What Discs For Miter Saw
Saw blades have a number of basic parameters that help you differentiate between them.
- Outer diameter;
- Internal diameter;
- Number of teeth;
- Teeth inclination;
- The shape of the teeth;
- Product thickness.
Outside diameter is usually not a significant indicator for cutting speed. He is responsible for the cutting depth. It can be determined by the inner diameter of the saw cover. A large circle (305-355 mm) is not placed on a product with a smaller casing diameter. (By the way, it is not recommended to remove the protection for safety.) Most often, products with an indicator from 130 to 250 mm are taken for such a saw.
The inner diameter should have the same value with the dimensions of the power shaft on which this product is fixed. If it is larger, then during the operation of the saw, the off-center disc creates large vibrations, which leads to severe wear of the bearings and the shaft itself, as well as breakage of the disc or its teeth. In addition, such a fastening is a gross violation of the work regulations, and is dangerous for humans.
The sawing speed depends on the number of teeth on the disc in direct proportion. In addition, a large number of them gives a smoother and more accurate cut. But there is also a significant drawback of this approach. it is the increased load on the sawing tool engine. There are disks:
- With a large number of teeth (from 80 to 90 pcs.);
- With an average number of them (from 40 to 80 pcs.);
- Small-toothed (up to 40 pcs.).
For a high-quality cut, the inclined angle of the teeth is also very important. It is fixed by the deviation of the cutting edge of the tooth from the radius of the saw blade. This parameter can be:
- Standard (the angle varies in the range of 5-15 degrees);
- Positive (tilt 15-20 degrees);
- Negative (0 to minus 5 degrees).
Finally, the configuration of the prong. Each shape is designed for a specific cut. Therefore, a tooth is distinguished here:
- Flat. cuts longitudinally at high speed;
- Trapezoidal flat (alternation of high trapezoid and low flat teeth). cuts wood, plastic and soft types of metals (aluminum);
- Replaceable (the teeth have an alternate slope to the right and left). helps to cut wood, chipboard and composites cleanly both along and across;
- Combined (one flat cutter follows four replaceable cutters). fully versatile;
- Replaceable with a larger sloped side. used for choppy types of material, as well as for clean cuts at right angles.
As for the thickness of the saw blade itself, the thickness of the cut depends on it. The standard is 3.2 mm. If the indicator is higher, then this will reduce the amount of material, and if it is much less, then this will lead to equipment overload and possible deformation of the disk.
A miter saw is a tool designed to make straight cuts at a given angle. The saw cut angle can be either 90 degrees or 45. Its main advantage is that it copes well with long details and unusual shapes of surfaces. A striking example of these is a plastic floor plinth.
But this tool has other features.
The appearance of this unit resembles a conventional circular saw (circular) mounted on a movable arm. It allows the discs to descend not only vertically, but also at any angle of inclination. This tool can cut various materials:
- Metal (in particular aluminum);
- A rock.
All about miter saw blades
A tool such as a miter saw is not familiar to everyone. Despite the large number of materials that this tool can cut, its main purpose is specific. Therefore, such a saw is often used by professional finishers. At home, it does not become necessary so often. However, when you do not want to overpay for repairs, it makes sense to purchase all the necessary tools to make your work easier.
But in this case, you need not only to understand the principles of working with it, but also to understand the consumable parts of this tool. The main of these parts is the cutting disc.
How to choose the right one?
In modern renovation, most often required miter saw blades for aluminum, plastic and stone. These materials are actively used to create modern decor.
In order to choose a blade for soft metals and polymers, you need to know that there is a difference in sawing a hollow structure or a dense solid. The quality of the cut here mainly depends on the number of teeth. So, to obtain a result close to ideal, with hollow structures, it is better to use discs with a large number of teeth. Dense material is better sawn with a small-toothed nozzle.
An important criterion is the thickness of the disc and the material from which it is made. The best choice is a solid carbide (high carbon) metal cutting attachment. It lasts longer and can be re-sharpened. The same cannot be said for welded teeth.
This quality is inherent mainly in European brands. The cost when choosing an expensive brand name pays off during operation.
If we talk about the angles of inclination, then for soft materials like plastic it should be negative. This results in the cleanest cut possible. The shape of the teeth is quite varied. The universal disk may be the best option. You can never go wrong with him.
A simple alloy of metals is not enough to perform a high-quality cut in stone. Here a harder material is needed, in the role of which is diamond sputtering. In this case, the decisive factor in the selection is the grain size of the abrasive coating. The larger it is, the less beautiful and high-quality the end cut will be. Fine diamond spraying is much more useful and clean. But to prevent overheating of the engine, it is better to choose not the smallest value.
When performing repairs, even at home, the periodic change of materials also requires the replacement of the saw blade. It is not difficult to change it, but it is still worth knowing the correct sequence of actions for your own safety.
You need to start by installing the protective plastic casing (if any) in the upper position. To do this, unscrew the side auxiliary bolt, raise the structure, and then fix it with the same bolt, just in a different position.
Next, take a hexagon, which unscrews the clamping bolt in the center. In this case, on the back of the saw, it is necessary to press the button of the shaft locking mechanism, which is a stopper. It prevents the shaft from moving. Therefore, while holding it, you can press out the central bolt using the hexagon. Then the bolt must be unscrewed (you can use your hands), remove the side stopper (looks like a wide washer) and then the disc.
Installation is carried out upside-down. The disc is put on the shaft, then a lock washer is placed, then the bolt is screwed in by hand until it stops. To clamp the nozzle, you need to press the button, and while holding it, tighten the central bolt to the limit using a hexagon.
For how to sharpen a miter saw blade, see below.
Circular saw blades: the right choice and application
Circular saws are a hand-held tool that can be used to make cross and longitudinal cuts in various materials. The main structural element of such a tool is a metal disc with cutting teeth along the edges.
Scope of use and basic parameters
Circular saws, small and medium in cutting depth, belong to the class of hand-held equipment that has sufficient maneuverability and convenience. At the same time, such circular saws have low power, therefore, they do not differ in high productivity.
Saws with a large cutting depth are more professional equipment, therefore they are used in small enterprises, woodworking workshops.
Circular saws are one of the most popular tools on the market. It is the depth of cut that is the main parameter that people pay attention to when buying a product.
You should never rush to make a choice, the same cutting depth is not an indicator that the selected tool can cope with the task.
The second main indicator is the power of the power unit inside the saw structure. The performance of the product depends on this parameter.
Classification of circulars
All circular saws on the market can be divided according to their purpose.
- Models used for cutting metal. (Also used in miter saws);
- Used for cross-cutting of wood;
- Circular saws for timber rip;
- Models used for cutting panel materials, including laminate.
Any circular saw can belong to models of different cutting depths.
Among the huge assortment offered by manufacturers, four types stand out:
- Small saws with a cutting depth of 4 to 4.6 centimeters;
- Average cutting depth with a distance of 5-5.5 centimeters;
- Large cutting depth from 6.5 to 7 centimeters;
- Professional-grade saws with a cutting depth of 6.5-14 centimeters.
Circular saw blade for wood
This type of product is used when working with lumber or solid wood. They, in turn, also differ, but according to the operations that perform.
Wood blade for circular saw
There are discs of this type for fast cutting of wood. They differ from others in a small number of teeth, which gives a rough cut. There are also products on the market for a clean cut, on the edges of which there are many small teeth and for ripping with large teeth.
If the cut is supposed to be made across the workpiece, then use a disc with fine teeth. There are also universal products, on the edges of which there are both small and large teeth. With their help, you can do any woodwork without changing the tool.
This model is used to work with metal, including pipes, profiles, fittings, and so on. Differ in the type of material they will process.
If a blade is used in a saw design without liquid cooling, then there will be slots in its body, which will compensate for the discharge temperature.
How to make a circular saw blade?
A saw blade is a circular saw attachment that is used to cut workpieces from different materials.
The main material for manufacturing is chrome vanadium steel or high speed steel. Molybdenum and tungsten are added to the metal of the tool, which give the necessary strength. Such discs are marked CV or HSS.
Cut-off for metal
Such a metal is not brittle, but there are also more hard-alloy materials on which the vehicle is marked. than half of these discs are made of chrome vanadium steel, the teeth are made of tungsten carbide.
In the process of manufacturing parts, they are soldered onto the main part of the disk. Such a circular disc will last ten times longer than a regular steel.
There are circular saw blades with diamond segments that are laser welded to the main body.
Such products are distinguished by their high strength and the ability to use them for cutting durable materials, for example, concrete or natural stone.
Different tool models differ in shape, length, angle of inclination and type of tooth setting.
The most commonly used types of teeth are:
- Straight-sided profile
How to choose
Not everyone knows how to choose a product so that it does the job well.
In order to choose the right disk for a circular, it is important to know the basic parameters that will need to be guided in the process of work.
Among the main parameters, we highlight:
- Disc diameter. It can range from 13 to 50 centimeters. The larger the diameter, the larger the workpiece the tool can handle.
- Landing diameter. This size is always indicated in millimeters and the product is selected according to it in accordance with the size of the saw. Among the most popular tools for wood, sizes with an indicator of 16, 20 and 22 millimeters, for an angle grinder 22.2 millimeters, and for end equipment 20, 22, 24 and 30 millimeters.
- The number of segments. It can vary from 10 to 150 pieces. The accuracy of the cut will depend on the number of teeth, the more there are, the better it is.
What you need to know when choosing miter saws
It is better to take on the market products from well-known manufacturers who have already established themselves as consumers. Such equipment will not fail, but their only disadvantage is their cost.
What discs for circular saws are?
In production and in everyday life, discs of different types are used. They differ among themselves not only in the material of manufacture, the position of the teeth, but also in the scope of use.
All products on the market can be divided into 4 types:
Models used when working with bricks, tiles, granite and other hard materials. On the cutting edge of such products there is often a diamond soldering, which allows you to quickly cope with any material density.
When a saw is working with such a tool, it is imperative to take breaks so that the nozzle cools down. Wet saw blades have no teeth and are soldered all over the edge.
Wet saw blade, for marble
The diamond layer can be up to 5.5 millimeters in height. Such rigs are used in the professional field for long-term operation. Cooling occurs due to the supplied liquid.
What are the miter saw blades
Saw blade. “Weapon” your miter saw. And it depends on its quality, efficiency and purpose what kind of material you can work with with your miter saw.
Naturally, the main material for which miter saws are used is wood of various species (soft and hard), as well as wood products. Veneer, plywood, chipboard, etc. However, modern miter saws are increasingly used for processing other materials: plastic, plastics, laminate and even soft metals.
With all the variety of choices, the main characteristics of saw blades intended for use specifically on end saws are the dimensions of the diameters. Landing and external.
The classic rim for most miter saws is 30 mm.
This characteristic varies greatly between saw blade manufacturers. Of course, there are the most common disc sizes. It. 210 mm, 216 mm, 255 mm, 305 mm.
Important! All manufacturers of miter saws describe in the instructions for use of the equipment, which saw blade diameter is standard for a particular saw. Do not risk using discs of non-standard diameter on your trimming! Its mechanism is designed to work with specific disc sizes, and the use of non-standard consumables can provoke strong runout, the appearance of chips and burrs along the mowing line of the cut (which is often mistakenly attributed to the poor quality of the saw blade), curvature of the mowing line of the cut, as well as rapid overheating of the end motor saws. The parameters of the protective cover on the unit are also designed for this, which do not just do not allow the use of enlarged saw blades.
However, there are far more serious and less obvious differences between saw blades from different manufacturers. It. The method of their manufacture, the material of the saw blades, as well as the sharpening and geometric shape of the cutting teeth.
Solid saw blades are not suitable even for semi-professional use. They become blunt faster, require a set of teeth, give a cut of the worst quality. Yes, practically no one produces them.
There is also a way in which discs are made in production. For example, the highest quality discs (consider the example of Bosch) are cut from blanks exclusively using a laser. This allows for the highest possible alignment of the saw blades on the miter saw shaft, as well as the best possible balance of the blades and, accordingly, their increased durability in use. The cutting edges of the discs are also specially processed to increase their service life without the need for additional sharpening.
Thicker teeth withstand side loads better!
The angle of the cutting teeth is specially selected for the material to be cut.
In particular, for cutting metal tiles, plastic and aluminum, saw blades with cutting teeth are used, which have a negative angle of inclination of 5 degrees. Here, it is important that the teeth have different shapes of sharpening: odd. Trapezoidal (for rough sawing), even. Straight (for fine cutting of thin materials). Discs with the above configuration are perfect for, for example, thin laminate sheets. And for thicker ones, you will need discs with teeth of the same shape, but with a positive angle of inclination of about 15 degrees.
For sawing wood and materials containing wood, discs with a positive angle of inclination and one-sided sharpening with alternating direction are required. This is the most versatile type of sharpening, used for fast cutting of wood across and along the grain, cutting multi-layer composite materials or plywood. These blades give clean cuts and sharp edges in wood.
Also, do not forget about the number of teeth on the disc.!
For coarse sawing of construction wood, formwork with adhered residues of concrete, aerated concrete, etc. Saw blades with 12-16 teeth (eg Bosch Construct Wood series) and a special profile with increased resistance to foreign bodies in the wood are required, i.e. Concrete, nails, etc.
For high-speed longitudinal cutting of wood, a saw blade with 20-24 teeth is sufficient. It will effectively remove sawdust and perform well on soft wood.
Blades with 36-48 teeth are better for cross cuts and hardwood and wood-containing materials.
If you are dealing with laminated chipboard, you need even more: 40-64 teeth. The cutting speed will decrease, the load on the saw will increase, but the cutting line will be clean.
Remember: the more teeth a saw blade with carbide teeth has, the higher its cost, because the bulk of the price of a blade is formed just from the amount of carbide taps.
If you have noticed, most of the saw blades from the professional category also “decorated” through point cuts or wavy lines. Such patterns are usually created with high-precision laser and have nothing to do with embellishment. Their functional purpose. Compensate for thermal deformation in hot discs and reduce the noise level emitted by the miter saw during operation.
Still have questions? We have qualified consultants to help you find the perfect tooling for your tool and work purpose. Just call:
The best saw blades with a diameter of 190 mm
Such equipment is used for cutting small wooden materials. boards and beams up to 75 mm high. The small size of the blade allows it to be used on compact hand-held circular saws. Here is a rating of saw blades for wood for a circular saw with such a diameter, which are distinguished by their speed of cut, cleanliness and a thin kerf, and are also suitable for chipboard and MDF.
CMT 272.190.42M (190×30 / 20 / 16×1.7 / 1.1 mm; Z42). Clean thin kerf
For extra thin cuts with a clean edge, thin blades with a large number of teeth are needed. Such equipment is used in furniture production, where accurate precise cuts and rational material consumption are required. But the payment for this is the thin section of the metal, which leads to biting or deformation. This disc should be handled more carefully than others.
CMT 272.190.42M (190×30 / 20 / 16×1.7 / 1.1 mm; Z42). Extra thin disc with a thickness of 1.1 mm. It has 42 teeth and leaves a cut 1.7 mm wide. Manufactured directly in Italy and designed for finishing.
Pluses CMT 272.190.42M (190×30 / 20 / 16×1.7 / 1.1 mm; Z42)
- Suitable for circular saws up to 8000 rpm.
- Very quiet operation.
- With it, it is easy to make longitudinal and transverse cuts in materials of different densities.
- Does not leave lumpy fibers at the edges.
- The price is much higher than analogues.
- Sophisticated sharpening that is not easy to restore at home.
- For installation on some circular saws, adapter rings are needed. those that are included in the kit are thicker than the blade itself, so the latter is not clamped to the end.
- You can’t rush to make a cut, otherwise it will be chipped.
Conclusion. Ideal for a furniture workshop. It will allow you to cut through OSB and similar materials as cleanly and accurately as possible. Eight slots inside the disc ensure good vibration damping and promote quiet operation.
Bosch 2.608.640.633 190×30 mm. Fast cut
When cutting speed is a priority, discs with a small number of teeth are chosen. This design has less resistance to rotation and facilitates faster cutting of the material. But due to the large distance between the cutting elements, the cut sides are rough and they will have to be ground for finishing.
This disc from a German brand has 12 soldered teeth and additional reinforcement on the back. Leaves a cut 2.6 mm wide.
Pros Bosch 2.608.640.633 190×30 mm
- Suitable not only for wood, but also for aerated concrete, cement-based fiber boards.
- Cuts even boards with nails.
- Very low price and trusted brand.
- Interacts with a tool with an output of up to 4900 rpm.
Conclusion. This inexpensive blade comes in handy for fast cutting wood roughing jobs.
Dewalt DT1957 CONSTRUCT (250×30 mm; 48 ATB). Raw wood cut with nails
Sometimes there is a need to use especially durable saw blades that can easily cope with the load and will not lose their sharpness from colliding with nails. A Dewalt DT1957 CONSTRUCT saw blade is well suited for such purposes. It contains 48 teeth with a 10 degree sharpening angle. Has a thick solder on the tips of the teeth, providing a wide cut of 3 mm.
Pluses Dewalt DT1957 CONSTRUCT (250×30 mm; 48 ATB)
- Cuts quickly and without jamming. 80×80 mm timber cuts in 1 second.
- Excellent balancing. almost no vibration is felt despite the tool diameter of 250 mm.
- Keeps sharpening well.
- Due to the thickness of the disc it does not drift to the side.
- On the disc itself, clear instructions for sharpening teeth.
- Four large slots to accommodate thermal expansion.
- Due to the thick cut, there is a lot of dust in the air and a lot of chips are left on the floor.
- A sharpening angle of 10 degrees will have a worse effect on finished products.
- Poor for end cuts when you need to make an exact size, and not just saw a bar in two.
Conclusion. It is not difficult to disassemble building structures with nails remaining in them with such equipment. The owner will be able to work for more than a year without a significant loss of sharpness.
Makita B-04597 (260 mm; 30 mm; Z70). Clean cut
On finishing workpieces used in joinery, it is important to cut the part exactly to size so that no chipping occurs. For this, special saw blades for wood with the number of teeth from 70 pieces are used. This increases the cutting time, but promotes gentle action on the fibers and ensures high cleanliness. The resulting edge does not need to be processed and can be mounted immediately, but the price of such discs is very high.
Makita B-04597. Japanese disc with a diameter of 260 mm with 70 teeth. The cutting part has wide beads and ensures a clean cut thanks to gentle action.
Pros Makita B-04597 (260 mm; 30 mm; Z70)
- Very clean cut. especially on enamelled surfaces.
- Suitable for the most demanding topcoats.
- No ringing noise associated with cheap cutting elements.
- Bending hard steel.
- Extra strong alloy.
- Suitable for any circular with a landing diameter of 30 mm and a rotation speed of up to 3670 rpm.
- Has a decent weight, more than other models.
- Cutting width 2.3 mm can bite the rig with a slight slope.
- It takes time to learn how to saw them without further processing.
Conclusion. It is a good choice for a furniture workshop or other joinery. Low vibration and quiet operation with five expansion slots and five serpentine grooves.
The best saw blades for wood for circular saw
CMT 292.216.64M (216x30x2.8 / 1.8 mm; Z64). Specifically for cross cut
Cross-cutting wood is not easy for every blade. The reason lies in the perpendicular arrangement of the fibers, which creates increased resistance. To understand which saw blade for wood is better in this case, you need to remember that it must have alternately beveled teeth. This provides a soft impact and allows you to cut without severe scoring and chips.
CMT 292.216.64M (216x30x2.8 / 1.8 mm; Z64). Great disc from the brand CMT of Italian origin. Has a diameter of 216 mm and 64 teeth, which are effective especially for cross cuts.
Pluses CMT 292.216.64M (216x30x2.8 / 1.8 mm; Z64)
- Soldering on the teeth facilitates fast cuts even in hardwoods.
- Suitable for all brands of circular saws with a 30 mm seating shaft.
- The soldering lasts a long time despite the intensive use of the circular.
- When sawing down the platband there are no explosions.
- Applied designations for which types of wood it is best suited.
- Four hook cutouts to compensate for expansion.
- Some users received a curved disc (with lateral runout), although there were no signs of damage on the packaging.
- So that there are no chips at all, it is necessary to add a zero liner.
- After it becomes blunt, it is very difficult to sharpen it correctly.
- If used on hard wood, it may burn the butt a little.
Conclusion. An excellent choice for making a large volume of cross cuts, which then do not have to be processed additionally. all ends can be made to size the first time.
The best saw blades with a diameter of 216-260 mm
The accessories for circular saws with a diameter of 216-260 mm are used for sawing boards, panels and large cross-section bars. The maximum workpiece thickness should be slightly less than the disc radius (105-120 mm). But if the cut edge is additionally processed or veneered, then it is allowed to cut through the wooden element from both sides, combining the two cuts, which doubles the maximum thickness indicator. TOP circular saw blades for wood will show which equipment to choose for cutting wood of different moisture content and type of cut.
Inforce 11-01-095 (190×30 / 20 mm; 48 teeth). Clean cut of plywood, chipboard, MDF, wood
MDF, chipboard and plywood are not very dense, but they are able to crumble strongly with the rough impact of the equipment, so the disc should be as sharp as possible and cutting is required at an average speed. This blade has 48 teeth and a thickness of 2 mm, which provides strength and smoothness of the cut.
Pluses of Inforce 11-01-095 (190×30 / 20 mm; 48 teeth)
- There are four heating expansion slots.
- There is an adapter included for installation on saws with a seat of 20 mm in diameter.
- Leaves no chips on chipboard.
- Doesn’t bite into the material.
- Resistant to bending and deformation.
- An adapter for installing a disc on a shaft of a smaller diameter is glued on the back of the tooling. some users are at first afraid that it was not included in the kit.
- The soldering quality of the teeth is uneven.
Conclusion. The model has tungsten carbine solders, so it keeps sharpening for a long time and ensures a clean cut of pressed materials. The disc is optimal in terms of value for money and is suitable for use in a personal carpentry workshop, but not for everyday use.
Miter saw: device, selection principles and discs used for work
Cutting materials for finishing at an angle is a task, it must be said frankly, not an easy one, and almost all people have difficulties with its solution. And at the same time, a large number of finishing materials will require this approach to its own installation, for example, sheathing boards, baseboards, baguettes, as well as metal structures assembled from a pipe with a cross section other than round. In general, there are a lot of such materials, and their diagonal cutting must be solved, sometimes even with very high accuracy. In this article, along with the site stroisovety.Org, we will learn a similar tool, like a miter saw, which makes it possible to cope with the task of diagonal trimming. We will get acquainted with the device of this tool, the evaluation parameters, which will make it possible to purchase a model suitable for work and try to understand the saw blades used with this tool.
Miter saw: device, direction and possibilities
A hand-held miter saw has a narrow direction, and you are unlikely to be able to unfold boards with it. Its tasks are somewhat different. as a rule, it performs only short cuts. With its help, you can cut the board in two, equalize its end, or cut the end of the board at a set angle. This, as a rule, is all that it can, but, believe me, it’s a lot. other sawing equipment copes with these tasks much worse. Oh yes, I completely forgot that apart from wood, depending on the tackle used, the end saw will work with soft metals, plastic and, if necessary, with thin sheet iron, or rather with a profile made from it.
Miter saw capabilities
The multi-purpose miter saw has a rather difficult design. it consists of 2 main units, which are not at all distinguished by their structural simplicity. This is a bed on which a rotary table and a movable cutting head with a powerful electric motor attached to it are fixed.
- Bed with a rotary table. Basically, these two parts cannot be content with one without one. There is a guide on the bed itself, which guarantees a fixed position of the workpiece. The table for the miter saw itself can rotate relative to the guide within 90? (45? One way and 45? In the opposite direction), providing this method with the usual trimming of the workpiece in any direction without reinstalling the part.
- Cutting head. Placed specifically on the turntable. it changes its own location at the same time. For comfort in work, a graduated scale is applied on the side of the rotating table on the bed. by combining the table mark with the set value of degrees, you can make cuts at every angle. And these are just a few. the head itself, or rather its cutting part, can be tilted left and right, thus providing an inclined cut. In many cases, this Tilt is done in one or two fixed positions (30 ° and 45 ° to either side). Also, many models are equipped with a special broaching mechanism. The broach miter saw makes it possible to cut workpieces much wider than its conventional counterpart.
What is the design of the miter saw
Electric Miter Saw: Invisible Moments and Pick Conditions
The question of how to choose a miter saw can be solved by adhering to five small rules.
- First, you have to form with its direction and operating conditions. Why do you need it? What kind of work, and most importantly, in what number did you plan to do it with her help? If, for example, you purchase a miter saw for household use and have not planned to perform difficult operations, then you can completely dispense with a simple tool with a basic set of additional. Functions. If we are talking about the professional use of a miter saw and its everyday use, then, of course, it is necessary to select an extended version of this tool with a full set of additional features. You can consider the option of purchasing a so-called combined face saw, which is equipped with an additional table on top of the cutting head for work, which makes it possible to use it as a stationary circular.
How to choose a miter saw
Naturally, when selecting a side saw, it will not be superfluous to take into account the power of this tool, as well as the rotation speed of the disk. In many cases these values are calculated by the manufacturer and are good. The power of a home tool will be lower than that of a professional one, but the rotational speed of the disk is practically absolutely always the same, which is due to the need to make a clean and even cut.
Miter saw blades: what is the difference between them
There are not very many differences between the discs used on the face saw, and the key ones are the fit and outer diameter, as well as the geometry of the cutting tooth. If the size of the discs is more or less clear (the bore can be either 25mm or 30mm, and their outer diameter is 210, 250 and 305mm), then the geometry of the tooth must be dealt with in detail.
- It is necessary to look at the size of the tooth. the larger it is, the rougher the cut will be. A disc with a large tooth will not work to cleanly cut laminated, varnished or painted workpieces. for this you need to buy a disc with a fine tooth. Also, a small tooth showed itself perfectly when working with an aluminum profile. In general, in this regard, saw blades for a miter saw can be divided into 3 types: for longitudinal cuts, for cross cuts and for fine cuts, which are mainly multifunctional.
- If we are talking about mass production or working with thick workpieces, you need to pay your own attention to the presence of thin slots on the disk. in principle, these are temperature compensators, whose tasks include maintaining a stable disk size when it heats up. Also, these discs are less noisy.
And to sum up, a few words about the firms that make miter saws for wood. Bosch and Makita are favorites for nearly all power tools, and their miter saws are no exception. The instruments of Metabo, Hitachi, DeWalt actually performed well as well. If we talk about our miter saws, then here we can highlight the Corvette tools. In general, there is something to choose from. the main thing is just not to miscalculate the possibilities.
This is usually all that is important to know about a tool like a miter saw. Purchase, use it and do not forget that this tool is quite unsafe. do not forget about safety precautions and during work, be constantly collected to the maximum, and most of all sober!