What are the gaps on the valves of the walk-behind tractor
How to properly adjust the valve of the Zip walk-behind tractor
What is the order of adjusting the valves on the popular zip walk-behind tractor:
- Opening the flywheel.
- Unscrew the valve cover clockwise.
- We check the gap with a probe in the same way as described above.
- With a wrench, we turn between the nuts and loosen them a little.
- We close the system and conduct testing.
About the device of walk-behind tractors and valves
Motoblocks Caiman, Patriot, Texas, Foreman, Krosser, VIKING, Forza, Sadko, Don are a rather complex technical device, consisting of several main working units: engine, transmission, chassis and controls.
The very understanding of the design of the walk-behind tractor is very important, because the correctness of the repair and adjustment work depends on it.
- Engine. Depending on the configuration, 2-stroke and 4-stroke motors can be used. At the moment, the most widespread are 4-stroke ones, because they have higher performance indicators.
- In addition, engines are divided into diesel and gasoline. The former are most suitable for large-sized units, and the latter are most suitable for small and medium-sized motoblocks.
For more details about the operation of the motor-block engine, see the given
- Transmission. The torque that is transmitted from the engine to the wheels is carried out precisely with the help of the transmission. It includes a gearbox, gearbox, clutch system and differential (for some models).
- Depending on the type of gearbox and clutch, not only the cost of the walk-behind tractor is formed, but also the principle of operation of these components.
- Chassis. Most motoblocks have in their presence a pair of wheels of various types. pneumatic or metal, equipped with grousers. In addition, the chassis includes the frame itself, on which all other elements of the walk-behind tractor are located. the engine, gearbox, etc.
- Control system. All control of the walk-behind tractor is located at the distance of the operator’s outstretched arm, i.e. on the handle and in the immediate vicinity of it. This includes the clutch lever, shift and travel buttons, emergency engine stop, etc.
How to adjust the valves on a walk-behind tractor: adjusting and tuning a diesel Lifan and Neva MB-2 with an American engine
Motoblocks as a means for plowing land have been known to many since Soviet times. This means of small-scale mechanization perfectly copes with this task, greatly simplifying the work of a person.
If we consider that additional attachments can be installed on this unit, then in fact all the work on the site is within his power.
However, in order for a single-axle tractor to work in optimal mode, without failures, constant care is needed for it, consisting in timely maintenance.
In addition, the adjustment of the various components that are responsible for performance plays an important role. In particular, we are talking about adjusting the carburetor valves, on the correctness of which the stability of the engine will depend.
How to set up on the Agro walk-behind tractor
The valves on the Agro walk-behind tractor are adjusted as follows:
- We warm up the engine, after which we give it some time to cool down.
- Remove the oil bath of the air filter.
- Next, you need to unscrew the flywheel casing, fastened with 6 bolts.
- The flywheel has marks. 0 (top dead center), 5, 10 and 20 (fuel injection). We compare the dead center of the flywheel with the mark located on the cylinder so that they are opposite each other.
- Next, remove the valve cover.
- There are two valves under it. Loosen the lock nut, then insert the razor blade under the valve. The blade must pass freely between the piston and the valve.
- Having achieved this, we tighten the nut back. Then we replace the valve cover and flywheel housing.
It is worth noting that identical adjustment steps are carried out to adjust the valves on the Patriot walk-behind tractor. the single-axle tractor Agros and its valve adjustment are also correlated with the MB 1 walk-behind tractor.
So, if necessary, you can use the identical scheme.
Adjustment of devices Neva MB 2, Zirka 105
The process of adjusting the valves on the Neva MB 2 walk-behind tractor and a similar Zirka 105 walk-behind tractor:
- Let the engine run, and then cool down a little.
- Remove the cover.
- We remove the valve cover and get to those flywheels that are under it.
- Unscrew the lock nut.
- The blade that we insert into the gap must pass very freely between the piston and the valve.
- Screw the whole system back.
To adjust the carburetor valves, a minimum list of handy tools is required:
- razor blade or dipstick;
- minus screwdriver;
- spanner key.
With these simple tools, you can adjust most carburetors.
People have invented snowmobiles that allow you to drive on snowy roads as quickly as possible without much effort. Ermak snowmobiles are quality, speed and reliability.
Gardening, caring for plants and trees have always been considered one of the most difficult types of work, as they required considerable time and effort. Sprayer Morolex. the perfect solution for your garden.
Labor-intensive gardening work can now be done with a walk-behind tractor. Here you will learn how to plant potatoes with a walk-behind tractor.
How to Check & Adjust VALVE GAPS (the right way!)
It is important to understand that adjusting the valves means setting the optimal clearance, which is directly spelled out in the operating instructions for each specific model.
Valve adjustment on a Lifan 6.5 uniaxial tractor consists in setting the correct clearance under the valves. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Remove the cover to get to the flywheel.
- Remove the valve cover. There are two valves under it. intake and exhaust.
- To check the inlet valve clearance, a 0.15 mm dipstick is required, for the exhaust valve. 0.2 mm. If adjusted correctly, the dipstick should pass freely under the valve.
- To adjust, loosen the fastening nuts with a wrench. We insert the dipstick between the valve and the piston so that it does not slip, but is tight enough in this position. We wrap the nut.
- We put in place the valve cover and flywheel housing.
Valve adjustment consists in setting optimal clearances. This procedure is mandatory in carrying out maintenance. The clearance rate is presented in the technical data sheet of the device. Each model differs in permissible parameters, which depends on the brand and type of machine motor.
How to adjust the valves on the walk-behind tractor, clearances
Adjusting the valves on the walk-behind tractor is the main work that is carried out during the maintenance of this device. THAT is necessary to ensure the safety of the walk-behind tractor, to check the reliability and strength of all nodes and connections. Below we will consider the question of how to adjust the valves on the walk-behind tractor, since they are the most significant elements that ensure the efficient operation of the engines. Reviews of motoblocks are presented on the YouTube channel of the AgroMotoCenter company. They also often publish reviews on agricultural machinery and its functional properties. You can get acquainted with the video data at the link.
The steps to adjust the clearances are as follows:
- before starting any action, check the engine: it must be cold;
- then disconnect the oil bath cup from the air filter and filter element;
- using a wrench, unscrew the four bolts from the protective casing;
- after these actions, it is necessary to remove the starter and the flywheel protective cover;
- then fix the dead point on the flywheel. It needs to match the zero mark;
- with careful movements, remove the valve cover with a paronite gasket, before that you need to unscrew the three bolts;
- it is important to check the clearances. Remember that the inlet valve is located near the filter and the outlet valve is located near the muffler. To check the intervals, you need to insert a dipstick between the rocker arm and the valve. If the distance deviates from the permissible, you need to adjust these elements with a spanner wrench or a screwdriver;
- Valve clearances for gasoline engines of walk-behind tractors. Inlet valve 0.10-0.15mm; Exhaust valve 0.15-0.20 mm.
- after which it is necessary to wipe all connections with a clean cloth, completely assemble the structure and turn on the uniaxial tractor to check its working condition.
With correct valve adjustment, the engine will run quietly, without any jerking or malfunctioning.
Using the proposed algorithm of actions, you can correctly adjust the valves on the walk-behind tractor, while ensuring the effective operation of the device!
Allow the engine to cool completely before starting work. Check timing marks and chain tension. correct if they do not meet standards. The instructions will describe the tuning method using a micrometer.
Pot carburetor VAZ 2106
The old-fashioned adjustment (probe) is performed in the same sequence, with the exception of the paragraph about the measurement of clearances.
- Dismantle the carburetor pan and remove the hose from it.
- Disconnect the accelerator pedal drive.
- Remove the valve cover of the power unit Sixes.
- Remove the ignition distributor cover.
- Crank engine using flywheel. Turning is done with a special key. Removing the spark plugs will make the turning procedure easier. As a result of turning the power unit, the marks on the camshaft sprocket should align with the mark on the bearing housing. For complete reliability, you can check the coincidence of the marks on the crankshaft pulley and the engine.
- Mark the marks on the camshaft sprocket with a marker. Labels are applied over the factory ones every 90 degrees.
- Screw the rack onto the camshaft bed mount. It must be securely fixed.
- Put the indicator on the rail.
- Place the indicator on the edge of the cam of the adjustable valve.
- Hook the cam with the special gripper and pull it up. There should be a change in indicators by 52 divisions.
- If there is a deviation in the indicator, clearance adjustment is required. With a 17 wrench, unscrew the lock nut by 1-2 turns and adjust the gap using a 13-gauge wrench. Then carry out another check of the adjustment with a micrometer. If everything is correct, tighten the lock nut. After that, you need to re-check the clearance. it is possible that the clearance has decreased after tightening the locknut. When adjusting the gap, you need to leave a margin.
This is how all the valves in the engine are controlled. To get to the valves, you need to crank the engine. There is a clear procedure for adjusting the valves. It is listed in the adjustment table.
At the end of the procedure, it is advisable to turn the engine over and check the clearances again. The structure is assembled in the reverse order. Be sure to replace the disposable valve cover gasket.
We repair a VAZ 2106 car ourselves:
- Adjusting the ignition of the VAZ 2106 on your own
- Tuning VAZ 2106 on your own
- Repair of a VAZ 2106 starter on your own
The main signs of incorrectly performed work
If the valve clearances are set correctly, the engine will run quietly and smoothly. With increased intervals, it will emit extraneous knocks and noises, with reduced intervals, it will work unevenly. Further operation of such a car is impossible, you need to carry out repairs yourself or contact a service center. Otherwise, you may lose your car.
The trouble-free operation of your vehicle is largely determined by regular valve clearance adjustments. The frequency of these operations is set by the manufacturer, and the adjustment technology is quite simple and does not require special knowledge and skills. Good luck on the road!
Before starting the adjustment, the following operations should be done:
- remove the air filter housing from the carburetor;
- remove the pipes and wires that prevent the dismantling of the timing cover;
- unscrew the nuts securing the timing cover;
- dismantle the timing cover.
Tip: for convenience, it is worth removing the distributor cover, this will facilitate access to the valve mechanism. You also need to unscrew the candles. without them there is no compression in the cylinders and it is much easier to turn the crankshaft.
When the valves are accessible, the thermal clearances can be adjusted. It should be remembered that the clearance value of 0.15 mm was set by the designers for a cold engine. Therefore, before carrying out work, you must definitely wait until the engine has cooled down. In addition, working on a hot engine can result in burns.
The adjustment of the valves on the VAZ 2107 carburetor and on the injection model is completely the same. The only exceptions are engines equipped with hydraulic gap expansion joints. In this case, no adjustment is required.
Adjustment features and dimensions
The main condition in this matter is that the engine must be cold. Those. its temperature should be no more than 20 degrees Celsius.
We will perform further actions by looking at the figure below. For the convenience of work, it is better to unscrew the spark plugs! This will make it easier to drive all the mechanisms and shafts involved in this process, since there will be no compression. We turn the crankshaft so that the mark on the camshaft pulley coincides with the mark on the back cover of the toothed shaft (antenna).
We must immediately consider the remaining marks in the area of the crankshaft. They should be positioned exactly as shown in the picture. This means that the piston of the first cylinder is set in the TDM position. Then you need to turn the crankshaft by about forty to fifty degrees, this is necessary so that the camshaft cams turn from the pushers.
Using the feelers, it is necessary to measure the clearances of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th valves. Clearances on the 2nd and 3rd valves should be (0.2-0.05mm.). On the 1st and 5th valves, the gap is db (0.35-0.05 mm). If some gaps do not correspond to the norm, then they are brought to the required dimensions by replacing the shims, picking them up until the goal is achieved.
After that, you need to turn the crankshaft 360 degrees, i.e. one full turn and check the clearances on the 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th valves. On the 4th and 8th cylinders, the gap should be. (0.35-0.05mm). On the 6th and 7th cylinders, the gap should be (0.2-0.05mm). Well, and accordingly, if there are incorrect gaps, we correct them in the same way as the first time.
The displacement of the valves from the seats entails several negative factors:
- Increased fuel consumption due to unstable operation and interaction of pistons and valves. In the process of displacement of the place, the valve does not perform its function so accurately, the overall efficiency decreases, causing mechanical losses in operation, which in turn leads to an increase in the car’s fuel appetite;
- Increased natural wear of engine parts. Parts made of steel are subject to constant stress and wear out over time. However, inaccuracy in the setting of parts can stimulate wear processes, and valves are a prime example here. With an increase in the required clearances, wear increases and, accordingly, the total engine resource decreases.
Therefore, the engine valves need to be periodically adjusted in order to maintain the durability of the entire vehicle system. In modern engines equipped with hydraulic compensators, the valve adjustment procedure is not required, the 402 engine does not belong to such a series and requires periodic adjustment.
On the video how to adjust the valves on the 402 engine:
Purpose of valves in the engine
During its operation, the engine consumes air and fuel, and produces exhaust gases. The valves are used so that the air-fuel mixture enters the cylinder (through the intake valve) and the exhaust gases are removed (through the exhaust valve). The alternation of the intake and exhaust cycles is called the engine duty cycle. It consists of four bars.
- Inlet. The inlet valve is open. The piston moves down and, due to the vacuum created in the cylinder, entrains the air-fuel mixture, which flows through the open intake valve.
- Compression. Both valves are closed. The piston moves up (towards the spark plug) and compresses the air / fuel mixture.
- Working stroke. Both valves are closed. The spark plug produces a spark that ignites the air / fuel mixture. During the combustion of the air-fuel mixture, a lot of gas is formed, which pushes the piston down.
- Release. The outlet valve is open. The piston moves upward and pushes exhaust gases out of the cylinder through the open exhaust valve. The working cycle of the engine consists of four strokes, during which the working mixture is supplied, compressed and burned, then the exhaust gases are removed
The meaning of valve adjustment
The valve opening is controlled by the camshaft cam. When the engine is running, the valve heats up and lengthens, which can lead to incomplete closing. To compensate for this elongation, there is a gap between the valve and the camshaft cam. The meaning of valve adjustment is reduced to setting the required value of this clearance.
Different timing designs
modern design. When the camshaft cams are pressing against the pushrod cup. And that, in turn, is on the valve. This design is used on VAZ 2108-10 cars. Valve clearances are adjusted using special calibrated washers. They come in different sizes. Are selected depending on the size of the thermal clearance between the cup and the cam of the camshaft.
The most modern system includes the use of hydraulic lifters as pushers. Valve clearance adjustment is not required with this design. The hydraulic compensator is located between the camshaft cam and the valve. When the engine is running, oil is supplied under pressure into the compensator cavity. In it, the cavity expands under oil pressure. And the gaps are completely removed. When the cam is pressed against the compensator. He starts moving. The oil pressure supply channel is closed. Oil flows into a confined space. And it does not allow the internal cavity of the compensator to shrink. As a result, the force from the cam is transmitted to the valve. As you can see, the thermal gaps are removed immediately. After the oil pressure has expanded the compensator cavity. And the movement of the cams is transmitted to the valve without gaps.
If valve knocking is heard. This means that when the valve is pressed on the compensator, the oil comes out of the compensator. Through the outer surface of the expansion joint and the body of the block head. That is, the seat of the expansion joint is worn out, AND allows a breakthrough in oil pressure. Or the piston is jammed in the compensator cavity. And no Expansion happens.
In the case where a mechanical transmission of pressure from the camshaft cam to the valve is used. Requires constant adjustment of the thermal clearances of the valves.
The principle of operation of a 4-stroke engine
The camshaft in the engine is used to open and close valves. Depending on the strokes of the cylinders. There are 4 engine strokes.
- The first working stroke is air compression. In the case of diesel engines. And the fuel mixture in the case of gasoline engines. The piston moves from bottom dead center to top. Compresses. The valves must be closed.
- The second stroke consists in the movement of the piston to the bottom dead center. Under pressure. The hot fuel expands. Creates pressure. Which does the work of the engine.
- Third measure. The piston moves from bottom dead center to top. This opens the outlet valve. Exhaust gases are emitted. When the piston reaches VIT, the outlet valve closes. And starts to open the intake valve.
- Fourth measure. The piston from TDC moves to BDC. A vacuum is created in the cylinder. Therefore, air in diesel engines and the fuel mixture in gasoline engines begins to flow into the cylinder. For subsequent compression in the first stroke of the engine.
Valves must open and close in a timely manner. Camshaft cams control valve closing and opening.
At a certain stroke of the engine. The cams do not directly act on the valves. Elements of various designs are installed between the cams and valves. Depending on the engine model. These can be barbells. rocker arm of the engine valve. Rocker. Pushers. All of these elements also heat up and expand. Accordingly, the thermal gap between all elements changes. From camshaft to cams. All this is taken into account when the engine is running. And a specific clearance is set for each engine model. Depending on the design of the gas distribution mechanism.
Why is the valve clearance increasing?
The increase in gaps is due to the fact that the rubbing surfaces are subject to wear. Clearances are increased by wear between the valve and rocker arm, rocker arm and rod. Barbell and pusher. The cams on the camshaft are erased. Wear increases on the camshaft journal and on the rocker arm shaft. Beating appears between the rocker arm and the rocker arm shaft. And what kind of timing design does not take everywhere there are surfaces that wear out among themselves.
The order of the cylinders of a 4-cylinder engine.
If one cylinder has worked. after him the next one enters into work. Which one. depends on the design of the engine. If the engine has an in-line arrangement of cylinders. The crankshaft has such a structure
The first cylinder has worked the next will be either 2 or 3
Therefore, the order of operation of the cylinders of a 4-cylinder in-line engine will be as follows
Other engine designs have a different cylinder order. It is important to know the order of operation of the cylinders for each engine. To regulate the valve of exactly the cylinder that is at TDC exactly at the moment of compression.
If we have the order of work 1-3-4-2, this means that first we adjust the first cylinder then 3 then 4 then 2
Reduced valve clearances
Cause leaking valves and is associated with valve and valve seat wear. The valve rotates around its axis. The valve springs are designed in this way. That every time you press the valve. He turns around. This allows you to evenly distribute the load on the valve over the entire contact plane. During operation, the valves constantly hit the seat and turn at the moment of contact. All this leads to wear of the seat and valve. As a result, the valve rises up. And as a result, the gap between the valve and the rocker decreases.
And if the clearance is not adjusted in time, the valve will stop closing since it will constantly press on the rocker arm. The article mentions the design of the timing belt, which includes. Camshaft, tappet cup, rod, rocker arm and valve. This design is used if the camshaft is located in the engine block. If the camshaft or two camshafts are located in the engine head. A different design of the gas distribution mechanism is used. In which the camshaft is first on the rocker which is the rocker arm. This design is installed on Italian engines used in the VAZ 2101-07. Valve adjustment is carried out between the camshaft cam and the rocker.
Consequences of increased valve clearances
Increased valve clearances have the following consequences. The valves open later and close earlier than expected. At the inlet. The valves close earlier. This prevents the cylinders from being filled to their full capacity. The piston will compress less air or fuel mixture. As a result, the pressure of the expanding gases will decrease. The fuel will not completely burn out in the cylinder. If you run out of air. Soot is formed. Partially unburned fuel will burn out in the next cylinder cycle. And as a result, there will be local overheating of the piston group. These are very high temperatures. Over 1000 degrees. Local overheating of the engine will have consequences. Which will lead to burnout of the piston, valves of the inter-valve septa. As a result, the cylinder head will not be repairable.
After the fuel has finished working. The outlet valve should open. But with an increased gap, it will open later. After the piston starts moving up. The valve will be closed for a while. The piston will meet resistance in the exhaust stroke. Will close earlier. It will not be possible for all gases to escape from the combustion chamber This will affect the engine power.
In the intake stroke, the piston does not create the required vacuum. Air and fuel are supplied in a smaller volume. This reduces engine power.
The mismatch of thermal clearances up or down has a bad effect on the operation of the engine. Reduces its power and creates the likelihood of burning out the elements of the piston group. During operation, the gaps can both increase and decrease.
Adjusting valve clearances. what is it for
Adjustment of valve clearances is required to maintain optimal thermal clearances between the timing elements. When heated, the metal expands and the gaps between the engine parts are reduced. All engine clearances are calculated in this way. What is their optimal value. It is set when the engine reaches a temperature of 80 to 120 degrees. That is, at these temperatures, the engine operates optimally.
It can be operated at maximum power. Therefore, a cold engine warm-up procedure is required. First of all, in order to establish optimal clearances between the engine parts. that is, we are setting thermal clearances. which are designed for thermal expansion of engine parts. So that when heated they become as small as possible. But they ruled out the possibility of their complete absence. Valve clearances should be as small as possible. To ensure the opening and closing of the valves. No gap bridging delay.
Adjustment of the walk-behind tractor: carburetor, valves, fuel system
This article describes the adjustment of the walk-behind tractor, namely its main parts: the carburetor, valves and the fuel system. The process is not easy, so we have included some photos and videos as well. You can also read repair tips here.
Adjusting the carburetor of the walk-behind tractor
The instability of the engine speed of the walk-behind tractor indicates that the carburetor needs adjustment. The need to perform this procedure, as a rule, arises either before the beginning of the agricultural season, when the equipment has not been used for a long time, or, on the contrary, at the very height of the season, when the cultivator is subjected to significant loads for a long period of time. Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to warm up the engine. The work process itself looks like this:
- The screws regulating low and maximum throttle are screwed in completely, after which they are loosened by about one and a half turns.
- The motor is started with a starting device or manually, and warms up for about 10 minutes.
- The lever that controls the operation of the power plant must be set to the minimum position. But the motor should not stop at the same time.
- The throttle throttle adjusting screw will help to adjust the minimum idle speed so that the diesel engine is stable, without extraneous noise and stops.
- The rotation of the screws makes it possible to accurately set the amount of combustible mixture that enters the motor.
- Tightening the propeller enriches the mixture, while unscrewing it, on the contrary, increases the volume of air entering the engine.
Using the idle screw, adjust the maximum idle speed. The same should be done with minimum speed, using the throttle stop screw. The essence of such an adjustment is that the shutter screw allows you to adjust the angle to which it is closed.
The lever responsible for controlling the motor should be moved to the “throttle” position. If the operation of the cultivator still cannot be called stable, the full throttle screw is adjusted until a perfect stroke is observed. However, the maximum permissible propeller speed is 2.5.
The accuracy of carburetor adjustment can also be determined by how the spark plug looks after a short period of time under load. If the working mixture is ideal, then there will be neither carbon deposits nor traces of fuel on the spark plug, which indicate that the combustible mixture is too lean or, conversely, too rich. However, it should be noted that carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the spark plug can speak not only of incorrect adjustment, but also of more serious problems of the Chinese or domestic walk-behind tractor, including faulty ignition or cooling system.
Adjusting the valve clearance of the walk-behind tractor
Over time, with significant loads, the valve clearance of the walk-behind tractor engine changes. This may be due to wear on parts. Insufficient distance leads to the fact that the stages of gas distribution change significantly. As a result, it is not possible to achieve a sufficient compression ratio, and the power device works intermittently, without reaching the declared power. In especially serious situations, you can even observe the deformation of the valves. If the gap is too large, significant mechanical noises are recorded, the gas distribution phases also change significantly, the valves open for too short a time, due to which the cylinder does not fill up properly, the power drops, and malfunctions occur. Clearance adjustment is necessary immediately, as soon as the engine operation becomes incorrect or begins to occur with significant noise. Ideally, the engine being adjusted should be cooled down.
So, first you need to get to the flywheel. It is on this part that the value of the top dead center is marked. But to get to the flywheel, you first need to remove the casing, and before that, remove the oil bath of the air filter. It is possible to facilitate the task in the process of removing the casing if you fix all the latches with rubber bands. All bolted connections are unscrewed with a key, after which the cover can be removed without problems.
On the flywheel, you can see marks that indicate TDC, as well as values of 5, 10 and 20 degrees. The 20 degree mark indicates the injection of the combustible mixture. The flywheel should be brought under the top dead center, focusing on the appropriate division. The valve cover is unscrewed and removed.
In the process of adjustment, you need to use the following tools:
According to the technical data sheet, the valve clearance of the walk-behind tractor engine is from 0.1 to 0.15 millimeters, and therefore, with the help of a blade, it can be adjusted very accurately. However, you need to pay attention to the fact that some blades are 0.8 mm thick, which is unacceptable. The exact value can be found with a micrometer or on the manufacturer’s website.
The adjustment is carried out as follows:
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the nut, insert the blade and begin to tighten.
- Focus on the blade and tighten the nut gently.
- Adjust until valve free play is eliminated. It should fit snugly enough.
- Reassemble the casing and place the oil sump in place by hand.
If all manipulations are carried out without errors, then the engine will run smoothly and without unnecessary noise.
Biggest Mistake You Will Make When Adjusting The Valves
Adjusting the fuel system of the walk-behind tractor
If no fuel is supplied to the cylinder, the first step is to check if there is enough fuel in the tank. You also need to check whether it goes to the carburetor. For this, a hose is removed from the inlet connection of the device. If we are talking about a carburetor of the K45 type, you should press on its quench so that the fuel begins to pour out through the drain hole.
If the fuel does not enter the carburetor, then you need to turn off the fuel supply valve, completely disassemble it and remove accumulations of dirt from the mechanical filter. To achieve maximum cleanliness, all components must be treated with gasoline. The fuel cock is assembled and returned to its original place.
If fuel enters the carburetor, but is not supplied to the cylinders, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the fuel valve, as well as the presence of dirt on the jets.
To deal with the carburetor of a gasoline walk-behind tractor of the KMB-5 type, you need to remove it from the engine and pour out the fuel from the float chamber. Through the fitting (see figure), with the help of which the gasoline is supplied, it is necessary to supply the air mixture, having previously installed the carburetor in the operating position. The passage of air should go unhindered, and when the carburetor is turned over, it should completely stop. These features indicate the full performance of the part.
Details in the figure: 1. fuel supply connection; 2. upper body; 3. throttle valve; 4. idle needle; 5. jet; 6. lower body; 7. air damper; 8. screw fixing the tie; 9. maximum gas needle; 10. spraying element; 11. float; 12. fuel supply valve.
The fuel level inside the float chamber can be adjusted using the float tab. Ideally, it should range from 3 to 3.5 centimeters.
To purge the jets, it is necessary to unscrew the screws responsible for full and low throttle. Cleaning the carburetor parts begins by unscrewing the screws that hold the upper housing. The lower body is removed, the fuel supply valve is flushed with gasoline, and the dirt from the nozzles is blown out by a pump. It is necessary to check if the float is intact. It is absolutely impossible to use rags in the cleaning process.
After completing the cleaning, the housings are connected. It is necessary to check that the spray tube is clearly inserted into the hole located on the upper body. Open the throttle valve and check how well the assembly is done. The screws that secure the upper case are tightly tightened. After the assembly process is completely completed, the carburetor should be adjusted. This will significantly improve the performance of a heavy walk-behind tractor with attachments, since for correct operation, perfect adjustment of all its parts is required.
If the carburetor DM 1.08.100 is installed on the engine of the cultivator, then the procedure for adjusting it will be as follows:
- Tighten the idle screw 10 until it stops and unscrew it half a turn.
- Then tighten the full throttle screw 9 and completely unscrew it 2 turns.
- Unscrew the screw 4 minimum engine revolutions right up to the stop of the lever against the bore of the carburetor body and tighten 2 turns.
- Start the engine of the walk-behind tractor, and then adjust stable operation at maximum speed after warming up with screw 9.
Do not disengage the engine control lever. Move it to the position of minimum throttle (revolutions) and by unscrewing screw 10 set stable idle revolutions. This completes the setup.
That, in principle, is the whole repair. The main points of adjusting the main parts of the walk-behind tractor are considered. Use our manual (instructions) and prevent faults. Enjoy adjusting your single axle tractor or cultivator!