its normal operation are provided:
Then it is necessary to sequentially check the functioning of all its elements. First you need to check the fuel tank. If the cause is not volume and quality of fuel, then spark plugs may be the likely cause of the problem. The gap at the candle should not exceed 0.5 millimeters. If it is too small, it means that carbon deposits have been deposited on the candles. In this case, remove the candles, clean them, then reinstall and try to start the chainsaw. In addition, it is advisable from time to time to completely replace the candles with new ones, even if they are in good condition.
Then you need to check the condition of the fuel filter and carburetor. Self-cleaning of the fuel filter is a simple task, but it is best to entrust the repair of the carburetor to specialists.
Why the chainsaw stalls, the main reasons.
Why does a chainsaw stall when heated
It often happens that the chainsaw starts up on a cold one, but stalls during the heating process. This behavior of the tool can be caused by the following reasons:
- The carburetor is incorrectly set. This problem can be identified by how the device is started up on a cold one. If it is performed without closing the air damper, and the engine starts without a preliminary flash, this means that after heating the engine, the fuel fills the candle. The solution to this problem is to adjust the carburetor. Details on carburetor adjustment
- Coil (ignition module) malfunction. This problem can be identified by sequentially checking the spark, first on a cold, and then on a hot motor. If there is no spark on a hot engine, then you need to replace the ignition coil.
- Defective spark plug. In this situation, as in the case of a malfunction of the ignition module, the spark disappears when the engine heats up. It is necessary to replace the spark plug with a new one, and if this does not lead to a solution to the problem, then the ignition module and the distance between it and the flywheel should be checked.
The chainsaw starts and stalls. the reason
If the chainsaw starts and stalls at the first attempts to do the job, then the reason may be problems with the chain brake or its jamming due to lack of lubrication. In this case, the oil level is measured. If the amount of lubricant is sufficient, then the cause may be in the tube that leads it to the lubricating mechanism.
Another reason may be a broken carburetor. If he only needs adjustment, it can be done independently in accordance with the instructions. If the carburetor needs cleaning or repair, then you cannot do without the help of professionals.
Another possible cause of this malfunction is a low fuel level in the tank. In this case, the saw stalls when tilted, since the remaining fuel mixture ends up in the part of the tank opposite to the place where the suction tube is located.
The main causes of chainsaw breakdown
Although the chainsaw is a simple device, from time to time, problems arise in its operation, which can only be eliminated by disassembly. The following malfunctions can be cited as examples:
- the chainsaw is not picking up speed;
- the chainsaw stops functioning in the cut;
- the chainsaw starts and stalls;
- the chainsaw loses its power;
- the chainsaw stalls when pressed.
Most often, malfunctions are associated with interruptions in the functioning of the motor, as well as with malfunctions of other systems and components. Proper handling of this technique is essential. When all the rules of use are followed, problems are likely to lie in the most obvious. When looking for the causes of problems, it is advisable to start by checking the simplest part of the chain saw and finish the most difficult.
Why the chainsaw doesn’t pick up speed and stalls
If the saw cannot gain speed or stalls when you press the gas, then most likely this is caused not by the tightness of the carburetor or motor crankcase. This problem is eliminated by checking for leaks and adjusting the carburetor.
In addition, this malfunction may be associated with a defect in the fuel tank breather. Due to the formation of a vacuum in the fuel tank during the operation of the chain saw, the required volume of the fuel mixture does not enter the engine, as a result of which it cannot gain speed or stalls. If you stop the chain saw, open and close the fuel tank and turn it on again, it will work normally for about five minutes, and then it will stop picking up speed again or stall.
Another possible reason that the chain saw is not able to pick up speed may be excess carbon deposits in the muffler, which makes it difficult for the exhaust gases to escape, which reduces the power and engine speed.
What to do if the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas
One of the most common questions regarding the operation of this device: why does the chainsaw stall when you press the gas and what should be done to solve this problem? In such a situation, you need to do the following:
- check the fuel filter;
- inspect the fuel hoses for leaks;
- check the muffler;
- try to increase the speed a little;
- check the condition of the rubber seals on the crankshaft.
Why does it happen?
In fact, there can be several reasons why the engine stops working after pressing the accelerator pedal. The good news is that in each case there are special symptoms. the breakdown is very easy to identify. If a situation arises when the car stalls after pressing the gas, it is important to understand the essence of what is happening.
Why does the car stall when you press the gas?
Many mechanisms and systems are involved in modern engines. All elements are closely related to each other. If one mechanism fails, then the operation of the motor is significantly affected. Hence the feeling that one detail can lead to serious problems in the engine. One of these problems is that the car stalls when you press the gas pedal. Let’s try to figure out why this is happening.
Engine stalls regularly
If the car stalls when you press the gas every time, then the cause of this problem may be the throttle position sensor. The main task of this element is to measure how the driver presses the gas pedal and at what angle to open the throttle at a particular moment. Further, the sensor sends data to the engine ECU, where calculations of the amount of fuel are carried out.
Problems in electronics
In a modern car, all processes that occur in the engine are controlled by a special computer ECU. This system independently selects the optimal modes and the ratio of gasoline and air in the fuel mixture according to certain programs.
The fuel filter is also of great importance.
How to check?
It is not difficult to diagnose this trouble. just pay attention to whether the problem will recur on a hot engine on a dry day. If such weather is not promised and forecasters make a pessimistic forecast, then you can put the car in the garage and after some time check whether the car stalls when you press the gas pedal or not.
The engine stalls only in the morning or in high humidity conditions
If this problem occurs only early in the morning, when the engine is still completely cold or when it is raining, then the moisture that has got on the ignition distributor cover is to blame. This happens due to the fact that when it rains, condensation forms inside the cover. The shape of this very cover can be such that a misfire occurs due to condensation. As a result, the electric current simply cannot reach the spark plugs. The problem is that when the engine is idling, the misfire may not be noticeable. When the driver presses the accelerator pedal, the distributor runs much faster and more current flows through it. In humid conditions this greatly increases the risk of misfire. The power unit can easily stall in such conditions due to the lack of a spark.