Which drill bits are good for a rotary hammer?. Making drill holes in wood
Which Hammer Drill Bit is Best? Diablo, Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, Irwin, Makita, Ryobi
There are models with steel cutting edge and carbide-tungsten ones.
Diamond drill bits allow you to work in reinforced concrete and concrete, but are expensive. They have a diameter of 25 to 130 mm and are mostly used by professionals.
Pobedite bits are less expensive, but will not cut through reinforced walls. They are available in diameters from 35 to 120 mm.
Hammer bits are designed to be used in percussive or rotary drilling applications. They are used to drill through hard materials, unreinforced walls or ceilings. In hammerless drilling, diamond bits are often used.
A number of models of crown nozzles has a drill, located strictly in the center, extending beyond the working plane. such a design feature helps to accurately carry out drilling on the marking. The center drill acts as a guide.
The concrete drill bit test
Deficient! This word is practically out of our vocabulary. Now the problem is different: how to choose among many products the best one? Let’s try to find 6 mm diameter concrete augers in a common hardware store, for example. It would seem that it is not the most expensive product, but when buying it, you can think for a long time. How a hammer bit should stand? One is good. Wouldn’t two be better?? How drills can differ? Which one will drill more holes. There is no simple answer to these questions. we need a test!
And here we have before us 7 (or rather. 8) Concrete drill samples from different manufacturers. Why the uncertainty? the reader will ask. This is because the Bosch augers in our test are different. The general rule is. diameter of the holes to be drilled by 6 mm drill bits with 160 mm long threaded part and an SDS chuck shank.
Each drill bit was used to drill 100 holes in unreinforced concrete of M350. Drilling depth 60 mm. Hole spacing at least 40 mm.
Air-cooled operation was used for drilling.
Drilling was carried out with a SPARKY BPR 240E professional drill with SDS chuck in hammer drill mode. Rated impact force 2.3 J.
One tester drilled five consecutive holes while the second tester recorded the operating time.
The results were used to calculate the average drilling time per hole and the average drilling speed.
Bosch concrete drill bit with SDS shank, test
CONSTRUCTION FEATURES: The two drills in Model 1 are different from each other. Both drills have the Bosch marking, but in different ways. The first was stamped, the second by means of electrosparking on the rear part of the drill bit. The first sample has no series marking, the second has the SL4 series marking. The SDS shank is stamped on the drill shanks with the mark of the SDS shank fitment profile and the value of the diameter in millimeters. The second drill bit has the country of origin in Germany.
The shapes of the carbide inserts in Bosch drills are also different. One drill bit has a standard V-shape carbide insert with a 120º angle, the other one has a centering spike.
The threaded bodies of the drills are also different. In the drill bit marked SL4, the helical profile has a double groove with a symmetrical cross section, while in the second drill bit the front wall of the groove has a larger angle than the back one.
RESULTS: After drilling 100 holes, no significant decrease in speed was seen in the Bosch drills. The drill bit with the SL4 marking had an average drilling time of 4.7 seconds, which was the third best result in the group. The second drill bit without any marking has a worse average time of 5.09 s.
The speeds were 12.76 and 11.79 mm/s, respectively.
Bosch carbide inserts in the concrete drill bit with SDS shank
Bosch carbide-coated concrete drill bit plate with SDS shank
“Zubr concrete drill bit with SDS shank, test
CONSTRUCTION FEATURES: Both Zubr drills submitted for the test are identical to each other. On the shank, the name of the Zubr trademark and the value of the diameter in millimeters, as well as the word plus in a circle, are stamped, which, according to the manufacturer, means that the drill has an SDS shank. Carbide insert has a standard V-shape with 120º angle.
Spiral profile has a double groove. The first slot has a sharper backside angle compared to the front. Second groove profile is symmetrical U-shaped.
RESULTS: After drilling 100 holes no significant decrease of Zubr drilling speed was noticed. The average drilling time for the auger turned out to be 5.46 seconds, and the drilling speed was 10.98 mm/s.
Carbide plate of the Zubr carbide-coated concrete drill bit with SDS shank
Turbokeil. concrete drill bit with SDS shank, test
CONSTRUCTION FEATURES: Both Turbokeil concrete drill bits are identical to each other. The drill has a Turbo marking on the shank. Also stamped with the SDS shank profile and the diameter in millimeters and inches. Manufactured in Germany.
V-shaped carbide plate with 120º angle has a centering spike.
The helix has a three-stage profile, but the diameter of the second stage is only 0.3 mm below the third stage. Considering its narrow width (only 1.5 mm), the profile can be considered practically U-shaped.
RESULTS: After drilling 100 holes no significant decrease in speed was noticed in the Turbokeil drill bits. The average drilling time was the shortest in the test, at 4.23 seconds, and the drilling speed was the fastest at 14.17 mm/sec.
Turbokeil carbide-coated concrete drill bit plate with SDS shank
Heller. concrete drill bit with SDS shank, test
CONSTRUCTION FEATURES: Both Heller concrete drills are identical. Drills do not have a manufacturer’s marking on the shank. Forged with SDS shank fitment profile sign and diameter values in millimeters and inches. The country of manufacture is Germany.
Standard V-shaped carbide insert with 120º angle. Standard U-shaped spiral profile.
RESULTS OF TEST: After drilling 100 holes no significant decrease in speed of Heller drills was detected. For the drilling speed in concrete, the second result was obtained: the average speed was 13.53 mm/s. The average drilling time was 4.43 s.
Lubrication features for the torator
The composition of the mixture must be suitable for the conditions in which the power tool in question is used. This is possible provided that the substance has the following characteristics:
- One of the important features of such a mixture is water resistance. The need for it arises during interruptions in the performance of the gator. its temperature drops considerably, resulting in condensation of moisture from the air. If the humidity is high, it can cause moisture to enter the tool and reduce the quality of its work. Water-resistant grease protects the metal and does not emulsify due to being whipped by the moving parts of the tool.
- Resistance to contamination helps to fight the penetration of dust into the tool. During work, the rotary table is always surrounded by tiny particles that break off from the wall as they spin off. If they get inside the mechanism, they can greatly increase friction and raise the temperature of the tool. High-quality grease helps to protect the mechanism against foreign particles.
- This substance should not drip during operation. It is impossible to avoid it completely, because the moving parts squeeze the lubricant out, but their temperature must be high enough. The thicker the compound used, the more resistant it is to heat.
- The grease must not be destroyed by exposure to high temperatures. All of its properties must be restored as soon as it cools down. Grease that is not sufficiently resistant to heat quickly ceases to fulfil its function.
- High adhesion is a must. Since the working parts of the tool are constantly in motion, the grease must not come off when making holes in the wall. If the composition meets this condition, then in the process of work on all the necessary surfaces will remain a sufficient layer of lubricant.
- Rotor components are generally made of alloyed steel or aluminium alloys. Exposure to moisture can lead to corrosion and deposit formation. High-quality grease can reliably prevent this from happening.
A good composition must meet the above requirements, but for this purpose, the master must use the lubricant, which is designed for the servicing of peorators.
Don’t Buy Just a Hammer Drill