What Are The Trimmers
Manual lawn mowers (trimmers) fit for regular lawn mowing in a small area even with an uneven surface, because they can mow at any angle. The trimmer is a bar-holder, at the lower end of which there is a cutting device with a line. And with high power. In addition with a circular cutter. The mower hangs on a belt on the operator’s shoulder, literally making it easier for him to work.
The trimmer can be equipped with electric or gasoline engine. Electric is located at the lower or upper end of the boom, and gasoline. Only at the top.
The protective cover limits the cutting edge and protects the mower’s feet from injury. When working, the left hand holds the boom handle (adjusting, if necessary, the cutting height), and the right hand holds the handle with the engine control button.
The main advantage of trimmers. The ability to mow grass on uneven areas and close to bushes and trees. However, it will not be possible to maintain the same cutting height.
What are lawn mowers and how to choose the right one
Creating a beautiful lawn and keeping it in order is not an easy job. And to make it easier, you need a reliable assistant. A lawn mower. There are many good and different models on sale. And although they all have the same purpose, they differ from each other in a number of parameters. Let’s try to figure them out.
The electric trimmer is operated from a household electrical outlet. To his merits can be attributed:
- Light weight,
- Environmental friendliness (no exhaust gases and noise).
Disadvantages of an electric trimmer:
- Binding to the network (outlet),
- The presence of a stable voltage,
- An ever-interfering cable on the lawn,
- Low power.
And the cable itself has a limited length: you can’t mow far from home.
Battery trimmer. The same as an electric one, but the engine does not work from the outlet, so you can mow at any distance from the house. This is his basic convenience. However, the mowing area is determined by the capacity of the battery.
Power units on trimmers what lawn mowers are
Manufacturers produce lawn mowers with the following types of power units:
- Gasoline. Powered by two-stroke (less often four-stroke) engines
- Electric. The design uses electric motors powered by a 220V household network
- Rechargeable batteries are a cross between gasoline and electric. They are based on DC electric motors that operate from an autonomous power source. A rechargeable battery
What to choose among these models of lawn mowers? To purchase the most suitable model of grass-cutting equipment, you must first find out all the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Cordless Trimmer When Using It Effectively
Relatively recently, battery types of trimmers have appeared, which have eliminated all the shortcomings, as in the above units. To understand what the cordless trimmer is for, you must first figure out its design, advantages and disadvantages.
The operation of the units under consideration is based on the use of a direct current electric motor. This motor shares similarities with electric trim motors except for the power threshold. Battery models have a priori low power, so it should be noted right away that they are not able to cope with tall and thick-stemmed grass. The motor is powered by an independent power source. Rechargeable batteries, usually with lithium-ion filling.
The advantages of the types of trimmers under consideration include:
- Easy to use
- The presence of the option to change the angle of the head position
- Lack of attachment to an electrical outlet
- Unpretentiousness and environmental friendliness
Having eliminated the disadvantages of electric and gasoline units in battery packs, one could consider them the most effective. However, battery models have their own significant disadvantages. These disadvantages are manifested through the following factors:
- Low power readings, so you cannot use this trimmer for cutting grass in the field
- Short battery life, which directly depends on the size of the load. The thicker the grass and the thicker the stems, the faster the battery will drain. On average, the devices are capable of working for 20-30 minutes, and after discharge, they require recharging for at least 1-2 hours
- Expensive. Battery models are more expensive than electric ones, which is associated with the use of expensive lithium-ion containers. However, rechargeable devices are no more expensive than gasoline ones.
Types of trim tabs by engine location. How they differ and what is better
Choosing a trimmer, you will definitely find another difference. This is the location of the power units. These places are different, and what this affects, we will find out further.
- The bottom powertrain is predominantly electric and battery trims. On petrol lawn mowers, the engines are located only at the top. The obvious advantages of such units should be attributed to the simplicity of the design, since there is no transmission mechanism, and ease of operation. Their only drawback is that they are not intended for cutting wet grass, as water can enter the engine. Even if the device is protected from water, the limitation of its use for cutting grass during dew is not eliminated. In addition, low power trim models have low power ratings, which is also their disadvantage. The presence of the option to change the angle of the head position allows not only mowing in a horizontal position, but also at different angles
- Overhead trims are the most popular trim versions. Over, these include gasoline, electric and battery. They are not afraid of operation during dew, and also have a significantly larger power reserve than units with engines below
Having considered all types of trimmers, it begs the quite pertinent question of what is better to choose? Brief conclusions about what to focus on are presented below.
What are trimmers and what are they
The trimmer is an agricultural hand-held motorized tool, a type of lawn mower. It is designed for cutting grass, reeds, bushes and small trees. It is a modern version of the braid. The name is borrowed from the English language, where to trim is “trim”, “trim”. For the correct choice of a trimmer, it is necessary to take into account the features of its design, type of engine power supply, power, as well as the area and landscape of the land plot. All this will be discussed below.
Features and device
The lawn mower requires that the work surface is not hilly. The trimmer can also work in areas with small bumps, as well as trim the grass along fences, around bushes and trees, mow grass and small tree shoots.
The trimmer consists of a long handle. The motor can be located at the top or bottom of this tool. A cutting mechanism is attached to its lower end. A knife or fishing line. Trimmer models are available in which both of these attachments are used alternately. The tool can have a handle of two types: in the form of the letters T or D.
Models with a T-handle are more suitable for working in large open spaces. In this case, the user’s movements will exactly follow the movements, as when using a conventional braid. These trimmers are indispensable for large volumes of work in large areas.
A D-handle trimmer can help you tackle lush garden vegetation, bushes and paths. This tool can be equipped with an additional J-shaped handle on which the knife is mounted.
A number of manufacturers produce trimmers with connectors for attaching attachments. Thus, this tool can be used not only as a scythe, but also as a hedge trimmer or lopper, cultivator and even a snow blower. In addition, such a trimmer is more convenient to wash, and when disassembled it is easy to fit into the trunk of almost any car.
The trim tabs can run on gasoline or use electricity. Depending on this, there are two types of them: electric and gasoline.
This type of trimmer is convenient for working in recreation areas and other public places. They are almost silent and have low power, easy to use (triggered by pressing a button). Over, they are environmentally friendly.
The main purpose of trimmers is to maintain the appearance of previously treated areas. It is not intended to be used from scratch: it is very difficult for them to cut off dense grass and thick weed stalks.
The engine of such a tool needs a power source, which most often needs to be connected using a long power cord. This constrains the freedom of action of the user, in addition, there is a danger of the wire falling under the knife.
Trimmers with a built-in battery are much more convenient to use. But during the day they can mow the grass for a maximum of half an hour. All the rest of the time must be spent on recharging the batteries, which are heavy, low-powered and quite capricious during operation and storage.
By design, electric trimmers can be of two types: top-engine or bottom-engine.
Tools with a motor underneath are designed for systematic cutting of lawn grass that differs from usual in its softness. Their mode of operation is short; they require frequent stops during operation. These trimmers must not be used in rain or wet grass.
Overhead tools are more powerful but also more expensive. They are equipped with thicker fishing line, which makes it possible to mow thicker, wet and tall grass.
The most productive trimmers are petrol. Such a tool, which has a disc and a bobbin in the kit, will be most suitable for caring for the land. With its help, you can not only overcome the virgin soil, but also prepare grass for pet food.
While petrol trimmers are a bit heavy and take longer to maintain, they are indispensable for large jobs. Such a tool is able to withstand maximum loads: work all day for 30–45 minutes with short breaks.
When choosing a gasoline trimmer, it should be borne in mind that during operation it vibrates strongly and creates an increased noise level. In addition, they are less environmentally friendly.
A variety of petrol trimmers are lawn mowers. They are designed for cutting thick, thick grass. Lawn mowers have special cutting discs, with the help of which it is easier to care for the area around the house and vegetation in hard-to-reach places.
Trimmers are available in various capacities. Their performance directly depends on this characteristic.
The 175–550 W low-power tools are designed exclusively for mowing dry lawn grass. They are equipped with a thin line (1.5-2 mm) and are lightweight. Their price is relatively low.
Overhead power tools from 600 to 1300 W are designed for mowing tall, thick and wet grass. They are equipped with thicker fishing line (2–2.4 mm). The cost of these trimmers is higher.