Weeding For Tiller DIY
Required tools and materials
With your own hands and even without assistance, you can make a manual adapter or a dump adapter. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to decide on the type of additional equipment. The next stage is the drawings. You can use ready-made ones, based on the instructions for the tillers of the same brand, but already implemented with adapters, or you can create it yourself. When making drawings with your own hands, careful attention should be paid to the main elements:
- steering wheel control:
- portal for the adapter;
- coupling mechanism.
When the diagram is ready, you need to take care of having the following tools at hand:
- welding machine;
- two wheels with an axle;
- a ready-made chair of a suitable size;
- metal profile for the frame;
- steel corner and beams;
- bolts, screws;
- control levers;
- circle made of steel with special holes. the basis for adhesion;
- lubricants and primers for finished structures.
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands?
- Required tools and materials
- Manufacturing process
- With movable joint
Small agricultural equipment such as tillers, cultivators and mini-tractors greatly facilitate the work of people. But in the pursuit of perfection, even such units are being modernized. In particular, manufacturers or the owners themselves equip them with adapters. special seats that make the use of such equipment more comfortable and less energy-intensive. There are tillers already equipped with such a device, but there are also models without it. But you can do it yourself with a steering or movable joint adapter. How to do this work correctly will be described in detail below.
This homemade adapter is even faster to manufacture than its predecessor. But you should know that this option involves the use of more different corners and pipes. And yet. such attachments are made on the basis of a frame with a ready-made fork and bushing. It is its presence that will allow the tiller to rotate freely from the steering action in the future. The sequence of actions will be as follows.
- The frame is made of steel of a selected length and thickness. Using an angle grinder, workpieces of the required size are cut out of the sheet, and then fastened together with bolts or self-tapping screws.
- The design of the undercarriage should be based on where the motor of the unit itself is located. If it is in front, then the main criterion is the size of the main wheels. That is, the size of the track should be based on it. The wheels are only attached to the rear. They are welded to the axis. If the motor is at the rear, then the distance between the wheels should be wider. Here, the standard ones are removed from the tiller, and in their place they are installed the same as on the adapter.
- The axis itself is created from a pipe, and bearings with bushings are pressed into its ends.
- The steering wheel is either like a car or like a motorcycle. There is no fundamental difference. Experienced craftsmen recommend removing the already finished steering wheel from the vehicle and fixing it on the basis of the adapter. It is quite difficult to make a steering wheel yourself, especially for a beginner. It is worth noting that the motorcycle handlebar creates great inconvenience when reversing the tiller. And this factor must be taken into account.
- If an all-metal frame is used, the steering will be mated to the front of the unit itself. If we make a special additional support. articulated-articulated, then the control will rotate the additional frame completely. In this case, two gears are used: one is installed on the steering column, and the second on the upper half-frame.
- The next step is to install the seat. As in the case of the manufacture of the previous type of adapter, it can be either ready-made or made with your own hands. It must be fastened with a welding machine to the rear frame of this attachment.
- In the event that in the future the upgraded tiller is planned to be used to install a replaceable attachment, it is necessary to attach another bracket with a welding machine. An additional hydraulic system should also be created. The easiest way is to remove it from any type of small agricultural equipment and weld it onto your own tiller.
- The towbar must be welded to the rear of the main frame. It is necessary in cases when it is planned to use the tiller for the transportation of some small cargo. If the use of a trailer or semitrailer is not planned, then this stage can be skipped.
- The final stage is coupling. To do this, small holes are drilled in the steering column into which screws and brackets are inserted. It is with their help that the coupling itself is attached under the steering column.
Perhaps a step-by-step description of making such a device with your own hands may seem complicated. However, with detailed diagrams and drawings, this problem completely disappears. In order for the created adapter to be functional and durable in use, it is necessary to properly weld all the main elements and pay special attention to the normal operation of the brakes.
If ready-made drawings were used to create an improved tiller seat, before translating them into reality, it is necessary to correlate the dimensions of all parts with the dimensions of the main parts of your tiller and, if necessary, be sure to correct them.
Such a hitch of any kind is not just a seat, but a whole device consisting of several parts. Depending on the type of adapter, these parts are attached to each other in different quantities and in a different order. So, the rear and front units are made almost the same, but differ in the method of final fastening and the method of the coupling itself.
With movable joint
This type of adapter is easiest and fastest to make at home with your own hands.
- On a square profile 180 cm long, a piece of the same steel sheet should be welded across, but 60 cm in size.
- Braces are installed on the frame and wheels and fastened with bushings. To strengthen the main frame, an additional steel beam is welded onto it.
- Channel is used to create an additional beam. It is made in accordance with the drawings and using a welding machine.
- The frame created in the previous step is welded to the wheel axle. A small piece of a square metal beam or steel angle is used as a connecting element.
- The first control lever is installed on the frame, on which there are 3 knees. An additional one is installed on this lever, but smaller. All work is carried out using a welding machine.
- Both levers are securely fixed to each other with bolts.
When the main lifting mechanism of the adapter is ready, you can proceed to its direct assembly and connection of the equipment to the tiller itself.
How to make a mini power Weeder | DIY.
- A stand for the future seat is welded onto the central frame, which is made from a piece of steel pipe.
- On top of it, using a welding machine, two more of the same pipe sections are attached perpendicularly. This design will allow the seat to be securely attached to the tiller and minimize vibration and shaking during its operation.
- Further, the pieces of pipes are attached by welding to the frame, and the seat itself is fixed to them with self-tapping screws or bolts. For added security, the bolts can also be screwed into the seat stand, not just into the frame.
- The finished hitch is welded to the front of the resulting adapter.
After completing these works, the adapter is completely ready for further use. If everything was done correctly, you should get an all-wheel drive mini-tractor, simple and easy to use.
Before immediately performing any agricultural work with the help of a self-improved tiller, it is necessary to perform several final verification work:
- make sure the seat is securely installed;
- check the quality of all welds and the reliable fastening of bolts and screws;
- start the tiller and make sure that the engine is working normally and smoothly;
- install, if necessary, hinged gardening tools and try them in action;
- be sure to check the operation of the brakes and make sure they are working properly.
If, when performing all these simple works, no problems were found in the work of the tiller, it is necessary to bring it into a proper appearance. To do this, a do-it-yourself adapter is primed and painted in any color you want. This stage allows not only to give the tiller a beautiful appearance, but also to protect the metal from corrosion.
Making an adapter yourself is a responsible business that takes time, experience and utmost care. Therefore, only those masters who already have similar experience should take on this work. In other cases, it is better to either purchase a ready-made adapter, or seek help from a specialist.
To learn how to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands, see the next video.
How to make a do-it-yourself disc hiller for a tiller?
If you have a summer cottage, then you probably grow potatoes on it, the cultivation of which will be easier to produce with the help of special tools. Among them is the disc hiller for the tiller. With your own hands, this tool can be made with ease. A simple model of this type of hiller can be made from improvised tools.
Features of self-production of a disc hiller
Before making a do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller, you will need to prepare the necessary materials. You will need to use a template made of steel. The thickness of the latter should be equal to 2 millimeters. You will need to cut out the halves of the tool from the canvas. These workpieces must be bent until they coincide with the radius, only then can you start welding. Weld seams should be machined with an angle grinder. If necessary, the elements must be welded, and then cleaned well. Ultimately, you should get an even layer of metal, the surface of which should be perfect.
Before starting work, you need to study the drawings of a disc hiller for a tiller, but if you do not intend to do the manufacturing work yourself, you can purchase a propeller tool. At the heart of his work. special propellers, under the influence of which the soil is first crushed, and then weeds are removed from it. And only then the loose soil is used for hilling.
Features of making hiller discs
When a disc hiller is made for a tiller with his own hands, the master should certainly consider the drawings. In addition, it must be remembered that the working blades must be prepared from the steel of the same density. In order to make a tool, you need to choose the type of discs. They will be steel sheets with a thickness of 2 mm. These components of the hiller should have lower edges that should be bent. The main condition is that the disks should be located symmetrically in relation to each other. Otherwise, the tool will lead to the side, which will complicate the work of the summer resident. When creating a structure, you can use plowshares that were borrowed from an old seeder. These elements, when a do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller is made, the drawings of which you can take from our article, must be mounted at an angle. In addition, you will need to maintain a step between the lower points, which should be equal to the width of the wheel track. This parameter is equivalent to the width between rows. The elements can be connected to each other using bolts; it is permissible to use a welding machine. The discs must be mated with each other using an adjustable adapter. In addition to discs, stands, screw lanyards, and a leash act as the main elements of the tool. The last of them must be done in the form of the letter T.
The do-it-yourself disk hiller for the tiller should be made using lanyards, which are needed in order to adjust the axis of rotation of the disks. This tool should be fixed to the tiller by means of a beam that has wings. During the manufacture and installation of parts, the specified size must be carefully observed.
Features of the hiller with variable working width
If you are thinking about how to make disc tiller for a tiller, then you should know that such tools are most convenient if they have a variable working width. This is due to the fact that they have an adjusting mechanism, with its help you can adjust the position of the wings. This allows for a variable width between rows. Such hillers are used in tandem with tillers, the motor of which demonstrates a power of up to 4 liters. from. and more.
Among the disadvantages of such tools, one can single out significant energy intensity. The main advantage of disc hillers is the successful combination of the tool with the tiller. In the process of using such a tool, you will achieve the greatest efficiency.
Making a lister hiller
The simplest option for making a hiller is to make a model that has a fixed working width. This design is represented by wings, which are connected and somewhat spread apart, as well as fixed to each other. There should be 2 such elements in the equipment. Due to the fact that the wings remain stationary, it will be impossible to adjust the working width. Therefore, the width between the beds will need to be adjusted to the tool, and not vice versa. A do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller is, as a rule, made according to the principle of factory equipment, the gripping width of the tool is 30 cm, which is not very convenient, because the width between the dispersion of potatoes assumes a parameter equal to 60 centimeters. The presence of thin racks acts as a feature of lister hillers. This allows you to withstand overloads of the cultivator when carrying out the destruction of the tool into the ground.
Tool manufacturing options
A do-it-yourself disc hiller for a tiller can be made using one of two technologies. One of them involves the use of a variable, the other. a fixed wing width. In the first method, the distance between the discs can be changed by the method of rearranging the racks.
A do-it-yourself disc hiller for a tiller can be made in such a way that it is possible to facilitate work with the tool. For this, it is necessary to provide for the presence of sleeve bearings. Once the bearings are installed, you can improve the reliability of the tool. In this case, you should not use slip bushings.
Homemade devices for the tiller
The list of accessories is not limited to a mower, plow or harrow. This list is long enough, and no other tiller has such a strong package. After calculating the amount that will cost to purchase all the necessary equipment, many refuse this venture. It should also be remembered that not every model can be considered universal.
Simply put, when purchasing units for one tiller, it is very difficult to guarantee their operation on another. However, if there is a desire and a certain baggage of knowledge, many additional devices can be made independently.
Their drawings are often found on the Internet, but it is important to make sure that they are compatible. When developing attachments from scratch, you need to focus on the available tiller model.
How to make attachments for a tiller with your own hands
the tiller is one of the most useful and demanded technical devices among those used on the personal plot. However, this statement is only valid with optional equipment. If the size of the cultivated land plot is small, then it is advisable to purchase branded units. That is why the question of how to make attachments for a tiller with your own hands is popular.
- Homemade devices for the tiller
- DIY trailer adapter
- Homemade disc hiller
- Making a potato digger
Homemade disc hiller
The optimal type of hiller for a personal plot is disc. When working with it, it is not required to apply great efforts, and when the speed of movement decreases, power increases. Do not forget that the disc hiller is a universal tool, because it can be used not only after planting crops, but also during their growth.
The design of this type of attachment is not very complex and includes:
- Screw type talers.
Thanks to the presence of talers, it becomes possible to adjust the angle of inclination of the working discs. It is this factor that affects the depth of their immersion in the soil and the force applied during work.
Discs can be taken from worn-out agricultural equipment, for example, an old seeder, or made of high-quality steel, the thickness of which is 1.5-2 mm. The outer edges are bent, and a hole is drilled in the center for attaching to the frame.
DIY trailer adapter
With the help of this unit, the tiller can be easily converted into a mini tractor, which makes it possible to automate a large number of work on the processing of the personal plot. The design of the trailer adapter consists of the following elements:
- Metal supporting frame.
- Cross bar.
- Governing bodies.
To make a supporting frame, you should use a pipe of any section, the length of which ranges from 1.5 to 1.7 meters. On the one hand, a device for attaching to the tiller is welded, and on the other, a transverse beam. The width of the second element is selected in accordance with the dimensions of the tiller’s wheelbase. Then braces are attached to the bar to increase the rigidity of the structure and wheel stands.
Most often, additional units are attached to the tiller adapter by means of a single hitch. You also need to think about controlling the equipment, and the best option in this situation will be a lever, switching which will lead to a change in the position of the auxiliary devices.
The final step in creating a trailer adapter is to install the seat, and for this, a stand is attached in the middle of the crossbeam.
Making a potato digger
This unit is able to significantly facilitate the work of harvesting all tuberous crops, not only potatoes. Among the main structural elements of the unit, it is necessary to highlight:
- Welded frame.
- Drum cleaner.
- Editorial node.
A ploughshare is a movable element of a potato digger and can be made of sheet iron. The cut plates should be sharpened, but at the same time all edges should be blunt so as not to damage the tubers. Frame fabrication should also be straightforward. To solve this problem, you will need a corner, channel No. 8 and a profile pipe. Frame sizes are selected individually, and the required amount of materials is determined on site.
The main element of the entire structure of the unit is the editorial unit. To make it, you need two metal cylinders, into which the connecting sleeves are then installed. After that, it is necessary to make the hubs from a metal pipe, the diameter of which is 25 mm. They are used for attaching sprockets, pre-fixed to bushings by means of keys.
The most difficult to manufacture is the cleaning drum, which consists of two roller chains with 94 links each. The chains, in turn, are mounted on special rods, and then the finished element is attached on two axes. The result is maximum mobility.
The torque from the tiller motor is transmitted to the share connected to the casing. During movement, the angle of inclination changes, and digging movements are performed. To adjust the angle of inclination of the working element of the structure, and, consequently, the depth of the dig, you can make a slider. An excellent material for the manufacture of this part will be fluoroplastic.
Step-by-step manufacturing instructions
A do-it-yourself snowblower for a tiller can be made on a lathe based on a finished engine from a chainsaw. General scheme of actions:
- Weld the body from steel sheets. At the same time, the lower edges are bent in order for it to walk better in the snow (they make a kind of runners with their own hands).
- Make a snow blower auger for a tiller. You can take a ready-made version or do it yourself.
- Install it in the case.
- Put on the transmission mechanism. To do this, you need to fix the sprocket with your own hands and connect the tiller and the mounted snow blower with a chain drive.
- Weld the outlet pipe from metal sheets and install it on the structure with your own hands.
- Install stand with handle.
After assembling the structure, you need to test it. They check: how the blades carry the snow along with them, how the wheels go, whether the runners are catching. In order for a self-assembled car to serve as long as possible, it is recommended to take into account several useful tips:
- Even during assembly, safety bolts should be used to help prevent dense snow and ice from getting inside the mechanism.
- It is especially important to carefully approach the choice of bearings. they provide the reliability of the design.
- A belt drive is more practical because it will jam if a hard object hits. It’s also easy to disassemble and replace.
- After each cleaning, it is better to store the tiller in a room with a positive temperature. Then there is no need to additionally warm up the engine, which takes extra time.
- Serving your car is easy. One of the requirements is the regular oil change in the gearbox. In winter, you need to use only liquid, loose oil, because in the cold it will quickly thicken.
Required materials and tools
To create a snow plow attachment to the tiller with your own hands, you will need the following parts, tools and materials:
- gasoline engine (from the Neva chainsaw or another model);
- gas tank;
- steel or duralumin sheets;
- metal corner (for the frame);
- chain with sprockets;
- pipes (for the handle);
- welding machine;
- corner grinder;
Snow plow for tiller
Another simple option for a snow blower is a unit with a screw (rotary) mechanism. It consists of several main elements:
- pipe (branch pipe) for ejection of the snow mass;
- open metal box;
- reducer (optional);
- sprocket with chain. transmission mechanism.
This snow blower is made independently on the basis of metal pipes and steel sheets. First, the box is welded, its lower edges are bent to make smooth runners. In the middle of the shaft, a grip is welded from U-shaped bent plates, which should “look” in opposite directions at an angle of 180 degrees.
A screw is fixed to them, on each side of which there are two rings. In this case, the end of one is welded to the beginning of the other. A hole is cut on the back of the gripper, through which a pipe for removing snow is suitable. It is also welded, and the upper head is bent to the side.
A schematic diagram of a snow blower nozzle will help you understand the installation of the structure
Homemade snow blower for a tiller with your own hands
To create a snow blower for a tiller, you first need to think over all the structural elements and develop a drawing. After that, they carry out the assembly according to the scheme with their own hands and test the finished device.
tiller with adapter
A simple model for snow removal, based on an adapter and a tiller, will help you quickly clear the surrounding area
A snow removal nozzle is mounted to the unit. it is pre-designed by hand. A metal sheet with sharp edges is used to make a knife.
The main elements need to be cut out of steel and then welded. A snow knife is mounted from the bottom. The next stage is the assembly of the blade to the main block. It should be fixed with rods and a bracket. After that, the rods are attached and brought to the operator’s handle through the ears.
Snow blower drawings for tiller
To design a snow blower for a tiller, you first need to draw up a drawing. It can be printed or drawn, after which they do the assembly with their own hands. You can take the following options as a basis:
- Rotary snow blower for a tiller, assembled by hand according to a simple scheme.
- Drawing of a screw snow blower for a tiller, which can be made at home with your own hands.
- Trailer-mounted snow blower option with blade.
Fan-auger (combined) snow blower
This tiller snow blower consists of the following elements:
- Auger. pipe with two trunnions.
- Rotor with steel blades 3-4 mm.
- The body is a metal box that can be welded by hand.
- Ejection pipe made of metal sheets with a curved head.
Combination unit helps to get rid of even packed snow.
Front (rear) steering wheel tiller adapter: how to do it yourself, videos, drawings and dimensions
Many farmers use tillers to work in their fields. The tiller adapter makes it possible to speed up its implementation. This unit is used as a trailer that moves on wheels and is attached to a motor cultivator. You can add attachments to the device, mount a chair. Often gardeners themselves make such a unit.
The adapter to the tiller was created for the convenience of working in the garden. If you attach a hitch to it, then you can expand the scope of the device:
- remove hay;
- level the soil surface;
- transport goods;
- harrow the ground;
- clear the area from snow.
An adapter is a device that is designed to be moved on a motor cultivator. With it, you can operate the machine while sitting in a chair, and at the same time work the soil. The trailer for the Neva motor cultivator is equipped with steering control. It makes it easier to use the tiller.
Can be fitted with different harvesting attachments, plow, mower, etc.
This trailer accelerates work in the field. With this design, the speed of the cultivator can be increased from 5 to 10 km / h. Consider the device of the adapter. The adapter for the cultivator consists of:
- operator’s seat;
- two wheels;
- coupling mechanism.
After attaching the adapter, the cultivator looks and works like a mini-tractor. A frame is needed to create an adapter for a front steering cultivator. The operator’s seat is installed on it. The frame is fixed to the chassis.
The seat is fixed to the frame. This makes it easier for the operator to control the cultivator. The wheel system will help move the unit around the site. There are 2 types of wheels: metal (used in the field) and rubber (used for road traffic).
The tiller hitch is made of steel or cast iron by welding. She attaches the cart to the cultivator. The best is the U-shaped fastening system. With this design, the device will be stable.
- The highest travel speed on a trailer with a trailer is 12 km / h.
- Maximum lifting capacity. 100 kg.
- The track diameter is 67 cm.
- Dimensions are equal to 130x70x71 cm.
- Device weight. 22 kg.
- Warranty period of work. 5 years.
How to make an adapter to the tiller with your own hands
For a gardener or farmer who wants to increase the volume of work, you can make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands. Let’s take a look at how to make your own front steering wheel adapter. For this, a frame is made, a lever is welded to it, then a coupling unit is created, after that a trailer turning mechanism is made, then braces must be welded.
Thus, you can make a homemade four-wheel drive trailer for both small and heavy tillers. detailed step-by-step instructions for self-manufacturing of a trailer are discussed below.
Varieties of adapters for tiller
There are several types of tiller adapter. The design is distinguished by the coupling method:
- Strong connection to the cultivator. The device has a separate steering wheel. Steering wheels located at the front or rear (both options are possible).
- Movable connection. At the same time, the angle between the cultivator and the cart is constantly changing. Turning requires a lot of effort due to the fact that the joint is movable.
Devices are also subdivided according to the presence of driving wheels into:
- Front. The hitch assembly is at the back.
- Rear. The hitch assembly is located at the front.
Trailers are divided into:
In addition to garden work, universal ones are useful for transporting crops.
Trailers are divided according to the drawbar size:
- a short;
Low-power tillers are attached to structures with a short drawbar. Trailers with a long drawbar are attached to powerful cultivators.
There are 2 types of trailers: 1-axle or 2-axle. These couplings are factory designed by the manufacturer. The factory calculated such a design and mounted a towbar on it. A spring was installed under the seat, designed for the smooth running of the car on rocky surfaces.
The APM has special footrests, a brake that is pressed by the foot to stop the cultivator. The adapter was fitted with pneumatic tires that provide a smooth ride at high speed.
If all components are working well, you can start using the device. When buying a structure, you must also choose a soft pad for the seat. Then the driver’s work will become more convenient. The HorsAM IS 1 adapter to the Magnum tiller, adapters to the PNO-1, AM-3 K, BUM-3, KTZ-03 cultivators are very popular among farmers.
DIY Tool For Garden | Home Made Tool | DIY Tools | Diamleon DIY Builds
Do-it-yourself steering wheel on the tiller
Steering Tiller Adapter makes maneuvering easier and more stable. Making a steering wheel for a tiller with your own hands is quite easy if you have basic welding skills.
You can create a structure from a steering mechanism from a car; it is better to use a steering column with a bipod from trucks, tractors. The bipod can be used to hitch the rear adapter to the cultivator. The steering arm is indispensable if the trailer design does not imply steering levers. When making an adapter with a steering wheel for a tiller, you can make a ball joint that allows the wheel to turn freely in a horizontal plane.
If the equipment is used for plowing the ground or other difficult work, then it is better to make the steering and the mechanism for connecting the trailer and the trailer independent, since there will be a large load on the hitch unit.
Scheme and structural elements
To make an adapter with your own hands, the drawings and diagrams of this device must be completed first of all. And according to the ready-made scheme, indicating all the parts, assemblies, structural elements and their dimensions, it will be easier to start the independent manufacture of the unit.
Drawings and dimensions
First you need to complete the drawing. The first step is to calculate the kinetic scheme. Then they carry out the basic diagram, which indicates the dimensions of all parts. All parts, assemblies and fasteners of the structure will be manufactured according to this scheme. Before starting to create an aggregate, you need to clarify all the data available on the diagram and check their compliance with the indicators of all blanks.