How To Mix Proportions Trimmer Mix
To mow grass in the country or on the field you will need gas trimmers. They work on gasoline, in contrast to electrical counterparts. Not many masters know how to dilute gasoline with oil for trimmers, benzo and lawn mowers. Step-by-step instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer will be useful not only to beginners, but also to specialists who may refuel chainsaws incorrectly.
What to choose oil for refueling in trimmer or types of lubricants
Trimmers and lawn mowers are powered by two-stroke engines, which have a simplified design. Rarely, there are models of trimmers with 4-stroke engines that run on clean gasoline. The power units of the push-pull type do not have a compartment for pouring motor oil (oil sump), due to which the weight of the tool is reduced and their cost is reduced. If the rotating parts of the motor are not lubricated, then in the end they will quickly fail. To prevent this, the trimmer is not charged with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of oil. Which oil to dilute with gasoline for trimmer?
To begin with, we recall or find out what types of oils by chemical composition are produced:
- Mineral liquids. Designed for low power equipment with air cooling. This is the cheapest type of lubricant for motors.
- Semi-synthetic substances. They are used for equipment that has air and water cooling
- Synthetic. Suitable for all types of motors with different types of cooling. They do not require frequent replacement, and this type of lubricant is several times more expensive than mineral and semi-synthetic
From the above it follows that for a trimmer, oil with any composition is suitable. Mineral water, synthetics and semi-synthetics. Oils with different chemical compositions differ in price, so you should rely on the recommendations of the tool manufacturer when buying. The instructions provide recommended information on which types of oils are best used. If this is the TC-W3 standard, then it is not so important what composition the substance should have. In this case, mineral water, semi-synthetics and synthetics can be diluted with gasoline.
The choice of oil for lawn mowers useful recommendations from professionals
If the instruction manual for the tool has been lost and there are difficulties in choosing the right oil, then it is recommended to stop your choice on the following two options:
- Semi-synthetic. Are cheaper than synthetics, but more expensive than mineral water. Suitable for equipment, both Russian-made and foreign. They have low smoke control parameters and adequately “take care” of the structural elements of the motor. They are made by distillation of petroleum products and hydrocarbons.
- Synthetic. Expensive types of lubricants that are suitable for all types of equipment. If you use synthetics for your trimmer, the engine of the instrument will work like a clock
When choosing and buying oils for dilution with gasoline, you may encounter the fact that some letter designations are indicated on the cans. These designations are an API classification that will be useful to find out who wants to fill in a tool with a suitable lubricant. Consider all types of oils according to the API classification for two-stroke engines:
- Ta. Is intended for air-cooled devices, the volume of which is up to 50 cm3. Such equipment includes mopeds, lawn mowers, trimmers and lawn mowers. The optimal solution for lawn mowing and trimmer
- Tb. Is used for refueling engines of such units as mopeds, chainsaws, scooters and motorcycles. The volume of engines of such equipment is from 50 to 200 cm3. This type of oil is also suitable for trimmers.
- Tc. Designed for dilution with gasoline and pouring into motorcycles, snowmobiles and other types of land equipment
- Td. Serves for refueling outboard motors, scooters and boats
The API classification is an American standard that is used in Europe. However, when choosing, there are additional designations on the oil canisters for two-stroke engines, for example, FA, FB, FC, FD and others. This is a smoke emission oil classification developed by the Japanese JASO standard. If there are such designations on the selected oils for trimmers and chainsaws, then their decoding should be taken into account:
- Fa. Are used in states where legislation stipulates minimum smoke emissions into the atmosphere. In operation, inconspicuous smoke fog is emitted.
- Fb. Are intended for use in countries where there are strict restrictions on the emission of smoke into the atmosphere. Virtually no white smoke
- Fc. Smoke is emitted into the atmosphere transparent, and not noticeable by humans
- Fd. Smokeless oils for 2-stroke ICEs that do not emit smoke, but also have improved chemical properties. They are usually used for mixing with gasoline and for refueling boats, boats and yachts.
If the designations “self mix” and “pre mix” are present on the lubricant reservoir, then they mean self-mixing with gasoline (the first option that does not require shaking), and the need for forced dissolution (second option).
Knowing the classification of oils by their types, it will not be difficult to choose the best option for your brand of lawn mowers. On the market you can find a variety of brands of oils for two-stroke engines, but it is better to pay special attention to such companies:
- Stihl. Produce mineral and synthetic, and semi-synthetic of this brand are rare
- Shell Helix Ultra. Recommended by Specialists
- Lukoil. Russian oil, which costs 3 times cheaper than foreign counterparts, but at the same time has excellent quality indicators
For products are not indicated, as their cost varies. There are many other brands, and if you still want to find the perfect lubricant for your trimmer for yourself, it is recommended that you watch the test in the below.
From the, we can conclude that it is not always useful to buy expensive oils, as they may turn out to be of unsatisfactory quality, as can be seen in a real example.
We deal with the choice of gasoline for lawn mowers AI-92 or AI-95
How many people, so many opinions that apply not only to the choice of oil for the trimmer, but also gasoline. Similarly, in order not to make a mistake with the choice, it is recommended to use gasoline of the brand recommended by the manufacturer (indicated in the manual for the tool). However, not everything is so simple here, since at each gas station gasoline brands are only named the same, but they have completely different composition. You need to figure it out, and come to a single conclusion about which brand is better to pour gasoline into a two-stroke engine for your trimmer.
Manufacturers recommend using A-92 gasoline for their equipment, and some models require the use of A-95 grade, which does not contain ethyl alcohol. It is not recommended to use gasoline of grade AI-90 or lower, since they will entail rapid wear of engine parts. When buying gasoline of the same brand, you cannot be 100% sure that it is true. The result is the following picture:
- The manufacturer recommends pouring fuel into the trimmer brand AI-92
- A summer resident uses only gasoline of this brand, but buys it at gas stations, where the price is lower or where you have to
- This negatively affects the internal details of the engine, since on one gas station it is really high-quality AI-92 gasoline, and on the second. In the best case, if it is AI-80, and not AI-76
As a result, the motor suffers, and after a couple of years of operation of the new trimmer, the need arises for its overhaul. In order not to have to analyze the quality of the fuel or buy only expensive gasoline, it is recommended to refuel at only one gas station. At gas stations, gas is only poured into metal cans, not plastic.
There are manufacturers that produce special purified fuel for two-stroke engines. If you choose this option, then you do not need to choose the best gas station, brand of gasoline and control its shelf life.
Learning to breed gasoline with trimmer oil if underfilling or pouring oil
If you bought a trimmer, lawn mowing, lawn mowing, chainsaw and other types of equipment, you probably know that they use two-stroke engines as power units. These engines do not work on pure gasoline, like four-stroke ones, but on a mixture of gasoline with oil. In what proportion should gasoline be diluted with oil for the trimmer. This question is asked by every summer resident before preparing the tool for work. We will examine this issue in detail, since the dilution of gasoline with oil for the trimmer affects the tool life, and improper preparation of the mixture will lead to rapid engine wear. What is the danger of excess or insufficient oil in gasoline for the trimmer:
- If gasoline is diluted with a large amount of oil (above normal), this will lead not only to a large amount of smoke, but also to the formation of carbon deposits on the cylinder walls and a drop in power. This soot will cause piston wear, which will be diagnosed by reducing its performance
- If gasoline does not contain enough oil to be trimmed, this is even more dangerous. After all, the working mechanisms of the engine will not be lubricated in sufficient quantities, which will ultimately lead to their rapid wear (there is a rapid destruction of the piston rings and jamming of the motor). With insufficient oil in gasoline poured into the trimmer, engine wear will occur tens of times faster
In order not to have to pay for errors at the cost of overhauling the engine or buying a new tool, it is necessary to fill the fuel with the correct consistency from the first day. You can find out the ratio in the instructions for the tool, as models from different manufacturers can give different recommendations. Usually this ratio is as follows:
- 1 to 25 or 1 liter of gasoline 40 grams of push-pull oil
- 1 to 40 or 1 liter of gasoline 25-30 grams of lubricant
- 1 to 50. This is added per gram of gasoline 20 grams of oil
The standard value is considered to be 1 to 50 (indicated on canisters with oil for two-stroke engines), but it is necessary to rely on it in the most extreme case, as manufacturers indicate the recommended value of the proportion, and if you do not observe it, the service life of the two-stroke motor is reduced.
In addition to maintaining proportions, you must also learn how to prepare the mixture. After all, the option of adding oil to the gas tank is categorically contraindicated, although some do. If you bought a trimmer or lawn mower, then you will need supplies that you will use to prepare the mixture. Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer is as follows:
- Prepare gasoline and two-stroke oil, based on the above recommendations for choosing a lubricant and fuel
- Additionally, to prepare the mixture you need to take a container or container. Usually, a plastic bottle is used for this, the choice of which requires an appropriate approach. It should be clean inside. Using a container of milk of beer and other drinks is not recommended. The best option is a container for mineral water
- It is very important that the container has an integer value of volume, that is, 1 or 2 liters, so that you do not have to calculate how much oil to pour into a bottle per 1.5 liters, 1.3 or 1.25 liters, because you can easily make a mistake
- You will also need a syringe, which is used as a measuring device for dispensing oil. For such purposes, a conventional medical syringe with 10 or more cubes is suitable. It is desirable that the syringe has an accurate measuring scale
- After preparing the necessary materials, you can begin to prepare
Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the lawn mower:
- First you need to fill the plastic container. The tank is filled with 2 fingers not enough to fit the oil
- The necessary amount of push-pull oil is drawn into the syringe, and poured into a bottle with the gasoline gained. You need to do just that, and not vice versa
- After adding lubricant to the bottle, it requires closing it tightly with a lid and stirring. However, keep in mind that stirring requires oils with the designation “pre mix”. If the container with oil has the designation “self mix”, then it is not necessary to shake the container, and after connecting the substances, you can fill them into the tool tank
After preparing the fuel mixture for the trimmer, it remains to refuel the tool, and proceed to work. How to properly fill trimmers, lawn mowers, chainsaws and other types of motor vehicles, we will consider in detail.
How to pour finished fuel into a two-stroke engine
Many do not comply with some important recommendations for pouring fuel into the trimmer’s gas tank or lawn mowers, which ultimately leads to unpleasant consequences. Consider the important recommendations on how to properly pour diluted fuel from gasoline and oil into the gas tank of lawn mowers:
- Prepare a funnel or watering can. Despite the large diameter of the gas tank opening, very often when trying to get into it, a certain part of the fuel spills onto the tool body. If fuel gets on the tool, it can cause a fire when it is heated, so it is very important to use a funnel or watering can here.
- Before unscrewing the plug, the surface of the tank should be thoroughly cleaned, since contaminants can get inside, which will cause a quick clogging of the gas filter
- Fuel filling operations must be carried out in calm weather or in a secluded place to exclude the possibility of dust and small grains of sand getting into the tank
- Do not leave the tank hatch open for a long time, as not only small grains of sand and dust can get into it, but also insects
- Do not inhale gasoline vapors during pouring, as they are dangerous to humans. When working with a trimmer, the master must use safety glasses, earphones and a respirator
- Pour fuel into the tank to the mark. If you fill a full tank, then when screwing the cork, some will pour out. Uneconomical use of fuel. In this case, it’s better to underfill than to overfill
Given these recommendations, you can significantly extend the life of the gasoline tool in question.
Recommendations for storing the finished fuel mixture for the trimmer
After refilling the trimmer, many put off the mixture left in the bottle until the next time. Sometimes this next time does not come soon, and stretches until the next year. It is impossible to store the finished mixture for so long, as oil decomposition occurs. After preparing the mixture, it must be used up for 1-2 weeks. In addition, it is also impossible to store the instrument for a long time with the fuel mixture poured into the tank, as the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended to consider the following recommendations for storing the finished mixture of gasoline with oil:
- Prepare the fuel mixture in an amount to be used. If you don’t know how much fuel you use, then it’s better to cook less
- If the fuel mixture remains in the trimmer tank (when the tool is hidden until the next season), then it must be completely consumed or drained
- Before adding the prepared mixture to the tank, you need to mix it thoroughly
- Store the finished mixture in a tightly tightened container, as well as in a place limited to sunlight
Subject to all recommendations, the life of the trimmer will be no less than indicated in the instructions. The use of high-quality consumables paired with the recommendations for the preparation of the mixture in the trimmer will entail a long and effective service of a gasoline tool.