We Make A Stationary From A Manual Circular
How to make a circular saw from a circular saw. Instructions How to make a circular with your own hands and is it possible? Following the simplest tips, a stationary circular saw can be made from the simplest materials.
It should be remembered that such a stationary circular is still made by hand. Therefore, in order to avoid injury, it is better to secure your work as much as possible. You can install protection in the form of a special movable casing located above the edge of the disc.
It is also best not to make a circular with a drill. Although many craftsmen recommend this method because of its simplicity and economy, at the slightest mistake, serious injury cannot be avoided.
When selecting an engine, it is imperative to pay attention to the shaft speed. You can, if desired, independently change the number of revolutions using a belt drive. The motor should be powerful enough, so you don’t need to save several thousand and make it from the first thing that comes to hand, be it a drill or a mixer.
The main indicator of a homemade circular saw is the maximum thickness of the sawn bars. Usually for home use, a cut of 1.5-2 cm is enough, but if this is not enough, then an additional lifting disc mechanism can be installed. This will make the system more complex, but will allow you to cut the cut to the required level.
In the question of how to make a circular saw out of a circular saw, the most important thing is to remember about the functionality of the base. It is best to install the table on a high-quality and rigid base that does not bend or wobble. This ensures safe working and an even cut.
If possible, it will be good to weld it from a metal corner in accordance with the dimensions of the already finished countertop. In an extreme case, it is permissible to build a base like a wooden underframe.
Table making process
- Cut a tabletop of the required size from a sheet of laminated plywood. The markings are applied to the bottom plane using a metal ruler and pencil. We cut out the plywood with a jigsaw, cut the edges if necessary. If the plywood is not laminated, clean the table surface with sandpaper.
- We turn it over and from the bottom we make markings for attaching a manual circular. To do this, remove the disc from the tool and install it with the sole in the required place. We make marks on the table top and on the sole for fasteners and a groove for the saw blade. We drill holes for the bolts. They will twist from the top, through the countertop and from the bottom to be held in place by nuts. Therefore, from the side of the working surface, we countersink the holes, and grind the bolt heads so that they do not protrude.
- If you plan to cut the material at different angles, the cut for the saw blade is made in the form of an inverted trapezoid. A regular groove is made for a straight cut. Before cutting the slot and holes for the fasteners, attach the saw, correct the marks, and only then cut.
- Draw the location of the stiffeners with a pencil. They are made from a board and installed at the bottom 8. 9 cm from the edge of the table top. We will attach the table legs to the ribs. The ribs are fixed with self-tapping screws at intervals of 15. 25 centimeters, PVA is additionally glued. Self-tapping screws are screwed in from above, through the tabletop, the heads are completely recessed. The ribs are fastened together with long self-tapping screws.
- The legs of the table are made of a bar or board, their length will be from 100 to 113 cm. The legs, slightly diverging downward, will give greater stability. They are fixed on large bolts twisted on the outside, and fastened with nuts from the inside. Bar screeds will additionally strengthen the frame.
- To adjust the height of the table, nuts are attached from below, into which M14 bolts are screwed.
- Now you can fix the saw from below by passing the disc into the prepared slot.
- We attach an electrical outlet to the inside of the table, pass the electrical wire from it and install the switch in a convenient place (on the outside of the stiffener). The outlet will be powered from the switch. From it we stretch the wire to the nearest power source in the workshop. With the help of a construction screed, we fix the ON-OFF button on the body of the circular saw in the recessed position.
Let’s start making auxiliary stops. For the longitudinal stop, you will need a # 30 square aluminum tube and two screws with wing nuts.
- Saw off a piece of pipe along the length of the tabletop, cut holes for screws 3 cm from the edge.
- Cut out two clamps from pieces of plywood. The construction is ready.
- For cutting across the table, we make a sled from plywood. We align them relative to the edges of the table, press and move them along the toothed circle. In the place where the circle passes in the slide, we saw through a groove. Small parts can be stacked directly inside the sled and sawed off.
Dust removal is organized from under the table, but most of the dust is scattered from above, so it’s a good idea to supplement the device with an upper dust collector.
The design of a circular saw table is so simple that most craftsmen make it without preliminary drawings and diagrams. This is a sturdy workbench made of wood and plywood. The most reliable table bases are made of metal. They are the most difficult and require the skills of a welder. Therefore, more often the coasters are made from lumber waste. A circular saw is attached under the tabletop, the disc protrudes above it through a specially made slot. The lumber is moved along the table top and sawn with a rotating blade. For convenience and accuracy of work, the table is equipped with additional devices: an angular and longitudinal stop.
If the saw has not been purchased yet, select models with a high power (from 1200 W). They will cope with cutting large volumes of wood. Holes will be drilled in the sole for fastening: the molded base may crack. Therefore, it is advisable to choose a tool with a stamped sole.
How to make a homemade circular table with your own hands according to drawings
The hand-held circular saw is a powerful tool with high productivity. One of the main advantages of a circular saw is that maneuverability becomes a disadvantage when large volumes of wood have to be cut. To simplify the process, you can easily assemble a circular saw table with your own hands.
Compact benchtop machine
Above we talked about how to assemble a hand circular. Now we will tell you how to turn this device into a stationary one. This process involves the manufacture of a U-shaped bed from a pipe, as well as the installation of a transverse arm. The lower ends of the structure should bend horizontally in the direction of the cut. They are bolted to the table. Stability is provided by additional supports.
Lever mobility provided by cutting the horizontal segment into two identical parts, which are fixed to each other with clamps. The saw blade is attached to the vertical element of the bed with clamps.
How to make a stationary or manual circular with your own hands
A hand-made circular saw is an excellent tool that allows you to solve a large number of household and other tasks. In fact, it is not difficult to make this device on your own, even in that situation, if you do not have any special skills, the most important thing is to understand at least a little the principle of processing metal alloys.
The materials needed for the job can be found in the home workshop or in the garage. So, circular from a circular saw do it yourself is made of the following elements:
- Corner of strong steel;
- Rectangular shaped tube;
The finished circular saw can be positioned on a workbench. If you don’t have one, you will have to make the table yourself. The engine can be taken from an old tiller or washing machine.
Circular from an angle grinder
If you have your own “angle grinder”, it is very good. To create a “circular”, you need to make an axial handle and a sliding stop to the unit. The design of the sliding stop includes a pair of steel angle pieces located on the sides of the saw blade. With the help of nuts and bolts, they are connected by a transverse bundle, and the gap between the working part and the sidewalls of the structure will be provided with washers.
On the “angle grinder” you need to pre-tighten the metal band clamp with a screw tie down. Then you need to attach the double-folded metal strip to the holes for the sliding stop. The stand and clamp can be combined, but in this situation the metal strip will be too thick.
Then, in the gearbox of the future tool, you will need to make several holes for the bolts. For this purpose, the body is disassembled, and the points where drilling will take place are indicated. With the help of the holes made, the axial handle is fixed, because the “standard” handle will not allow making a good cut, even if the master has very strong hands.
The handle is created from a metal tube or rod. Designs can be shaped like horns or braces. The ends of the element with which it will be attached to the gearbox must be provided with holes for installing fasteners.
You also need to make a barbell that will regulate the process. For this purpose, you need to take a piece of a metal rod, make a loop from one end of it, rivet it slightly and make a hole for the front stop bolt.
The other end of the rod needs to be threaded, which will allow you to connect it to the handle. In advance, one strong nut should be screwed onto this thread, and after the structure is assembled, the second. By lowering and pulling them, you can adjust the cutting depth. By the way, if you use a drill instead of an angle grinder, you can make a similar tool.
Thus, you can independently make a good circular saw out of an ordinary angle grinder, with which you can cut various materials.
Table for a circular saw with your own hands. Drawings, photos, advice.
A circular saw is used to cut wood.
Using a hand saw is not always comfortable, using a table allows you to make the sawing process smoother and more accurate
The cutting base has a disc-like plane with a serrated outer edge. There are models not only of the manual type, but also with the possibility of fixing on the table.
It is difficult to work with large volumes of wood with a regular circular, so it is better to place it on a table
There are several ways to acquire the latter for the convenience of performing manipulations. You can build a table for a circular saw yourself, precisely following a specific pattern.
Scheme for making a table for a circular saw
Before starting work, it is recommended to go through the preparatory stage. Be sure to make a drawing. This will facilitate the process of creating the structure. First calculate the dimensions of the table, then transfer the obtained data to paper. The hole to be made in the structure must fit exactly the size of the saw. It all depends on the brand of equipment. Therefore, you cannot make a universal hole. The base must be stable and withstand mechanical loads well.
DIY circular table drawing
It is unacceptable to outweigh the structure to one side. The dimensions of the table top should be suitable for the cutting flow. The final version is determined based on individual desires. Some people work comfortably with a folding table or a product with small dimensions.
Drawing of a universal bench machine
An important point should be taken into account in the drawings. If you plan to leave tools or materials on the table during work, then the dimensions of the countertop need to be increased to a square meter in area. A suitable size would be 120 by 120 cm. The drawing should be done carefully and slowly in order to do everything correctly.
Circular table layout with detailed description
Homemade table can be made of wood
For such a table, wood, plywood or chipboard can be used. Mdf and chipboard are also suitable. Some people prefer to choose steel or aluminum.
Steel plate circular machine table
It is not recommended to use plastic, it is completely unsuitable for a table of this purpose. If wood is selected, then after completion of the assembly, the product should be treated with a special antiseptic composition. This will provide reliable moisture protection and help prevent rotting.
To make a saw table yourself, you need to prepare materials.
- Selected raw materials for the base. The thickness should be 21 mm.
- The beam required for the frame. An edged board 3 meters long with dimensions of 50 to 150 mm is suitable. In total, you need 5 pieces.
- Dowels made of wood with dimensions of 10 cm. Not less than 12 pieces.
- Joiner’s glue.
- Metal fasteners in the amount of 4 pieces.
- Metal corners. Enough 10 pcs.
- Self-tapping screws.
These elements must be prepared in advance and placed near the workplace.
Table circular saw
When choosing a circular saw, you need to be guided by the following characteristics:
- Saw power. If the volume of work is quite large, it is advisable to take a tool with a power of at least 1.2 kW.
- Cutting depth. The thickness of the material to be processed depends on this parameter. For hand saws it is 40–70 mm. But when it is installed in the table, there will be a decrease in the region of 10 mm.
- Placement of buttons. The design of the sawing table must provide free and safe access to all control buttons, otherwise it will be necessary to modify the control system yourself.
- Rotational speed. For cutting wood, high rotation speed is priority. This affects the quality of the cut. For plastic, for example, this is not very good. The plastic heats up from the high speed of the wheel. You need to choose average characteristics. 3-4 thousand rpm will be enough.
Making a workbench
- Mark and cut out the desired size tabletop from plywood. Sand the surface with sandpaper.
- In the lower part on the tabletop we mark the places for the holes for fixing the saw. To do this, you need to remove the blade and set the saw in the desired place, making notes. On the surface of the hole for the bolts, countersink, and the bolt hats need to be sanded.
- If the material will be cut at different angles, the hole for the disc must be made in the form of an inverted trapezoid.
- Apply the stiffener attachment points on the worktop (from below, at a distance of about 8 cm from the edge). The legs need to be fixed to the ribs. The ribs are screwed with self-tapping screws at intervals of 25 cm and glued with PVA.
- The legs are made of a bar 100 cm long. Then a screed is made from a bar for additional strength.
- To be able to adjust the height of the table legs, nuts with M14 bolts are attached from below.
- We fix the saw from below.
- We fix the socket on the inside of the table. We pull the wire from it to the switch.
- We make a parallel emphasis. Cut off two strips of plywood, the same length as the width of the table. The width of the strips is 10 cm. We make the corners round. We grind and fasten both strips with self-tapping screws. Then we cut two strips of the same length, but three times wider. We fasten them. This will be the guide. We fasten the stop and the guide. We set a right angle relative to the disc. We fix the rollers.
- Plywood 15–20 mm thick;
- Timber 5050 mm;
- Boards, approximately 50-100 mm;
- Power socket;
- Self-tapping screws;
- Pva glue;
- Metal corners.
Manual device from angle grinder
A lot of work is done by the popular angle grinder tool. From this tool you will get an indispensable circular saw made by yourself. It is enough to make a sliding stop from the material at hand. The design assumes the presence of two small segments of the corners, which are located parallel to the disk. The connection is made using bolts, the clearance is adjusted with the supplied washers.
Install the strap clamp with the screw on the bottom. Next, a strip of metal with a hole is attached, in another case, the structure can be single, but this is how the thickness of the metal is lost. The next step is to cut the holes in the body through which the handle is attached for basic work. A hand-made handle is a horn or a bracket, a metal rod or pipe is taken as a basis. Riveting should also be taken into account, if the ends are relaxed, the handle may bend during mechanical action on it.
Design features of the circular machine
Circulars of any fixed type consist of basic parts.
- A table for connecting mechanisms. An assembly compatible with larger motors is preferred with an all-metal table. The surface of the table must be made even with your own hands, for a better product at the exit.
- In most cases, the engine is used from what is in stock. Electric motors designed for a long time from the mains will be preferable to collector drives.
- The shaft is the most critical unit of the circular. Finished products are used most often; in other cases, the assembly is made on a lathe. It is important to calculate the bore holes, to exclude runout.
When making a machine with your own hands, you should pay special attention to safety. The main cleaning of the saw blade must be covered by a protective cover. The moving parts of the drive and motors must be covered. The emergency stop button is built into the drive circuit and has a convenient location.
Circular do it yourself
In the household, a circular saw always comes in handy. Overhaul is a costly and troublesome business. Not everyone can afford to buy an expensive tool for processing wood materials. A hand-made circular saw allows you to perform safe work and speed up the construction process. A hand-made saw has a number of advantages, such as reliability, economy and sharpening for immediate needs.