Trimmer Does Not Start Candle Dry
Petrol trimmer won’t start? Reasons and solutions on the example of Elitech T750 The gasoline garden trimmer is quite simple tool at first glance, because it contains a minimum number of components and is easy to use. But
Petrol trimmer won’t start? Elitech T750 Reasons and Solutions
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool, it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could be avoided. But since this happened, the gasoline trimmer will not start, then we must look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will look at the main reasons why the trimmer does not start on the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as give general recommendations for using such a tool.
You should start with the banal! Let’s figure out how to properly start the gasoline trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trim bar to the “I” position. This means turning on the power. Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the fuel “suction” button (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel delivery lever to its original position. Finally, pull the starter handle sharply towards you. The trimmer should work. Try it several times if it doesn’t work the first time. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gasoline trimmer does not start, then you should first inspect it yourself before you take it to the service center. There are two main reasons your garden trimmer won’t start:
- Disruption of the power supply circuit.
- No fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. This is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of the safety measures, making sure that the trimmer is disabled. We bring the above described toggle switch to the “STOP” position.
- Then remove the rubber cover from the spark plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special spark plug wrench, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the above procedure for starting the trimmer.
The second reason the garden tool does not work is that the fuel has run out. On the Elinech T750, the fuel tank is located near the engine, but on most trimmers it is located there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal version of AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special oil for engines to the tank, 50 grams is enough for the gas tank, without it the engine will start to “sneeze” and will quickly become unusable. Then we close the tank with a cap, wipe the trimmer surface and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the petrol trimmer still won’t start, then it makes sense to have it repaired. And the reason for this decision is simple. If you do not have the appropriate skills, equipment repair is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and not to have such problems, you should first of all read the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the engine running time at the trimmer. Take a short break every 15 minutes of work and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the service life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gasoline trimmer does not start.
36,587 total views, 5 views today
Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
The fuel mixture must be prepared with the exact proportions of gasoline and oil. In this case, you cannot use another brand of fuel. To exclude the ingress of dirt, gasoline must settle in glass or metal containers for 2 days. Do not use plastic utensils for storing fuel. Measure oil accurately with a medical syringe without a needle. Use only freshly prepared mixture, do not leave unused fuel in the tank. If the engine is naughty, the lawn mower stalls, when you press the gas, the fuel may be to blame.
Checking the ignition system, if the lawn mower does not start, is carried out sequentially:
- Clean the removed candle from carbon and dirt, dry it, set a gap of 1 mm;
- Connect to a high-voltage wire and check for a spark by pulling the starter several times;
- In the absence of a spark, check the high-voltage wire for integrity;
- Replace the candle;
- Dry the candle channel;
- At the same time the operation of the ignition coil is checked, it is faulty if the working plug does not spark.
It is in the event of a malfunction of the ignition coil that the lawn mower does not start up hot, stalls, and works intermittently.
Cleaning or replacing the air and fuel filter will ensure the proper consumption of ingredients entering the carburetor. The air filter can be washed in soapy water or replaced. If nylon fabric is used, it is washed, the porous felt filler is replaced. Change the fuel filter carefully without leaving the intake manifold open. Whether it is necessary to replace the air filter can be determined if the engine starts with the air cleaner removed. Whether it is necessary to change the grid on the fuel supply if the lawn mower does not start, a dry candle will tell you.
Breather, gas tank air inlet. If it becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank and the mixture does not enter the carburetor. The hole can be blown out with air or cleaned with a needle. Clean the exhaust duct, remove the anti-spark screen for the muffler.
All the reasons why the lawn mower does not start can be classified according to the specifics of the operation of individual units. In the service center, faults are classified:
- Engine malfunction (piston wear, bearing malfunction, crankcase crack);
- Malfunction of the fuel mixture supply. Clogged pores of the air filter or carburetor malfunction;
- The ignition system does not work;
- A mechanical malfunction. Leaking hoses, broken wires under the braid, ruptured pipes.
The user first needs to check if there is fuel in the tank. Start up in accordance with the instructions, with the saw on its side. Set the air damper to the “closed” position, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks with the starter. If the engine is running, open the air damper. The lawn mower does not start. Repeat the operations with the air damper slightly open.
If the launch fails, we start looking for the reason for the failure:
- Check fuel quality;
- Make sure that the candle is working and the candle channel is clean;
- Check the cleanliness of the air filter;
- Make sure the fuel filter is not clogged;
- Check the cleanliness of the breather;
- Clean the outlet.
Complex reasons will be found during the diagnosis of malfunctions leading to overhaul of the carburetor. Such reasons include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear of the gasket on it and a violation of the tightness of the internal halls with a loss of vacuum. Do-it-yourself lawn mowers repair, if it won’t start, will take patience.
How not to get confused if the lawn mower won’t start
The tool, despite its small dimensions, is a complex technical device. If you study the operating instructions, it turns out that the reasons why the lawn mower does not start are known and removable. It is necessary to consistently eliminate factors that make it difficult to start the tool. Usually start with more accessible nodes with an easy health check.
How to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mower does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Outlet channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, “gentle” branded lawn mowers do not start and stall due to a dirty breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines can be disrupted due to dirt entering the exhaust channel or a clogged silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gasoline streamer, check the presence and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its amount based on real needs. Excess gasoline left over after work loses its quality over time.
How to find a breakdown. Symptoms
Despite the fact that the gasoline trimmer is a complex device, some breakdowns can be found and easily fixed without the help of a service center or a technician.
Here are some ways to diagnose a breakdown at home:
- First, check the spark, as without it there will be no ignition. If there is no spark, then the problem is in the spark plug, or in the ignition itself;
- Also, if the plug is dry, then fuel supply repair or carburetor cleaning is probably needed;
- If the spark plug is filled with fuel, wipe it dry and try to start the tool again;
- If everything is in order, but the tool does not work, then the problem is most likely in the engine. If you do not know how to fix this part of the tool, then it is better to take the gasoline trimmer to the service.
Of course, we all want to save money on the services of a master, but do not forget that they take money for their unique knowledge and experience, which allows them to fix the trimmer with a 100% guarantee.
In order to wonder as rarely as possible how to repair the engine, carburetor or gasoline trimmer gearbox with your own hands, do not purchase rare models, because it will be extremely difficult to find parts for them, and from official dealers do not always correspond to the possibilities of buyers. If you are a beginner in working with complex technical products, it is better to contact the service department for help. Self-tuning the carburetor, for example, can further lead to the combustion of the entire piston system. In addition, some parts cannot be repaired at all, and the whole unit is subject to replacement; in this case, hand-made repairs will not make sense. Also, do not rush to open the tool case if it is under warranty.
To help, we can suggest that you contact the services of a trimmer repairman, who can be found on one of the sites, for example, profi.Ru. Link (don’t forget to choose your city). At least if the repair of the tool is carried out by a master, you can be sure of the result.
Causes of breakdowns and repair methods
If, for example, the tool stalls right after the factory or does not start at all, then pay attention to the ignition system:
- Remove the candle. If there are traces of a gasoline-oil mixture on it, then problem caused by carburetor adjustment. Violation of the cold start rules in the form of pumping fuel also leads to the throwing of the spark plug, and the poor quality of the gasoline used leaves a thick layer of black carbon. In these cases, this part will need to be replaced. If the spark plug is dry, then the malfunction is related to the fuel supply.
- The accumulation of dirt in the gas tank leads to clogged supply hose. Disconnect it. If the fuel does not flow, then the fault is a clogged filter or breather, which is cleaned with a needle, but the first one needs to be changed completely from time to time in order to avoid complications. It is advisable to do this every 3 months.
- In addition, gasoline trimmers often require replacement air filter, because if it gets clogged, the fuel mixture is not enriched enough.
Now a few recommendations that will help you fix the breakage and repair the tool yourself.
The main thing. Fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of plastic dissolved in an aggressive environment do such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will definitely not be able to do without completely sorting out the mechanism. But you will certainly remember forever how to properly store fuel.
What to do when the fuel was definitely normal, there is a spark, but the petrol trimmer will not start? It is possible that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be turned out, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. By the way, it will be quite useful to check the candle itself for performance.
What to do when the petrol trimmers won’t start?
The petrol trimmer is a surprisingly useful tool, with which you can mow not only a miniature front lawn, but also an entire lawn of considerable size. Unfortunately, there is nothing eternal in this world, and therefore you may be faced with the fact that petrol trimmers do not start.
It often happens that users of this kind of cars are trying to “save money” by pouring into the tank not fuel with a normal octane number, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic can for almost a dozen years.
Perform cold starts correctly!
Petrol trimmers often do not start after trying to “put them into operation” after long storage. Launch failures in this case are often caused by incorrect user actions.
If you are faced with this very phenomenon, then during a cold start you need to close the damper, and then pump a small amount of the fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle until you feel resistance, then start the trimmer with sharp and energetic movements.