What Oil Is Poured Into A Hammer
How to grease the punch gear
How to lubricate so as not to smear? Punch Lubricant
The puncher, like any other tool, needs timely and high-quality maintenance; otherwise, its performance is significantly reduced, wear is increased, and the service life of components and parts is reduced.
One important maintenance component is the repeated change of lubrication. But before that, when you start maintenance work, you need to know exactly how to lubricate the punch and what kind of lubricant for the punch you need specifically.
Lubricant for the punch.
Characteristics and purpose
The concept of “punch lubricant” combines many different substances designed to form a stable layer between friction surfaces in order to reduce the coefficient of friction. This reduces the effect of the phenomena that are inevitable during friction: braking, mechanical wear, and heating.
However, a substance that has been used for a long time, itself begins to pose a danger to interacting surfaces. It absorbs small particles of rubbing devices, external pollution.
This not only reduces the viscosity of the lubricant, but actually turns it into an abrasive. As a result, the principle of action is reversed.
To avoid this kind of problem, you should occasionally replace the spent product with the latest one during the maintenance of the tool. The frequency of maintenance is set by the manufacturer and is governed by the documents attached to the tool, as a rule, the recommended type and brand of lubricant is also indicated there.
Almost all incorrectly believe that overheating of the unit during operation indicates the need for replacement. This can only partially be confirmed if this phenomenon is systematic.
In most cases, overheating is caused by an uneven distribution of the agent between the parts and its missing quantity at a certain point in time in this node. It’s quite simple to change the operating mode of the punch (from drilling to chiselling or vice versa) and give little work to idle.
Which lubricant to use?
There are no universal greases that are suitable for use in all nodes of the device and cannot be due to the specificity of their operation criteria.
The dimensions and tolerances of surfaces, rotational or sliding speeds, directivity and magnitude of loads are taken into account. The consequence is the need for lubricants x with a different mixture and other operational parameters.
Differentiated substances are produced by most large manufacturers of tools and related products, for example, Makita, Zubr, Prorab, Interskol, etc. The best option is to use lubricants from the manufacturer of your tool.
Lubricant for perforator gear
Before you begin, you need to know how to lubricate the punch gear.
The unit uses watery oils with a low viscosity coefficient. On the housing in the installation area of the gearbox there is a filler neck with a cover equipped with a sealing ring. Complete isolation of the gearbox from external contamination is the only condition that must be observed when changing its lubrication.
How to grease the punch holder?
The chuck is a part of the tool that is more sensitive to residues of old pollution. Deposits spent in can cause significant wear on rotating surfaces, therefore, before changing the lubricant, the cartridge is painstakingly washed with brutal liquids: kerosene, acetone, solvent, etc.
The grease for the cartridge can be selected, guided by 2 principles:
- View the annotation attached to the tool. Most often, recommended remedies are indicated there;
- Purchase a lubricant from at least some trusted and well-known manufacturer.
Lubricant for drill punch
The drill works in more languid criteria, perceiving shock, tangent, thermal and other overloads. Of course, the effect of similar criteria can quickly damage both the drill and even the seat. To avoid overheating, lubrication is used for the drill of the punch.
The normative documentation for the punch or set of drills should indicate the list of lubricants in, the use of which is recommended.
Before lubricating the drill punch, you need to clean it from dust, dirt and other foreign particles.
The application process itself is very simple. The substance is applied evenly on the entire working surface.
How to lubricate a hammer drill? Top grease change tips
Before lubricating the punch, it is imperative to clean the parts from the old layer of protective agent and dirt, wash and wipe it perfectly. Only then can a fresh coat of grease be applied.
Do not forget that parts that do not participate in the slide are not necessary to be lubricated. This can only harm the tool.
If your work is specifically related to drilling and the puncher is used very often, you should create a personal lubricant change schedule for you, and not be controlled by the data specified in the tool passport. Increase the frequency of oil change can and excessive flowability of the processed.
It is extremely unnecessary to mix lubricants from various manufacturers. This can adversely affect the character and work of the hammer and its reliability.
A puncher is a successful and often irreplaceable tool, and a competent organization of timely maintenance with a change of lubricant will be the key to its performance and durability.
The shows how to completely disassemble and lubricate a pistol type hammer drill.
Punch lubricant. Sincere concern for the tool!
Modern perforators, depending on the class, can be used for drilling, drilling and chiselling, even in such hard x as concrete.
All these modes, except for excessive noise, during work lead to the release of a huge amount of dust, small stone chips, etc.
Such extreme conditions often force the cleaning and lubrication of the device. Traditionally, two types of grease are recommended for work: grease for the perforator gearbox and for drill tips, drills, and other replaceable working nozzles. At the same time, the most liquid oil is used to lubricate the gearbox.
For most models, the instructions for use indicate the timing and frequency of the oil change.
Accordingly, in the case of perforators there are special hatches and holes for filling oils, which are closed by sealed covers or screws.
As a rule, there are no problems with the choice of oil type for high-quality rotary hammers of recognized manufacturers. The instructions indicate tips on which oil to put into the hammer, in what quantity. But what if there is no such data? It is advisable to use oil for diesel engines.
For some models of perforators, both professional and amateur, the operating mode is also fundamental. The individuality of their design with prolonged use of the chiselling mode associated with excessive vibration leads to a cessation of lubricant supply to the working areas of devices requiring lubrication.
Along with this tool heats up harder. So that the oil for the punch again comes into these zones, it is necessary at times (once every 20 minutes) to run into drilling mode, thereby ensuring not only the lubrication of the rubbing parts, but also their cooling. Of course, that such a change of modes will favorably affect the long-term performance of the punch.
Knowing how to lubricate the perforator gear, the least, it is important to do this with a certain periodicity.
How often is it necessary to change the oil, how to manage it and how to determine when the replacement dates will come? Specialists advise doing this with an eye on the annotation, but be controlled by the practical side and, first of all, by the intensity of using the tool, the magnitude of the loads when performing work, the criteria for their implementation (dustiness including).
Preventive substitution is recommended after changing the motor brushes. Although an experienced master in sound and excessive rigidity of the instrument is able to find the need to change the oil.
Before lubricating the punch, it is necessary to clarify whether the warranty period has expired.
Therefore, not all models have access to the gear housing in the form of a hatch or hole. And in this case, it may be necessary to disassemble the case. It is better to entrust it to the specialists of the service center. Over, if the instrument is still under warranty.
When lubricating the gearbox without the help of others, you must first remove the old one. To do this, the crankcase is washed with kerosene, diesel fuel or watery machine oil (“spindle”).
If you have to disassemble the case, the mechanism can be pre-purged to remove accumulated dust and dirt. Remember that by blowing and washing the mechanisms, you should lubricate everything that had been lubricated before (for example, helical gear), and that it did not have it, in no case should it be lubricated (for example, a transmission clutch).
An exemplary procedure involves the preparation of lubricants. As extreme, it is recommended to use greases from the manufacturer of the drill, despite their highest cost. Perhaps, in the absence of a proprietary one, the most universal lubricant for a drill of a perforator is recognizable lithol.
With regard to drill shanks and other interchangeable nozzles, experts unanimously advise covering them with a small amount (not the most peas) of lubricant, for example, lithol or solid oil.
This must be done every time before installation in the chuck.
After removing the nozzle, the shank must be cleaned cleanly from accumulating dust. By the way, the choice of lubricant, especially for shanks, must be done with caution, avoiding oils that can cause adhesion due to heating of the nozzle and jamming of the shock mechanism.
Lubricant for the puncher. Extend the life of the tool
Lubricant for the punch is needed to maintain good tool performance.
That is, it is often needed. After all, the parts in the gearbox are in constant contact with each other. In addition to everything, dust constantly gets inside. In this article, we describe how to apply the lubricant correctly.
Why does a rotary hammer need lubrication?
Video. Hammer drill repair
Current rotary hammers are divided into several classes. Almost all of them are intended only for chiselling, some are suitable for drilling, some models can drill different.
There are also punchers combining for themselves all of the above functions at once. When working with each of these tools, a tremendous amount of dust is released, which clogs the device. That is why repeated cleaning and lubrication of the tool is needed. This will extend the life of the punch and will not cause it to break.
There are two types of lubricant:
- For drills;
- Drill tips;
- For gearbox.
To lubricate the gearbox, liquid oil is often used from the manufacturer (Makita, Bosch).
How this is done is traditionally described in a special manual for the device. It also prescribes the timing and frequency of lubrication. In the tool body there are special openings and hatches into which oil is poured. After they are hermetically closed. Thus, the oil properly fills the gear housing, and the parts are moderately lubricated.
Lubricant for perforator gearbox. How to choose it?
The shows the disassembly and assembly of the punch
As a rule, in the annotation for each device the necessary lubricant is prescribed. For example, Makita special grease P-08361 is made. For Bosch are the rest of the compositions. Branded greases possess the necessary water resistance and prevent the formation of corrosion.
In the same case, when there is no information in the annotation, you can use some other means. But you should ask your sales assistant whether they fit directly under the hammer drill.
One of the most common means is diesel engine oil. Also considered a good graphite lubricant, which is often used for open worm gears. Litol 24 can be called popular, but it also causes additional heating and braking. And it doesn’t work for long, unlike branded oils. For battery devices is undesirable.
How to lubricate a hammer drill and what is needed for this?
Usually, almost all users have a question. How often is it necessary to lubricate a hammer drill?
After all, the intensity of use is different for everyone. Someone works with a puncher once a year, and someone constantly applies it for different jobs. Masters recommend looking at the magnitude of the loads, as well as tips in the annotation. In this case, be sure to consider whether the warranty period has passed the service.
The second question that arises among users is how to do it yourself? For example, the warranty period is over or you just want to do work at home. Modern devices have a special compartment where oil is poured.
As a rule, in the annotation it is written where exactly this hole is located. Also there should be a disassembly scheme. The amount of oil that is needed is placed there (this is indicated in the annotation). But before doing this, it is necessary to wash the crankcase with machine oil or kerosene. In the case where there is no special hole and the apparatus must be disassembled, you can additionally blow it.
[page = 1] [/ page] Only after washing and purging do they start lubrication. It is not necessary to lubricate the transmission clutch and other areas that do not need oil. In addition to the gearbox, if necessary, you can lubricate the drill and other interchangeable nozzles. Suitable for this “Litol.”
In the case when the device has an open cartridge, then you can lubricate the oil seal. It is only essential to apply a small amount of oil to these areas. This can be done before each nozzle installation. After removing it, be sure to wipe the shank away from dust.
Lubricant for perforator lithol or solid oil is purchased in any building supermarket. You can also find branded oils there.
In modern construction it is extremely difficult to do without a reliable and high-quality tool. One of the necessary electrical appliances is a hammer drill. Specifically, it can be used to drill holes in virtually all surfaces or to grind a channel under the wires, also this tool replaces the drill and jackhammer without any problems.
Such a substitution can be due to the fact that this equipment produces both rotational movements and longitudinal-axial. The article will discuss how to lubricate a rotary hammer with grease in order to greatly extend its service life.
- The main structural elements of the punch
- How to lubricate a rotary hammer
- How to get grease for a hammer drill
The very first hammer drill appeared in 1851, it was then used in the mining industry, it was manual and did not have such a well-equipped functionality.
But after a little more than 150 years, it has become one of the necessary tools for home professionals and professional builders. The design of the punch is quite complicated and in order to keep it forever and not to undergo early repair, it is recommended to carefully look at its condition. First of all, it is required to create lubrication of certain parts. This process will significantly extend the life of the electric assistant.
In order to understand why a hammer requires lubrication, you should familiarize yourself with its structure and principle of operation in more detail.
The main structural elements of the punch
In order for the puncher to perform its specific functions, you need to make a certain effort in the direction of the machined surface.
Such an impulse can be obtained thanks to a pneumatic or electromagnetic mechanism. The power of the tool depends on the energy of the impact and the power of the electric motor. That is, the more characteristics in joules and watts, the more powerful the instrument.
The main elements of a punch with an electromagnetic type of shock include:
- Electromagnetic coil (usually 2 pieces);
And the elements of a tool with a pneumatic type of action include:
- Piston and cylinder;
- Drill (or other nozzle).
Punchers with pneumatic shock today are the most common than with electromagnetic shock.
There are several options for their implementation, the main two, which differ in that the first uses a swinging bearing (the so-called “drunk”), and the second uses a crank mechanism. Tools with the first option differ in lightness and compactness, and with the second option, as a rule, they have medium or heavy weight.
Also, instruments are traditionally equipped with:
- Cartridge. Needed to fix the nozzle, there are several types: SDS Plus (installed in light tools) and SDS max (for medium and heavy machines), the first type has the ability to install a drill with shanks 1 cm across, with the second type the shank is 1.8 cm, also SDS Plus has 3 modes of operation (drilling, drilling, impact), and SDS max only 2 (drilling and impact).
It is possible to install a conventional cam-type cartridge (hollow cylinder with an adjusting ring and metal cams that hold the nozzle);
- Cartridge replacement system. A rapid change of the 1st type of cartridge (SDS) to another (cam);
- Reverse. Changes the rotation of the drill, it happens brush and electronic type;
- Gearbox. Represents a single case (crankcase) in which different gears (bevel, cylindrical, worm) are located, this arrangement of parts allows you to protect the main mechanism from damage and ingress of dirt and dust, the main function of the element is to change the speed of rotation of the shafts;
- Vibration protection. There are either passive or active (AVS marking, most of the languid punchers are supplied) types, they dampen vibration from shock, that is, reduce it, but they cannot be removed by one hundred percent, the active anti-vibration system has a shock-absorbing device. A counterweight to spring, and the passive system is rubber pads and a rubberized handle, that is, it protects slightly worse and is installed only on light household tools;
- Various indicators;
- Speed regulator;
- Safety clutch. It is necessary to stop the rotation of the cartridge in those cases when the nozzle seizes up during operation, there are 2 types: spring-cam (consists of coupling halves with teeth and springs) and friction (consists of disks);
- Electronic immobilizer. To stop the punch in emergency situations, for example, in voltage drop options, to avoid problems with the inventory and maintain its performance;
- Engine. There are 2 types: transverse (vertical placement, differs by a larger area for cooling and is considered the most protected from dust generated during operation, as a rule, they are used in versions where long drilling without interruptions is needed) and longitudinal (horizontal placement helps make the tool the most balanced, that is, increases its ergonomics, as well as the most compact).
Having dealt with the device of the punch, you should know what care the tool needs.
How to lubricate a rotary hammer
The main purpose of the punch is to drill, hammer and drill different surfaces.
As a rule, most of the tools that this tool works with tend to dust. Small particles falling on internal parts clog the apparatus. It should be borne in mind that the elements are in motion, during which they are in contact with each other, which means that their abrasion can begin. To maintain the operability of the tool, it is necessary to create its cleaning and lubrication in time. Only with such care can it be possible to extend the service life very much, to avoid an early breakdown and expensive repairs.
Important: grease has several main varieties. One type is used for the gearbox and a completely different type is needed for drills or drill tips.
Each device has a detailed annotation for operation, which sets out the exact frequency of lubrication. Specifically, these tips should be followed.
There are general rules for all types of rotary hammers.
How to grease the punch gear
- So, to lubricate the gearbox, it is most often recommended to use compositions in the form of watery oil, which is poured in a certain dose into the tool body (in holes specially designed for this). Such oil fills the gear housing and is tightly insulated internally using installed covers on the holes or bolts. During operation, parts are moderately coated with this product. The more popular manufacturers of gear lubricants are Bosch and Makita.
- As an example, we can name two favorite types of products from these manufacturers, which are used during initial assembly or during tool repair:
- Grease “Makita P-08361” 30 ml, the approximate cost of 100 rubles.;
- Bosch 1615430005 oil 45 ml, the cost of about 300 rubles.
Tip: there are also plastic compounds for gearboxes (in the form of a cream), but it should be borne in mind that not all models of tools can work stably using such a mixture.
Each gear holder must have a gearbox lubricant. But if the punch is under warranty, it is best to create such an operation using the services of service centers, especially in the absence of special holes (that is, if you need to disassemble the tool).
How to lubricate a drill punch
- Lubricant for perforator drills is used to reduce the wear of nozzles, and also extends the operational life of the perforator (including by reducing the amount of dust penetrating inside).
A lubricant is applied before each insertion of the drill into the cartridge; for this, the nozzle grooves are lubricated with a small amount of agent. Before doing this operation for the first time, you need to carefully read the annotation to the tool. This is necessary in order to realize how to properly disassemble / assemble the punch, without damaging its parts and achieve proper operation. How the power tool will work depends on the amount of grease and its quality. If the ratio is incorrectly selected, the device may overheat and even fail. Therefore, before using this or that lubricant, it is worth checking whether there is a given manufacturer and type of product in the instructions in the annotations for operating the punch.
Bosch and Makita trademarks also create more widespread formulations for lubricating drill bits; only products have the thickest consistency. When starting lubrication, you need to wash and blow the tool, wipe it dry and only after that apply a fresh layer of protective agent. Those parts that do not need sliding should not be lubricated, as this can only destroy the hammer.
Such elements include, for example, a transmission clutch.
How to grease the punch holder
- Also, the composition should be applied to interchangeable nozzles under the drill in the form of a cartridge. The amount of the substance must be such as indicated in the annotation. From its overabundance or deficiency, the tool may fail.
- It is recommended to lubricate the shanks before each installation, after removing the nozzle, it must be cleaned from dust and used oil.
Choose the type of grease does not constitute a problem, in the annotation there are accurate tips, if there are none, then you can choose virtually any means from trusted manufacturers.
How to get grease for a hammer drill
Grease for Makita rotary hammer
The Japanese company, which since 1915 has been creating different types of instruments.
The very first owner of the company was Masaburo Makita, in whose honor the company still bears its name. To date, the company is one of the leading manufacturers of power tools (350 types) and accessories (4,500 varieties) for them.
How to disassemble and lubricate a Makita puncher
Range of products (lubricants):
- “042005-4A”. For SDS rotary hammers (packing 16 kg);
- “042024-0А”. For the gearbox of SDS rotary hammers (2.5 kg packaging);
- “P-08361”. For gearboxes reducers SDS MAX (package 30 grams);
- “183477-5”. For SDS rotary hammers (packing 30 grams);
- “181573-3”. Lubricant for drills (100 ml package).
Bosch Punch Lubricant
- The founder of the German concern was Robert Boch. An engineer and entrepreneur who in 1886 opened a small company for the sale and manufacture of electrical equipment.
And despite the fact that at first the staff consisted of only 1 mechanic and 1 electrical engineer, the company was able to achieve unusual heights.
Bosch tools are a reliable and ergonomic technique, with the most advanced achievements. The company’s policy is not to implement as many tools as possible, but to ensure that each purchased device lasts a very long time. That is precisely why they began to produce specially-designed proprietary products for caring for power tools, including perforators.
- “1615430009”, “1615430010”. Lubricants for inserted tool tips (30 ml package);
- “1615430012”. Oil for perforators (1 l package);
- “1615430014”. Lubrication in tubes for perforators (45 ml package);
- “1615430015”. Grease in tubes for perforators (225 ml package);
- “1615430016”. Grease for rotary hammers (1 kg package);
- “1615430019”. Grease for rotary hammers (1 l package);
- “1615437509”, “1615437511”, “1615437512”. Lubricants for rotary hammers, complete with a sealing frame (50 ml package);
- “3605430008”. Hydraulic oil (1 l package).
Lubcon rotary hammer grease
- German company, founded in 1980 in the town of Frankfurt.
It produces various types of synthetic lubricants for power tools. Products are supplied worldwide, including to Russia. The company positions its products as environmentally friendly compounds. For their development, only components that meet the highest requirements are used. Lubricants are distinguished by special thermal stability, they are not oxidized and excellently prevent friction even with the greatest overload.
These are water resistant formulations that guarantee the longevity of most power tools.
Product range for power tools:
- “Lubcon Thermoplex ALN 250 EP”. Lubricant for gearboxes;
- “Lubcon Thermoplex ALN 1002”. Lubricant for rotary hammers;
- Lubcon Turmogrease NM 4602/0 is an all-in-one lubricant formulation.
Lubricant for the NANOTEK puncher
The Russian company is engaged in the creation of synthetic, semi-synthetic, mineral, semi-fluid and plastic lubricating compounds. For the first time on the Russian market, products under this brand appeared in 2004 and since then, Nanonet has been expanding its own product range once a year.
Lubricants and oils meet the highest requirements of our time.
- Metallplak Electra grease is a plastic mass for processing drills (packing 125 grams).
Metabo rotary hammer grease
- The company first began operations in 1924, its founder is Albrecht Schnitzler and Julius Clos. The initial plans of the creators of the company were to produce tools that would meet the growing needs of modernity in terms of technology.
Initially, the instrument was a manual action, and only in the 30s of the 20th century began to produce electric devices.
- “Metabo 631800000”. Lubricant for drills (100 ml package).
Lubricant for perforator Bison
The company is a Russian manufacturer of various tools and instruments that have unsurpassedly established themselves both in the Russian and foreign markets.
Products have affordable cost and not bad quality, the assortment line is constantly supplemented with new product categories. All products pass tests in the laboratories of the company and only after their successful completion do they arrive at the design office. Finished products in an indispensable manner passes the control of the property, and, then, goes on sale.
- “Bison Expert 60”. Lubricant for drills (package 60 g);
- “Bison Expert 125”. Lubricant for drills (packing 125 g);
- “ZSB Zubr”. Lubricant for drills (packing 125 g).
Lubricant for puncher Interskol
The Russian company, today is one of the leading Russian manufacturers of power tools.
The company has extensive experience in the development and production of various products and has its own design and testing bureau. Factories are located in Russia and Spain, and the products are delivered to almost all European countries.
How to disassemble and lubricate the punch interskol
- “Interskol v9000327”. Lubricant for drills (packing 125 g);
- “Interskol v9001698”. Lubricant for drills (60 g package).
Lubricant for PRORAB puncher
Russian company for the production of power tools, accessories for them and related products, made in 2005.
To date, it has more than 1000 items of its own products. The manufacturer is distinguished by high-quality products at an affordable price.
- “PRORAB 0125”. Special lubricant for drills, plastic mixture (packing 125 g).
Kress Elektrowerkzeuge rotary hammer grease
A German company manufacturing various pneumatic and power tools was founded in 1928 and has established itself as a reliable manufacturer.
All tools have a branded warranty of up to 2 years, and in some cases up to 10 years (subject to service at specialized service centers).
- “Kress 98035301”. Lubricant for drills (50 ml package).
- Sometimes in household use such a lubricant as “Litol-24.” This is a petroleum oil that thickens with a special composition. The product is distinguished by chemical and mechanical stability, heat resistance and frost resistance (does not lose its own parameters at temperatures from 120 to 40 degrees), and also has water-repellent properties.
Such products are made in accordance with GOST and has several modifications.
- Such a tool is used for gear and articulated gears and for all types of bearings, as well as for the lubrication of tooling in power tools.
Specialists advise to treat a similar composition with caution, since lubrication can cause additional heating of the punch. In addition, it does not differ in long and stable operation, it is also better to refrain from introducing it into battery packs.
Branded lubricants, which are indicated in the instructions for the tool, will be most useful than the use of Litol, since they differ in the best water resistance, which means they protect the product from corrosion more reliably.