Tuck The Line Into The Bosch Trimmer
The process of winding the line on a reel
- After all the preparatory actions, we need to correctly determine how exactly the fishing line will be washed on your device, by turning the lid or in the opposite direction.
- We measure out about 7 mm of cutting material and insert it into the hole of the bobbin with one end. It is worth noting that the line is wound exactly on the style mower model on both sides. The direction of winding the line in such models is indicated on the bobbin itself.
- The line is brought out to about 17 cm freely so that the ends can cut off the weeds. We add that it is not worth winding the line on a reel of great length. Leave about 5 mm from the line to the edge of the bobbin.
- The two ends of the line are inserted into the holes in the bobbin. Both of these ends must be securely attached to the device body.
- The springs extracted from the coil (if any) are inserted in the same way as they were removed, i.e. In the bobbin and the head body itself.
- To determine if you have correctly inserted the line into the trimmer, you need the element itself (bobbin) to be easily inserted into the head body of your device. If necessary, pull the free ends of the line outward. To achieve this, you need to pull the line out of the groove with a sharp movement through the holes in the bobbin.
So, let’s say you figured out how quickly, and most importantly, to correctly wind the line on the Stihl trimmer reel. All you have to do is insert everything correctly into the grooves and fix the main cover on the device. Then you can press on the bobbins themselves and make counterclockwise movements until you feel the stop. If you do not feel the emphasis, then most likely you did not fill the line correctly and you will have to start everything from scratch.
How to thread the line into the Stihl trimmer spool
The trimmer is one of the most common tools that you can use to quickly and easily cut grass, small shrubs, lawn grass and other weeds. It is not a secret for anyone that in order for the mowing of grass to be successful, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
In trimmers, it doesn’t matter what fuel they run on, special cutting attachments (knives, discs) are used, and some trimmers are supplied to the market in the heads of which such a cutting element as a fishing line is installed, and therefore many are wondering how to fill the line into the Stihl trimmer coil if there are no skills as such.
- Cutting attachments in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also cutting elements), but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly thread the cutting element into the Stihl trimmer spool. fishing line.
Preparing the trimmer spool for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. a cover and a spring.
- Whatever company you have a trimmer, the preparation steps are the same for all types. Disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, press until it stops on the latches located on the sides of the head body, and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you cannot do this with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take out the coil from the head.
- In order to choose the right line for your equipment, on the inside of the reel, numbers must be applied, which indicate the thickness and type of acceptable line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did not find any numbers, then the maximum allowable line diameter can be determined by the through hole for inserting the line. The line should run smoothly back and forth.
A couple of tips
If the line was wound correctly by you, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should be automatically pulled out. The line for your mowing device is one of the most important elements, without which the trimmer can lose all its functionality. You can say that the line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying a fishing line, pay attention to its quality first. When purchasing a fishing line of a particular company, be sure to compare it with the quality of the old fishing line.
What can be used instead of fishing line
- If instead of a special cutting element, say a fishing line, you install a metal cable, then your trimmer can “turn” into a real dangerous weapon not only for you and your eyes, but for all the people around you nearby. This is due to the fact that during the trimmer operation, the steel cable will constantly work, which will lead to tangling, and small pieces of it can scatter on all sides with great speed.
- The same can happen if you use copper wire instead of a steel cable, but in this case the pieces of separation from the copper wire will be slightly larger and may cause you even more injury. And if God forbid, you accidentally catch a leg with such a cutting element, then after that a deep cut in soft tissues is 100% guaranteed, and in some cases, all this can lead to amputation of small limbs (fingers) of the legs and even hands. Therefore, our advice to you, do not use any other cutting elements, except for the fishing line, for your own safety and those around you.
How to tuck the line into the trimmer?
In order for the area near the house to always look well-groomed and neat, it must be cut regularly. Fortunately, modern technology allows you to solve this problem without excessive physical effort. Electric trimmers are so easy to operate and maintain that even a teenager can use them to mow. The main thing is to figure out in advance how to fill the line in the trimmer.
How to load the line into the trimmer?
So, our task is to properly load the line into the trimmer. Let’s take a closer look at where to start implementing it and what pitfalls can await us in the process.
Step 1. choosing the line
Step 2. remove the coil from the trimmer
To perform this operation, the trimmer must be disconnected from the mains and turned over with the working head up. The further course of action depends on the trimmer model and the design of the coil itself:
- For small trimmers with a lower engine position, press the keys located on the sides of the coil and remove its upper part from the head;
- On trimmers with a curved bar, we clamp the coil body with one hand, while simultaneously turning the winglet located on the body counterclockwise;
- For trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox, insert a screwdriver into the hole located under the coil, and then turn the coil body counterclockwise.
Step 3. disassemble the coil
After the coil is removed from the head, it must be carefully disassembled. It is better to do this on an already mown area, since there may be a spring inside the coil, which will be quite difficult to find in tall grass. After disassembly, we will have three parts on our hands: the body (top cover), the protective casing and the coil itself.
Step 4. measure the required amount of fishing line
Newbie mowers are usually interested in how many meters of line to wind on the trimmer reel? There are two ways to solve this issue:
- Unwind a skein of line on a flat, dry place and separate half of it.
- Measure 3-4 meters of line from the skein.
In any case, after the end of winding, the turns of the line should be on the body of the reel, without sliding off it. You don’t need to try to wind as much as possible, as the line will unwind poorly and break more often.
Step 5. wind the line onto the reel
How to attach the line to the trimmer depends on the coil design. Consider the option when there is one outlet for the line in the coil body. In this case, we clamp the end of the line in the crevice of the coil, and then we wind the line, trying to lay the turns as tightly as possible. The direction of laying the turns should be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil and is usually indicated on its inner part. After the end of winding on the spool, you must put on a protective casing and bring the end of the line into it
If the reel is designed to work with two tails, then the line must be folded in half and laid in the groove in the center of the reel. Further winding will be carried out along one or two slots, depending on the coil design. The direction of winding must also be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil. At the end of the ponytail, the line will also need to be led out into the holes on the top of the reel.