What Oil to Pour into a Husqvarna Lawnmower
Champion lawn mowers are well known to Russian consumers and are in high demand. Units are characterized by an optimal ratio of price and quality, which allows you to purchase reliable equipment for relatively little money.
Features, pros and cons
Champion lawn mowers are let in by a Chinese company with the active participation of the American firm Briggs Stratton. Manufacturing facilities are located in Taiwan, but parts and components are sourced from around the world: the USA, India and France. The company appeared on the world market relatively recently. In 2005, but was immediately appreciated by consumers and became a leader among manufacturers of garden equipment.
Many of the technologies used to produce Champion mowers are patented by the Swedish company Husqvarna, which only confirms their high quality and reliability. The main purpose of Champion lawn mowers is mowing grass, mowing grass and mulching a thin lignified shrub. Due to the presence of several operating modes, the mower can throw the mowed grass to the side, collect it in a grass catcher or finely mulch it and scatter it in the form of plant fertilizer in the area.
The high popularity of Champion lawn mowers is due to a number of important advantages of this garden equipment.
- Units consist of certified components and are of high build quality.
- A wide range is represented by a wide variety of mowers of different power and functionality, which allows you to purchase the unit in accordance with the size of the site and the complexity of the work.
- All lawn mowers are characterized by a large volume of grass catcher, due to which the time of continuous operation of the unit increases. In the process, the operator does not need to constantly monitor the fullness of the container and empty it in a timely manner.
- The cost of Champion equipment compares favorably with the cost of models of other well-known brands, which makes units even more in demand.
- The company produces lawn mowers running from different energy sources, which makes it possible to choose the most suitable option.
- All models of mowers are equipped with large passable wheels that allow you to perform work on terrain with difficult terrain.
- Lawn mowers have a folding handle, so they can be transported in the trunk of a car. In addition, when folded, the models are quite compact and do not create storage problems.
- Some Champion units are self-propelled. This greatly facilitates the operation of the mower and makes it more maneuverable.
But, like any other equipment, Champion lawnmowers still have flaws. These include the low power of electric models and the high consumption of gasoline in powerful units equipped with internal combustion engines.
Types and their device
Champion is currently producing lawn mowers equipped with electric and gasoline engines. Below is an overview of the varieties and their specifications.
Such models are equipped with a four-stroke gasoline internal combustion engine and are characterized by high power and functionality. With their help, you can mow the grass in the field and on rough terrain. Models have large passable wheels with ball bearings, and many of them are self-propelled. This significantly saves the operator’s strength and eliminates the need to exert physical effort when working.
Lawn mowers are ideal for large areas of up to 30 acres, on which the electric mower or trimmer can no longer cope. The units are equipped with a cutting height regulator, thanks to which they can work in several modes.
Engines are equipped with air cooling system, manual starter and electronic type ignition. Self-propelled models have rear-wheel drive and are very obedient to drive. The working knife is located on the motor shaft and cuts the grass when it rotates. The handles of the mowers have a folding structure, are fixed in two positions and equipped with a convenient rubber pad that prevents slipping of the operator’s hands.
Thanks to the presence of a primer, the engine is started almost instantly. The disadvantages of gasoline models include a lot of weight, which is due to the presence of a fuel tank, and harmful exhaust into the atmosphere. In addition, heavy aggregates do not overcome bumps well, because of which they often mow not only grass, but also cling sod.
Rims are made of plastic, which does not add strength to the unit.
Electric lawn mowers are virtually silent and do not emit harmful substances into the environment. They work from a 220 V power supply and are designed to process local areas up to 8 acres. The power of electric motors is low and varies from 1 to 1.8 kW. Units are lightweight and very convenient to operate. Unlike gasoline models, electric models do not require regular engine maintenance, oil changes, filters and spark plugs. The disadvantages of mowers with an electric motor include the dependence on the source of electric power and the inability to work in the field.
In addition, working with such units in wet weather is strictly prohibited.
These models are equipped with an electric motor, and are capable of running on battery power. The advantage of such units is the ability to work in the field, away from the source of electrical power. However, their life is limited by the battery capacity, which is why battery samples, of course, are inferior to gasoline models. Among the shortcomings can be noted a weak engine and the need for constant control over the battery level. In addition, the presence of the battery makes the lawnmower a little heavier.
Mechanical lawn mowers
These models are hand structures designed to handle small lawns and house lawns. In appearance, they resemble an ordinary trolley equipped with a drum with spiral knives built inside. The knives are connected to the wheels through gears, because of which the speed of their rotation is 4 times higher than the speed of rotation of the wheels. When the trolley moves, spiral knives press the grass against the main knife, located just below, and produce a cut. Unlike rotary and gasoline models, hand-held mowers do not emit any sounds at all, are completely environmentally friendly and can be used in wet weather. The disadvantages include the need for physical effort and a small range of mowing height.
To date, the company produces about 25 models, which allows you to choose a unit for every taste and budget. Below are a few of the most popular models that differ in power, type of engine and price.
- Champion LM 4215 Non-Self-Propelled Gasoline Lawn Mower equipped with a 1.5 kW engine, which is equivalent to 2 l / s, has a working width of 42 cm and is able to mow grass at a height of 2.5 to 7 cm. The volume of the gas tank is 0.6 l, which is enough for one hour of operation. The sound pressure level of the running engine is 96 dB, the sound power is 7.24 dB. The cost of the model is 13,200 rubles.
- Champion LM 5345BS self-propelled gasoline mower equipped with a 4.4 kW motor, which corresponds to 6 l / s, and mows grass at a height of 2.5 to 7.5 cm. The width of the knives is 53 cm, which allows you to process large areas in a short time. The model is equipped with a side and rear discharge function, it can mulch grass and dead wood, and has a gas tank volume of 1.25 liters. This unit costs 32,600 rubles.
- Electric lawn mower Champion EM3110 represents the simplest and budgetary unit and has one function. She can only mow the grass and collect it in the grass catcher. The device is equipped with a 1 kW engine, has a cut width of 32 cm and is able to cut a lawn with a height of 2 to 6 cm. The grass catcher volume is 30 l, the model weighs 6.8 kg and costs 4,200 rubles.
- Cordless Champion EMB 360 model works from a removable lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2.6 amperes per hour. Designed for mowing grass and mowing grass in areas of up to 300 m2. The mowing width reaches 38 cm, and the cutting height varies from 2 to 7 cm. The battery reaches full charge in one and a half hours, which is enough for 30 minutes of continuous operation. The weight of the model reaches 12.5 kg, and its cost is 13,600 rubles.
- Mechanical lawn mower Champion MM 4026 is a simple mechanism designed to cut low grass on a flat surface. The cutting height varies from 2.5 to 4 cm, and the working width is 40 cm. The model weighs 7.5 kg and costs 3,450 rubles.
How to choose?
When choosing a lawn mower A number of important points must be taken into account.
- For small electrified areas, you should choose electrical models: they are economical, low noise, do not give strong vibration, are easy to manage and do not pollute the environment.
- For mowing forbs mixed with lignified shrubs, as well as for servicing large areas with uneven terrain, the powerful gasoline model will be the best choice.
- Cordless mowers are suitable for mowing soft lawn grass on small lawns that are remote from the house. Such models are not suitable for processing large fields with complex vegetation.
In order for the mower to last as long as possible, you need to learn how to properly operate it.
- Before starting a new mower for the first time, you must carefully read the instructions.
- Before starting, you need to refuel the unit with gasoline. Fuel should be filled with AI-92 or AI-95 fuel.
- Next, fill in the oil using SAE 10W40 or SAE 30 engine oils. Subsequently, it must be replaced every 25 hours of operation.
- Then you need to manually pump gasoline using the fuel pump lever and press the power button. The working unit is put at the very minimum power and left to work for 4 hours.
- After running-in, the used oil is drained, and a new one is poured in its place.
- Every six months or after every 50 hours of operation, an air filter must be replaced.
- As for the operation of electric models, it is necessary to strictly observe the safety rules: do not plug the damaged cord into the network and do not use the unit in wet weather.
- After operation, the mower must be washed. To do this, connect a hose to a special fitting, wash the unit and wipe the body parts dry.
The most common damage to lawn mowers is due to the fact that the motor stalls or does not start. If this situation occurred with the electric mower, it is quite realistic that it requires rewinding the engine or other complex repairs. It’s unlikely that you can repair the unit yourself, so it’s better to immediately contact the service. Another thing is gasoline models, which you can try to fix yourself.
So, the cause of a non-working engine may be the lack of fuel in the tank, insufficient pressure on the primer, overfilling of the motor with gasoline, and the use of low-quality or old fuel. The engine may stall due to poor carburetor adjustment, a clogged filter, or piston ring failure. If the unit began to chew on grass, then the point is in dull knives.
And if in trimmers with a similar problem it is enough to wind a new fishing line on the reel, then in lawn mowers it is required to remove and sharpen steel knives.
Of the minuses, the need for secondary treatment of a site with too thick grass is often indicated. However, this applies only to low-power models that are unable to quickly cope with stormy vegetation.