Which Screwdriver Is Better Cordless Or Mains
10 best cordless screwdrivers in 2018 Screwdrivers. Irreplaceable assistants not only during the repair, but also after it: hang a shelf, change the lock, fix a toy. There are many models, it is difficult to get confused. We will help you choose!
10 best cordless screwdrivers in 2018
Screwdriver. A reliable assistant who will cope with twisting and unscrewing fasteners of various modifications. With them, you can fasten concrete and plastic parts, screwdrivers work with metal, wood. Most of these tools perform the function of drilling (if there is a special chuck), which means that many useful things can be done with their help at home.
The principle of operation is the same for everyone. But the types of power supply differ: there are battery and mains. The first, as the name implies. Run on batteries, the latter. From electricity. We will consider them.
Another representative of the Japanese leader. It is a well balanced screwdriver with high power to handle any material. Compact design makes operation convenient and the device. Agile. The screwdriver is ergonomic: minimal hand fatigue even during long continuous work.
- Lightweight aluminum body for durability;
- Synchronized clutch for quiet operation;
- Led lamp for working in the dark;
- Torque control for a wide range of applications;
- Speed switch with forward and reverse rotation;
- Locking the on / off button;
- Rubberized soft handle;
- Sturdy metal belt clip.
Included accessories: 2 PH2 bits, magnetic holder.
Another tool designed for working with drywall, now Japanese. The fast spinning model is available in two versions: 110 and 240 W.
Has an extended list of features:
- Quick-detachable locator in Makita FS4300 will make the choice of depth easier and increase the efficiency of use;
- Neither the master himself nor those around him will have to suffer from obsessive buzzing sounds: a silent pin connection will reduce the noise level to a minimum;
- The aluminum structure from which the screwdriver is made not only speaks of lightness, but also of strength: the material will greatly extend its service life;
- Ease of use in confined spaces due to compact design;
- Led work indicator for improved visibility of work;
- Variable speed;
- Soft rubberized handle;
- Strong metal belt clip;
- High ergonomics thanks to a smooth and lightweight body.
Kit: magnetic bit holder; carbide bits; locator; carrying case.
Good screwdriver. Irreplaceable assistant in repair work The screwdriver is a hand tool of electric or pneumatic type, which is distinguished by the ability to adjust the torque and screwing depth, and is used for various repair and installation work. Today, there are many types of screwdrivers that differ in configuration and availability of additional functions, performance and chuck size, type of power supply and dimensions.
Electric cordless screwdriver: which is better, professional or household
A corded electric screwdriver looks like a drill with a wire. The only difference is the presence of the first torque. A wired screwdriver is powered from the mains, which can create some difficulties in work.
A professional model of a screwdriver will allow you to perform work on construction sites
However, corded screwdrivers have their advantages:
- The time and service life of power screwdrivers is not affected by the battery charge;
- An ordinary socket or extension cord is suitable for powering the tool, while some cordless screwdrivers require special chargers;
- You can use a power screwdriver even at sharply negative temperatures;
- In most cases, network models are cheaper than battery models.
Network screwdrivers are divided into household and professional. Professional tools, unlike household ones, have great power and, accordingly, productivity, have a case resistant to mechanical damage. But they are also more expensive than household ones. Therefore, if you need an electric screwdriver in order to carry out repairs in a house or apartment, it is better to take a household model. If the tool is necessary for carrying out construction work at various sites and in various conditions, we choose a professional model.
Choosing a screwdriver: criteria and characteristics
After you have weighed all the pros and cons of the various feeding elements of the tool, have decided on the design of its engine, you must choose the model of the device. Consider the main technical characteristics of a screwdriver that affect its performance.
Cordless screwdriver. The best option for home use
So, when choosing a screwdriver according to the parameters, you need to pay attention to it:
- Rotation speed and type of chuck;
- Battery capacity.
Don’t forget about additional features. For example, the tool can be equipped with a backlight unit, reversing or spindle lock. The backlight will allow you to work in hard-to-reach places with poor lighting, reverse. To spin the chuck in the opposite direction, and the spindle lock will provide a safe change of nozzles during operation.
Both a professional builder and a simple home craftsman will always be interested in which manufacturers of construction tools are distinguished by high-quality and durable equipment, which models of screwdrivers have received recognition today. The overview below will help you answer these questions.
High-quality and cheap Chinese screwdrivers are especially popular:
- Werk cd-121 (including the Werk CD 121/1 modification);
- Fogo 21V 2.2ah;
- Genium kc36lcd from Auchan;
- Kinpow KPCD0251.
Five main advantages of battery models
- High level of security. There should be no doubt about this “plus”. Since contact with high voltage is completely excluded, and, as a result, the impossibility of electric shock at the time of operation;
- Mobility. The self-powered tool can be used wherever and however you want. This is especially true for work in rooms with no electricity.
- Durability. The cordless screwdriver has a high performance and a long battery life. Models of well-known brands are guaranteed to last more than one five years, even with high intensity of use;
- Reliability in work. For many, battery devices are a godsend when working in a summer cottage or in a garage. One fully charged battery will be enough for intensive use for 3-4 hours, and in some cases even more;
- High labor productivity.
Which screwdriver is better to choose, mains or cordless
Screwdrivers have firmly entered our life and are increasingly replacing the classic screwdriver when carrying out repair and finishing work. The choice of this tool is so diverse that it often makes you think about which model is best to choose for operation.
Before making a choice in favor of one or the other option, and answering the question “Which cordless screwdriver is better?”, You should clearly understand for what purpose the tool is purchased: for home use or for solving various professional tasks.
On sale you can find household, semi-professional and professional screwdrivers.
A household screwdriver is characterized by:
- Relatively low cost;
- Low productivity;
- Low power;
- Simple assembly;
- Cheap components;
- Small battery capacity.
Professional and semi-professional devices are:
- High build quality;
- Powerful motor that can withstand constant loads;
- Excellent battery life;
- Ergonomic design;
- Optimal cost, fully consistent with quality;
- Reliability in work;
- Shockproof housing.
The basis of the power tool market is occupied precisely by cordless screwdrivers, displacing models that operate from the mains every year. Autonomous power supply allows you to perform a wide range of tasks. This is especially true for those who do not have the opportunity or simply do not like to constantly carry an extension cord with them and each time look for an outlet to connect the device.
Bosh. Time-tested quality
The Bosh cordless screwdriver, which belongs to the line of professional models, has proven itself excellently, characterized by high performance, shock-resistant housing, flawless assembly and reliability in operation. The company, whose products are successfully sold in more than a hundred countries around the world, has been specializing in the production of professional power tools for more than a decade. Choosing Bosh. Choosing quality!
Which screwdriver is better: cordless or cordless?
The main advantage of battery-powered devices, of course, is the availability of a constant power supply. This allows you to carry out the necessary work even in places where there is no electricity. In addition, the devices are mobile, due to which you can safely work at high altitudes, change your location. And the absence of a wire eliminates inconvenience and dangerous situations.
Despite all this, cordless screwdrivers have a limited amount of charge and need to be updated periodically. It becomes a necessary expense to purchase an additional battery to use it while charging the main one.
The main advantage of the network screwdriver is noticeable right away: just connect it to a power source and you can work for a long time without the need for any recharging. Unlike a battery-powered device, the wired analogue has a lighter weight, so its use requires less power costs. Finally, network devices are cheaper and require no additional investment.
- Which screwdriver is better: cordless or cordless?
- How to choose a screwdriver
- How to choose cordless screwdrivers