Which miter saw to choose
Rating of the best miter saw manufacturers
In addition to the basic performance characteristics, when choosing, it is important to pay attention to the manufacturer’s brand. It is better to trust well-known companies that produce quality tools, even if it costs a little more.
- Bosch, Germany. The best miter saws are made by this brand. The company is mainly focused on the premium segment. High-quality materials, wide functionality, compact dimensions. the main characteristics.
- Makita, Japan. Will delight the buyer with a wide range. In the Makita catalog, you can find both simple crosscutters for home use and quite professional models.
- Metabo, Germany. Produce professional electric miter saws. High build quality and top notch durability. The range includes models with saw diameters from 21 to 31 cm.
- Hammer Flex, Czech Republic / Germany. Cross-cut saws from this company are notable for their compact size and at the same time high power. They are used not only for woodwork, but also for cutting soft metals, such as aluminum.
- DeWALT, USA. Miter saws for perfectly clean work. Most models are equipped with a dust collection system. The build quality is high, the warranty service should be noted separately.
- Caliber, Russia. Large dusty disc and structural strength allow the Caliber miter saws to work with materials of different hardness. The trimmer is equipped with a compact table, which is firmly fixed in place with clamps.
- Bison, Russia. Powerful powertrains and large discs will overcome any cutting challenge. Also, the tools of the Zubr company are distinguished by an affordable price.
Design features that you need to pay attention to when choosing
There are several more characteristics, having studied which it will be easier to choose the right version of the miter saw:
- RPM speed. Some models have the ability to adjust the engine speed. This allows you to optimally configure the machine for working with materials of different hardness.
- Cutting depth. For a deeper cut, you need a machine with a large saw blade. In appliances for domestic use, a disc with a diameter of 20 cm is usually installed, in professional. 25 cm.
- Disc groove width. A groove is a special place where the disc goes. The quality of work depends on the width of the groove. If it is no more than 10 mm, then the cut will be of high quality, with a minimum amount of chips and sawdust.
- Outsole quality. The stability of the miter saw depends on this structural element. Craftsmen advise you to pay attention to options with a molded sole, which is resistant and not damaged. It is also important that it is not too thin.
- Broach width. The section that the saw can go through the workpiece material. Everything is simple here: the wider the broach, the wider the workpieces can be processed on the machine. You need to choose taking into account what materials will be processed: for skirting boards, a saw with a broach of up to 100 mm is enough, if the products are larger, then the machine will be required with a greater broach.
- Swivel saw design. There are guides to the design of the miter saw that allow you to adjust the angle of inclination when cutting. For professional devices, the tilt angle is up to 57 °, for simpler options. 45 °.
- Weight. The mobility of the unit largely depends on it. The less it weighs, the easier it is to take it to work on site.
Knowing the main characteristics will allow you to choose a miter saw with a broach according to your requirements.
- Power: 1650 W;
- Weight: 17.45 kg;
- Cutting depth 45/90 °. 69/93 mm;
- Cutting width 45/90 °. 67/135 mm.
This model is already one level higher. Miter saw Makita LS1040F is equipped with a transparent cover, reliable and convenient fixing elements. The dust collector works efficiently and keeps the work area clean.
Middle price segment
In the middle category, there are tools that do not have maximum performance, but are able to perform most of the standard work.
- Power: 1800 W;
- Weight: 15 kg;
- Cutting depth 45/90 °. 75/75 mm;
- Cutting width 45/90 °. 120/130 mm.
One of the best models in the line of the Russian company Zubr. High saw power allows you to conveniently work with wood of different hardness.
Purpose and principle of operation of the miter saw
This type of tool is essential when working with wood. The miter saw will help you make a perfectly straight cut on the workpiece at different angles. It is with such a unit that an inclined cut is made.
The multi-tool is especially useful for fine finishing. With its help, you can prepare door leaf platbands and other elements that require an accurate cut. The unit is also used in the production of furniture.
A high-quality miter saw model can also replace a sawing machine. Its design consists of a circular saw, base plate, protective cover, control handle, stops. The feed is regulated by means of guides. When idle, the saw is covered by the casing body due to the spindle lock.
Bosch PCM 8 S
- Power: 1200 W;
- Weight: 11.4 kg;
- Cutting depth 45/90 °. 40/65 mm;
- Cutting width 45/90 °. 85/120 mm.
In general, the products of the German company Bosch are more represented in the top segment, but it is the PCM 8 S model that is good for those who are looking for something in between. The most thought-out design is easy to use. The dimensions will allow you to easily transport the saw to the place of work.
Which company miter saw is better to choose
- Hammer is a brand of power tools for professionals, distinguished by their compact size, high speed (about 5000 rpm), low noise level and reliable protection against overheating. The devices can withstand heavy loads without problems and are successfully used for various types of sawing. They are effective in working not only with wood, but also with thin aluminum surfaces.
- Bison is a budget manufacturer of power tools, including saws. They are used for both simple and complex cutting of blades at different angles of inclination of the disc. The large entry depth of the working elements and their decent diameter guarantee the acceleration of the process. The products have a powerful motor that can handle even high loads.
- Caliber. brand devices are suitable for processing workpieces not only made of wood, but also plastic and aluminum materials. They cope with a wide range of thicknesses with a large cutting disc and keep waste at an acceptable level. The company’s products are distinguished by a compact table, reliable stops and clamps, which guarantees a safer and more efficient use of miter saws for wood and other materials.
- Metabo is a manufacturer of professional electrical equipment, which is distinguished by high build quality, good motor power, sharp discs. The company’s products are functional and reliably protected from premature failure. The diameter of the cutting elements ranges from 216 to 315 mm, depending on the specific model.
- Makita. the company’s range is replete with miter saws, the average power of which is 1600 watts. The instruments have discs with a diameter of about 20 cm, rotating at a speed of 3000-6000 revolutions per minute. Many of them are equipped with a comfortable table and a broaching mechanism, which improves the quality of work.
- Bosch is a German manufacturer of mostly premium products. Its saws have a compact size and adequate weight, equipped with a comfortable handle and durable stops. The company’s structures are distinguished by high-quality assembly and are made from durable materials. They have easy-to-replace cutting elements and intuitive operation.
- DeWALT. brand saws are appreciated for their good quality and high level of safety for the user. They keep the work surface clean when equipped with a dust collector. Most of the assortment is represented by network models powered by an outlet. The average power of the product is 1300 W, the cutting depth is about 3 cm, however, the tools weigh about 15 kg.
Metabo KGS 315 Plus
Professional table miter saw. Maximum flexibility in the sawing process is achieved through free table rotation and saw head tilt.
Equipped with Vario-Constamatic full-wave electronics to ensure optimum speed selection for a specific material type.
The “Quick” system is designed for easy saw blade replacement without tools. High-quality sawing thanks to the powerful universal motor and large saw blade.
There is a function of adjusting the speed, broaching for wide workpieces, precise adjustment of angles through the fixation points, a limiter.
- power. 2.2 kW;
- cutting height. 12 cm, width. 32 cm;
- disc diameter. 31.5 cm, bore. 3 cm;
- tilt angle. 47 °, rotation. 60 °;
- support dimensions. 50.5×36.5 cm;
- rotation speed at rated load. 4,100 rpm;
- cutting speed. 67 m / s;
- complete disc, support, clamp, dust collector, adapter for vacuum cleaner;
- weight. 26 kg.
- optimal removal of sawdust;
- smooth engine start;
- safe use due to the high, extendable support;
- good power;
- quiet and soft work;
- high-quality sawing of any type of wood.
Metabo KGSV 72 Xact
Hand-held miter saw for working with wood and metal. The user has the opportunity to use the feed function and the symmetrically exposed stop system.
Also, to achieve precise work, a double-line laser is provided, a saw blade from the “multi cut” series with flat trapezoidal teeth.
The sawdust is discharged through the built-in funnel, which simplifies the subsequent cleaning process. The support is easily adjustable, the protective cover eliminates the risk of injury to the operator.
How to choose a miter saw
Such features were able to increase the functionality of the hand tool.
- power. 1.8 kW;
- cutting height. 7.2 cm, width. 30.5 cm;
- disc diameter. 21.6 cm, bore. 3 cm;
- tilt angle. 47 °, rotation. 50 °;
- rotation speed. 6,300 rpm;
- included disc, 2 table extensions, clamp, tool for changing the accessory, cable holders.
- hardy engine;
- smooth speed control;
- high build quality;
- perfect cutting of wood and metal;
- two-line laser;
- safe operation.
Table miter saw with smooth start and dynamic motor brake. Shows neat and clean results for side, miter and bevel cuts.
Smooth sliding of the frame is achieved by double guides, which in turn are mounted on six linear ball bearings.
Built-in electronics maintains stable rotation speed, which eliminates jerking when driving the disc.
A three-level gearbox and a removable casing increase the cutting parameters, provide the possibility of bevel cutting in both directions and in two planes.
- power. 1.65 kW;
- cutting height. 10.7 cm, width. 36.3 cm;
- disc diameter. 30.5 cm, bore. 2.5 cm;
- tilt angle. 45 °, rotation. 60 °;
- rotation speed. 3 200 rpm;
- length of cable;
- weight. 26.1 kg.
- perfect cut quality;
- convenient tilt adjustment;
- smooth start and fast engine brake;
- long broach;
- reliability, ease of assembly;
- dust collector.
- no lamp and laser;
- not suitable for metal.
TOP-10 best models rating
In this rating, we have collected for you the best models in terms of price, quality and reliability.
Metabo KGS 216 M
Tabletop miter saw with pulling function for cutting wood and metal workpieces. Angle adjustment is fast, through the fixation points.
Table extensions slide out smoothly, allowing you to install long panels, slats.
The left-tilt saw head opens up an additional angle range for trimming. Shifting high stops, a clamp for fixing workpieces, a limiter, a spindle lock for easy nozzle change are responsible for comfortable operation.
- power. 1.5 kW;
- cutting height. 6.5 cm, width. 30.5 cm;
- disc diameter. 21.6 cm, bore. 3 cm;
- tilt angle. 47 °, rotation. 47 °;
- rotation speed. 5,000 rpm, at rated load. 3,750 rpm;
- cutting speed. 57 m / s;
- cable length. 2 m;
- complete with disc, clamp, stop for cutting, key, dust collector;
- dimensions. 76x34x47.5 cm;
- weight. 13.5 kg.
- clean and smooth cut;
- easy-to-use design;
- high build quality;
- sufficient power;
- dust collector;
- good equipment.
- inaccuracy of factory corners;
- no soft start function.
Bosch GCM 8 SJL
Semi-professional tool of a well-known German manufacturer is designed for machining parts with a small section.
The saw is capable of working not only with wood, but also with metal and a variety of plastics.
The small diameter of the saw blade does not interfere with the speed and functionality of the tool.
Additional options that ensure ease of use are the cutting depth limiter, desktop extensions and a two-point dust extraction system, which allows you to keep the working area clean and not be distracted by sweeping chips and dust.
- Construction type: desktop;
- Cutting height / width: 70/312 mm;
- Disc / bore diameter: 216/30 mm;
- Tilt / Swing Angle: 47/60 degrees;
- Cutting speed: 62 m / s.
- laser marker;
- depth gauge for cutting grooves;
- two-point removal of shavings and dust;
- clamp for fixing the workpiece.
Metabo KGS 254 M
A powerful tool for domestic construction and joinery work. Equipped with a sufficient number of functions, which brings the saw closer to the category of semi-professional.
The strength and reliability of the structure is achieved due to the aluminum case, high-quality assembly and components. Despite the fact that the saws are manufactured in China, the production is checked for quality according to European standards.
High working speed is achieved by the number of revolutions and engine power.
The ergonomics of the device are guaranteed by a bright laser pointer, LED illumination of the working area and general design characteristics.
Should You Buy A Miter Saw?. Beginner Woodworker’s guide
There is a spindle lock for safe service. A powerful dust collector with the ability to connect a vacuum cleaner will keep your workplace clean.
- Construction type: desktop;
- Cutting height / width: 92/305 mm;
- Disc / bore diameter: 254/30 mm;
- Tilt / Swing Angle: 47/47 degrees;
- Cutting speed: 60 m / s.
- laser pointer;
- cutting depth adjustment.
TOP-15 best miter saws with a broach: rating of 2020-2021 for price / quality and which budget professional model to choose for home
Facing long workpieces is almost impossible without a miter saw.
For carpentry workshops, such a tool is indispensable, but it will be a good help in repair and home improvement.
How to choose the right device? To help you with this matter, we have compiled for you a rating of the best end plates.
The selection of models was carried out taking into account performance, reliability, and the adequacy of the pricing policy.
Only the best models in terms of price / quality ratio are presented here.
Metabo KGS 254 I Plus
One of the best and latest miter saw models. The main advantage is an asynchronous drive, a powerful motor and improved ergonomics.
The first allows you to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy, thereby achieving a low noise level during operation, and the mechanism itself lasts much longer.
Equipped with cutting depth adjustment, bright laser pointer and accurate scale.
Cleanliness in the workplace will be ensured by a dust collector with a two-point fence, due to which the spread of dust outside the working area and its direct contamination is minimized.
Strong stops will not allow to move even under heavy load and when working with hard wood species.
- Construction type: manual;
- Cutting height / width: 90/305 mm;
- Disc / bore diameter: 254/30 mm;
- Tilt / Swivel Angle: 46/47 degrees;
- Cutting speed: 62 m / s.
- accurate scale;
- engine power;
- strong stops.