Which lawn mower is better self-propelled or non-self-propelled lawn mower
- Greenworks 82V (51 cm). one of the most powerful self-propelled models with all modes of ejection and processing of grass. Power supply parameters. voltage 80 V, capacity 2.5-12.5 A / H, maximum current 50 A.
- The STIGA Multiclip 47 S DAE is a self-propelled mulching mower without side discharge and grass catcher with two batteries. Energy source parameters. voltage 48 V, capacity 2×4 A / H, maximum current 80 A.
- BLACKDECKER CLM5448PC2-QW is a non-self-propelled mower with two batteries, which must be purchased separately. Battery parameters. voltage 54 V, capacity 2.5 A / h, maximum current 50 A.
- Ryobi RY36LMX51A-160 is a self-propelled cordless mower with a compartment for a spare power source. Power supply parameters. voltage 36 V, capacity 6 A / H, maximum current 70 A.
- DeWALT DCMW564N-XJ is a professional mower capable of working with batteries of different voltages. The engine is optimized, so it can operate at increased load longer than most similar devices. Battery parameters. voltage 18 V, capacity 6 A / H, maximum current 90 A (set of two batteries).
- Gardena PowerMax Li-18/32 is a household mower for trimming well-groomed lawns, there is no wheel drive, but it comes with 2 batteries. Power parameters. voltage 18 V, capacity 5.2 (2 batteries), maximum current 70 A.
The main purpose of cordless lawn mowers is to trim the grass on well-groomed lawns, due to the limited battery charge, because the more grass you have to cut, the more energy will be consumed, which means less area can be processed.
At the same time, on most mowers, the thermal mode of the engine is designed for uninterrupted operation from only one set of batteries, therefore, installing a second set, especially at increased load, can lead to overheating of the engine.
All this determines the field of application of battery devices. either a full-fledged mowing of relatively tall grass in a small area, or trimming over a large area. However, this does not mean that battery mowers are worse than gasoline mowers, because they are designed to solve different problems.
The advantages of battery models are:
- light weight;
- lack of loud noise during operation;
- no unpleasant and toxic exhaust;
- absence of toxic and flammable liquids (gasoline and oil);
- there is no need to wash the carburetor and other similar actions, after which you have to thoroughly wash and ventilate the room for a long time;
- many models from well-known manufacturers operate on standard batteries of one or another line, so you can only buy a mower without a charger and battery, which significantly reduces the cost of the device;
- if the house has battery technology from the same manufacturer and a single line, then you can take with you several sets of batteries, which will be able to cope with a noticeably large amount of work, but you will need to ensure sufficient cooling of the electric motor.
Such devices also have disadvantages:
- very low ratio of real opportunities and prices;
- cordless mowers cannot be used for cutting grass in neglected areas of a large area;
- limited time of continuous operation, and even at minimum load it rarely exceeds 1 hour;
- dependence on the power supply, without which it is impossible to charge the battery;
- when mowing thick grass, there is a high risk of damage to the battery, because at the maximum current it is very easy to slip through the safe discharge value and the energy source will go into a deep discharge state, in which it irrevocably loses its capacity, which means that the maximum current drops.
The main purpose of gasoline mowers is to mow grass in well-groomed and neglected areas and the inaccessibility of 220 V mains electricity.
Gasoline engines do not have the same limitations as battery electric motors, therefore, even in high power mode, they can work for many hours with short stops to empty the grass catcher and refuel.
Most gas-powered mowers have noticeably more powerful motors than battery-powered models, so they handle tall and thick grass better.
However, an increase in engine power leads to a strong increase in the mass of the device, therefore some powerful models are intended for use only by physically well-developed people, because it is difficult for a small weak person to push a mower weighing 30-60 kg over the area.
Therefore, the ratio of self-propelled and non-self-propelled devices among gasoline lawn mowers is much higher than among battery-powered lawn mowers.
A further evolution of self-propelled gasoline powered vehicles are tractors and riders that do not have to be pushed or steered by hand, instead the operator sits on the seat and controls the movement of the mower using levers or steering wheel.
However, these devices can also be used to trim well-groomed lawns, so they may well replace battery models. However, due to the design features, they are very noisy and not environmentally friendly, because during the operation of the internal combustion engine, complex toxic and unpleasant substances are formed. Not a single manufacturer of such equipment was able to avoid this, so potential buyers perceive this as an inevitable evil.
Here are the pros of gasoline mowers:
- no engine power limitations caused by battery voltage and current;
- cope well with any grass;
- can work for many hours without overheating, even in high power mode;
- do not need access to an outlet.
- much heavier than battery analogs;
- make a loud noise, which the neighbors do not always like;
- give off toxic foul-smelling smoke;
- work requires toxic flammable liquids with a pungent unpleasant odor, which leave stubborn stains on clothes;
- need regular maintenance, which means partial disassembly and handling with toxic flammable liquids;
- need an annual oil change and air filter flushing.
Self Propelled vs Push Mower: An In-Depth Comparison
- MTD WCM 84 E is a professional self-propelled mower for tall grass and large areas. Front piano wheels for increased maneuverability and electric start for easier engine starting.
- Patriot PT 53LSI Premium. self-propelled universal mower with a reliable derated engine, as well as all types of discharge and processing of grass, fuel tank volume 1 l.
- Caiman Ferro 47C is a self-propelled mower with a variator that changes its speed over a wide range.
- solo by AL-KO 4858 VS Alu is a professional self-propelled mower with variable speed and aluminum body. Implemented all types of processing and disposal of grass.
- VIKING MB 4 RT is a professional self-propelled mulching mower without side and rear discharge. Suitable for commercial applications.
- Husqvarna LC 140S is a household mower for small lawns, equipped with a rear-wheel drive with a variator, so the driving speed can be adjusted within wide limits.
Comparison of models of two types
In order to objectively compare gasoline and battery devices, you must first determine the parameters by which we will compare them.
Here is a list of these parameters:
- engine type (A. battery, B. gasoline);
- maximum engine power in hp s. / kW;
- capture width in cm;
- weight in kg;
- time of continuous operation (excluding technological stops for refueling or replacing the battery) when mowing the highest grass in minutes;
- maximum grass height in cm.
In addition, first we will give a brief description of the mowers, which we will compare with each other, and separately battery and gasoline, so that there is no confusion.
Cordless and gasoline mower: the main differences
The main difference that generates the rest of the distinguishing features is the type of engine:
- battery mowers have an electric motor;
- for gasoline engines. an internal combustion engine (ICE).
Electric motors are of two types. brushed or brushless. The former are slightly cheaper, the latter are more reliable and economical. For more information on these types of electric motors, as well as how they are powered, you can find here (Manual) and here (Self-propelled rating).
The power of the electric motors is provided by lithium-ion batteries capable of delivering a current tens of times higher than their nominal capacity, therefore, to determine the maximum engine power, not the capacity, but the battery current is used.
To do this, use the formula P = UI, where:
- P. maximum motor power in peak mode.
- U. battery voltage.
- I. maximum battery current (usually 10-25 times the capacity (C)).
At the same time, the maximum current and power are conditional parameters, because manufacturers, for some reason, do not indicate them, which is why users have to calculate them on their own.
In addition, a lot depends on the condition of the battery and the engine, so on the same model it can differ by 2–3 times. Another factor is the ability to install power supplies with different capacities or voltages, in this case the maximum current for each model is individual.
Gasoline engines operate according to a four-stroke scheme, due to which the piston transfers the combustion energy of the air-fuel mixture to the crankshaft every time, therefore, the main kinetic energy is stored and smoothly given by a heavy flywheel.
This scheme provides high reliability of the engine and relatively low fuel consumption.
However, unlike a maintenance-free electric motor (with the exception of collector models), a gasoline engine requires annual maintenance, which includes:
- Change of oil;
- cleaning the air filter;
- cleaning the carburetor;
- cleaning and, if necessary, adjusting the spark plugs.
All further differences of these mowers lie in the different power supply and motor control systems. In gasoline engines. a gas tank (energy source) and a carburetor, which not only prepares the air-fuel mixture, but also acts as a kind of ICE controller.
The rechargeable batteries have:
- battery (energy source);
- controller that changes the engine operating mode;
- a gearbox that reduces too high speed of the electric motor and increases the torque.
Purpose and function of lawn mowers
Any lawn mower is a wheeled cart that has a rotating blade with aerodynamic blades.
The cart is most often equipped with four wheels, and the front ones can be piano, that is, swivel, but there are models that have 3 or even 2 wheels.
The bottom of the cart is made in the form of an inverted bowl (deck) with one or two openings for the exit of the mown vegetation. This shape is needed to increase the efficiency of the upward air flow created by the aerodynamic blades of the knife.
When the mower moves on the grass, the deck presses down on the vegetation, which makes it impossible to cut the green mass evenly without the help of a powerful air flow, so you need a deck that looks like an inverted bowl and an aerodynamic knife that works in a similar way to a propeller.
A chassis with a deck is made of various metals or polymeric materials. metal structures can more easily withstand torsional loads, including those that arise when driving over rough terrain, while plastic ones are much lighter and cheaper.
Since lawn mowers are used in different areas, each of them has several mowing height settings, which can be changed in one of the following ways:
- rearrange the wheels in special holes in the mower body (chassis);
- place the axles of the wheels in one of the slots on the chassis;
- change the position of one or more wheels using a system of levers controlled by one or more handles.
Any mower is equipped with a handle, with which it is rolled over the site and directed in the desired direction. Some mowers, usually the cheapest ones, are equipped with a handle that does not have a normal height adjustment, so it is almost impossible to adjust it for an operator whose height is different from average.
In addition, some of the lawn mowers are equipped with a self-propelled wheel drive, due to which the operator has to strain less to move them around the site, because such devices do not have to be pushed manually, they just need to be guided.
Electric grass trimmers
The electric grass trimmer operates from a household electrical outlet. Its advantages include:
- light weight,
- environmental friendliness (no exhaust gases and noise).
Disadvantages of an Electric Grass Trimmer:
- tethering to the network (outlet),
- presence of stable voltage,
- the ever-annoying cable on the lawn,
- low power.
And the cable itself has a limited length: you can’t mow far from home.
Electric grass trimmer
A cordless grass trimmer is the same as an electric one, but the engine does not operate from a power outlet, so you can mow at any distance from home. This is its main convenience. However, the mowing area is determined by the capacity of the battery.
What are lawn mowers?
According to the method of movement, lawn mowing units are divided into:
- manual (grass trimmers), which are held in hand when mowing,
- wheeled manual ones that need to be transported on the lawn,
There are mechanical, gasoline and electric lawn mowers according to the type of drive engine.
Power wheel lawn mowers are easy to operate, they do not need electricity or gasoline, but they require significant muscular effort. They are environmentally friendly, quiet and allow you to adjust the cutting height of the grass. The cutting mechanism is a cylindrical knife driven by wheels. Such a tool is good for caring for a young lawn, since the low speed of rotation of the knife prevents pulling out the grass with a fragile root system.
Mechanical wheeled lawn mower
We will consider gasoline and electric lawn mowers below.
What are lawn mowers and how to choose the right one
Creating a beautiful lawn and keeping it tidy is not an easy job. And to make it easier, you need a reliable assistant. a lawn mower. There are many good and different models on sale. And although they all have the same purpose, they differ from each other in a number of parameters. Let’s try to figure them out.
Hand-held lawn mowers (grass trimmers) are suitable for regularly mowing a lawn in a small area, even with an uneven surface. they can mow at any angle. The grass trimmer is a bar-holder, at the lower end of which there is a cutting device with a line. And with high power. in addition with a circular cutter. The mower hangs on a belt on the operator’s shoulder, literally making it easier for him to work.
The grass trimmer can be equipped with an electric or gasoline engine. Electric is located at the lower or upper end of the boom, and gasoline. only at the upper.
The protective cover limits the cutting edge and protects the mower’s feet from injury. When working, the left hand holds the handle of the boom (adjusting, if necessary, the height of mowing of the grass), and the right hand holds the handle with the engine control button.
The main advantage of trimmers is the ability to cut grass in uneven areas and close to bushes and trees. But it will not be possible to maintain the same cutting height.
Gasoline Grass Trimmers
The petrol grass trimmer is designed for large areas. Therefore, it is especially in demand by summer residents, and owners of country estates, and employees of city utilities. However, working with it requires some preparation.
Gasoline Grass Trimmer
This type of lawn mower is characterized by enviable mobility, increased power and practicality. It can be used for mowing not only lawn grass, but also weeds and bushes. And professional models are able to cut stems up to one and a half centimeters thick.
However, even with a small fuel tank volume, such a unit:
- weighs quite a lot,
- requires the preparation of a mixture of gasoline and oil,
- pollutes the environment with exhaust gases,
- makes noise.
But it can work in any weather.
The convenience of mowing grass with a trimmer is determined by several points, and one of them is the location of the engine.
There are many low engine trim tabs on the market. Most often they are rechargeable, low power. They overheat quickly, therefore they require frequent breaks in work. They have poor protection against moisture and mechanical stress. They cannot work in the morning dew and immediately after rain, otherwise a short circuit is possible. bottom engine grass trimmer
Overhead grass trimmers are more practical, better balanced and more powerful, requiring less cutting effort, which means they are more comfortable to use. They have good cooling (they overheat less), and therefore more performance.
Top-engined grass trimmer Among the top-engined grass trimmers, the knapsack is the one to highlight. Their motors are attached to their backs (like a schoolbag), which significantly reduces the load on the hands and much less restricts movement.
A nice option for the grass trimmer is the anti-vibration system. It reduces vibration stress on the shoulders and hands, protects the hands and back of the mower.
The powerful petrol grass trimmers feature an ergonomic handlebar-like grip to reduce hand strain. On the right handle there are buttons for controlling the operation of the tool. When buying a grass trimmer, make sure the handle and button placement are comfortable for you.
Comfortable bicycle grip
Types of self-propelled lawn mowers
Manufacturers produce a large number of grass mower models. They can be produced in different countries, but the general arrangement will be approximately the same. Self-propelled vehicles are divided into two types, depending on the type of engines: gasoline and electric. Electro has its advantages and disadvantages, but the more common is the gasoline engine.
Regardless of the type of engine, self-propelled vehicles are of three types. Between themselves, these types differ only in the drive to certain wheels.
Self-propelled lawn mower
A self-propelled lawn mower is an irreplaceable thing when caring for a lawn, a plot in the country or in your own home. Thanks to the use of modern lawn care devices, there is no need to spend a lot of time and effort on mowing the grass. The technique is constantly developing and improving, at the present time, some models of professional electric lawn mowers can move independently or with the help of a remote control.
Some models are equipped with additional functions, but because of this, the technique is more expensive.
For example, mulching machines grind the cut grass and throw it onto the lawn. This helps to protect the soil from drying out, since when the mulch decays, it becomes a fertilizer.
Another useful option is the ability to adjust the cutting height. There is no universal height, as users determine the desired parameter themselves. Usually 3-5 mowing modes are enough for users.
Choice of self-propelled or non-self-propelled vehicles
It is difficult to unequivocally determine which type of mower is better. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Self-propelled vehicles have one but significant advantage: they can be used by people of any age. It does not need to be pushed, the only thing that needs to be done in the control is to steer the mower in the required trajectory. Among the disadvantages are the following:
Note! A non-self-propelled or self-propelled gasoline lawn mower is much more difficult to use and maintain than a similar electric one.
If we compare gasoline and electric self-propelled equipment, then in this case it is better to purchase gasoline in the presence of large areas of lawns or lawns. Gasoline mowers have more power and productivity, therefore, they are originally designed for large volumes of work.
Volume of the tank
The size of the catcher determines how often the cut grass has to be unloaded.
For plots up to 5 acres, a container of 30 liters is suitable, 10 acres. 35-50 liters, from 15 acres. 50 liters.
Manufacturers indicate this parameter in the technical data sheet of the product in order to make it easier for consumers to choose a suitable model.
The performance of the unit depends on it.
When choosing, consider the area to be treated.
The most exotic model of a lawn mower in our conditions. It has a drive to all wheel axles, and therefore it is distinguished by increased maneuverability and ease of control and movement. All the disadvantages of uniaxial models are absent here. But there are other disadvantages, among which a very high cost and increased energy or fuel consumption can be distinguished. This scheme is used mainly on large and powerful models of equipment.
Self-propelled all-wheel drive lawn mower
Important! A front-wheel drive mower is more maneuverable, but less popular due to the fact that controllability is not so important for self-propelled devices. Their main direction of movement is forward.
Complexity of service
The vast majority of self-propelled models are equipped with a friction drive, the maintenance of which is reduced to replacing the drive belt and friction wheel.
These operations can be performed independently, but the amount of work will turn out to be much more than when servicing a non-self-propelled device, in which it is enough to replace the drive belt of the knife drive.
If the device is equipped with a hydrostatic transmission, then its service at home is not provided and for repairs you will have to take the mower to a specialized service. Therefore, any model with wheel drive is more difficult to maintain than one that does not have such a drive.
A self-propelled version of the same model will cost at least a little, but more expensive than one that is not equipped with wheel drive.
over, the higher the cost of the basic device, the more expensive its modification with wheel drive will cost, but on average the excess of the cost is 10-30%.
If the mower is equipped with a hydrostatic transmission, then its price increases by 1.5-3 times.
Therefore, with a limited budget, you will have to take either a non-self-propelled device of the desired brand with the selected characteristics, or look for a version with wheel drive of a less expensive model.
Self-propelled or non-self-propelled lawn mower: how they differ from each other and which one to choose?
Self-propelled lawn mowers differ from non-self-propelled ones in that they move independently, so they do not have to be pushed around the site, which is especially important on uneven terrain.
However, sales statistics for these devices indicate that non-self-propelled people buy at least no less than self-propelled ones, which means that this advantage is not always decisive.
Therefore, below we will analyze in more detail the differences, as well as all the advantages and disadvantages of each type of mower in different conditions and help you decide what is better to buy.
For people without good physical fitness
Regardless of the size of the site and the parameters of the lawn mower, a self-propelled drive gives a significant advantage. when fatigue accumulates and the machine is hard to push on the site, turning on the drive will reduce the load on the operator and allow him to finish the job without interruption.
In addition, there is always the possibility that you will have to use the mower on uneven or large areas, which means that the self-propelled mode will be of significant help, therefore, for people who do not have good physical training, a model with a wheel drive is preferable.
In large areas, a self-propelled model is much more convenient than a non-self-propelled one, because only people with good physical training will have no difficulty in pushing a mower weighing 30 kg or more.
Turning on the drive eliminates the need for the operator to use his own physical strength to move the device along the site, which means that the rate of fatigue accumulation will only be affected by the distance traveled without load, due to which he will get tired much later. Therefore, in such conditions, a self-propelled model is much more preferable for most potential buyers.
Differences in various parameters
To determine which type of device is better in certain conditions, it is necessary to determine the criteria by which the comparison will take place.
Since the capabilities and efficiency of mowing grass of self-propelled devices are completely identical to the same models, but without wheel drive, we will compare them in terms of convenience:
- mowing small areas;
- cutting grass in large areas;
- mowing uneven areas;
- for people who do not have good physical fitness;
- complexity of service;
Regardless of the size and weight of the mower, when driving over uneven terrain, the operator has to exert great effort to overcome the lowlands and hills.
The self-propelled device overcomes most of the irregularities on its own, so it will have to be pushed much less often, and this will require much less effort.
Therefore, here too, self-propelled lawn mowers are better than non-self-propelled counterparts.
The answer to the question of what is more convenient in small areas depends on the physical condition of the person who will operate the lawn mower, as well as his love of walking. For maintenance of small lawns, usually small mowers are chosen, the mowing width of which rarely exceeds 45 cm, and the weight of 20-30 kg.
A device with such parameters is easy to roll around the site even for a person without much physical training, but who loves walking. The situation is different if the area is located on a slope, where the drive not only moves the mower forward, but also helps to maintain direction, thereby making it easier for the operator to control the mower.
In addition, the drive of the self-propelled model is turned on only at the command of the operator, who needs to press the appropriate lever, but until he does this, he has to push it manually.
The self-propelled model combines 2 modes of movement. self-propelled and non-self-propelled, which means that you can not use the inclusion of the drive and use it as non-self-propelled. Therefore, a self-propelled lawn mower is preferable to a non-self-propelled lawn mower, as it gives the operator more options.
To summarize: which is better?
In most cases, a self-propelled lawn mower is better than a non-self-propelled lawnmower, as the wheel drive makes it easier to use and expands its capabilities.
However, the price of models that can move independently is much higher, as well as the costs of their maintenance or repair, therefore, in cases where the budget is in the first place, non-self-propelled mowers are preferable, because they are cheaper.
After reading the article, you learned how self-propelled mowers differ from non-self-propelled ones, and we hope this will help you make the right choice.
AL-KO Classic 3.82 SE
The German bestseller, the AL-KO Classic electric mower, tops the rating of lawn mowers. This is the most massively sold model for 4 years now. The AL-KO brand provides a 3-year impeccable warranty. The mower is equipped with an excellent electric motor with thermal protection. The service life of the motor is at least 5 years with regular use. Its power is 1.4 kW. This is the best average for a lawn that is regularly mowed. The cutting width is 38 cm. It is ideal for a small lawn of 3 acres. And this is exactly the area of most of the adjoining lawns. Plastic grass catcher: easy to remove and clean.
- The brand has the best after-sales support. 138 service centers in Ukraine;
- Constant availability of spare parts and components (even after the model has been discontinued);
- Lawn mower with a minimum percentage of calls to service support;
- The motor has overload protection;
- Housing made of impact-resistant multi-layer ABS plastic.
Stiga Collector 39E
This Swedish device is characterized by a combination of compactness, striking design and good power. Stig is rightfully considered one of the best companies in the world in terms of the quality and reliability of its equipment. The manufacturer does not save on materials. He made the body for the light electric model out of quality ABC plastic. This is an impact-resistant material, does not crack, does not fade in the sun, there is nothing to compare with cheap Chinese plastic. Combined grass-catcher. plastic on top with a convenient lid, and on the bottom. lightweight synthetic fabric. Container volume. 35 liters is enough for a lawn of 3 acres. The motor pulls 1.3 kW, the rotor and stator windings are made of high quality copper. Overheating protection is excellent, and the Stig’s five-year warranty is not for nothing. 60 months free repair sounds cool, but you only get it if you call the service annually. The cutting width is 37 cm. A little too small for fast work and large areas, but just right for small lawns with narrow secluded spots. Cutting height adjustment ranges from 25 to 55 mm. To set the required cutting height, you need to turn each wheel and put the wheel axle in a special hole. A bit tiring, but reliable.
- Durable motor with 100% copper winding;
- Front flattened body allows mowing along walls, curbs and fences;
- The shaft is mounted on two bearings that strengthen the structure;
- Optimal working width for home lawn;
- Simple and trouble-free cutting height adjustment.
The German manufacturer GRUNHELM gives the build quality and materials almost the same as that of AL-KO. Although the popularity of this German company is lower than that of the leader of all sales ratings, AL-KO. But those who have already bought a GRUNHELM lawnmower give advice to trust this brand. The lawn mower is great. Powerful, 1.8 kW. Outperforms previous models in terms of power. Even in thick grass, the engine runs without undue stress. Its revs do not drop, the power is felt when mowing. At the same time, the cutting width is the most demanded. It is 38 cm.You can walk through narrow places, and quickly mow a whole lawn near the house.
- Engine power, higher than that of similar models with similar characteristics;
- Large range of grass cutting height adjustments;
- Roomy grass catcher.
Hyundai LE 4210
A small Korean lawn mower operates on a 220 volt network and is ideal for flat adjacent areas. Looks stylish and modern. There is no wheel drive, the unit needs to be slightly nudged during operation, but all other characteristics are not worse than those of gasoline mowers. The engine develops a power of 1.8 kW, which allows you to mow tall and dense vegetation without worrying about overloading. A grip of 42 cm is a very solid figure for electric mowers. Allows you to quickly mow a small lawn for 5 hundredths near the house. It is also used in areas of 8-10 acres, when using a high-quality carrier. The cutting height is adjustable from 25 to 75 mm and is fixed in six positions, which is convenient for uneven grass growth. The adjustment takes place synchronously, without the use of wrenches, with one movement of the lever. The body is made of durable plastic. The rear wheels are 6 cm larger than the front ones, which increases cross-country ability and maneuverability. Large grass catcher, 50 liters, made of plastic and fabric. The haircut is neat. It is possible to cut close to curbs, since the mower is equipped with special extensions.
- Powerful motor protected from overheating and overload. withstands mowing of dense and tall grasses.
- Good working width in one pass for faster work.
- The cutting height is adjusted by the central lever, spring-loaded, on all four wheels.
- Combined grass container, lightweight fabric bag reinforced with ribs and plastic top.
- The edges of the lawn are well cut thanks to the body extensions.
TOP 20: Rating of the best lawn mowers
When compiling the rating, our specialists took into account:
- the number of calls to the service;
- value for money;
- working resource;
Please note that our 20 winners have a clear line of the section. by engine type. Do not mix electricity, gasoline and battery in one heap. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, we have the five best electric lawn mowers, the TOP 5 gasoline mowers, and the same number of cordless ones. Plus 2 models of mechanical mowers and 3 robotic lawnmowers.
Electric lawn mowers. TOP 5
A powerful self-propelled mower from the Korean manufacturer Hyundai is the undoubted leader among gasoline devices. Designed for large areas of 10-15 acres. Equipped with a powerful 5.17 hp engine. It is overhead valve, economical and low noise. The robust and reliable professional motor comes with excellent technical parameters: a cutting width of more than half a meter and a cutting height in the range of 25-85 mm. Height adjustment is spring-loaded, made in one motion using the central lever. The machine cuts the grass efficiently and collects it in a large collection box with ventilation holes and a flag-shaped indicator. The side discharge function is used for fast mowing of large areas and hay production. A curved mulching knife is installed to use the cut grass as fertilizer. In addition to this, the entire knife system is designed in such a way that it creates the effect of sucking the grass, lifting it and pulling it under the knife for a more efficient cut. The speed of rotation of the knives is infinitely adjustable, depending on the hardness of the grass. The body is made of steel, the wheels are large on ball bearings. As you can see, the performance is worthy of professional technology. No wonder this model has already been dubbed the most successful find of the last year.
- High-power motor designed for professional loads;
- The knife system creates the effect of a garden vacuum cleaner;
- System “3in1”. collection in a container, side discharge, mulching;
- Weighty steel body resists deformation and corrosion, shock resistant;
- Self-cleaning deck with hose connection saves time and effort;
- Adjusting the speed of rotation of the knife makes it possible to cut mixed vegetation without excessive load on the engine.
Electric Lawn Mower Comparison Chart:
|Model||Engine power||Processing width||Cutting height adjustment||Cutting height adjustment type||Collecting volume||Side discharge||Mulching||Deck wash function||Body material||Country of origin||Guarantee|
|1. AL-KO Classic 3.82 SE||1400 Wt||38 cm||20-60 mm||on each wheel separately||37 l||–||–||–||ABS plastic||Germany||36 months|
|2. Stiga Collector 39E||1300 Wt||37 cm||25-55 mm||central||35 l||–||–||–||ABS plastic||Sweden||60 months|
|3. Hyundai LE4210||1800 watts||42 cm||25-75 mm||central||50 l||–||–||ABS plastic||Korea||12 months|
|4. GRUNHELM EM-6123A||1800 watts||38 cm||30-65 mm||central||50 l||–||–||ABS plastic||Germany / China||12 months|
|5.Bosch Rotak 32 (0600885B00)||1200 watts||32 cm||30-60 mm||on each wheel separately||31 l||–||–||–||ABS plastic||Germany||24 months|
Gasoline lawn mowers. TOP 5