Trimmer Won’T Start Petrol Cause No Spark
Trimmers are reliable and durable (provided they are properly maintained, of course). Most often, malfunctions occur due to contamination of structural elements.
If the motor of your lawn mower does not start, does not pick up speed, does not reach the power you need, or suddenly stalls, the reason may be:
- Low-quality fuel (fuel mixture), it may be in long-term storage or in non-compliance with the recipe for preparing the mixture;
- Grass is wrapped around the shaft of the fishing line / knife;
- Clogged air filter / muffler;
- Unbalanced carburetor.
The first three reasons are fairly easy to eliminate. If the matter is in the mixture, you need to pour out the old fuel from the tank, prepare a new emulsion from high-quality gasoline and engine oil (if your engine needs a mixture) and pour it into the fuel tank. If the trimmer is running on pure gasoline, it’s still easier.
In the second case, it is necessary to carefully free the trimmer parts from the wound grass.
The last reason a lawn mower doesn’t work properly will require a little more knowledge and skill from you.
To properly adjust the carburetor for lawn mowers, a specific procedure must be followed. First, clean the air filter thoroughly. The easiest way is to rinse it (it is advisable to pour water over the filter regularly after 9-10 hours of operation).
After that, in the diagram of your trimmer, which is in the operating instructions for the device, find the adjustment screws. Usually there are three of them: the first is responsible for the fuel supply, the second is for idling, and the third is designed to limit the number of maximum engine speed.
Next, turn on the unit and wait for the engine to warm up.
Tighten the first adjusting screw (fuel mixture) slowly. Catch the moment when the motor starts to stall and turn the propeller back 45 degrees. If you didn’t have time and the motor stalled, the screw should be turned 90 degrees. Open the throttle and watch the revs increase. Next, slowly unscrew the screw (each turn is the same 45 degrees) until the moment when, at full throttle, the engine begins to firmly give out maximum revolutions.
The second screw, as mentioned above, controls the engine idle speed. By loosening it, you decrease the number of revolutions, while twisting it, you increase it. The screw needs to be adjusted so that the motor runs reliably at low revs. Speed up engine slightly for better starting. At the same time, make sure that the motor rotates several tens of times before starting the movement of the knives / line reel. If the engine starts poorly, tighten the screw a little.
After you have adjusted the first two screws, test the operation of the unit at maximum engine speed. If necessary, you can limit it (maximum). This will protect the motor from “boiling”. To do this, you need to tackle the third screw. Unscrew the locking nut until the adjusting screw can be safely turned. To increase the maximum number of revolutions, the screw must be loosened, to decrease. On the contrary, tighten. Fix the position of the screw with a nut. Test the motor again.
Remember that carburetor adjustment is not a final procedure. During the operation of lawn mowers, you will most likely have to tinker with it more than once, because an unbalanced carburetor means both increased fuel consumption and a quick failure of the candles, not to mention a decrease in the power and performance of the device.
The gasoline trimmer is not gaining momentum: the reasons and features of repair
It is not necessary to purchase an expensive and bulky lawn mower to cut grass on a small lawn; it can be easily replaced by a gasoline / electric trimmer. The device of these machines is quite simple, they are easy to use and unpretentious in maintenance. But sometimes problems do occur. One of them. When the trimmer does not develop the maximum number of revolutions. Will be discussed in this article.
- If you are unable to tighten / loosen the adjusting screws properly, it may be that the spring is too thick and stiff. Then you can choose instead of her a more suitable.
- If your unit does not need pure gasoline, but its mixture with engine oil, strictly observe the proportions specified in the operating instructions. There is one little thing: the recommended ratio is 1: 25 (for all brands of oil) or 1: 50 (for “native” oils). Try the first ratio first. If, with such a recipe, oil drips appear on the motor, and a strong carbon deposit forms on the candle, reduce the proportion of oil by half. This usually helps to fade traces and reduce the amount of carbon deposits.
- To clean the spark plug electrodes from combustion products, you can use fine-grained “sandpaper”. Wipe them with a dry cloth first and then gently sand them with sandpaper. If the space between the body of the device and the insulator is also clogged, a regular unbent paper clip can help clean it. To do this, briefly soak the candle in diesel fuel, and then scrape off the dirt. If the blockage is small, one procedure is sufficient. Sometimes it is necessary to repeat it several times in case of heavy dirt. After complete cleaning, the candle must be wiped dry from the remaining diesel fuel, and then it can be used as directed.
- Please note that foreign-made lawn mowers (gasoline, electric or battery) require a little more maintenance than domestic ones. In particular, many strongly recommend entrusting the adjustment of the carburetor of a two-stroke engine to professionals, especially if your purchase has not expired the warranty period.
- And finally, one more tip: follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations for the operation and maintenance of the device. This will prolong its smooth operation.
You will learn more about what to do if the petrol trimmer is not picking up speed.
Self-repair of breakdowns
Diesel chiller is sometimes difficult to start up after purchase. Cause. Trapped air in the fuel supply system.
The following steps are taken:
- Air locks are available. The diesel supply valve opens and the fuel supply channel connections are untwisted;
- Nozzles are blown out.
The tiller starts poorly even in the absence of fuel in the combustion chamber. In this case, the candle is absolutely dry.
Such damage is eliminated as follows:
- Old fuel is drained;
- The gas tank is thoroughly washed;
- The air filter is cleared of blockages;
- The fuel supply hose is blown out;
- The carburetor jets are purged;
- The tank is filled with fresh fuel;
- The fuel cock is closed;
- The airway in the gas tank is blown.
For a repeated manual start, fuel is pumped up. You need to press the primer of the fuel pump a couple of times. After starting the engine, it takes time to warm up. After that, you can start full-fledged operation of the tiller.
The combustion engine will start after performing the following steps:
- The fuel mixture is being prepared;
- Fuel is supplied to the cylinder;
- The mixture ignites;
- Exhaust gases released.
The cause of the breakdown may be in the intake and exhaust valves. If they do not fit tightly to the seats, they are adjusted by turning the screw clockwise.
To prevent the problem with incorrect operation of the tiller, it is necessary to regularly clean the walls of the muffler from the accumulated carbon deposits. Compressed air is used for this purpose.
Why not turn on the tiller?
Tiller repair will be successful if you correctly diagnose motor vehicles.
The reasons for the breakdown of the unit are very different:
- The hole in the gas tank is clogged;
- Fuel passages clogged with debris;
- The air filter blocks the entry of clogged air;
- Broken carburetor.
The gasoline and diesel tiller must be carefully prepared for seasonal work. It is important to make sure that all structural elements are in place and securely fastened.
Installed Subaru or other brands of engines may not start after extended periods of inactivity, especially during winter. Incorrect storage conditions of equipment also negatively affect.
The following malfunctions may occur:
- Contacts in the wiring are oxidized;
- Water has entered the oil or fuel;
- The integrity of the wire insulation is broken;
- Debris has accumulated in the carburetor jets.
Before starting the tiller, you need to look through all the connections in the device nodes, check the integrity and connections of the throttle, reverse and clutch cables. If clamps or twisted cables are found, this must be corrected to start the unit.
It is necessary to check the amount of oil in the crankcase. Lack of lubrication can negatively affect the piston group. Diesel or gasoline tiller may not start if there is not enough oil. On some models, a low level protection is installed, if it is not there, you need to constantly monitor the amount of lubricating fluid.
It is also important to consider the quality of the filled gasoline. The tiller must be filled with the brand recommended by the manufacturer, then the unit will work without interruption. Two-stroke engines run on separately prepared fuel: gasoline and oil. It is important to maintain a strict ratio of substances.
Tiller won’t start, no spark
Modern Tillers are distinguished by their reliability and durability. But they are not immune to malfunctions. Therefore, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the most common unit breakdowns and ways to eliminate them.
No spark on the tiller: troubleshooting options
The most common cause of tiller malfunctions is a malfunction in the ignition system. The problem may be related to the hood, magneto, spark plug, or high-voltage wire of equipment.
If the spark is missing, you need to do the following:
- Check ignition system for blockages. There is often no spark due to water or dirt;
- Check the presence of contact between the main electrode and the candle cap;
- Make sure that all electrodes are intact, there is a gap between them. You can use a special probe. The optimal clearance is 0.8 millimeters;
- Carbon deposits are removed from the insulator and metal parts of the ignition unit;
- The candle is unscrewed and checked for oil stains. Any existing oil stains and thick carbon deposits must be thoroughly cleaned and the plug allowed to dry. It is also necessary to dry the cylinder of the unit by pulling out the starter cable;
- If, after diagnostics, the cause of the malfunction is not identified, a spark plug replacement is required. Such a part has a low price, but it is advisable to give preference to more expensive options. They are distinguished by their reliability and durability.
All the described troubleshooting methods are suitable for tillers of the following brands: Mole, MB-1 and MB-2, Neva, Kaskad, Agro, Zubr, Salyut.
Why the gas generator won’t start?
Over time, even the most reliable and high-quality equipment can malfunction (the gas generator does not start for reasons). The gas generator is not an exception either. There can be many reasons for this.
Most owners begin to panic and seek help from specialists, but in fact, some malfunctions can be fixed on their own, so to speak at home.
In this article, we will tell you what reasons may be due to what not
gasoline power plant starts up, and how can this be dealt with.
There may be several reasons why the gas generator does not start.
So, let’s consider the possible reasons why the gas generator does not start at all, or why when it starts, it immediately “stalls”.
The three main components that keep a carburetor engine running are gasoline, air and spark. You probably already guessed that we need to check these three devices, which are necessary for the engine to work properly.
1. Lack of gasoline in the tank
The owner of a gas generator may incorrectly calculate the required volume of fuel or simply forget to fill the fuel tank.
First, you need to check the path (through which fuel is supplied to the carburetor).
Secondly, the gasoline mixture may be outdated, that is, which has lost its octane properties.
What can be done? Pour fresh mixture into the fuel tank and try to start the generator again.
It is important to remember that there is a tap on the tube under the gas tank. So, you need to carefully monitor that it is open.
3. Fuel hose
Need to check if it is leaking? If it leaks or becomes unusable, replace it.
4. There is no spark.
The generator may not start because there is no spark.
What to do?
First you need to unscrew the candle, check its condition, the presence of a spark, if necessary, replace with a new one.
In the event that the candle is filled with a fuel mixture, it must be unscrewed and dried.
Carbon deposits on the candle. Clean it with an awl or needle, the electrodes can be cleaned with sandpaper. If there is heavy carbon deposits, replace with a new one.
Dry plug. This means that there is a problem with the fuel supply to the cylinder.
If there is a spark and the generator does not start, most likely there is no fuel in the carburetor.
Another reason why there is no spark is the possible sticking of the oil sensor.
If there is no spark, pay attention to the oil level sensor
about the oil sensor and the oil itself.
5. Air filter
The next possible reason why the generator does not start. The air filter may be dirty. An unclean filter prevents the passage of the air required for fuel combustion.
What can be done?
Remove it, rinse or thoroughly clean it, dry it, then reinstall it.
Important to remember! When starting the device, the air damper must be in the “closed” position.
If the engine fails to start, then we check the fuel system.
6. A little about the fuel system
Causes of fuel system malfunctions:
– fuel does not enter the float chamber;
– fuel has lost its properties during a long idle time.
What can be done?
1. You need to find the drain screw on the carburetor float chamber,
2. Then, using a small container, drain some fuel from the float chamber.
3. Make sure that fuel enters the float chamber.
If none of the above helped, then you should contact experienced specialists at our service center by phone: 063 202-90-70 097 023-42-42. Most likely, the cause of the malfunction of your gas generator is in the carburetor, and this is the work of professionals. Our specialists will be able to accurately identify the causes of malfunctions and eliminate them in a short time.
How to follow the startup procedure correctly
1. First you need to turn on the generator using the key or button to the “ON” position;
2. Then open the top tap;
3. Close the choke on the carburetor;
4. It is necessary to abruptly (it is a prerequisite), pull the manual starter or electric starter.
It can be concluded that if you monitor the cleanliness of the air filter and spark plugs, do not start the power plant under load, close the generator air damper, leave the fuel cock open, then these simple rules will allow you to extend the life of your gas generator.
What to do if the used fuel mixture is in good order, but the petrol trimmer still won’t start? The reasons for the failure of the mechanism may lie in the excessive moisture of the candle channel. To diagnose and fix the problem, you must do the following:
- Unscrew the candle. Wipe it thoroughly and then dry it.
- Drain excess fuel in the chamber through the appropriate plug hole.
- Clean the old plug if there is carbon deposits on its surface. To cope with the task will allow the use of a regular ladies’ nail file or a file.
- When installing the element in place, set a gap of 1 mm. To check the parameter, it is enough to place any coin in the gap.
- Assemble the functional block back.
- Try to start the trimmer.
The lawn mower will not start, or will start but stalls. What is the reason?
To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It also happens that, just bought, the new saw does not start, and the running around the service centers begins, in such cases it is recommended:
Carefully read the instruction manual;
study in detail the method of first starting and running in lawn mowers;
try to understand how the product works;
how gasoline is pumped and so on.
Causes of malfunctioning lawn mowers:
The quality of gasoline is poor;
incorrect proportion of gasoline and oil;
clogging of the fine filter;
the spark was gone.
Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
The lawn mower will not start hot. Pull the gas trigger and pull the cord abruptly several times until the engine starts, then pull the trigger. Will not start. Specialized repair required.
Checking the ignition system, if the lawn mower does not start, is carried out sequentially:
- Clean the removed plug from carbon and dirt, dry it, set a gap of 1 mm,
- Connect to the high-voltage wire and check for a spark by pulling the starter several times,
- If there is no spark, check the high-voltage wire for integrity,
- Replace the candle,
- Dry the candle channel,
- At the same time the operation of the ignition coil is checked, it is faulty if the working plug does not spark.
It is in the event of a malfunction of the ignition coil of the lawn mower does not start up hot, stalls, works intermittently.
Breather, gas tank air inlet. If it gets clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank and the mixture does not enter the carburetor. The hole can be blown out with air or cleaned with a needle. Clean the exhaust duct, remove the anti-spark screen of the muffler.
Where to start troubleshooting if it does not start trimmer? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth inspecting the following components of the unit:
- Fuel tank;
- Spark plug;
- Fuel and air filter;
- Outlet channel;
It is the breakdown of the above locations that most often leads to the fact that the trimmer does not start well. Let’s look at how to eliminate such troubles.
How not to get confused if the lawn mower does not start. Trimmer will not start hot
Topic for Large Models in Category Car models; The question is: it’s normal for a cold start, warming up, etc. Is normal, but it’s worth drowning out and after 5 minutes you won’t start.