How To Charge Fishing Line In A Stihl Trimmer
The trimmer is one of the most common tools with which you can quickly and easily cut grass, cut small bushes, lawn grass and other weeds. It is no secret to anyone that in order to mow grass successfully, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
In trimmers it does not matter what kind of fuel they run on, special cutting nozzles (knives, disks) are used, and some trimmers are put on the market in the heads of which a cutting element such as fishing line is installed, and therefore many wonder how to put fishing line into the Stihl trimmer coil if there are no skills at all.
- Cutting nozzles in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also a cutting element) but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly insert a cutting element. A fishing line into the coil of a Stihl trimmer.
Preparing the trimmer coil for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. A cover and a spring.
- Whichever company you have, the trimmer training steps are the same for all kinds. Disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, we press the locks located on the sides of the head housing all the way and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you can’t do it with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take the coil out of the head.
- In order to correctly choose a fishing line for your equipment, digital signs should be applied on the inside of the reel, which indicate the thickness and type of permissible fishing line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did not find any numbers, then the maximum permissible diameter of the fishing line can be determined by the through hole for inserting the fishing line. The line must pass unhindered back and forth.
The process of winding fishing line on a reel
- After all the preparatory steps, we need to correctly determine how exactly the fishing line will be washed onto your device, by turning the lid or in the opposite direction.
- We measure out about 7 mm of cutting material and insert it into the bobbin hole with one end. It is worth noting that the fishing line is wound precisely on the model of mowers style from two sides. The direction of winding fishing line in such models is indicated on the bobbin itself.
- The line is brought up to about 17 cm freely so that weeds can be cut with the ends. We add that winding fishing line on a reel of enormous length is not worth it. Leave a distance of approximately 5 mm from the fishing line to the edge of the bobbin.
- The two ends of the fishing line are inserted into the holes of the bobbin. Both of these ends must be securely attached to the device.
- The springs removed from the coil (if any) are inserted as they were removed, i.E. Into the bobbin and the head housing itself.
- To determine whether you inserted the fishing line into the trimmer correctly, you need the element (bobbin) to be easily inserted into the head housing of your device. If necessary, remove the loose ends of the fishing line still out. To achieve this, you need to abruptly pull the line out of the groove through the holes in the bobbin.
So, let’s say you figured out how fast, and most importantly, correctly wrap the fishing line on the Stihl trimmer reel. All that remains for you is to insert everything correctly into the grooves and fix the main cover to the device. Then you can click on the bobbin itself and make a counterclockwise movement until you feel the stop. If you do not feel the emphasis, then most likely you did not line the line correctly and you have to start all over from scratch.
A couple of tips
If the fishing line you wound correctly, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should automatically be pulled out. The fishing line for your mower is one of the most important elements without which the trimmer can lose all of its functionality. You can say that the fishing line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying fishing line, pay first of all to its quality. When purchasing a fishing line of a particular company, be sure to compare it with the quality of an old fishing line.
What can be used instead of fishing line
- If instead of a special cutting element, say fishing line, you install a metal cable, then your trimmer can “turn” into a real dangerous weapon not only for you and your eyes, but for all the people around you nearby. This is due to the fact that during the operation of the trimmer, the steel cable will constantly operate, which will lead to tangling, and its small pieces can fly apart on all sides with great speed.
- The same can happen if you use copper wire instead of a steel cable, but in this case the pieces of separation from the copper wire will be a little larger, and can lead to even more injury. And if God forbid, accidentally catch such a cutting element on the leg, then after that a deep cut of soft tissues will remain 100% guaranteed, and in some cases, all this can lead to amputation of small limbs (fingers) of the legs and even hands. Therefore, our advice to you, do not use any other cutting elements other than fishing line for your own safety and those around you.
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable assistant in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or the owner of his own house.
Thanks to these garden devices, you can easily mow down even a large garden plot. After acquiring this tool and doing a few tricks, many people think about how to properly wind the line onto the trimmer reel. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the instruction manual.
Preparation for winding fishing line
Prior to the winding process, it is necessary to remove the reel with fishing line from the housing. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three structural types of trimmers:
- Compact electric trimmers.
Straight Bar Trimmer
In such a model, it is possible to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To install the trimmer knife, it is necessary to combine the hole of the bobbin and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, it is easy to unscrew the housing by hand clockwise.
Winding fishing line on trimmer
The measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit reel makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the fishing line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today, there are several varieties of reels, depending on the number of antenna line fishing line and methods of refueling:
- Trimmer head with one working antennae;
- A bobbin with two antennae fishing line;
- Auto winding reel.
Single-Barrel Trimmer Coil
Single-mustache lawn mowing coil
Many owners and specialists note the simplicity of operation and refueling reels with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the fishing line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and winding is made in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most coils on the outside of the case have marks in the form of arrows that indicate the direction of movement of the trimmer bobbin.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to strengthen the centrifugal force, which is crucial when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic reels. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Double Antenna Trimmer
Two groove head
After removing the spool from the coil body, we determine the number of streams for winding fishing line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless refueling in a twin groove, there are problems with operation. Due to the likelihood of weaving adjacent tool strings, a situation may arise when it is impossible to remove new ones after wear of the working antennae.
Regardless of the number of streams for refueling, a fishing line from 1.5 to 3 meters long is taken. Winding must be done in the direction opposite to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will cause the line to not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded through special holes. Next, we collect the head in the reverse disassembly order and check the performance. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the guard will cut off the excess.
Trimmer head with automatic threading
Types of trimmer heads
In some models available on the market, a reel with an automatic winding mechanism is installed. It is enough for the owner to correctly tuck and fix the ends in the head, and the tool itself will perform the winding operation when it is switched on in the operating mode. It is almost impossible to wind a fishing line into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of an automatic trimmer head include the ease of refueling fishing line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.