Vacuum pump with your own hands from a car compressor
How to make a vacuum pump with their own hands. 3 variants of performance in detail
Vacuum pumps are widespread in industry, and in everyday life you sometimes need to evacuate air or non-corrosive liquids. However, we do not use pumping as often as we use pumping, so quite expensive factory samples are not always cost-effective. So you can use what is always at hand, and it is quite possible to make a vacuum pump from an ordinary pump. It does not require any special skills and abilities, just enough to imagine the principle of operation of this product.
To evacuate air you can use an ordinary pump. a car pump or a bicycle pump. The easiest thing to use is exactly
The foot pump will also work, but it will be more difficult to use, because the pump will work on the principle of the piston in a syringe. And if the handle of the manual one will be convenient for you to pull with your hands, then the pedal of the foot one will probably stop lifting with one spring, and you will also have to stretch it manually. By the way, if you need to pump air out of a small volume, the pump can also replace a large syringe. Disassemble the hand pump and find the collar in it, reverse it and reassemble the pump in reverse order. In this way, the inverted collar will ensure that the air is drawn in according to the principle of the piston in the syringe. This method is good if you don’t need a deep vacuum.
A foot pump will also work, but it will be more difficult to use as the remodeled pump will work like a piston in a syringe. And if you can comfortably pull the handle of the manual one with your hands, the pedal of the foot pedal will probably stop lifting with one spring, and you will also have to stretch it by hand.
To further convert the pump to pump air out you will need a non-return valve. It must be installed between the pump and the hose. All joints of the parts must be made, carefully insulated to prevent air from getting in. Use glue, silicone or other insulating material for insulation. Be careful not to let liquid materials get inside parts of the pump and harden there, as this will significantly reduce the pump‘s efficiency.
To further convert the pump to pump air, you will need a check valve. It must be installed between the pump and the hose.
Making a vacuum pump with your own hands can help you save a few thousand. This work does not take you much time, does not require any special skills and can be made almost out of improvised materials. On the Internet there are many variants of making hand pumps for pumping air and liquid, the efficiency of which reaches 80%.
Vacuum pumps are designed to remove air and gases from large volumes, and in the home have found use relatively recently. With their help you can organize the storage of food and things in vacuum packs, pickle meat products, pump out gas and steam, as well as liquid. You can buy such an interesting mechanism, although it is quite expensive, or you can make it yourself. Consider the second option. how to make a vacuum pump with your own hands.
Similar devices in the home are used to create a vacuum in polyethylene packaging for storing food and things. When air is sucked out, the volume of the container is reduced, the shell fits tightly around the product. During such storage the food does not spoil for a long time, and it can be stored for some time without freezing.
When storing clothes or other soft textiles (blankets, pillows, rugs), there is a noticeable tightening, the things become compact, taking up less space. With this type of storage things become inaccessible to moths or mold.
With a vacuum pump you can cover parts of wood, plywood and other building materials with a laminating film.
The vacuum pump is used for the domestic evacuation of gases, steam and liquids, for restoring the tightness of household appliances. And also in split air conditioning systems and brake systems in vehicles.
When assembling the pump, you can use components with 1/4 or 3/8 inch threads. You’ll also need some scraps of angle, bolts and nuts.
What pressure is produced by a compressor removed from a refrigerator
Completely different figures are given by compressors removed from the refrigerator. It all depends on the specific model, but with the proper setup, any of them can provide at least 15 atmospheres during operation. The longer it is on, the more pressure it generates. Some samples assembled with a large receiver, are able to pump up to 50 atmospheres. This will be more than enough for almost any task.
Important! When assembling the pump yourself, be safety conscious. Do only what you are 100 percent sure of, because working with a compressor is a high-pressure job and is therefore associated with increased danger. A blown receiver is capable of crippling an adult and ruining the surroundings.
What is a vacuum pump
The vacuum pump is in principle a fairly simple construction. The principle of its operation is to pump air out of a given volume. Pumping naturally requires a device, which can be analogous to a pump or a regular pump itself. But first, let’s look at the uses of the device in the home.
Powerful industrial vacuum pump models are used in chemical production processes, for pumping large volumes of non-aggressive gases and liquids. Also without a vacuum pump can not do without when molding plastic and polyurethane products. Vacuum containers with a pump of various sizes and capacities are used for this.
Unit: 2/6 | Number of characters: 682
Determining the location of the air intake
After you open the casing you need to look at the pump cylinder and find the air intake. These are the holes through which air enters the cylinder for subsequent injection with the piston into the tires.
Some pump types have a hose fitting or other fitting on their inlet. If this is your pump then you are in luck because you can simply put a hose on the nozzle and start using the vacuum pump.
But in most cases the pumps just have a few small holes (with a filter underneath).
Unfortunately, we can’t just glue the fitting to the holes, as such a connection would not be strong enough, so we need a couple more steps to put everything in its place.
Block: 3/10 | Number of characters: 790
The vacuum pump is made as follows:
- First of all they saw off the upper part of the compressor with a hacksaw.
- Then the motor suspended on springs is extracted from the housing. Tools are not needed here. it is not fixed.
- Connect the copper tubing that is in the housing to the oil-resistant tubing by mating with the “” and “”-“” lines on the motor. Superfluous elements are cut off.
- The opened housing must be provided with a cover. It should be slightly smaller than the sawed-off fragment so that the oil can drain into the container (along its edges). The cover is best made of brass foil, using a soldering iron. Its inner side is equipped with reinforcing ribs, and the outer side is covered with linoleum (for noise insulation).
Important! It is not uncommon to mount a breather plug in the lid. This is an extra means to prevent leaks if the connections between the tubes are not made very carefully.
During the operation of the compressor is sure to lose some of the oil that is thrown into the discharge line for the trimmer as an oil mist. The oil level gauge helps to keep track of the flow rate. It should be placed behind the transparent tube, which is connected to the tank with a hose. The tube can be replaced by the body of a ballpoint pen.
The level gauge is covered with a cap to protect it from dust and allow the air in On the mechanism with their own hands put marks indicating the maximum and minimum oil level. Seal the joint between a tube and a hose with sealant.
Put the ready made structure into the box. Its frame is made of a steel angle of 2.5×2.5 cm. Any sheet material can be used as trim. The door should be installed in the side wall in order to read the level gauge without taking out the vacuum pump from the box. You only need a simple snap fastener to hold it in place.
Conversion of the lip pump
Vacuum pump is used for domestic evacuation of gases, steam and liquids, for restoration of tightness of household appliances. Also in split air-conditioning systems and brake systems in vehicles.
Any rotary joint pump comes in handy for modification, you can even take a bicycle pump. However, the automotive one is still preferred, as there will be less hassle with its conversion.
The sequence of actions to modernize with their own hands looks like this:
- The car pump is spinning.
- Remove the collar and turn it the other way around.
- Then the device is assembled, the only difference is that the collar is reversed.
- At the inlet to the pump, where the hose is screwed, through which air will be pumped, screw the check valve. The valve should work by letting air pass from the tank to the unit, but not back. It can be bought or removed from an aquarium compressor. Blow into it before installing. The side that does not pass air is screwed to the pump, the other is screwed to the tube.
The power of such a mechanism is not enough to obtain deep vacuum conditions, however, for domestic needs will be enough.
Repair at home
All people who have wondered how to create a vacuum at home, and those who have already made their first device, you also need to know how to fix it, because it can break often. Basically, any mechanism or motor can break or start to work badly:
- Incorrect connection of the motor or motor failure. Mostly it happens when the correct motor circuit is connected incorrectly. First check the integrity of the wiring, whether it is well insulated. A test gauge will help. If it lights up when connected, the wiring is intact and that is not the cause. Otherwise, the motor is broken and must be sent in for repair.
- Misalignment between the drive and the shaft. Such complications can usually be solved by installing a gasket under the motor or a pressure element. When this does not give the desired result, you need to look for the problem in the coupling. It could be dislodged. If the situation is confirmed, the part must be replaced.
- Sticking of the motor. This is usually a very common problem. It occurs due to pumping dirty water. In this case, the motor must be disassembled and cleaned.
- Bearing failure. Motor begins to hum and vibrate strongly. The cause is a broken bearing that needs to be replaced.
- Scale build up in the motor. The problem often occurs with water-ring pumps because they operate in a water environment. Repair is accompanied by cleaning with special solutions.
- Overheating of the construction as well as wear and tear of certain parts. The devices break down due to a lack of lubrication. Even materials such as Teflon can not compensate for the necessary lubrication. In order to avoid such damages it is necessary to follow the correct temperature regime. And when the motor overheats, the burned parts have to be replaced.
- Medium leakage. If the construction has reduced capacity, the pressure of the service fluid is checked. It could be caused by leakage. In this case the gasket in the bore must be replaced.
For example, we can take the use of a pump for pumping water from an aquarium. But basically the order of operation will be the same.
To begin with, it is necessary to prepare:
First, the nozzle must be inserted into the opening of the tee. It can be made of suitable pipes. After that, the nipple is inserted into the faucet, which is equipped with a thread, and then you need to pull the hose on it. Its length should not exceed 10 centimeters. to create good pressure.
Next, the pump core is inserted into the second end of the hose. On the back side of the core is connected a hose to drain water into the sewer.
Then the hose is connected to the branch pipe tee, and the end of the hose is connected aquarium siphon. It is not difficult to make such a construction yourself. The main thing. to monitor its condition and the course of work, and if necessary, to fix it in time, replacing worn parts.
The simplest makeshift hand pumps
But the most widespread vacuum pumps are in household plots. Folk craftsmen successfully use the useful properties of creating an airless space in small chambers to water their vegetable gardens. Hand pumps have replaced their electric counterparts, thereby significantly saving the family budget.
For overflowing the liquid
The simplest pump to pump out the water can be assembled from plastic bottles. A valve is needed, which is made from the neck and the cap. You will also need another bottle, a piece of plastic pipe (no more than one meter) and a flexible rubber hose.
Plastic bottle pump Source usamodelkina.ru
- The plastic gasket is removed from the lid.
- Diameter of the latter is reduced by 3 mm, but leave untouched a small ledge (petal).
- In the cover itself in the center drill a hole with a diameter of 8 mm.
- The neck of one of the bottles is cut off.
- The latter is screwed into the prepared cap. Do not forget to install the cut gasket. It should be pressed to the inside of the plug with the leftover petal. The rest of it remains movable.
- The finished valve is put on one end of a plastic pipe of a suitable diameter.
- The upper part is cut off from the second bottle in the form of a funnel.
- It is pushed tightly onto the pipe so that the end with the valve is inside the cone.
- A flexible hose of any length is slipped onto the other end of the tube.
To start the work you need to put the end with the valve in the water, and sharply up and down movements push the liquid into the pipe. When it pours from the hose, it is necessary to lower the end of the latter so that it is below the valve. After that the water will flow from the source by gravity.
Creation of check valve for compressor
Gaseous and liquid media, which are transported by pipelines, must move in the right direction. By installing a check valve, you can provide this requirement of operating the pipeline.
The main function of the check valve is to let the working flow of the fluid or gaseous substance in one direction and block its movement when it starts moving in the opposite direction.
The check valve is necessary to evacuate air from the vacuum chamber. For its manufacture will need a sanitary hose with two nipples, 3 mm bolt length of about 5 cm, nipple with a thread of 15, two nuts and a piece of rubber from the camera for the car.
The process of making a check valve consists of several steps:
- Cut a round gasket out of rubber with a small hole in the middle, through which to guide the bolt;
- Take a small rectangular piece of iron and drill a hole in it slightly larger than the diameter of the bolt;
- Put a metal plate with a hole, a nut, a washer, a rubber gasket and a guide on the bolt in turn;
- Make a kerf on a threaded fitting the size of the iron rectangular plate, so it fits tightly in place;
- Insert the main part of the valve into the threaded fitting so that the rubber band slightly protrudes from the bottom of the fitting;
- On the lower part of the fitting, the second nut with the fitting is screwed on;
- On top screw a conventional nut, the diameter of the upper hole of which is less than the diameter of the socket, which will fix the iron rectangle.
Upgraded vacuum compressor has excellent performance Such a valve, made by your own hands, can be used when making a compressor-vacuum chamber by yourself.
Some technical features
It is quite difficult to determine initially what the pressure in the compressor will be. This may depend on both the brand of the device and the period of its declared use.
By the way, old designs can sometimes show even better results than new and factory-made. The most important thing is not what kind of apparatus can be assembled, but how to take care of its condition.
Such work consists, as a rule, in the replacement of filters (gasoline and diesel), as well as oil in the device. All homemade compressors are equipped with three tubes of copper. Two are involved in the installation. These are the inlet and outlet tubes. The third one has not been touched. It is the shortest of all and sealed at the end. It is responsible for draining the oil in the unit. To service it is necessary to cut off the sealed part, drain out the oil, pour in new oil and seal it back in.
The principle of vacuum pumps
The principle of all vacuum pumps is to change the volume of the inner chamber, thereby decreasing or increasing the pressure in the vessels communicating with it. This operating principle can be provided by chambers of different configurations and modifications.
Depending on this there are several basic types of vacuum pumps:
The principle of operation of all vacuum pumps is to change the volume of the inner chamber, thereby decreasing or increasing the pressure in the vessels communicating with it.
Let us briefly consider the characteristics of each type.
How to make a knife with your own hands at home There are more disadvantages in creating a homemade device than advantages. First of all, they are associated with the labor intensity of the process. Not everyone will be able to create a safe device that allows you to achieve the desired effect, which would meet the sanitary and hygienic requirements and would be suitable in size.
The second disadvantage is the aesthetic appearance. Ready-made device looks much more attractive.
And, of course, a little more complicated principle of operation. You can buy a mechanism with automatic control in a sex shop. All you have to do is push the button and you can enjoy the process. At home you can only create a handheld device.