How To Fix A Fishing Line On A Trimmer Without A Spool
For many anglers, the starting tackle is a fishing rod. After some time, understanding comes that it is necessary to diversify your fishing technique and the arsenal of gear used. Therefore, spinning appears. The need to attach to the reel, regardless of which fishing line is used for fishing. Ordinary, fluorocarbon or braid, always arises when you have to equip again acquired coil. Over, this skill is useful regardless of which coil you use: inertialess, inertial or multiplier.
And sooner or later the following questions arise:
- How to fix the fishing line on the spinning reel;
- How to tie a leash to a fishing line on a spinning rod.
Below we will try to answer them.
Spinning reel equipment
Self-locking knot for fishing line, which will be discussed below, simple, easy to learn and, most importantly, very durable. It holds well even if the spool or drum reel is polished and slippery. In this case, it is only necessary to wind an additional revolution around the spool or coil when knitting a knot.
In order to properly tie it up, you will not need any special efforts and abilities. It’s enough to remember a simple sequencing and apply it in the process of fixing the fishing line on the spool.
The use of this type of compound in fishing practice is not required very often, because the need to equip a reel arises far from every day. This happens either when acquiring a new coil, or when retooling an old one. These are, perhaps, the main cases in which this skill is required. But despite infrequent use, knowledge of this method is very important. After all, as a rule, the fisherman himself equips the reel, and if its replacement is required directly on the pond, then there will be no one to tell. So the knitting technique for this knot must be mastered.
Let’s practice in stages:
Before tightening knots, do not forget to moisten adjacent areas, to eliminate thermal stress as much as possible, which can lead to a decrease in strength and deformation.
Do not forget about the control, it is also a safety knot. It will help in a situation where the trophy instance on the other end of the gear completely exhausts the entire supply from your reel. Therefore, the control must be very reliable. In order to be absolutely sure that the coil will not empty, it can be made double.
It should be noted that if you are asked how to attach the braid to the coil, you can safely use the knowledge gained in this description, since the procedure fixing braids it is quite possible to carry out the above method.
After completing all the steps, you should wrap the fishing line on the reel so that there is a small distance between the edge of the spool and the stacked turns. Otherwise, when casting, part of the upper turns will fly off the spool and get confused. In addition, the winding must be tight. After the binding process stops raise questions, you can proceed to the next step.
In order to solve the problem of how to tie a forest to a reel, so that the knot does not untie and does not create problems when fishing, it is necessary to study several stages. These steps are especially important for inexperienced fishermen who are just starting to gain experience. So the process should include the following actions:
- Get the spool and fishing line to make one revolution around it.
- After the turn of the fishing line, there should be enough to make it convenient for the user to tie a knot. In the event that there is too much fishing line left, knitting a knot will be extremely inconvenient. With a short remainder, the method may not work at all.
- The remaining end must be thrown over the main line and create a loop.
- Having made several revolutions around the main fishing line, it is important to withdraw the remaining tip of the fishing line.
- Thread the tip into the resulting loop and tighten the knot.
This option of tying is very simple and even a novice angler can master it. In addition, it does not require much time and is quite suitable for use directly on fishing. This can be in cases where it is necessary to equip the rod not at home.
Despite the simplicity of the first method, there is a second that more efficiently solves the issue of how to attach fishing line to the spool of the reel. Experienced fishermen use it., for whom the casting process is very important. In addition, it will be reliable in those cases when it is expected to bite a fairly large fish.
The professional version of tying a knot consists of several steps, each of which is extremely important:
- Having taken the spool, the user must wrap it with fishing line, as if “planting” it.
- The long end of the material is brought parallel to the main one.
- Wrap the core several times with the end and create a self-tightening knot.
- Do not tighten, but twist parallel scaffolds several times, each time fitting the loop created onto the spool.
- After 2–3 such movements, tighten the loop and cut off the protruding end at the very base.
The winding process is no less important. It should be understood: improper tying on the spool can lead to the formation of a “beard”, which is always unpleasant and unacceptable for a professional or experienced fisherman.
Beginning fishing enthusiasts often have a question about why a self-tightening knot is better. Solving such a problem, we can provide some significant evidence that such a method much more effective and reliable than ordinary:
- The self-tightening unit does not have any burrs that can create problems when casting and winding fishing line;
- He quickly and simply does not even tie at home;
- This species completely eliminates the appearance of a “beard”;
- A high degree of tension, which is extremely important, is present only when using the self-tightening method.
Now you can take a step-by-step look at the creation process. This way:
Thus, the knot can be tied in a matter of seconds and under any circumstances. It should be noted that this type is widely used not only for spools, but also when tying hooks, leashes, feeders and other fishing tackle.
Spinning bottom fishing
For lovers of bottom fishing, it is no secret that the reels for spinning are very bulky. The fact is that this type of fishing can require a lot of fishing line, and such a reel is able to accommodate up to two hundred meters of important material. In addition, bottom fishing involves a rather large forest, for example, 0.3 mm. Experienced fishermen, in order to save and rewind a sufficient amount of it on a reel, initially winding thin, and the last 50−80 meters use the necessary monofilament or braid.
In order to reliably fix the fishing line for bottom fishing on a reel, it is necessary to carry out the following actions that will ensure reliability of spinning during casting and winding:
Such a node will be quite strong and reliable. It is important to understand that this type is especially good for large fishing line. Of course, this method can always be used with any material, but for thin there are other types of ties. In addition, this method is very easy to untie by hand, without using additional tools, which is extremely important in cases where fishing tackle needs to be quickly re-equipped directly on the shore of a lake or reservoir.
Universal Grinner Method
Among professional fishermen and amateurs, the Grinner knot is often used, which is distinguished by a high degree of reliability. This species has gained popularity due to its versatility. The situation is such that it can be used not only when tying the scaffold to the spool of the reel, but also attaching hooks, spinners and even two different woods.
To quickly and correctly create a Greenner node, The following movements must be done:
- Create a tail by 10 cm from the edge of the line.
- Wrap the coil several times.
- We direct the tail in the opposite direction from the winding, forming a longitudinal loop.
- Holding the loop with your finger, we wrap parallel fishing lines around us.
- After making at least five turns, gradually release the loop.
- We increase the tension, release the loop completely and tighten the knot.
- The remnants of the tail should be cut off at the base of the node.
Reels for winter fishing rods
There are a lot of winter fishing lovers, but not everyone knows how to tie a fishing line to a reel of a winter fishing rod. The reel knot for winter fishing is of great importance. The fact is that the coil does not put a lot of scaffolding in itself, and with long bleeding, the main load falls on the knot. Therefore, it is extremely important not only to choose a reliable type of tie, but also create it correctly on the spool.
To be sure that the trophy will not break the knot, taking expensive gear into the water, it is necessary to carry out the following actions:
- Make two to three turns around the spool.
- Create a short loop from the short end.
- Make a few turns, capturing the main fishing line and the loop created.
- Pass the tip of the short section into the loop and tighten the knot.
This method has become the most popular among winter fishing enthusiasts. It must be said that it differs not only in simplicity, but also in the highest degree of reliability. In addition, it is easy to knit even at home, and winter fishing does not always imply pleasant weather.
Of course, every reel, whether it is inertial or multiplier, inertialess or for a winter fishing rod, requires attention and considerable experience from the fisherman. Among experienced fishermen, there is an opinion that each type of coil requires its own type of tie. In fact, most anglers use the one method that is most loved.
It must be understood that any knot, if properly tied, guarantees the fisherman excellent reel performance. It is necessary to use different nodes only in those cases when the method is not universal (like the Grinner node), and the thickness of the fishing line is different. In any case, in order to decide for yourself how to tie a fishing line onto a reel, it is important to possess at least several methods of tying the material to the spool, so that fishing brings real pleasure.
Basic methods for knot knot
The most important thing in the principle of tying a knot is a strong knot that cannot unwind during tension. Therefore, you need to very well follow the knitting rule and check the strength of the knot before the next casting of fishing line. When the fisherman conducts this action, the answer to the wording, how to tie the fishing line to the reel on the spool will not be new.
For the elasticity of all elements, so that it does not untie and all the functions are performed efficiently, it is necessary to fix the assembly so that the added windings do not hang. This greatly simplifies the tasks for the fisherman, because the fishing line will not get tangled.
It’s hard enough to answer the question of how to tie fishing line to the spool of the reel, but in practice there are such principles:
- Those nodes that the angler chose should not be difficult to work with. Since the knitting pattern is quite complicated and the fisherman can get confused in it if he makes a complicated loop. This leads to the most crucial moment.
- The fishing line needs to be well attached to the spool. The center of the unit before tying the knot.
These are two basic principles that must be observed to increase the catch productivity of absolutely any fish.
Remember that this node is considered one of the best options for attaching fishing line to the spool. Knitting methods for him (the spool) are enough, and there are those that are easier to tie or harder. And this is not only a knot. Initially, they always wind the line onto the spools under a stretch.
This option will help to get rid of multiple errors while using a fishing rod. Initially, it was tried by citizens from America and was nicknamed “backing.” And it was called winding. It is quite simple and you need to supplement only the missing numbers of lines with another, the cheapest. Due to the fact that this winding is every time from below, it is rarely used in practice.
Self-tightening unit is used quite often by many professional anglers.
We knit it simply. It is only necessary to do everything according to the list. After that, it will be tightened independently under tension, which will provide very tight fastening of the fishing line on the reel.
Mounting on this type of loop is done in this way:
- Create the whole line of fishing line for the spool;
- At the end of the fishing line we tie a loop, that is, tie a knot;
- Wind the free part at the end around the main fishing line up to 5 times;
- Put the free part into the upper part of the loop;
- Wet the knot on the coil with water. Then tie;
- Those pieces of fishing line that are left need to be cut off with scissors.
This connection is suitable for various types of fishing lines and is the tightest, and also can not be untied indifferently.
Knitting this type of “eight” is also suitable for strengthening the scaffold to the spool of the coil. And how to tie a braid? Very simple: a technique for tying this type of knot is provided.
- We wrap the line on the spool.
- Circle the free end along the main end.
- Wrap using a loop of two tips.
- We stretch the clean end to the initial braid.
- To properly bind. Gently tighten the knot.
Everything, the plate is ready for fishing.
Complete with non-inertial coils, specials are often supplied. An adhesive plate, it can be used for good durability of fishing line and spool elements. This is necessary for that purpose, so that in case of a complete unwinding of the fishing line, the loop does not slip on the reverse windings. Fasten the knot using an adhesive plate. It is very simple. It is only necessary to stick on top of the nodule. In place of the adhesive plate, you can take a simple patch.
Now some secrets and features of fishing skills that help fishermen are available to anglers. Now they will not go home empty-handed.
How to attach fishing line to the reel spool?
Very often, most fishermen use a non-inertial fishing line on a reel, so you need to find out which node is most suitable for fixing to a spool. To solve the question of how to fix the fishing line on the spool of the reel, you only need to apply an adhesive plate.
Remember that the selected unit must be combined with such requirements as:
- When performing long casting, all windings are reeled up to the first knot. He, however, is not untied.
- The knot should not interfere with winding the main, main fishing line onto the spool.
- The fastening is strong, for this you need a fixation so that all the elements are clipped.
Occasionally, fishermen can tie a fishing line to a spool or in general. It remains an untied knot. Fishermen confirm that such a number of knots is almost impossible to unwind, because of this knots are not needed.
Use of adhesive plate in fishing
A non-inertial reel kit often comes with a professional adhesive plate. It is suitable for a good complement to the strong connection of the spool and fishing line. This is necessary for that purpose, so that the unwinding of the fishing line in the loop does not begin to slip during reverse winding. Fixing a node with this plate is very simple. You need to glue the braid over the nodule to the spool of the coil. For the place of a regular plate, you can take an ordinary patch.
Now every fisherman knows how to use sticky plates in fishing. This technique will help to very high quality fishing on a large predator!
The self-tightening loop in comparison with others has a serious plus. It simply stretches from the load and the more it is, the more tightly the loop itself is tightened. Let’s cover some interesting ways on how to properly attach a fishing line to a spool.
To begin with, let’s touch on the popular method using large reels (for bottom fishing). Such a coil is quite convenient to work over long distances, but, unfortunately, it requires a lot of fishing line for winding.
In this case, if the coil is suitable, it is better to start winding with cheap and gradually switch to a better one. A braid or a monofilament.
But it is advisable to wind an ordinary cord onto the spool of a small spinning reel.
We begin to act as follows:
- We take the fishing line and wrap it around the spool of the reel, while it is advisable to leave a small piece necessary for the preparation of the loop.
- Pre-wrap the loop with the main fishing line and thread into the loop at the base of the place of twisting.
- Wet the knot with water, then carefully tighten.
- The resulting ring is adjusted on the spool of the reel and, pulling on the leading line, we reach the knot.
- The remaining excess ends are cut off with a sharp object.
We got a good sliding knot, which can be removed from the coil at any time.
- Then we wrap the fishing line, but try to leave a few millimeters to the side, this allows you to cast the bait as far as possible and prevents the line from falling off spontaneously.
Self-tightening loop. A strong spinning unit, one of the most successful solutions for which you do not need any special skills or special tools. The advantage of this knot will be that you need to untie it yourself if you want to remove it, because the stronger the load of the lead fishing line, the more tightened the loop. True, there is one caveat: it is desirable that the load is constant, so that the running end remains in place.
Another good option is how to attach the fishing line to the spool, will be a node “Greenner”.
- To do this, take the main fishing line, tightly wrap it several times around the spool so that on one side we still have the leading thread, and on the other, the tip of 10 centimeters.
- The end that we left is rotated in the opposite direction from the leading thread, so that we get a large longitudinal loop, about 3-4 cm (hold the loop with your finger so that it does not interfere with the leading one).
- We wrap two fishing line bases (parallel to each other), which extend away from the reel itself while continuing to hold the longitudinal loop with your finger, we hook the line leading and going into the loop itself (under the reel) 4-5 times together.
- Then we wet it with liquid and gently pull on the last piece of fishing line, gently releasing the longitudinal loop.
It is advisable to tighten the knot to the maximum, the only thing that still does not need to be forgotten during the knitting process is the tightness of contact with the spool.
Arbor Knot-fishing unit for tying fishing line or braided line to a reel or spool
If fishing tackle is used with a reel of any type — inertial or without, then in any case there is a need to master and use the unit when tying fishing line, braids to the reel.
This unit is simple, easy to learn and yet strong enough. To create greater reliability of this connection when tying fishing line to the reel, many fishermen make a double revolution around the reel when tying.
This is most likely justified for very smooth, polished drums or reel spools.
How to quickly and accurately tie fishing line to a reel, spool
Knot for tying fishing line to the reel or spool is ready
Independent knitting of this knot when tying fishing line or cord (braids) to the reel or drum of the spool, as can be seen from the above, is quite simple and this fishing knot is easy to remember.
It is not used very often, after all, not every day fishing line is attached to the reel, but it is necessary to know or at least remember such a knot. Still, the fishing line or backing is tied to the reel by the angler himself, and if you change the line every year, you can easily remember the sequence of tying.
When tightening the assembly, do not forget to wet the tightened sections of the fishing line or cord to prevent unnecessary mechanical and thermal stress on these critical sections. Creating a control unit at the end of the line or braid creates additional insurance when the line or braid is completely unwound from a spool or reel.
For greater certainty, here at the end of the line you can tie a double control knot. If you have such a fishing opportunity that the fish unwinds all the fishing line from the reel, then the knot must be reliable and you must be sure of it. This fishing unit meets all the requirements. Having tied a fishing line or braid with such a knot to a reel or spool, you can be calm while fishing and confident in your tackle.
In addition to using this fishing unit directly in fishing tackle, you can use it for domestic and household purposes. It is not recommended to use this unit if there is a danger to humans.
Translation-Alexey Brevnov (DIY FISH)
- How to tie a braid with a fishing line
- How to tie a braid
- How to snap a hook
- How to tie a leash to the main fishing line
- How to tie a hook to a fishing line
- How to tie a fishing line to a fishing line
With the onset of the open water season, many anglers take out their fishing gear from the loggia or mezzanine to review them and prepare for the upcoming trip to the reservoir. And the first thing that every fishing enthusiast does is wind up fishing line on a spool of a reel.
How to tie a fishing line to a reel spool
Not everyone knows how to do it correctly and efficiently. There are some fishermen who generally prefer to ignore any knots, but wind up a couple of hundred meters, explaining this by the fact that they are unlikely to ever throw the bait at such a considerable distance. But this method does not justify itself.
This is due to the fact that by the end of the season the length of the fishing line can greatly decrease due to its cliffs, the formation of “beards”, cutting of the damaged area and so on. As a result, at one point, she can fly into the unknown along with the expensive bait attached to her.
It is best to attach the fishing line to the spool of the coil, the node corresponding to these characteristics:
- The knot should be such that it does not interfere with the fishing line freely reeling from the reel spool at the time of casting the bait;
- In the event that the line is unwound to the end with long casting, the knot must withstand and not untie.
The simplest and most common knot for tying fishing line to the reel of the spool is self-drawn. He has one more indisputable advantage. Reliability. But that’s not all! Such a knot is able to stretch from the load, and the more often you throw the bait over a long distance until it is completely untwisted, the more the loop tightens.
How to properly attach fishing line to the spool of the spool with a self-tightening loop
We attach the fishing line to the spool of the inertialess coil in 5 stages:
- First you need to wrap it around the spool once. In this case, you should pay attention to the fact that the end of the line should not be too short. This will facilitate the knitting process. If the tip is too short, it will be much more difficult to make a knot. Over, it may not even work out.
- Then the end must be thrown over the main line and make a small loop.
- After this, you need to make 3-4 turns of the fishing line a little lower than the loop and thread its tip into the resulting loop.
- Now you should tighten the loop: tighten with your left hand until the knot is formed. Before doing this, it is advisable to moisten the fishing line at the tightening point with water or ordinary saliva to avoid heating the fishing line and, as a result, make the knot more durable.
- If this is not done, then a weakened and poor-quality unit may not withstand the load and break. After the final tightening, a small and strong knot is formed, which will not fail at a crucial moment.
- And finally, the final chord. Cutting off excess fishing line. The protruding tip should be as short as possible so that when casting the main fishing line does not cling to it. The result should be a small and neat little bundle.
Any person can master this method, even one who has never tied a knot in his life before. It is not only simple and reliable, but also requires very little time, which is especially important during a stay in a pond. Such a knot is suitable for both spinning and float fishing.
Finally, I want to say that when winding fishing line on the spool, you need to stop two to three millimeters from its edge. With this winding, the line will be easier to slide off the spool and fly to maximum length.