Trimmer Does Not Start Fills In A Candle Spark Is
complex reasons for lawn mowers failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit. replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, but if the pressure starts to fall, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found, the piston or cylinder should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to the specialists of the service center.
Checking the candlestick channel and candlestick
When the lawnmower won’t start by pouring a candle, it’s easy to determine the cause. Most often, a spark can disappear after winter. For repairs, you will need to use a candle wrench, as well as a spare candle (any motorist has it). Malfunction of lawn mowers and their elimination with your own hands will not cause much trouble.
- The candle must be removed and wiped.
- Excess fuel must be drained through the plug hole, dried together with the plug.
- An old candle must be cleaned of dirt using a nail file or a file.
- Gap is set at 1 mm intervals.
- Everything returns to its place, you can try to start the Patriot.
There are also more complex causes of breakdown:
- Clogged nozzles or channels.
- Worn carburetor gasket.
- Leakage violation.
Thanks to the above information, there should be no difficulties with how to properly start a lawn mower and repair it yourself. If problems are identified, do not delay repairing the gasoline trimmer, this can lead to the formation of more serious disruptions in the operation of important segments.
Caring for the personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mower does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. To correctly diagnose the problem, the owner of a useful unit in the country needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
Malfunctioning electrical trimmers
Since the device of an electric mower is much simpler than a motor trimmer, there are few reasons for its failure.
Basically, the trimmer stops working normally in the following cases:
- Faulty electrical cable;
- The control button is faulty;
- Burnt out motor stator winding;
- Breakage of contact connections on the engine.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls when started, then a flooded spark plug may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary candle wrench is suitable (every motorist probably has) and a spare candle.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the lawn mower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, a reason such as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire should be ruled out. If the connection is of good quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but is sold as a single unit.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gasoline streamer, check the presence and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and “do not be clever” in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its amount based on real needs. Excess gasoline left over after work loses its quality over time.
The reason that the trimmer has significantly lost power, and when trying to increase engine speed, it picks up slowly, is often a clogged exhaust channel through which exhaust gases come out of the combustion chamber.
It is necessary to remove the muffler so that no fumes get inside the cylinder. Next, clean the exhaust channel from carbon deposits.
After this procedure, the weak power of the unit and a slow increase in the speed of rotation of the mowing head will no longer upset you.
How to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mower does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Breakage of petrol trimmers
Typical breakdowns of a gasoline trimmer, which the owners of this unit most often encounter, are as follows:
- Engine breakdown;
- Carburetor problems;
- Fuel supply problems;
- Muffler malfunction;
- Gearbox breakage;
- The starter has broken;
- Air filter problems;
- Gas tank breather clogged.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, “gentle” branded lawn mowers will not start and stall due to a dirty breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, preventing the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines may be impaired due to dirt entering the exhaust duct or clogging of the muffler mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.