Why Quickly Ends Fishing Line In Trimmer
Why When Using the Trimmer, the Fishing Line Flies
The trimmer is the most widespread unit used for cutting grass and cutting small shrubs. This unit is distinguished by its own ease of maintenance, easy operation at the time, and due to its low weight, even ladies are controlled with its help. It is no secret that for the high-quality performance of work on mowing grass, the correct selection of a cutting tool is required. For the latter, special cutting nozzles (discs, knives) are used in trimmers, as it is also called trimmer heads with fishing line inside. Nozzles and fishing line. This is a consumable tool, if the knives have the option to grind, then when spending fishing line it needs to be changed. In this publication, we will very carefully tell you how to change the line correctly.
The grass mowing head is essentially a cylindrical body in which a reel (bobbin) with a fishing line (cord) tucked in there is inserted. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electronic trimmers. The heads differ in the method of filling and feeding the cord and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. The filing of the cord is made when the user lowers the engine speed. Although automatic feeding of fishing line is comfortable if huge amounts of work are being done, there is one drawback to such bobbins. High thread consumption.
- Automatic. The introduction of this type of head does not require the user to perform complex manipulations. The principle of their work is arranged so that the cord is lengthened by an office machine when the machine is operating at full speed. Quite a little hit with the trimmer head on the ground (this removes the cord lock), and the fishing line is pulled out of the bobbin by centrifugal force, then cut to a suitable length with a knife placed on the protective cover.
- Hand held. To lengthen the cord, you need to stop the machine, then the fishing line is stretched manually.
For the above reasons, automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be noted that the coils for the trimmer are single-string (used only for trimming grass) and two-string, which are used to mow the highest grass and small, with thin trunks of bushes.
Before you begin the process of changing the cord, users of trimmers need to remove and disassemble the coil. Let’s see how to do it.
The mowing head of the trimmer consists of several parts: a casing, springs (not in many models), bobbins with cord and covers.
Attention! While proceeding with any actions to maintain the electronic unit, it must be disconnected from the network.
In trimmers, in most cases 4.5 options for attaching the mowing head are used.
To remove the trimmer head, you will need it complete disassembly.
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you need to press on the latches (latches) located on 2 of its sides.
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gear shaft. To remove it, you will need a myth lock the shaft. For this purpose, you have a hole in similar trimmers, for example, in Huter and Champion devices, through which, of course, stick either a narrow screwdriver or an iron bar.
What you need to remove the bobbin, follow the 2.4 normal steps.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head housing and start twisting it clockwise. Twist in this direction should be due to the circumstances that the thread cut on the shaft, left.
Depending on the project period, which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the fishing line are selected. The cord diameter you prefer from 1.4 to 4 mm. It is easy to think that the thicker you fill the cord, the more hard and thick grass it can cut.
As a rule, use a universal fishing line with a diameter of 4 mm.
There are 3 methods available to find out which line diameter is used on your mower.
- See information on the thickness of the cord in the annotation to the device.
- Take a look at the bobbin itself. Here you will like the information about the probable cross sections of the line.
The line is wound on a reel located in the mowing head. Therefore, at first it must be opened (this was discussed above). There are 4.5 cord winding methods.
Endless and comfortable mowing head for lawn mowing
In order to correctly find how many meters of fishing line will be needed for a particular reel, you need to wind it onto the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. If the fishing line peeks over the edges of the reel, you cannot stick it in the casing. When you are determined with the length of the material, it needs to be tucked into the bobbin, so do the following.
- Necessary fold the fishing line twice, so that one end of it was 10-15 cm longer from the other.
- Look that the bobbin is divided into 2.4 parts by the central side, from which charging begins. Find a groove in it and stick in the cord, bent twice, with a little effort.
- It is of fundamental importance to find, in which direction is the fishing line wound to the reel. If you look closely, you can find on the bobbin an arrow or an inscription with an arrow indicating which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the reel. Under these circumstances, you will see the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be carried out carefully, turn to turn, with the greatest tension of the thread.
- If the laying of the cord is completed, you will first need to fix the small end of the fishing line by inserting it into a suitable groove across the recess on the side of the reel.
- The second end, the one that is authentic, is mounted in a groove on the back of the bobbin.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving allowances of about 10 cm.
- Next, you need to install a seasoned coil in the mowing head. For this purpose, by inserting and pulling the thread alternately at the outlet of the head, position the bobbin in the casing, then, after applying the required force, pull the fishing line out of the locking grooves and tighten it.
- Now, of course, put on the cover and fix it with latches.
In some coils, a second method of securing the cord is provided: you can charge 2 pieces of thread, instead of the first, folded in half. The change of fishing line occurs according to the subsequent method.
- In advance, before changing, in other words, to charge the latest thread into a spool, determine how many meters it will be needed by the method described above.
- Bend one end of the cord type hook.
For Shtil lawn mowers There is a very ordinary and quick method of changing the line without disassembling the mowing head, which you can study of course by watching this.
The ends of the cord sticking out of the holes in the casing, there is an option to cut to the desired length, already when the part is installed in the trimmer. This is done of course by 2 methods:
- Turning on the trimmer (during rotation, the ends of the fishing line are cut off on a knife fixed for this purpose on the protective casing);
- Having cut off the excess ends with scissors in such a way that they do not touch the casing body.
The second method is used if the passage, if you had to put a cord of a huge diameter, and the edged knife is not able to shorten it.
If the thread is charged into the mowing head, however, the length of the protruding ends of the cord is insufficient, then they must be lengthened before starting the machine. This applies to the head with manual adjustment. But there are cases with the use of an automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they are not extended automatically. Here you need to turn off the unit (on an electronic device you definitely need to pull the plug out of the socket), manually push the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little fishing line. After this procedure, the cord will again be able to advance due to centrifugal force, if you set the highest spindle speeds.
No matter what thickness you put the fishing line, you should keep in mind: in order not to interrupt the work all the time and not even change the cord, you should avoid areas where the working tool touches hard surfaces (pebbles, curbs, thick dry branches, etc.).
Some users of trimmers ask themselves the question: what can be used to change the cord used by default in this type of apparatus? They begin to conduct dangerous experiments, installing iron or copper wire, iron cables or strings, and an additional ordinary fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install instead of fishing line metal cable, then the trimmer is converted into a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that at the time of the unit’s operation, the metal cable will evenly operate, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will fly apart in different directions at high speed.
A similar thing happens with the use of metal or copper wire, only with the difference that the detached pieces will be larger, and will cause significant injury.
Choose a fishing line for a gasoline trimmer (lawn mowers | gas mowers): 1.6, 3.2, 3 mm. Round, star, square
If you accidentally hook your own or someone else’s foot while working with an iron cable (wire) aggregate, then a strong and deepest tissue incision, and sometimes amputation of your toes, is provided for you. The manufacturer does not use nylon for such purposes in vain, since it is quite light and strong, and when it breaks far away it does not fly away and cannot cause injury.
Use fishing line in the trimmer instead of the standard one, for sure, it is possible, but this will add unnecessary trouble for you, as it rapidly wears out, tears, mowing slowly to cut hard grass will not work. Also, during the work, a long period disappears in order to never change a broken tool.
The trimmer for giving
Why Quickly Ends Fishing Line In Trimmer
Step-by-step annotation on how to reel a fishing line on trimmer coil
With the advent of spring, you often spend your time in the country or in a personal plot. From such obstructions as grass and weeds, a trimmer will protect you. I don’t know why in the trimmer. 4. 4 mm fishing line is very fast why. This tool easily trims and mows grass in difficult areas where an ordinary lawnmower can’t do it. The trimmer is a very effective and successful tool for mowing grass along fences, flower beds, houses and aisles in the garden. A number of types of garden trimmer were invented (gasoline, electronic and battery). It would seem that everything is fine, there is such an excellent assistant in your arsenal, but over time, the cutting element wears out and there is a need to replace the ended fishing line. How to fill the line in the trimmer, not everyone knows. We suggest using step-by-step annotation with attached photos.
Instructions on how to wind fishing line onto a trim reel
- 1. First you need to disassemble the trimmer head. Click on the lock on the product body and turn the cover clockwise. We take out the bobbin.
- Now we have to figure out how to wind the line onto the trimmer reel. We measure out about 6-7 m of fishing line and insert its end into the bobbin hole.
- We wind the fishing line from 2 sides. The winding direction is always indicated on the bobbin in the form of an arrow.
- We leave the ends of the cutting element 15 cm long free. Do not wind a lot of fishing line. Leave 6 mm between the outer edge of the bobbin and the fishing line.
- Insert the remaining two ends of the fishing line into the back holes of the bobbin.
- We fix both ends in the grooves on the head housing.
- We carefully install the spring back into the guide bobbins and into the head housing.
- In order for the fishing line to be trimmed correctly, it is necessary that the bobbin goes back into the head housing (press it a little). Pull the loose ends of the fishing line out as needed. In turn, sharply pull the ends of the cutting element so that they come out of the grooves of the bobbin and freely pass through the holes on the head.
- So, we have figured out how to reel the fishing line on trimmer coil. It remains only to combine all the grooves on the head housing and close the lid. Then we press the bobbin and begin to rotate it counterclockwise until it stops. While holding the bobbin, turn it slightly clockwise and release it. If there was a click sound, then it clicked into the head. If this does not happen, then you need to repeat the action again.
- Pull the loose ends of the fishing line all the way.
Free fishing line for trimmer / DIY rope for lawn trimmer
This is about making fishing line-Ropes from a plastic bottle. There are a lot of applications for such a rope. From the executive.
How to wind a fishing line on a trimmer head
When in electric or gasoline trimmer ends fishing line for cutting grass, it can be replaced