How to use a demolition air hammer. Unlimited striker capabilities
Design and operating principle of a demolition hammer
Operating principle: energy from engine or compressor is applied to the striker. The latter, in turn, pushes the spade, which performs the percussive motion.
The main characteristics of bumpers include the force of the blows, their number and power. And the power of equipment depends on the breadth of its application. The power level of a hammer for a high quality job must vary from 3 to 60 Joules. However, some models can be equipped with a high impact frequency at a low impact force. If you wish, it is not difficult to match both characteristics to the specific type of tasks.
The principle of the tool is simple. The hammer drive activates the hammer, which is located in the inner part of the body. This in turn sends mechanical signals to the chisel. This sets in motion the striking part. and its speed can reach up to 1.5,000 strokes per minute. Active operation of the device contributes to the rapid breakdown of the material being worked.
Instructions for use of the IP-4613MO air hammer and its modifications
Preparing the pneumatic hammer for operation
- To prepare the pneumatic hammer for operation:
Preparing Your Jack Hammer for Use
- unscrew the end spring;
- remove the plug 28 from the barrel;
- wipe the shank of the working tool and insert it into the end spring and then into the barrel;
- Screw the end spring onto the barrel;
- screw the coupling nut on the socket as far as it will go;
- remove the plug 22 from the nipple and fill it with 30 g. kerosene by pre-pressing the handle;
- Select the correct hose diameter, blow on the hose, place it on the nipple and fasten it;
- connect the air supply hose to the line;
- open the valve and operate the hammer by pushing on the handle for 1-2 minutes;
- turn off the air supply from the line with the valve and disconnect the hose from the hammer by unscrewing the coupling nut from the connector;
- Fill the nipple with grease according to the table below.3;
- connect the hose to the hammer by screwing the union nut on the connector until it stops.
- place the hammer with the working tool on the object to be treated and put it into operation.
- If the working tool is jammed in the material to be broken up, do not use force on the hammer that will cause the end spring to stretch. If the spring is tensioned for this reason the hammer is not accepted for warranty repair.
During work with the pneumatic demolition hammer you must:
- Ensure proper use of your equipment (according to manuals).
- Ensure proper supply and pressure of incoming compressed air. (Better yet, if you are using equipment purchased from an authorized dealer such as Promcompressor).
- Avoid idle running of the pneumatic demolition hammer.
- Avoid mechanical abuse of the air hammer.
- Regularly assess the condition of the hammer air supply hose.
- Lubricate the hammer 2/3 times during the shift.
- Clean the pickhammer.
- Store the breaker in a designated location.
- If you observe any irregularities while working with the pneumatic demolition hammer, be sure to notify your work supervisor.
- Store clothing and protective equipment in a designated storage area.
Promkompressor” LLC presents a wide range of pneumatic demolition hammers. High efficiency, ease of operation and attractive prices. it is profitable to work with us!
Types of demolition hammers by the type of drive used
A demolition hammer is such a popular type of tool that it is available in different versions according to the type of the used drive devices. There are the following main varieties of them:
- Electric demolition hammer is the most popular type of tool, which is practically indispensable on construction sites. The important limitation to its use is the high humidity of the room, which increases the probability of electric shock. The only important disadvantage of electric bumpers is that they are tied to the electric grid.
These are the main varieties of demolition hammers that are produced by tool manufacturers. Among all the listed types, electric and pneumatic models are especially popular. Gasoline units are more expensive, so they are less in demand than the previous types. Hydraulically driven tools are used only at specialized facilities.
Choice and Operation of Domestic Pneumatic Tools
The main characteristics of a demolition hammer are the frequency of blows per second and impact energy (measured in joules). The tool resource is directly dependent on its correct operation.
Such pneumatic tools must be operated at a pressure not exceeding 5 atmospheres or 0.5 MPa.
This is the maximum pressure allowed by the manufacturer and the values of energy and frequency of blows indicated in the hammer passport correspond to this value.
Many consumers, in order to increase the efficiency of a demolition hammer, increase the pressure up to 7-8 atm.
It is categorically not recommended to do this because the tool is under severe strain as a result of the reverse blows of the hammer on the barrel.
Compared to normal operation, the load is more than halved and the service life of the air tool is therefore also reduced by the same amount.
The maximum energy, and hence the destructive effect on the tool, have the first few blows after switching on. Long hoses rectify the situation to some extent if the compressor is properly adjusted.
Given that a 50-meter hose with a diameter of 16 mm provides a pressure drop of about 0.3-0.4 atm., For the given hose length (50 m or less), the compressor must be set to 5.5 bar. If the hose length is 50-100 m, the pressure should not exceed 6.0 atm. This will protect the tool from premature breakdowns.
What to do in case of freezing
Frostbite of the jackhammer occurs in autumn and winter when the atmospheric air temperature is below 5 ° C. This phenomenon is caused by excessive moisture in the compressed air. Air expands sharply at the exhaust from the hammer while the temperature drops sharply.
If even the ambient temperature is 10°C., at the exhaust will be.24°С. Moisture, which is present in small quantities in compressed air, freezes and collects in the valve housing and barrel ducts.
Thus, the gaps between the parts of the product become blocked with ice and the tool does not work.
To thaw the hammer, it should be placed in a warm place for a while. You could make a compartment near the diesel compressor exhaust pipe for this purpose and heat it there, as many customers do.
To prevent the barrel of the hammer from cracking and deforming from thermal stresses, under no circumstances keep it in the fire or use a gas burner or blowtorch for heating.
Also in case of freezing you can generously lubricate the tool with diesel fuel, which will make the structure of ice more friable. Such ice will be removed from the hammer with the air jet.
When selecting a jackhammer, keep in mind that some models are more resistant to frost, including:
MOP and IP-4613 hammers have large sections between the barrel and the casing, where the airflow rate is slower and the temperature does not drop as low. The MO-2K is frost-resistant for two reasons.
First of all, it only consumes a small amount of air, only 1.1 m3/min.
Secondly, there is a massive spool valve in the MO-2K design, which, during operation, is thrown over by increasing air pressure and scrapes ice particles in the valve box.
Demolition hammers and concrete breakers. connection to the compressor
When choosing a compressor one should take into account that the number of hammers that can be connected to it depends on its capacity.
Usually manufacturers specify how many hammers the compressor is designed for.
If this is not known for some reason, it should be based on the compressor capacity in m3/min as well as the air consumption and impact power of the demolition breakers (see also: compressor capacity in m3/min). table).
|Impact power and air consumption of the domestic demolition hammers at 5 atm.|
|IP 4613 MO||960-990 W||1,8-2 m³/min|
|MO-2B; MO-ZB; MO-4B||920-960 W||1.6-1.8 m³/min|
|MOP-2; MOP-3; MOP-4||890-930 W||1,6-1,7 m³/min|
|MO-2M||810-830 W||1,5 m³/min|
|MO-2K||700 W||1,1 m³/min|
The capacity of the most common domestic reciprocating compressor PKSD-5.25 is 5.25 m³/min, therefore, only three hammers (or four hammers MO-2K) can be connected to it.
If a fourth hammer with a higher air flow, such as the MO-2B, is connected, each tool will be short of air, and the pressure created by the compressor will drop as a consequence.
How much depends on total air consumption.
For example, if there is not enough air at 0.4 m³/min, the pressure drops to 4 atm. In this case, the total capacity of the hammers connected is less than if there were three of them and the compressor is working with a strong overload at this time.
Mobile compressors with a receiver
When choosing a small capacity electric compressor, preference should be given to models with an air receiver, which helps improve the work of the hammer. Otherwise, when connected to a mobile compressor, the air hammer does not get the necessary amount of air, respectively, the compressed air pressure is reduced:
- Compressors with 0,5 m3/min capacity (K-24 and K-25): pressure is reduced to 2,5 atm.
- Compressors with a capacity of 0, 63 m3/min (K-5 and K-6): pressure is reduced to 3,0 atm.
- Compressors with a capacity of 1.0 m3/min (K-6 and K-31): pressure reduced to 4.0 bar.
Receiver allows you to work at higher pressure, but you need to choose a receiver with a large volume (100-200 liters). and more). A compressor should not be set at more than 5 atmospheres.
, otherwise a high shock load will be created, causing the hammers and picks to fail quickly.
Electric portable compressors with low capacity are best suited to work with the MO-1B and MO-2K demolition hammers.
Possible breakdowns of the device
Characteristic breakdowns of jackhammers are as follows:
- failure of the nozzle clamping device;
- Failure of glands, possible damage of o-rings;
- damage to the piston group;
- Failure of the shock mechanism;
- Wear of the bearings;
- Failure of motor windings due to burnout;
- Breakage of the control electronics due to a breakage of their components;
- Breakage of the tool body, resulting in the inability to crank;
- damage to the power cable.
the hammer may fail due to water ingress and solidification in the barrel channels.
If a weak single blow has a lower than usual number of blows, it means that not enough compressed air is being supplied. Reasons. long hose length, incorrect or insufficient cross-section. The sleeve can become clogged because the rubber has delaminated or the lubricant is too thick.
If, however, the number of impacts is higher than normal per unit of time, the problem may be a loose fit of the distribution valve to the barrel face. Entry of foreign particles between mating surfaces of the barrel end and valve cover. another cause of failure.
0.2. Developer of the document: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
0.3. Document approved by: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
0.4. This document is periodically checked at intervals not to exceed 3 years.
1.1. The position of “Hammer Blaster, 6th Degree” is in the “Workers” category.
1.2. Qualification requirements. complete or basic general secondary education. Vocational education. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. At least 2 years of experience as a 5th category miner.
Knows and applies in his work:. the properties of the lateral rocks and the structure of the formation: cleavage, fracturing, squeezing coal, the presence of rock layers and false roofs, the presence of hard inclusions, the propensity for sudden emissions and rock bumps;. the device and rules of operation of hammers, coal duster, the problems that occur in their work, and how to eliminate them;. ways of excavating the coal;. types and methods of anchoring the face;. Passport of anchoring and roofing control;
1.4. is appointed and dismissed by the order of the organization (enterprise/institution).
1.5. Reports directly to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
1.6. supervises the work _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
1.7. During absence, is replaced by a duly appointed person, who acquires the appropriate rights and is responsible for the proper performance of the duties assigned to him.
Characteristics of work, tasks and job duties
2.1. Performs excavation of coal with a demolition hammer in the mining faces and during the preparation of heathers, furnaces, openings, drifts on the seams of steep and abruptly sloping drop; arrangement of slabs and platforms; cutting, cutting of “angles” with a demolition hammer or coal saw.
Powerhouse Demolition Hammer PH-95LHD
2.2. Carries out anchoring the face according to the certificate of anchoring; blowing and connecting the hose to the jackhammer, breaking up large lumps of coal and rock, skipping coal and rock within the workplace; replacement of spades and cutters, flexible hoses.
2.3. Detects and troubleshoots malfunctions of jackhammer, coal saw.
2.4. Knows, understands, and applies current regulatory documents related to his work.
2.5. Knows and complies with the requirements of occupational and environmental safety regulations, and observes standards, methods and techniques for safe work performance.
The 6-th level breaker has the right to:
3.1. Take action to prevent and correct any irregularities or inconsistencies.
3.2. Receive all social guarantees stipulated by the legislation.
3.3. Demand assistance in the performance of their official duties and the exercise of their rights.
3.4. Require the creation of organizational and technical conditions necessary for the performance of job duties and the provision of the necessary equipment and supplies.
3.5. To get acquainted with drafts of documents related to his activity.
3.6. Request and obtain documents, materials and information necessary to perform his/her job duties and instructions.
3.7. To improve his professional qualification.
3.8. Report all violations and discrepancies discovered in the course of your activities and make suggestions for correcting them.
3.9. To be familiar with the documents defining the rights and duties of the position, the criteria for assessing the quality of job performance.
The 6th category jackhammer hammer operator is responsible for:
4.1. Failure to perform or untimely performance of duties imposed by this job description and/or failure to exercise authority.
4.2. Failure to comply with the internal labor regulations, labor protection, occupational safety, industrial sanitation and fire protection.
4.3. Disclosure of information about the organization (enterprise/institution) related to trade secrets.
4.4. Failure to fulfill or improper fulfillment of the requirements of internal regulatory documents of the organization (enterprise/institution) and lawful orders of management.
4.5. Violations committed in the course of his/her activities, within the limits established by applicable administrative, criminal, and civil laws.
4.6. Material damage to the organization (enterprise/institution) within the limits established by the administrative, criminal and civil legislation in force.
4.7. Misuse of authority granted, as well as use of it for personal purposes.
0.2. The developer of the document: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
0.3. Document of the node: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
0.4. Periodic review of this document is performed at an interval not exceeding 3 years.
1.1. The position “Worker on the 6th power hammers” falls into the category of “Workers.
1.2. Qualification requirements. full or basic general secondary education. Professional and technical education. Raising the qualification. Length of service in the profession of a cleaner of the 5th category, not less than 2 years.
Knows and uses in their work:. Side properties and layer structure: clivage, fracturing, vidzhimannya coal, the presence of rock voids and mismatched coating, the presence of solid particles, the knack for raptovyhvyh throws and mining knocks;. the construction and the rules of operation of the hammer, power saws, the malfunctions that occur in their work, and the ways of removing them;. the ways of extracting coal;. the types and ways of bonding;. the certificate of bonding and control of the cover;
1.4. Appointed to the position and dismissed from the position by order of the organization.
1.5. Ordered directly _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
1.7. During the period of absence, is replaced by a person appointed in accordance with the established procedure, who acquires the rights and is responsible for the proper performance of the duties imposed on him.
REFINITION OF THE BREAKFAST
The list of the main parts and assembly units included in the hammer is given in table 1.
|1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11.||Valve casing Valve seat Lid Pin Belleville spring Valve||1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1||12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21.||Retaining ring Striker Lock washer Gland washer End spring Nipple Sleeve nut Locking pin Sleeve Silencer||1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1|
Safety while working with the sledgehammer
The article describes in detail the rules of working with a demolition hammer, according to safety regulations. The main functions and features of the tool are shown. Contains information about the functions of the tool and its features of use according to the work regulations.
Functional features of a jackhammer
Demolition hammer is characterized by multifunctionality, it is mainly used in road repair and construction works. Indispensable device when dismantling concrete, brick and metal structures, when loosening asphalt and concrete pavement and frozen ground.
The machine is notable for its high power and performance. Its power is determined by the number of blows the tool produces in one minute.
The main executing body of the tool is the hammer, which is set in motion by the striker.
The chisel performs reciprocating movements under the mechanical action of the striker, which results in deformation and complete destruction of the working surface.
Safety precautions when working with a chipping hammer
Because of the vibration power and brute energy the breaker delivers, the operator must be careful when using the breaker. The use of protective equipment is mandatory. Safety precautions are subject to the following rules:
- Work with a demolition hammer must only be carried out after receiving special training and instruction.
- The working tool should be checked for integrity and function before use. Thoroughly inspect the screws for tightness and assess the chisel strength. If the tool has not been used for a long time, let it run idle for a few minutes.
- It is forbidden to carry out any work with the tool without using special protective equipment. Operator must wear helmet and protective suit, which is an extension of anti-vibration gloves and special safety shoes. Safety glasses, earplugs, and a respirator are mandatory.
- Hold the deflector firmly with both hands when in use. Only apply light pressure to the work surface when necessary.
- The deflector must be inserted at a right angle into the material to be cut. It is not safe to break the working surface with a jackhammer at an incline, in most cases improper work results in serious injuries.
Warning! When in use hold the tool by the insulated grips only. The insulated handles should protect the operator from electric shock in the event of a piercing.
- When working with solid or hard pieces of material the electric demolition breaker should be used with due consideration of special techniques. When breaking hard monolithic rock, start from one edge and move smoothly till the end along the chipping line. If the pick of the hammer is stuck in the material, you must pull it out by gentle rocking of the tool.
- When finished, release the trigger and hold the breaker against the work surface until it stops. To avoid burns and injury, it is forbidden to touch the working surfaces.
- It is strictly forbidden to point the operating unit at a person in the vicinity.
- It is not advisable to use the tool without load or as a crowbar while it is asleep.
- It is forbidden to use the tool for more than 6 hours. The optimum mode of operation is 1 hour of work and 20 minutes of rest.
Electric chipping hammer and peak varieties
For small amounts of work, it is more convenient and profitable to use electric breakers. Electric demolition hammers do not produce high vibration energy, excessive noise and dust.
The electric tool can be equipped with various types of picks. Each spade has its own purpose for performing a specific task.
- Pick breaker. This type of chisel is designed for demolition of brick, concrete, asphalt surfaces. Easily handles loosening frozen ground and crushing rocks.
- Spade Pick. Used for leveling the edge of asphalt surfaces.
- Chisel. Primarily used for chipping, crushing and piercing any material.
The weight and dimensions of an electric hammer are of particular importance. Lightweight bumpers up to 6 kg are used for finishing work. Convenient to use when working at heights.
Breakers weighing up to 10 kg are used for breaking a horizontal working surface. Widely used for chipping scale and breaking through horizontal concrete surfaces.
Important! When working vertically it is recommended to use a whipstock with a T-handle, when working horizontally the tool with a D-handle is the right choice.
Heavy-duty breakers up to 30 kg are used mainly for piercing and crushing ground and foundation surfaces.
When working with the sander, you should strictly follow all safety requirements. Following the above rules will help to avoid premature failure of the tool and injuries during work.