Why The Petrol Trimmer Stalls
A spit with a gasoline drive is a useful thing for owners of personal plots, lawns, and when the trimmer suddenly stalls, the work to clean the area from grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdowns. The most common problems are contained in the instruction manual. To know the reasons why the trimmer stalls, you should be able to effectively repair the device yourself.
What could break
Problems with the lawn mowing due to the fact that this device does not start are classified in a certain way by service technicians. They highlight malfunctions with the following nodes of the mechanism:
- An engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- Fuel supply system, while it is possible clogging the filter or problems with the carburetor;
- Mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- Ignition circuit.
In order to correctly determine the node where the breakdown occurred, it is necessary to pay attention to under what circumstances the trimmer stalls.
When you press the gas
If the lawn mowing stops when you press the gas, then the reasons may be as follows.
- The most common option is carb adjustment failure, which occurs with significant loads on the drive, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Fuel valve clogging, which eliminate it by relaxation, as a result of which gasoline starts to flow normally through the system.
- Loosening and drooping of the cable in the carburetor. May also occur fuel hose extension up to its rupture caused by the action of a significant load.
- Clogged breather (check valve), as a result of which fuel does not enter the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor assembly, then it can be recognized by the appearance of vibrations of the lawn mowers.. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched, these components are replaced.
At high speeds
When the braid stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- Clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cover;
- The carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising from the operation of the mechanism;
- Problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- Air leaks;
- Fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Carburetor adjust, Based on the operating instructions for the trimmer. To adjust, it is often enough to loosen the tightening of its body. If there are problematic moments with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
At idle, common causes of trimmer stopping are the following:
- Contamination, misregistration or improperly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- Clogged air filter;
Replacing the Lawn Mowers Air Filter
Trimmer air filter
- Reducing the speed of the gearbox when it is heated, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- Throttle clogging;
- Air entering the system;
- Not enough fuel for lawn mowing.
If the carburetor is the problem, then the equipment will stop both during a “cold” and a “hot” start.
Right after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after start-up, if the carburettor is misregulated or has been incorrectly configured, this causes uneven fuel supply. The result of this is that the device begins to vibrate distinctly. To troubleshoot, the carburetor is reconfigured according to the instructions for the mechanism.
Also the engine stops when it happens valve clogging, supplying fuel. In such cases, just clean it. If the lawn mower first worked, but then immediately died out, then perhaps the fuel enters the carburetor assembly with some difficulty. The easing of the valve helps to solve the problem, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
A stop can also be called. Air suction in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) producing fuel. In this case, add revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
Lawn mowing often stops when heated. At the same time, it starts, works “jerkily” and gradually stops. This process occurs when gas in the carburetor boils or a shutter in it is installed rotary, and not disk type. In the latter case, the item is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if ignition wire damaged either a coil. In order for the device to start working normally, replace parts.
When opening the choke
It happens that the unit stalls when the air damper is opened, normally idling. This is due to air leaks in the system caused by the presence of fuel hose cracks or problems with oil seals. Also, the carburetor dosing system may malfunction, while the lawn mowing will stop after opening the damper.
Carburetor fuel hose
All possible reasons that the lawn mower stalls, and methods for their elimination are contained in the next
There are many reasons for stopping the lawn mowing, but the most common problems in operation are related to its carburetor. They can occur in any cases. The most problematic option is when a serious breakdown occurs, and you will need to purchase new parts or change the lawn mower.
In order for the trimmer to work normally for a long time, the requirements of the operating instructions should be strictly observed. It is necessary to refuel the unit with a suitable fuel mixture, the device should work at moderate load.