How to properly cut linoleum under the baseboard
The method is recommended for cutting products intended for installation in non-standard-shaped rooms with angles that differ from the standard mark of 90 degrees. Stencils for the desired angle can be made from paper or thin cardboard. First, strips are cut from the rough material, which have exactly the same width as the skirting board. Then they are applied to the corner and fixed, after which they are cut to the shape of the corner. Then, according to the stencils received, the plinth itself is cut at the required angle.
Stencil cutting of plastic skirting boards
Installing Vinyl Plank Flooring? Save Time and Money on Baseboard!
How to properly trim the corners of the skirting board
Since it is hard plastic skirting boards that are increasingly used during repairs, it is about them that will be discussed. Their installation is inevitably associated with the need to cut and form beautiful joints in the corners. The quality of all work and the appearance of the room where the repair is being made will depend on how the plinth will be joined, in general.
Cutting skirting boards with a miter box
For the correct trimming of the plinth, a special device was invented, which was called the miter box. It is a small block with a notch for the skirting board and with gaps located at different angles. for the cutting tool.
With the help of a miter box, you can get neat and even cuts. The plinth is fixed inside the product, then the angle and direction of cut required in a particular case is selected.
On a note! If it is necessary to form a beautiful angle using a miter box, then one piece of the plinth is cut at one angle, and the second. in a mirror image.
We make a miter box with our own hands
When working with a miter box, it is important to ensure that the edges of the skirting board protrude a short distance beyond the edges of the selected slot. If the trimming tool is wider than the skirting board itself, it is recommended to securely fix the product inside the miter box before trimming. Otherwise, the plinth may move inside, the cut angle will constantly change, because of which it (cut) will turn out to be incorrect and incorrect.
Making cuts for joining skirting boards using a miter box
Important! The pressure on the skirting board should be moderate when cutting. Otherwise, it may break.
Cutting with a rotary miter box
How to cut off a plastic skirting board: how to cut it off and how to do it correctly, cutting methods
A skirting board is an essential element for decorating a room and giving it a complete and neat look. It can be made of various materials, but the plastic skirting board is especially popular now. It is easy to install, but even in this process there are some subtleties that are important to know about. How to cut a plastic skirting board correctly so that you can neatly dock it in the corners?
How to cut a plastic skirting board
Using a ruler and pencil without a miter box
If you don’t have a miter box at hand, and you don’t want to make stencils, then you can try to apply the necessary markings on the plinth with a pencil. In the case of the formation of an inner corner, the width of the product is measured with a ruler, then the obtained value is deposited on the end of the plinth, and a fishing line is drawn from its corner to this marked point with a pencil, along which the cut will be made. The second plinth, which will form a corner together with the first, is simply cut off according to the first one attached to it.
Important! If the installation of skirting boards is carried out in a room with a complex geometry, then all corners will have to be carefully measured in order to avoid mistakes.
Floor skirting in non-standard corners
Methods for cutting plastic skirting boards
Cutting skirting boards is seemingly simple, but responsible. If the corners are cut incorrectly, they will not fit correctly and all the work will go to waste, since the product will no longer have a beautiful appearance. there will be gaps between two sections of the baseboard and decorative inserts (corners, connecting elements, etc.).
Most often, an ordinary metal hacksaw, which has fine teeth, is used to cut the plinth. However, for thin skirting boards, it will not work, since the product will simply tear under the influence of this tool.
Plastic skirting board cutting angle grinder
Sometimes the plinth is cut with metal scissors. But the method also has its drawbacks, because the product can be crumpled under the pressure of the blades. Less common, but still used is an angle grinder. However, the cutting line after it can be inaccurate, as the tool often “tears” soft plastic. Especially often this method turns out to be unsuccessful for beginners in the world of repair who do not yet know how to fully control the work. So the angle grinder can be attributed to rather specific methods.
On a note! You can use a sharpened knife or utility knife to cut thin skirting boards. But such work requires some skill, therefore it is recommended to first practice on the scraps of the old plastic skirting board.
The most important thing in the procedure for cutting skirting boards is the observance of the required geometry. The procedure is never performed “by eye”, the accuracy of measurements and accuracy are important here. Therefore, there are other methods for cutting skirting boards.
The absence of fittings implies the use of other methods of connecting skirting boards. This is an option with and without clipping templates.
How to cut a plastic skirting board
If the angle in the room where it is planned to finish the joints of the walls and the floor with a plinth is 90 degrees, which happens extremely rarely, then the cuts of the plinths should have an angle of 45 degrees each. Such a cut is the easiest to make, especially with the use of a miter box. It is enough to insert the plinth into the miter box, then select a groove at 45 degrees and make a cut.
However, such angles of 90 degrees in rooms are extremely rare, usually they differ by several values in one direction or another. And in some rooms, the corners may even be larger. Then the cutting is done differently: a marking is drawn on the floor with a pencil, where the border of the location of the plinth is drawn on one and the other side of the corner. you get a small rhombus. The diagonal of this rhombus will be the very cutting line of the product. Next, a plinth is applied to the marking, on which the marking is performed in accordance with the diagonal of the rhombus. If you draw a straight line from this mark to the corner of the plinth, then you get the very necessary cutting line.
Cutting the corner on the skirting board
Advice! When trimming the skirting board, it is recommended to saw off a little less than necessary. In case of an error, this will correct the situation by lightly processing the edges of the product by hand and adjust the skirting board to the desired size.
The outer corners of the skirting boards are formed a little differently, or rather, in a room with ideal geometry, you can also cut products at an angle of 45 degrees (but in a different direction) and, after joining, close the edges with a plug. Non-standard corners are cut like this: one of the skirting boards is applied to one of the walls, its borders are marked with a pencil. The same procedure is performed with another product. again a rhombus flaunts on the floor, the diagonal of which will become a guide for cutting products.
Decoration of the outer corner of the plastic skirting board
The main types of floor skirting boards
The wooden skirting board is a classic. It is a natural product, as it is made from solid wood. This type is distinguished by its high strength and durability. the skirting boards, installed back in the times of the USSR, still serve faithfully in some apartments and houses. Now they are made mainly from pine wood, but there are also products from walnut, oak, ash and other species. However, due to this, the cost of products increases. not everyone can afford such skirting boards.
Wooden floor plinth
Because of this, veneered skirting boards have appeared on the market. their are an order of magnitude lower. However, outwardly, they practically do not differ from products made of expensive wood. The fact is that their upper part, which plays a decorative role, is just made of a thin layer of expensive wood. Without certain knowledge and experience, it is almost impossible to distinguish veneered plinth from ordinary wooden skirting.
On a note! For cutting skirting boards. wood and veneer. use a regular wood saw.
It is convenient to cut wooden skirting boards with a hacksaw for metal
- looks beautiful and neat. it is able to imitate natural wood products;
- easy to install, flexible and very easy to cut;
- can serve as a cable channel for laying wires;
- not afraid of exposure to water, and also does not rot, mold does not start on it;
- is inexpensive compared to wood or veneered products.
Plastic skirting board is made of polyvinyl chloride, which is passed through special forms under high pressure. After the mass has solidified, a neat plastic product is obtained.
On a note! Some manufacturers decorate the edges of plastic skirting boards with rubber. This measure helps the product not to slip on walls and floors during installation and to adhere tightly to surfaces.
Plastic skirting board
Plastic skirting boards are of several types. for example, used for carpet (they have a special shape in the form of the letter G, fix the material) or for linoleum. There are also universal products that can be installed on any kind of flooring. They can be classified and depending on the hardness.
Table. Types of plastic skirting boards depending on the hardness.
Flexible plastic skirting boards
Varieties of ceiling plinths
The classification of the baguette is carried out according to the material of manufacture:
- Plaster. The most ancient representatives of ceiling plinths. For their casting, special matrices were used. Various solutions were used as an adhesive assembly. The name “fillets” is also used for plaster moldings. In modern construction, they are used very rarely due to the high cost and inconvenience of installation. In addition, more reliable and inexpensive simulations of plaster fillets have appeared.
- Polystyrene (polyurethane). The most common type of skirting board. Products of this type are characterized by low cost, excellent aesthetic characteristics, ease of installation and a rich assortment in terms of external design. The width of polystyrene moldings varies from 5 to 250 mm. They can be used in any type of room, complementing various interior styles.
- Wooden. Expensive and rather bulky baguettes, with the help of which wooden houses with the corresponding interior are mainly made out. To install wooden planks, in addition to glue, screws and nails are often used.
- Plastic. An excellent option for bathrooms and other rooms with high humidity. Installation is carried out on special moisture-resistant glue or secret self-tapping screws.
When installing the above products, you need to know how to cut the ceiling plinth. This does not apply to plastic products that come with special angled adapters.
Other pruning methods
As a rule, in ordinary rooms, the evenness of walls and ceilings is rarely observed. With slight deviations, they can be trimmed during the fitting process. If the deviation of the angle from the standard 90 degrees is large, you need to know how to cut the ceiling plinth without a miter box.
There is only one way out in such a situation. to carry out the procedure on how to cut corners on the baseboards on the ceiling in place:
- To carry out the procedure, how to properly cut the plinth to the ceiling, you need to arm yourself with a finely sharpened pencil (with its help you can apply clear marks that are not visible from a distance), a fragment of a baguette, a ruler and a good office knife (if a plastic or wooden plinth is mounted, then a saw).
- Attaching a frieze to the corner, make a pencil mark along the outer edge. Do the same with the reverse side of the corner. As a result, the line should form a cross on the ceiling. The point of intersection of the marks will be the convergence point for the edges of the ceiling frieze. To transfer the scheme of how to properly cut the ceiling plinth at the corners, a frieze is applied and rests with the end part in the corner.
- Next, using a ruler, you need to connect the edges of the frieze and the markings. A simple operation, how to cut a plinth for a ceiling on a solid surface, will not give a positive result: there will still not be a complete connection along the cut of the corner of two separate moldings. In this case, it is necessary to carry out additional trimming in place. This option is suitable for not very wide friezes (up to 5 cm).
- To trim the corner more accurately, you need to put the plinth on the end. When cutting, the knife should move obliquely at an angle of 45 degrees (so that the edge is sharp). After that, fitting in place, if necessary, then on a very small scale.
- A similar procedure, how to properly cut the plinth on the ceiling, is carried out in relation to the second plank. It must be attached to the place of future installation, resting its butt on the adjoining side of the corner. Next, mark a point with a cross, apply a marking and cut off at the bottom. If adjustment is required, then it is carried out even before spreading with glue.
Similar actions are carried out on the outer corner. It is most convenient to first cut one corner, and adjust the second along it.
Using decorative corners
This refers to special corner adapters, which are usually completed with polyurethane and polystyrene friezes. Decorative corners are glued to the very corner, and the baguettes are adjacent to them on both sides. Adjustment in this case is either not required at all, or is carried out with a simple clerical knife.
How to cut a corner with a miter box
In rooms with even corners and walls, cutting the ceiling plinth using a miter box is usually not very difficult. The tool has the form of a U-shaped groove with saw guides made at an angle of 90 and 45 degrees. Having placed the element requiring cutting inside the device, insert the saw into the guides. During the cutting process, the baguette must be firmly held in place to avoid defects. Cutting off the plinth is quite difficult, since it is necessary to achieve its simultaneous adherence to two planes. If the width of the baguette is small, then it is more convenient to press it to the near side. “How to cut ceiling plinths. cutting tools and rules”.
How to cut off the corner of a ceiling plinth if you are making an outer corner:
- Before cutting the corners of the ceiling plinth with a miter box, it is washed down at an angle of 45 degrees.
- The miter box is exposed in a comfortable position. This will make it possible to determine the exact location of the skirting board: first of all, this concerns the edge of the product that will be adjacent to the ceiling. To avoid confusion, it is best to place the right-side plank on the right and the left-side plank on the left.
- The surface is pressed against the lower surface of the miter box. In this case, the second part rises, turning out to be the closest. It must be applied to the wall of the miter box in such a way that during operation it will not wobble. With this arrangement, the front side of the product turns out to be turned in the opposite direction.
- Cutting must be done at an angle of 45 degrees from yourself. If done correctly, the two halves are folded together to create a beautiful outer corner.
After the correct sawing off of the ceiling plinth in the corners is completed, both pieces must first be applied to the ceiling “dry” in order to check the coincidence of the corner geometry. If necessary, trimming is carried out with a knife. It is easier to cover small gaps with a putty, which, after drying, must be treated with sanding paper. As for the inner corner, it is much easier to arrange it.
The procedure for how to cut the ceiling plinth in the corners of the interior type is very similar to the one described above. The first step is to determine the side that will be adjacent to the ceiling. It is placed at the bottom of the miter box. The reverse side leans against the near wall. After sawing off the plinth on the ceiling is finished, the resulting fragments must be applied dry to the corner, checking the quality of the joint. Fitting is carried out if necessary. After that, one and the second skirting boards are installed on the assembly structure. Small gaps in the corner can be filled with a special putty.
Ways to get a beautiful angle
The most difficult area when decorating the ceiling surface with a frieze is the corner areas. If you just cut the skirting board at the right angle, ugly gaps will remain. To achieve a snug fit between two adjacent products, you must also trim their edges. There are several ways to do this.
How to cut a corner of a ceiling plinth. simple and correct ways
The aesthetic perception of the entire room directly depends on the beauty of the ceiling decoration. This is especially true of the quality of gluing the baguette: if it is not difficult to do this on straight sections of the walls, then when decorating the corner sections, you will need to know how to cut the ceiling plinths.
What tool is needed
When installing the ceiling plinth, it must be cut to size or in the corners.
The following tools will usually help you to cut the corner of the skirting board:
- Hacksaw for wood. It is used for working with wooden products.
- Hacksaw for metal. This tool is convenient for cutting plastic, foam and polymer friezes. As a result, it is possible to obtain a fairly clean joint without burrs. When working with saws, it is convenient to use a miter box.
- Stationery knife. It can be used to cut styrofoam baguettes without using special tools. The main thing is that the knife is well sharpened and has a thin and even blade. If you act carefully, the cut is smooth, without any dents.
When using the saw, it is important not to use excessive force, otherwise the skirting board will be crumpled. It is best to practice on some unnecessary piece first. This will allow you to get beautiful fragments in the future.
Wooden skirting board
Wooden plinth. varieties
This type is made from a single piece of wood. It is considered the most environmentally friendly and safe for use in residential premises. They are easy to attach and repair. Perhaps the only drawback of wooden varieties is the tendency to deformation with an excess of moisture. Therefore, it is not recommended to use wooden skirting boards for linoleum in the bathroom, toilet or kitchen.
Wooden plinth. the cheapest option
The most common material for their manufacture is solid pine. The cost of wooden skirting boards made of pine hovers around 4 for a standard size of 2.2 m.The durability of such skirting boards at normal room humidity is about 5-12 years.
Planks made of solid linden or oak are more durable. Their price will be slightly higher than 5-7 or more, depending on the color, for the same size of 2.2 meters.
Also, in the manufacture of wooden skirting boards, walnut, birch, ash, maple, cherry and other tree species are used. And for those who love not standard but elite materials, they produce ledges from ebony and mahogany, dusia and other noble tree species.
If, when buying a wooden skirting board, its price is absolutely ridiculous, pay attention to its quality. In this case, the product is either glued in several places due to a large number of knots, or the product is behaved as a result of improper storage.
So if you choose a product made of wood, check out the quality certificate, which should indicate the class of wood used in the manufacture and its other characteristics.
Varieties of skirting boards
Not every family, given the current fluctuations in exchange rates, can afford to hire a qualified team of flooring masters, and often some of them do all the repair work at home on their own, thereby increasing their overall development. From this we can conclude: laying linoleum, as well as installing baseboards on it, is not considered an overly difficult task. To deal with this on your own, you just need to know the important points of the installation, which we wrote about earlier and will decide on the choice of the material of the docking bars, which we will now do with you.
What the skirting board consists of and what is needed to install it
Let’s take a look not only at the floor plinth for linoleum, laminate and other floor coverings, but all varieties. That is, ceramic for cladding bathrooms, foam. for ceilings and other types.
Let us remind you that skirting boards are:
- Made of MDF
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and tell you about each type separately.
Published on 21 December 2015 at 12:37
Aluminum skirting board
Such skirting boards are not afraid of water or similar operating conditions; therefore, they reliably protect the electrical wiring laid inside. It has established itself due to the mandatory presence of the channel cable and the material from which it is made. Aluminum skirting boards have proven themselves well in the decoration of commercial and public spaces. In apartments, it is mainly installed only in kitchens.
It is fixed to the wall with dowels, due to which it is very difficult to dismantle. Therefore, when installing it, accuracy of calculations is required. In addition, it has exceptional beauty and increased wear resistance.
Styrofoam skirting board
Ceiling skirting boards of various shapes
Another type of skirting boards that are not related to fixing linoleum is foam. In most cases, it is mounted on the ceiling. The variety of shapes and sizes is very large, sometimes they resemble relief frescoes of medieval castles. This product is made of polyvinyl chloride, that is, foam.
In processing, this type of skirting board is very light and simple, but you always need to take it with a margin, since it is very easy to break such a product absolutely by chance, even during transportation.
It is not rational to use a foam plinth on the floor, since at the slightest load it will simply break, and if touched at least with a vacuum cleaner, it will fly into chips.
Plastic skirting board
PVC skirting board
It is the cheapest among its brethren. start at 0.5 for a 2.5 meter piece. This product is made of foamed PVC and is the most environmentally friendly material. Also suitable for non-natural floor coverings. It is better not to use it for porcelain stoneware or floor tiles.
Due to the richness of color shades, their low cost and ease of use, plastic skirting boards have become more popular than all other types.
Although such skirting boards are less durable than wooden ones, they are not susceptible to deformation due to excess moisture, do not rot and are easy to maintain.
Make sure the skirting board is firmly against the floor. If, after installation, even a minimal gap remains to the floor, then dangerous bacteria and microbes will accumulate under the skirting board. Therefore, do everything right at once.
Floor skirting board. docking with a socket
At the ends and in the corners, the joints are closed with special plastic fittings for skirting boards. The only drawback of which is the rare inconsistency of the range of planks and fittings.
It is a pleasure to attach plastic curbs to the wall. The cuts themselves are screwed into the walls like clockwork, first you just need to drill holes in the right places.
Plastic pads are dismantled as easily as they are installed, and the cuts themselves are reliably hidden in the cable channel, which all products of this type are equipped with. Cavities for wires are different in volume. The size of the skirting boards themselves depends on this. The more bunches of wires are placed inside, the higher the floor bar will be.
Craftsmen still recommend using plastic skirting boards to secure linoleum around the perimeter of the rooms. This is due to their characteristics, they are easy to install and dismantle.
Choosing the size and color
Choosing a skirting board for linoleum and joining rooms
After we have determined which skirting boards are best for linoleum, let’s select the required color and size. It is accepted to measure the plinth in centimeters in height. For example, if the room where the plinth is installed has high ceilings and a decent square, the plinth should be more massive and clearly separate the edge of the wall and the floor. Otherwise, with a small area of \ u200b \ u200bthe room and not high ceilings, it is best to choose the narrowest one. Due to this move, the height of the wall will seem to increase. The most important thing is not to get hung up on this, because 1-2 cm of the role is especially not played with, if the chosen product is of good quality and fits the interior.
Skirting board turning into door trim
The most beautiful solution is the skirting board that turns into the door trim. This method will enliven the interior and give a modern design to your room. The only point here is that the width of the platbands and plinths should be the same.
If very bright colors are chosen for the interior, then the skirting board can be painted in any contrasting color, thereby emphasizing the border of the floor and walls. The most important thing here is that the color of the skirting boards does not match either the wall, or the floor, or the door. For this role, either a sofa, or a chandelier or wardrobe is suitable.
When using this solution, your interior can easily be called a designer one, since you yourself have thought of everything to the smallest detail. You can not limit yourself by the color palette. experiments will not lead to bad, but often in such cases they take the basic color palette.
How to cut linoleum in an apartment: along the walls, under the baseboard, under the pipe and in the corners
The almost widespread use of linoleum in an apartment and a house is explained by ease of maintenance, a large assortment of colors and textures, and an affordable cost. This popular floor covering can also be installed on top of the adhesive mixture and left completely unsecured. One of the advantages of this material is the ability to cover the floor without the involvement of specialists. Cutting linoleum at home is not so difficult, but it is important to know how to do it, which tool is better to use.
How to cut linoleum under the toilet
Instructions for trimming the finish on the floor under the toilet:
- Place the toilet (without cistern) on the floor, only without the cuff and sealant. This is necessary to make the markings on the linoleum. Using a marker, outline the contour of the toilet bowl sole, and then remove it.
- Use a construction knife to cut out linoleum according to the markings. Replace the toilet and secure with fasteners.
How to cut linoleum exactly
In order to cut linoleum according to the size of the room without any difficulties, and the cut turned out to be even, you need to familiarize yourself with some of the intricacies of this class of flooring. PVC is a fairly durable product, but if there are sharp depressions or small cuts on the edge of the sheet in the direction of the main part, there is a high probability of rapid damage to the material. Therefore, you need to work very carefully, making an even cutting of the canvas.
Considering that PVC linoleum is easy to cut with a well-sharpened tool, all accidental movements should be excluded. Otherwise, it can provoke a deviation from the given direction. It is possible to avoid such troubles by using a template or a long ruler for cutting.
Canvases with uneven edges prevent the seam from being invisible
Since the method of cold chemical welding is used to join two canvases, they must be cut with maximum accuracy. Thanks to this, it will be possible to exclude pronounced seams, which greatly spoil the appearance of the entire floor. Before starting cutting the linoleum sheet, it is imperative to check all measurements, the quality of the sharpness of the cutting element.
The algorithm of work on a section of coverage along the entire length or width provides for the following actions:
- Mark the line on the inside or outside of the canvas, which will serve as a guide for cutting.
- Attach a long ruler to this mowing line.
- Cut off the sheet with a sharp knife.
How to cut linoleum under a baseboard
The technology for trimming the flooring is similar to the previous one, it involves the following actions:
- Lay linoleum in the room.
- Press it firmly to the floor, and stepping back 1 cm from the wall, cut off the excess.
If the coating is cut close to the wall, then in summer at high temperatures a roller will appear near the baseboards, which will be very noticeable.
What is linoleum cut
There is a huge selection of construction tools for cutting flooring. special knives that have a number of advantages:
- they work equally effectively with linoleum, which is either in a vertical or horizontal position;
- no difficulty in replacing blades;
- the ability to obtain the most even cut;
- high strength characteristics of the blade;
- high-quality blade fixation system;
- there are devices with rubberized pads on the handles (anti-slip).
It is best to cut linoleum at home by using one of the following types of special tools:
- Construction knife. The model is a retractable design, where it is possible to quickly replace the cutting blade. Thanks to the perfect sharpening, working with linoleum is quite easy. In general, the device is very similar to a stationery retractable knife, only more improved and adapted for cutting flooring. It can be classified as universal; it is also used to fit a thin-layer material and a thicker coating. The main thing is to follow the progress of the cutting blade.
- Knife for cutting linoleum. This version of the tool is distinguished by a curved or hook-shaped blade shape. This feature of the cutting element makes it possible to easily cut any floor covering, including linoleum. It is good to use it not only for cutting a straight seam, but also for cutting curly details in corner joints.
- Floor cutter. This special tool is available in different designs on the market. The disc version is excellent for cutting linoleum. Fix the canvas in a frame with a handle. A model with a fixed cutting element is also suitable. Such a conventional cutter is easily capable of making a straight edge along the entire length of the material.
How to trim linoleum walls
There are several ways to trim the flooring close to the wall: with a trowel and knife, and with only a sharp tool. The second option is considered faster and more efficient, so you can cut linoleum on a felt basis in this way. For this you need:
- Spread linoleum in the room and let it “lie down”.
- Press down the material with your fingers and, stepping back 1.2 cm from the crease, start cutting at an angle of 45 degrees.
Features of trimming linoleum
To properly cut linoleum during installation, you need to use a special tool that allows you to make an accurate and clear cut. A regular kitchen knife will not work here. The best option is to use a tool for a specific type of flooring. You should choose a special device taking into account the thickness of the linoleum, density indicators. For these purposes, it is effective to use an office or construction retractable knife, or one that is designed for working with floor coverings.
When cutting linoleum, it is important to follow the technology and use a sharp knife
If you need to cut linoleum at home, then in order to obtain a positive result, you need to follow certain recommendations:
- When cutting the flooring, move gradually, making small cuts. But first you need to make a mark on the inside.
- For work with internal corners, linoleum is cut in a V-shape.
- When laying linoleum with a pattern, the material must be laid face up in order to make the markup without distorting the picture. If mistakes are made when cutting linoleum, then it will no longer be possible to correct them.
For a correct fit, two strips of flooring are superimposed on each other to create an overlap. It is recommended to cut them together. This method is effective, but requires some effort and a sharp knife.
The final trimming of the linoleum should be done with a hook-shaped blade, and the marking should be done with a trapezoidal one. It is necessary to adjust the floor covering to the wall only after the end of the main work with it. To properly cut linoleum on the floor and prevent a gap between it and the wall, you must use a wall marker, a metal ruler.