Trimmer Warms Up
The main malfunctions car clutch and ways their elimination
Good afternoon, today we will find out what is called a car clutch, what malfunctions often.
Quick start. Place the tool so that air filter was at the top. This trim position ensures that the fuel mixture hits the bottom of the carburetor.
If you remove the air filter before starting and pour a few drops of the fuel mixture directly into the carburetor, then reinstall the filter and cover, then most likely the engine will start on the first try. If that doesn’t help, the problem may be the spark plug. Possible malfunctions of lawn mowers and how to fix them and much more you can.
Then you need to unscrew it, check its performance and dry the combustion chamber. A non-working plug can be easily replaced with a new one. But, if the candle is in order, the filters are clean, the fuel is fresh, and the scythe still does not start, then you can try to close the air damper, pull the starter once, then open and pull the starter handle several more times.
Replacing the spark plug. Replacement should be done when the engine has cooled down. To do this, disconnect the wire from the spark plug and unscrew it. The plug needs to be replaced if it is heavily soiled or has cracks in the body. Please note that the gap between the electrodes should be 0.6 mm. A new spark plug is inserted into the engine and tightened with a wrench, then the high-voltage wire is connected.
Engine stalls after starting. Most likely, the carburetor is incorrectly adjusted, or it is misaligned. That the reason for this can be understood by the vibration during operation. You can adjust the carburetor yourself by following the operating instructions.
The trimmer can also stall if the fuel valve is clogged. Trimmer malfunctions and their elimination | page 27. Then it just clears. If the engine stalls abruptly, the fuel supply to the carburetor may be difficult. Need to loosen carburetor valves.
), it must be replaced.
Cleaning and storage. The cylinder fins and channels in the gas trimmer housing must be clean, otherwise it is fraught with engine overheating. Allow the engine to cool before cleaning. The outer surface is cleaned with a brush.
Plastic parts can be cleaned with kerosene and other solvents or special products. For long-term storage, the entire mixture is drained from the fuel tank, then the engine is started to use up the remaining fuel in the carburetor.
Store the instrument only in a clean state.
If a do it yourself it was not possible to make repairs, it is worth evaluating which is more expedient, contacting the service or purchasing a new trimmer.
Possible trimmer malfunctions and how to fix them
Breakdown Causes of trimmer malfunction Solutions Problem when starting the engine. The engine start button is in the OFF position; out of gasoline; the old settled fuel mixture is poured; damaged spark plug. Turn the switch to the ON position; pour gasoline; empty the fuel tank and fill in a new clean mixture; if the spark plug is contaminated with oil deposits, clean it; if damaged, replace it. Unstable engine idling, air filter dirty; filled with old fuel mixture. Clean or replace the filter; drain the old mixture and fill in the new one. The engine does not develop the required speed; the engine is clogged with foreign debris; the air filter is dirty. Stop the engine and clean it from debris; clean the filter or replace it. The sound of metal striking is heard; the engine is overheated; fuel is not suitable. Try not to use the tool for wear, turn it on for the time specified in the instructions; replace gasoline with a new and clean one. A knock is heard in the engine, it is possible that the piston, piston ring is faulty, the cylinder or the crankshaft bearing is worn out. Replace the defective part. An abrupt stop of the engine during operation, the fuel in the fuel tank has run out; the spark plug is dirty, resulting in a short circuit; the wire is disconnected. Pour gasoline; clean or replace the candle; connect wire.
Off-season petrol trimmer storage tips
When storing the trimmer, it is worth filling the gearbox with enough oil. Then you need to clean the air filter, partially disassemble, blow out and rinse the engine of the unit. After drying all mechanisms, you should lubricate the moving elements.
To process the piston system with oils, you must first remove the spark plug. Why won’t it start if the trimmer gets very hot and the electric trimmer vibrates.
If you store petrol trimmer in the off-season it is planned not in the house, it is recommended to tightly wrap the engine of the unit with an oiled rag. This will avoid the development of corrosion on the surface of important parts of the mechanism.
Why the chainsaw does not work: possible causes of malfunctions and how to fix them, photo
The chainsaw is a worthy replacement for hand saws and axes. Today, this tool is available in almost every household, it is indispensable for arranging a personal plot, construction and repair work.
Intensive use and improper care of the tool can lead to premature failure.
However, the owner of the chainsaw does not have to immediately contact the workshop, many of the malfunctions that can happen to her during operation, it is quite possible to fix it yourself.
It should be noted that it does not differ in particular complexity, since it includes:
- Engine (two-stroke gasoline);
- Functional part (saw bar and chain);
- Systems that ensure the joint operation of these two units (ignition, filtration, lubrication, etc.), that is, the tool as a whole.
In order to simplify the diagnosis of faults, it is customary to distinguish them into two main categories:
- Engine malfunctions;
- Malfunctions of other parts of the chainsaw.
The most common malfunctions occur in engine systems, however, the rest of the tool, due to intensive use or improper care, can fail at any time. How to determine exactly where the breakdown occurred? Simple logic will help us with this.
If the problem is in the engine, it will:
- Do not start;
- Work unstable;
- Develop insufficient power.
What is the result
In view of the above, it becomes clear that if everything is in order with the engine mountings, then the vibrations of the power unit at startup may indicate problems with the ignition system, power system or electronic engine control system.
We also add that many owners are faced with increased vibrations after unprofessional installation and tuning of LPG (for example, when the system immediately supplies gas to a cold engine without starting the engine on gasoline, etc.).
Finally, we note that the cause of increased vibrations in some cases may be a gearbox or engine attachments. The fact is that faults in the field of drive elements can cause a certain imbalance.
For this reason, in order to determine the cause of vibrations, it is recommended to carry out a full comprehensive diagnostics of not only the engine and its systems, but also the attachments.
Vibration of the engine at idle, cold or warm engine: possible causes
Immediately, we note that there are many reasons for the appearance of internal combustion engine vibration, ranging from torn cushions (supports) of the engine and ending with misfire and tripping of the power unit. For a more accurate definition, first of all, you should pay attention to one or the other symptoms.
The fact is that vibration can be either constant (regardless of heating and loads on the unit), or manifest itself in a certain operating mode (idle or high speed, cold or hot). Engine vibration can also appear on a cold internal combustion engine, but as it warms up, it completely disappears. Let’s figure it out.
- For example, if the engine has recently been disassembled for repair (possibly overhaul), then there is a high probability that the crankshaft was not properly balanced after reassembly. The result is beating and increased vibration.
- We also note that after repairing the motor, different weights, which the parts of the cylinder-piston group have, can lead to imbalance and vibrations. The greater the difference in weight, the stronger the vibration will be. For this reason, experienced craftsmen weigh pistons, fingers, etc. Before assembly.
- Often the cause of vibrations is that the engine is troit, that is, one or more cylinders for some reason do not work or malfunction. As a rule, the elimination of the cause of triple formation automatically excludes the presence of vibrations of the power plant.
- Do not forget that a timing belt or chain that is incorrectly aligned with the marks also causes vibrations. Cause. The engine is unstable due to a violation of the valve timing.
- Many motors have special balancing shafts in their design, which are necessary in order to dampen vibrations. It is quite obvious that problems with these shafts will lead to increased vibration of the motor.
Engine mounts are one of the most common causes of engine vibrations. In fact, this is a damper made of rubber on many cars to absorb vibration. As you know, over time, rubber dries up and cracks, loses its properties as a result of the ingress of technical fluids, etc. The main thing is that an engine with a damaged cushion cannot run smoothly.
- If you have recently moved from one car to another, it should be borne in mind that different engines may differ in vibration load. The number of cylinders, layout and a number of other features affect the vibration level. In simple terms, a conventional 6-cylinder in-line engine can operate with less vibration than a 4-cylinder and, moreover, a 3-cylinder engine. At the same time, in this case, we are not talking about malfunctions, since for a particular internal combustion engine a certain level of vibration can be considered the norm.
- In addition, to reduce vibrations, there is a so-called torsional vibration damper on the crankshaft of many engines. If there is a problem with the element, the motor will begin to vibrate more.
As you can see, at the initial stage, it is important to accurately determine the cause of the vibration amplification. For example, in most cases it is sufficient to replace the engine mount or to solve the problem on which the engine troit. However, it also happens that the power unit itself needs to be disassembled and repaired.
This filter cleans the fuel from possible contamination. If it is clogged, then gasoline does not enter the cylinder, and, accordingly, the unit does not work or stalls after starting. The fuel filter is located at the end of the intake hose, which is inside the fuel tank. To get to the filter, you need to remove the plug with the tubes coming out of it.
When removing the plug, the suction hose may come off and remain in the reservoir. It is removed with tweezers.
Next, remove the old fuel filter from the hose and put the new one purchased in advance on it. You can also clean your fuel filter if you don’t have a new one. The filter must be secured to the hose with a spring clip.
Install the intake tube on the plug and insert the last into the tank.
The reason that the trimmer has significantly lost power, and when trying to increase engine speed, it picks up slowly, is often a clogged exhaust channel through which exhaust gases come out of the combustion chamber.
It is necessary to remove the muffler so that no fumes get inside the cylinder. Next, clean the exhaust channel from carbon deposits.
After this procedure, the weak power of the unit and a slow increase in the speed of rotation of the mowing head will no longer upset you.
Malfunctioning electrical trimmers
Since the device of an electric mower is much simpler than a motor trimmer, there are few reasons for its failure.
Basically, the trimmer stops working normally in the following cases:
- Electrical cable malfunction;
- The control button is faulty;
- Burned out motor stator winding;
- Breakage of contact connections on the engine.
If the compression is insufficient, then in most cases it will not work to start the engine. You can use a car compression gauge to check compression.
- Unscrew the spark plug from the engine cylinder.
- Screw the compression gauge in its place.
- Begin to pull on the starting cord as you would when starting lawn mowers. Do this until the arrow on the measuring device stops moving upward. This value will show the compression force of this engine.
What compression should be? Normally, the compression should be at least 8 kg / cm 2. Although even at 8 kg / cm 2 some engines do not idle and stall, since the fuel is not pumped up sufficiently. In case your lawn mower does not pump above 8 kg / cm 2, you will have to check the cylinder, piston and rings.
Also, poor compression can be due to a loosely screwed carburetor. Check if it staggers. If so, tighten the hardware that holds it securely. Also, if the carburetor is poorly screwed on, you may notice that gasoline drips during operation.
Breakage of petrol trimmers
Typical breakdowns of a gasoline trimmer, which the owners of this unit most often encounter, are as follows:
- Engine breakdown;
- Carburetor problems;
- Fuel supply problems;
- Muffler malfunction;
- Breakdown of the gearbox;
- The starter has broken;
- Air filter problems;
- Gas tank breather clogged.
Why the gasoline trimmer won’t start
The reasons why the petrol trimmer stopped starting may be different, so a step-by-step diagnosis of the device is required.