Universal hitch for power tiller with his own hands
Universal coupling for the motor-block with their own hands
Universal coupling is suitable for most models of power tillers, it ensures coupling with attached or trailed equipment without backlash. It is quite simple to make a coupling device, the main thing is to determine the tasks that it should solve, choose drawings and high-quality materials that ensure the strength of the node.
Coupling with a U-shaped trailer will fit most power tillers. The main point in making a hitch is to match the size of the coupling brackets of the power tiller and hitch. The peculiarity of the device with a bracket is that the attached equipment, which is aggregated with its help with the motoblock, takes a position a few centimeters below the bracket itself, so it should not be at the level of the cultivated ground.
You can find a lot of videos on the Internet, in which owners of power tillers talk about the nuances of working with attachments, including how to make a hitch.
What must be taken into account?
For proper selection of materials, making the plow itself, elements of its attachment to the cultivator, it is necessary to understand the principles of operation of devices, to know their basic parameters.
It turns over the top layer of soil when it’s fed into the ground. Plowing removes weeds from the soil and damages their root system. The soil is loosened, making the sowing of cultivated plants efficient and increasing germination.
The power tiller is driven by the rotation of the rotating cutter. This method is not suitable for towing a plow. Cutters can be replaced with metal wheels with grousers. In order to increase traction of wheels with soil additional weights can be placed inside wheels.
No special modifications are required, but the node is originally designed to work with the cutter. Feeding speed may be excessive for the plow, and the wheels may turn (slipping). It is useful in this case, installing idler. a pulley with a larger diameter on the crankshaft of the engine.
The hitch is used to connect the platform of the cultivator with a plow, a dipter, a potato plow. Products are unified for different models of the same manufacturer.
To increase stability of the machine, taking into account the peculiarities of the land sometimes you need to increase the track of the tires, which can be solved by installing extensions of the axle.
When choosing a hitch on a single axle tractor, you should take as a basis the most suitable type of part. There are several types:
- single/double. used with different linkage options depending on what is used and in what quantity;
- reinforced. optimal for heavy units; its distinctive feature is that it is more massive. it has a greater thickness and length, which allows additional equipment to more deeply penetrate the soil;
- Adjustable. provides the ability to change the angle of the shaft, which allows you to adjust the level of attachment and thereby increase the efficiency of work;
- universal coupling. allows aggregation with several models.
If the coupling to the motor-block of the desired design is not available on sale or there are some requests for it, it is not so difficult to make it yourself, because it is a fairly simple device. Some craftsmen who prefer to make many “accessories” for the walking tractor unit with their own hands, make a design of a drawbar for the “pipe-in-pipe” trailer, make it from a cardan shaft, a cross tube, from other improvised parts left from various mechanisms. The owners of such devices note that it is not very difficult to make such a unit, and they share their experiences and drawings of a coupling for a power tiller.
When choosing a hitch on the machine, it is important to take into account the most relevant type of element.
There are several varieties.
- Single and double. for different linkage models. It all depends on which ones are practiced and in which numbers.
- Reinforced. ideal for heavy motorcycles. It is characterized by its more impressive length and thickness, which enables the implement to sink deeper into the ground.
- Adjustable. which has the option of changing the angle of the shaft, through which you can adjust the level of fixation of the attached equipment and thereby increase the productivity of work.
If the coupling device to the necessary modification of motor vehicles are not available on sale or there are individual requirements for it, to create their own forces will not be difficult, because we are talking about a fairly simple mechanism.
Skilful people, who make most of the “accessories” for motor vehicles with their own hands, perform the design of the coupling device for the trailer “pipe in pipe”, from a cross, from a cardan and other handy elements that have survived from a variety of devices. Owners of such devices claim that it is possible to create such a unit without problems, sharing personal experience and drawings of the coupling device on the Internet.
How to make a single-axle tractor hitch with your own hands
Let’s look at how to make a hitch with your own hands. Homemade hitch for power tiller will require buying high-quality metal products, which can be channels, in them you will need to make a few holes. Or fit some car parts (coupling for the trailer can be made from a cardan). If a reinforced hitch is needed, it must be stronger and larger than the usual variety.
Blueprints on the Internet are different, so you need to choose the right one for you. To make a hitch you will also need:
- fasteners (steel studs, bolts);
- A lever that allows you to change the position of the hitch;
- Metal welding to attach the shaft;
- drill and drill bit for metal;
- tape measure or ruler;
- Wrenches to install the screws.
So, the universal coupler for the motor-block includes the following components:
- Two identically sized U-joints, one with 6 holes and the other with 8 holes.
- The body (which will require welding to create), which has 2 threads: M12 and M16 and a connecting element with one of the nodes.
- An adjustment lever, located in the housing and consisting of a screw connected to a bracket and a handle. Bracket must face up or down and must not interfere with machine operation.
To find out how to position the coupler correctly, see the instruction manual for the machine.
The hitch to the single axle tractor is attached with pins, which are installed in the holes made in the assemblies, and they must be of the same quality as the materials from which the hitch itself is made.
Hitch to a power tiller with your own hands is made to attach not only a trailer, but also a plow, and other devices. At the same time it will be possible to adjust it, adjusting it for a certain attachment.
Before starting work, the device should be checked, all bolts should be tightened.
It should be noted that self-made couplings are not difficult to make yourself, but it is better to purchase a unit, picking up the entire set of attachments and additional equipment at once, or at least make sure that such devices exist.
Let’s consider how to pick up a hitch on a single-axle tractor Neva. Now you can buy cultivators from different manufacturers, which differ in weight, size, quality and performance characteristics. Consider a particularly popular among gardeners gardeners single-axle tractor “Neva”, the production of which was launched in St. Petersburg in 2002 at a subsidiary of JSC “Red October”, engaged in the production of aircraft.
Subaru, Briggs Stratton and Honda engines are used in the production of power tillers, which have a longer service life and higher efficiency and contribute to an efficient cultivation of soil. The device has a fairly simple and understandable even when first used, the system of gear shifting. Different kinds of attachments for the Neva power tiller can be easily selected, manufactured for a specific brand.
The factory produces several models of power tillers, dividing them into 2 large groups, differing by gearbox: classic and Multi AGRO.
The main category of users of power tillers are pensioners, so most often purchased one of the inexpensive, but lightweight and high-quality models. MB-B6.5 RS Compact, which weighs only 70 kg, is well suited for processing sandy, loamy soils.
Using additional attachments on the unit, you can easily cope with territory cleaning and cargo transportation even over long distances.
On the single-axle tractor Neva of this model, it is desirable to purchase an additional support wheel, which will be useful when installing on the device grousers, as well as to facilitate the work of loosening the soil due to the fact that it will not allow the power tiller “burrow” into the soil.
Assembling a self-made trailer for a power tiller
Proceeding to the implementation of the project, the master self-maker needs to:
- create a working draft or drawing (drawing);
- prepare the material for the frame and other main assemblies;
- prepare the workplace;
- make a marking of the main elements of the trailer structure;
- make the alignment and alignment corners;
- assemble template parts;
- To carry out the fitting of purchased whole assemblies to the elements of the design.
Required tools and materials
To carry out the work it is necessary to prepare all the necessary tools:
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with a set of cutting and abrasive discs;
- measuring tool. tape measure, metal ruler, protractor, angle, marker and chalk, metal draftsman;
- hammer, chisel, pliers;
- locksmith’s vise, a set of clamps, welding clamps;
- a drill, a set of metal drills;
As the necessary materials will be needed:
- Steel square or rectangular tube 60×60 or 60×30 mm;
- steel square tube 30×30 or 25×25 mm;
- angle 25×25 mm;
- channel bars;
- springs of “Moskvich” car;
- 2 mm thick steel plate;
- Galvanized sheet metal 1 or 0.8 mm thick;
- fasteners, bolts, nuts, rivets.
For the model with a rigid body, instead of a spring-loaded structure of the wheel set on springs, you need an ordinary beam.
The wheels should be chosen immediately with hubs, it will facilitate the further assembly of the self-made machine.
Trailer frame is a fully welded construction in the form of a frame grid made of square tube. Crossbars made of 25×25 mm square form frame crossbars, and longitudinal members are made of 60×60 or 60×30 mm pipe. All structural elements after marking are cut and laid out on a flat surface, the joints are welded with small seams, each joint of the elements is checked with a square. After the structure is assembled, all parts are finally welded together around the perimeter of all planes. The frame is painted after the surface has been treated with metal primer.
The chassis is based on a beam with hubs at the ends. Studs are docked together so that they form a square. The joints are welded with a solid seam. Install and weld wheel hubs on the axle ends.
Thorough assembly of the axle is checked by checking the parallelism of the wheel flats. Use leaf springs to connect frame and chassis, fitting the ends of the leaf springs into brackets welded to the frame and pressing the chassis to the center of the leaf springs using a suspension eye.
The undercarriage mounted on the frame is additionally checked for rollover stability. As in a car, the spring group of the axle should have rubber bushings in the frame mounting bracket.
Body, frame cladding
The platform is measured in relation to the grid, so that the allowance is left for fastening the posts of the boards. The front and side boards are set firmly and the rear board is made detachable on the door hinges.
The sides of the trailer have a frame construction from 25×25 mm angles. The angles are welded butt-welded and the seams on the inside are trimmed to a level with the metal plane.
Removable sides are assembled in the following sequence:
- side frame;
- fit the galvanized iron sheet to the frame;
- the webbing is cut out and fastened with rivets through the corner.
The bottom of the body is made of a sheet of 2-millimeter iron and installed on the frame and welded with a small seam around the perimeter every 3-5 cm.
Installing the boards begins with installing the front board, then install the side boards and weld them together.
Rear wall is fixed last. first hinges are marked and welded, and then locking latches are fixed.
After assembly of the frame and the body you need to install a folding seat. a wooden bench placed on top of the front board with support on the sides.
Power Weeder Attachments. All types. NexGen Faming Machineries
As the braking system of the trailer, it is recommended to use elements of the braking system of the car, the hub and wheels of which are used in the design. For reliable operation of the braking system it is recommended to provide an additional lever lock.
Rules for mounting and operating equipment on a single-axle tractor
To install the hitch, you need to put the hitch on the bar on your power tiller. According to the diagram, all of this should be secured with pins. It is not superfluous to fix the brackets with spacing bolts M12 to 60.
To attach an additional implement to the hitch, you must install the axle to the bracket of the implement stand. And in the hole of this clutch body it is necessary to insert the installed axle. It must have a thread of M16, so that you can screw a screw into it without any problems. After aligning the holes with a bolt and nut, you are ready to work.
When choosing a hitch for a single-axle tractor, it is worth taking as a basis the most suitable type of part. There are several types:
- single/double. used with different hitches depending on what is used and in what quantity;
- reinforced. optimal for heavy aggregates; its distinctive feature is that it is more massive. it has a greater thickness and length, which allows additional equipment more deeply into the ground;
- adjustable. providing the ability to change the angle of the shaft, so you can adjust the level of attachment and thereby increase the efficiency of work;
- universal coupler. allowing aggregation with several models.
If the coupling to the motor-block of the desired design is not available on sale or there are some requests for it, it is not so difficult to make it yourself, because it is a fairly simple device. Some craftsmen who prefer to make many “accessories” for their motor blocks with their own hands, make a “tube-in-tube” hitch design for a motor block trailer, make it from a gimbal, from a cross member, from other improvised parts left over from various mechanisms. The owners of such devices note that to make such a unit is not particularly difficult, and share their experience and drawings of a coupling for a motor-block.
How to make it with your own hands?
In carrying out its functions the hitch for a power tiller will bear heavy loads, which means that it is necessary to observe the recommended strength and dimensional parameters of all the components of the assembly.
Then the following properties of the coupling device will be provided:
- The guarantee of a durable mating with a power tiller;
- attachment to mounted equipment;
- Guarantee of the declared operational properties of the products;
- Acceptable price;
- quality, long service life.
Choosing a modification, you need to check the dimensions, drawbar hitch (towbar) of the tiller and hitch equipment (harrow, trailer, plow and other).
The task of the specialist. to ensure the absolute compatibility of components, ease of use and the ability to quickly adjust the equipment to the specific task.
The main component of multifunctional hitch is the holder of U-shaped configuration. Through the holes on one side it is attached to the machine with pins, and on the other side the stand of the required attachment is fastened to the casing of the machine.
The tools, materials and equipment required
There is a specific set of tools that are needed to create a hitch. Basically, all that is necessary for the assembly of such elements, is available in the economy of each person who cultivates his own plot of land.
You will need the following tools:
- angle grinder;
- Electric drill or drill press;
- Measuring tools: square, tape measure, ruler;
- Welding machine;
- a set of wrenches;
- fasteners (studs, bolts).
It should be noted that in this situation, it is extremely important that the holes to be drilled in the part are exactly the same as the studs and bolts. The gap in diameter is not necessary, because it will reduce the period of the used trailers and canopies.
At the same time, during operation, it is important to first make the smallest holes in the element (from 5 mm diameter), and then drill with larger drills (up to 12-16 mm, according to the diameter of the bolts). Such a method will force and simplify this part of the work, while allowing you to measure the holes very correctly. To create the frame you can use the channel of suitable size, and if it is not available, you can collect the element from an iron sheet.
A modification of the adjustable coupling is very practical. such a design will provide an opportunity to link attachments of different generations, classes and brands. Despite the fact that for the current period such a design is not in demand, it should not be forgotten that in the economy will gradually appear various devices, and the possibility of convenient aggregation of each of them will seriously increase the choice, giving the opportunity to proceed only from the necessary functional features of equipment.
Assembling a motorcycle hitch with your own hands requires the use of drawing materials. There are many different options, but it is better to take as a basis the most suitable and adjust, taking into account the characteristics of their own equipment.
The drawing should reflect the following elements:
- 2 U-shaped parts, equal in all characteristics, but with a different number of holes. in the first 6, in the second 8;
- housing, containing 2 threads with diameters of M12 and M16 and equipped with a mounting structure for fixation with one of the units;
- Adjustment element. a handle placed on the body of the element, its structure includes a screw connected to the holder and for comfort having a handle (it is important to calculate the exact direction of the holder. only up or down and so that it does not interfere in the functioning of motor vehicles).
Because motorcycle equipment under all conditions involves coupling with a hitch, the subtleties of the location of the connection can be found in his present manual.
The step by step guide
To make a multifunctional connection, you need an extremely flat plane. a special work table. The plan for making a hitch for your power tiller is as follows.
- Mark up the cut line on the drawing: trace the contours of the components on the workpiece.
- Use an electric drill or a drill press to make holes to the marks. Make sure that they are correct, using a caliper and a stud (bolt), which will be used to make the fixation. Make a hole with a suitable diameter so there is no play and the fasteners don’t jam.
- Weld joints. Electric arc welding is preferable because it heats the joints without damaging the steel properties.
- Assemble the part. Use bolts to fix the bracket to the channel. If there is an adjustment tool in the construction, secure it as well.
The fasteners for attaching the drawbar to the single axle tractor through the holes in the assemblies must be of the same quality and strength as the drawbar itself.
Secondly, let us remind you that the part is made in order to make the versatility of the power tiller to the utmost. If a hitch is ideally suited to this type of mounting, each hitch or hitched implement such as spreader bar, disc coupler, harrow, plough, trailer, mower of all kinds, potato planter and any other implement can be comfortably and effectively used over a long period of time.
Universal hitch for power tiller with your own hands
The universal coupling fits most models of power tillers and ensures coupling with attachments or trailed equipment without backlash. To make a hitch is quite simple, the main thing is to decide on the tasks that it should solve, choose drawings and high-quality materials that ensure the strength of the node.
U-shaped hitch of a power tiller and trailer is suitable for the majority of power tillers. The main point in creating a hitch is to match the size of the coupling brackets of the power tiller and hitch. The peculiarity of the device with a bracket is that the attached equipment, aggregated with its help with the motoblock, takes a position a few centimeters below the bracket itself, so it should not be at the level of the cultivated ground.
There are a lot of videos on the Internet, in which the owners of power tillers tell about the nuances of working with the attachment, including how to make a hitch.
Coupling to the power tiller with your own hands
U-shaped attachment is the basis of the coupling for the power tiller, so to make it fit perfectly a channel of suitable thickness and size. This mount is located under the handlebar of the power tiller.
When making a hitch mount with your own hands, you need to drill a few holes to fix the bracket and the fastening pin in them. That’s why the holes should be of the right diameter. Pin also needs to be made of high-strength steel.
To attach additional devices to the tiller you will need a bracket. The long end of the bracket must be positioned either down or up, so that there is no interference with the connected equipment. You must buy a special adapter for your power tiller or make one with your own hand.
In making a homemade hitch assembly, we used a standard sample. Often additional attachments are used to the power tiller, with non-standard types of coupling. To connect them to the power tiller, you must either buy a special adapter, or make an adapter with your own hands. These are usually U-shaped brackets.