What You Can Do With A Circular Saw
The forerunner of modern automatic saws were tools made of stone, bone, on which notches were applied from one edge. The beginning of this instrument was laid back in the fourth millennium BC. They are used both in chores and in the creation of various works of art.
Then the stone and bones were replaced by copper, iron, steel. The first mechanical saws appeared in the XXIV century in Germany. Saws with an electric motor were widely used only in the 20th century.
How to use a circular saw
How to work with the tool:
- When working, do not use clamps, a vice, other methods of rigidly fixing the workpiece. It is unacceptable to hold it with your hands or body.
- Do not overload the tool, doing work not intended for him.
- If the on / off key is broken, do not use the tool.
- When replacing accessories, making adjustments and other work, the tool must be disconnected from the power supply.
- Storage of the tool should be carried out in places inaccessible to children and pets.
- Remember to periodically perform maintenance on your tool.
What can be done with a circular saw
The principle of operation of this unit is based on the rotation of the cutting disc by an electric motor. The design of the saw is presented in two versions: manual or stationary. An important difference between these two versions is that the force from the engine to the disk in the stationary model is transmitted through the belt, while the manual disk itself is mounted on the shaft. A saw can cut wood both along and across the fibers, and select a quarter. The tool can cut soft metal, plastic, if you use special discs.
Circular Saw Setting
Before you start, you should:
- Put a disk;
- Ensure the reliability of its fastening;
- Make sure that the protective cover opens freely and returns to its original position when the handle is released;
- Check the correct installation of the proppant;
- Make sure that the saw works properly by holding it in the on mode for 10 seconds without load.
Adjusting the saw before work is quite simple. To do this, you must:
- Adjust the position of the guide slot on the table and the disc using a vernier caliper, aligning the guide slots with the blade evenly. When checking the tooth in the front and rear of the blade, the difference should not exceed 0.05 mm
- Check the parallel stop with a groove or slot. Here the offset should also not be greater than 0.05 mm
- It is necessary to combine the propping knife with the blade so that it is in line with the blade. In case of mismatch, more accurate adjustment is achieved by rotating the washers
- Securely tighten the mounting bolts to protect the table and the unit from vibration
Why do I need a circular saw
It is designed to cut softwood and hardwood boards with a moisture content of not more than 50% and a thickness of not more than 64 mm. It is allowed to cut plywood, aerated concrete, wood-shaving, asbestos-cement and cement-shaving plates.
A circular saw. How to cut it
The main stages of working with the tool:
- Set the minimum cut depth by adjusting the disc output down.
- Set the guide to the size of the part, measuring the length from the edge of the blade to the edge of the sole of the saw. Mark up the material.
- Make an initial cut of 3-5 mm.
- Continue sawing material without stopping all along the blade path.
- Use adhesive tape in place of the cut to avoid chips.