White smoke from a trimmer for grass when filling oil. Checking for a cold on a broken engine
Why is my lawn mower smoking?
Why is the lawn mower smoking? Is it dangerous? What are the reasons for this phenomenon? Let’s figure it out. Smoke is an alarming signal. In this article we will find out what can cause this problem. And also lead you through the recovery process for each of the reasons.
The carburetor mixes the air and fuel in an ideal ratio for combustion. If the carburetor does not work properly, this ratio may be wrong.
Too little fuel will damage your engine, too much fuel will create a too rich mixture. Excessive fuel will not fully burn out, which will lead to the accumulation of carbon, which leads to the appearance of black smoke.
You can remove the carburetor, disassemble it, carefully clean and check for damage. If necessary, it should be replaced. Be careful not to damage nozzles during cleaning.
Air filter prevents garbage, such as dirt, dust and grass, in a carburetor and engine. If you do not clean the air filter for too long, it will ultimately block and stop supplying air to the engine.
As we know on the example of a carburetor, a lack of air means too much fuel, which again leads to the appearance of black smoke.
You must check the condition of the air filter at least once a month. The filter should be replaced at least once a year. It is important to use the filter specifically for your lawn mowing model. The wrong size will not filter the garbage properly.
Piston rings form a seal between the piston and the walls of the cylinder. If they wear out or damage, the oil can leak through the rings into the combustion chamber, which will lead to the release of white smoke.
To avoid this, make sure that the air and fuel filters are clean. If they are dirty or completely absent, there will be dirt in the combustion chamber, which will lead to wear of the piston rings and walls of the cylinder.
Do not neglect oil in a lawn mower. Poor oil or low amount of oil cannot be lubricated correctly, which leads to wear of piston rings and cylinders.
CHOT check the oil to prevent wear or jamming of the engine. Oil should be changed after about 50 hours of use. Old, dirty oil contains particles that air or fuel filters cannot capture, and the further use of this oil will lead to the wear of the engine and its various parts.
Replacing damaged piston rings and cylinders. a difficult repair, since to access them the engine must be disassembled. Regular maintenance is much easier than full repairs!
Regular and preventive maintenance is the best way to ensure the effective operation of your external power equipment and serve you for many years. Follow your equipment and you will not have a question, why is my lawn mower smoking? )))
The causes of white smoke from the exhaust pipe of the gasoline engine
The most frequent factors provoking the appearance of white smoke from the exhaust pipe:
A common reason is the condensation of moisture that evaporates. Когда автомобиль не использовался в течение одного-двух дней, в резонаторе и катализаторе появляется вода, оставшаяся с момента последней поездки. As soon as you start the car, the exhaust will heat up, and the condensate will evaporate. After half an hour, the smoke will be transparent after half an hour.
Please note that normal smoke quickly dissipates, without creating a persistent cloud around the machine. If the fog holds, this is a sign of oil combustion in the motor, severe wear of the piston group is possible. In most cases, the problem is eliminated by the installation of new oil.removable caps.
Damage to the gasket installed under the SBC
The smell can indicate specific problems: breaking through the engine laying or damage to the cylinder. To track the situation, control the coolant level on each trip. The punctured gasket of the GBC gives a leak in the system, which is why the antifreeze gets into the Carter pallet.
If you notice the milk fluid flowering, checking the level or draining the oil, then the reason for this in mixing oil with antifreeze.
Antifreeze entering into the collector
The appearance of a white cloud in warm weather confirms the problems with the power knot. Smoke occurs due to the penetration of antifreeze into the oil. Try to bring a clean cloth to the exhaust pipe, and then carefully consider it. If fat spots appear, the reason is in the antifreeze. For complete diagnosis, you need to twist the plug of the expansion tank, start the motor and make sure that oil stains are present on the liquid. Some drivers determine the presence of antifreeze by smell.
A white cloud may be a result of a thermostat breakdown. Pay attention to the condition of the fan and generator, check the tightness of the tubes. If the smoke disappears when warming up on a rainy or frosty day, you do not need to change anything. But if serious problems are found, such as mixing coolant with butter or cracks in parts of the car, they should be eliminated as soon as possible.
Filters and nozzles
The problem can be in dirty filters. In such cases, smoke often acquires a black or blue shade, but it can remain white. Nozzles. an element of a car injection system. also affect the occurrence of a cloud.
Evgeny Ralchenko: “In most cases, the appearance of white smoke is the result of coolant entering the cylinder head and later in the exhaust system. Possible reasons: the gasket of the cylinder block head is broken, a crack in the cylinder sleeve. When white smoke appears, it is necessary in the shortest possible time to contact the official service center for installing and eliminating the reasons for its appearance. “.
The causes of white smoke from the exhaust pipe of the diesel engine
The reasons for the appearance of white smoke in the diesel engine can be:
Moisture in the muffler
If, by the time of starting the motor in the silencer, increased humidity has formed, this is acceptable. Water evaporates when heated, forming white steam. But when the problem did not disappear after warming up, it is likely to get water into the fuel.
Когда стенки цилиндра недостаточно теплые, топливо не будет воспламеняться при запуске. If the car is warmed up, but the problem has not disappeared, the presence of white smoke is a sign of non.taxes of spark plugs, insufficient pressure in the cylinders or breakdowns of plunger steam. one of the main working units of the high.pressure (high.pressure fuel pump).
Antifreeze in the combustion chamber
The problem is fraught with rapid diesel wear. Antifreeze enters the motor due to breakdowns of the gasket of the intake manifold, the cracked cylinder head, the malfunctions of the block itself. An external inspection of an oil probe often reveals a whitish shade due to the formation of an oil emulsion. Other unpleasant signs are the smell of exhaust gas from the expansion tank, the absence of soot and humidity on the spark plug.
What leads to ignoring the problem?
Any conclusions can only be drawn after examining the engine and determining the cause of white smoke from the exhaust pipe.
If the problem leaves after warming up the power node, and the smoke itself appears in the cold, then you can not take special actions. this is ordinary steam.
In the event of a crack in the engine or damage to the gasket, it is necessary to act as soon as possible.
Mixing the coolant with butter turns the composition into a useless emulsion with reduced lubricants.
If nothing is done, then the motor will actually work “dry”, which reduces its resource and can cause the wedge.
In addition, damage inside the engine leads to a drop in coolant level.
If you do not pay attention to the problem, then antifreeze can leave the system. The consequences. overheating of the motor and its failure.
Keep in mind that defects that lead to the appearance of white smoke should be eliminated as quickly as possible.
The main thing is to first find the reason and after that make a decision regarding further actions.
All of the above defects in case of inaction tend to progress.
Each kilometer of the traveled path with a malfunction can cost additional costs to your wallet.
The cause of white smoke in cars with a diesel engine
In the case of diesel cars, white and blue (blue) smoke often belong to the same problem.
For example, if the turbine is damaged, motor oil can enter the inlet tract directly.
In such a situation, the smoke of a red color begins to go from the pipe, which is often taken for white.
To accurately diagnose the shade, just sniff to the exhaust, and everything will become clear. The smell of burned oil cannot be confused with anything.
Perhaps another confusion, which has already been mentioned above.
In this case, ordinary steam is taken for white smoke, which is clearly visible at low temperature.
It is easy to check this. just bring the palm to the output of the exhaust pipe, and it will become wet.
In practice, one of the main causes of white smoke from the exhaust system is the entering the engine (one or more cylinders). By the way, the problem cylinder may not work on the XX, which will prove itself in the motor touch.
The cause of white smoke in diesel cars may be a poor gasket installed in the inlet collector, a crack in the block head, as well as a burnt gasket in the GBC.
If the reason is a crack in the motor, then the fluid level in the expansion tank, as a rule, will not change.
The main malfunctions of electric trimmers
The reasons why the electric lawn mower does not start and does not work are divided into two main categories. mechanical and electric.
In the first case, the causes of breakdowns can be:
- Blocking knives when trying to mow too hard grass or shrub. In this case, the cylinder is freed from stuck grass and scroll through the other way.
- Blunting or damage to knives. Knives sharpen or replace.
- Incorrect location of the knives, leading to deterioration of equipment handling, reducing the quality of work. The problem is corrected by regulating the gap.
- Vibrations and rattling of the device due to weakened bolted joints. Bolter compounds regulate.
- In models with fishing line, problems with a trimmer reel are possible. A trimmer fishing line may end, break off or get confused.
- The reason that the electric gas mobility stalls immediately after starting or during operation, may be a break in the supply cable or the disappearance of power supply in the network.
- The electric trimmer for the grass is very warm and can smoke. Overheating of the engine and its probable failure can be caused by too long work or overload, which occurs due to blocking the cutting elements with any extraneous objects. Sparking and the appearance of smoke can be triggered by incorrectly selected brushes or their incorrect location.
- One of the reasons why the electric lawn mower is not starting is the malfunction of the control button.
The most common breakdown of motorcycle
The malfunctions of gasoline devices can also be divided into two main types. engine breakdown and mechanical plan problems.
Problems with a gasoline engine:
- If the lawn mower does not start, starts poorly or immediately stops, then first of all, the ignition is checked, for which it is necessary to dismantle the candle. If it is dry, then problems in the fuel supply system, if wet, are problems with the carburetor. Candles with black soil replace. Also, the cause of this malfunction may be filter clogging. In the presence of oil in the air filter, it is washed, squeezed and dried.
- If the gasoline trimmer for the grass smokes, then the cause may be too much oil in the fuel-oil mixture. White or grayish smoke indicates an too intense engine operation and a lack of lubrication, blue. the excess of oil content, thick black. about poor.quality old fuel.
- The reasons why the lawn mower is warming up is a few. This is gasoline of inadequate quality, inappropriate oil, improper ratio of gasoline and oil, problems with a carburetor, air filter, insufficient lubrication of individual nodes.
- The gasoline trimmer for grass stalls at large speeds. Causes-etching of air in the combustion chamber, improper adjustment of the carburetor, clogging of the saapon in the fuel tank cover, poor circulation of the fuel-oil mixture due to blockages in fuel pipes.
- Benzotrimmer does not work at idle. This problem may occur due to improper control of the carburetor or clogging of the air filter.
Mechanical breakdowns. locking knives too hard and long grass, failure of knives, weakening of fasteners.
It is possible to accurately determine the place and causes of a breakdown of an electric or gasoline trimmer for grass and quickly eliminate it only in a specialized service center. Due to the availability of modern diagnostic and repair equipment and great work experience, experts will be able to cope with the problem of any complexity. Masters will not only repair a fairly new tool, but also restore the working characteristics of old models.
Diagnosis and elimination of a malfunction (diesel, gasoline)
Before traveling to the service station, do your own check and determine the problem.
The work is carried out in four steps: checking the level of oil, compression, vkg and liners.
Checking the oil level
To control the working fluid in the engine, take the following steps:
- Warm up the car.
- Drown out the motor and wait 5-7 minutes to run out of grease with the GBC
- At the level below the min, the mining fluid, and if above max, pump out the oil with a syringe and the tube worn on it.
- Perform a second check. If the smoke has not gone nowhere, go to the next stage.
For the next stage, prepare a compressometer, then take the following steps:
- Warm up the engine to operating temperature.
- Connect the start.up device so as not to discharge the battery or charge the last.
- Remove the fuse that supplies the power for the fuel pump (turn off the fuel supply).
- Unscrew and remove all the candles.
- Wait for the engine cooling.
- Click on the gas pedal on the floor and twist the engine while the arrow on the device is fixed.
- Write down the readings.
By the behavior of the arrow and the speed of the compression set, we can conclude that the integrity of the engine elements: the valve-piston group, cylinders, the GBC, etc. D.
Compression size for different engines may differ. For example, for 2-liter SAAB engines, the parameter is 12 bar, for 2.3-liter engines-14 bar, etc. D. Accurate information can be viewed in the manual to the car.
Carter gases ventilation checking (VKG)
Structurally, the following elements include the following elements:
- valves cover
- drain into the pallet;
- gas transfer to burning in the throttle;
- Sending gases for the final combustion to the turbine.
In the last two cases, a check valve is provided.
With a sharp increase in the volume of smoke or its appearance after the start of the turbine, there is damage to one of the valves.
For verification, pay attention to air release. He must go in the direction of movement. If the rule is not observed, replace the valve.
Common problems on a Stihl FS 38 Trimmer #diy #stihl #mechanic #smallengine #repair #weedeater
In the absence of a result, check the liners.
In the case of a thorough of inserts, you will have to do major repairs, and with traces of wear. change.
When detecting a defect, pay attention to additional points:
- Remember the importance of disassembly. The specified diagnosis gives preliminary results. To obtain an accurate verdict, opening and checking the internal elements of the engine is necessary.
- Change the rods of valves and piston rings in the complex. If you leave any one detail, it may not cope with pressure and will fail ahead of time. Will have to disassemble the engine again, spend time and money. The problem in such a situation may be preserved.
The most common problems
Here are the most common malfunctions:
- the engine does not start;
- The motor stalls arbitrarily;
- The engine does not gain momentum or does not hold them;
- Immediately after the start of the mowing, the engine speed falls and it stalls or works with interruptions;
- smokes strongly;
- It goes badly;
- does not stop even after the operator released the wheel drive lever;
- shakes hard;
- Poorly cut the grass.
The engine does not start
There are quite a lot of reasons why the motor does not start:
- empty fuel tank;
- a air filter is clogged;
- a muffler is clogged;
- The ignition switch is installed in the wrong position or faulty;
- The air damper control lever is in the wrong position;
- faulty candle;
- broken or clogged carburetor.
To establish the real cause of this defect, you must first conduct a full external inspection and make sure that the openings of the air filter or muffler are not clogged, there is gasoline in the tank, and the throttle control lever and the ignition switch are in the correct position.
If everything is in order with this, then it is necessary to carry out pre.launch work, including cleaning air or fuel filters, described in detail in the instructions for the operation of the mower, and then try to start again.
After making sure that the motor still does not start, the mowing is placed on the table and proceed to a more detailed search for the reasons.
First, the spark plug is twisted and tightly plug the candle hole with your finger, then smoothly, but quickly and strongly pulled the hand starter cable or pressed on the electric launch button.
The moving piston should create sufficient air pressure so that it pushes the finger and goes outside. If this does not happen, then the motor needs serious repairs, which is difficult to make at home, so it is better to take the mower to a specialized workshop.
After all, the reason that the piston does not move after the starter’s cable or rotating the shaft of an electric starter may be:
- Damage to the starter, because of which he does not transmit the energy of rotation to the engine shaft;
- The cut off the flywheel that connects the flywheel and the starter with the engine, and also provides the correct ignition angle.
To eliminate both malfunctions, not only tools, but also skill are needed, so those who do not have the skill of repairing any engines are better not to try to eliminate such problems on their own.
If the piston moves, then you must first check the fuel supply, for which the candle is thoroughly wiped with a dry clean rag, then screw it into place, and the regulator of the position by the air damper is placed in the “OFF” position, as during the start of the engine.
After that, the fuel is pumped up (if the engine design provides) and twitch the hand starter cable several times or pressed on the electric starter button and hold it for 1-3 minutes.
Then, the lever of the air damper is transferring to the “ON” position and the candle is unscrewed, which is carefully examined.
Wet contacts indicate that gasoline enters the engine and the problem of ignition, and dry contacts say:
In both cases, knowledge and equipment are necessary for proper diagnosis and repair, therefore, it is better to take the device to repair the apparatus to a specialized workshop.
If the fuel comes, then it is necessary to check the external condition of the ignition coil and the high.voltage wire. If they have cracks or poor contact as between the wire and the coil, so at the place of connection of the wire with the candle tip, they must be replaced.
If everything is fine, then you need to check the spark, for which you can use both a deliberately serviceable candle and a bolt suitable in diameter, which is inserted instead of a candle in a high.voltage wire.
The operations described below, if they are performed with errors, can damage the ignition coil, so if you are not sure that you can do everything right, then it’s better not to take risks and entrust such a check to professionals.
The candle is leaned with threads against the ribs of the engine cooling shirt, and the bolt is placed so that it does not come into contact with the mowing case or its engine, and the distance from it to the cooling shirt was 1-2 mm.
After that, disconnect any wire going to the ignition switch, then pull the lever of the manual starter or press the electric button and see if the spark will appear.
If there is no spark, then the device does not start for one of the reasons:
For the repair of these damage, skills and equipment are needed, so those who do not have them are better to trust professionals. If there is a spark, then the problem is in the spark plug, so after replacing it will work.
The motor stalls arbitrarily
The most frequent reasons why the engine stalls during operation are:
- Dirty air filter;
- Dirty fuel filter (only for models with a fuel filter);
- faulty ignition switch (does not completely open the ignition circuit);
- damaged insulation of the ignition shutdown wires;
- faulty air damper drive;
- the tightness of the ignition coil is broken or its winding is broken.
The primary inspection is performed in the same way as described in the previous section. If everything is fine outwardly, then carefully examine and feel all the wires suitable for the switch that blocks the operation of the ignition system, is possible somewhere damaged and when contacting the naked metal of the case, there is a short circuit that extinguishes the spark.
A gasoline lawn mower is a complex motorized equipment that needs proper timely maintenance and periodic repair.
Now you know what malfunctions can independently eliminate most of the owners of gasoline lawners and how to do it, and in which cases it is better to contact the workshop.
Don’t overfill your engine with oil!
Why is the lawn mower smoking
If the electric lawn mower is smoked, you must carefully look at the signs of a malfunction. The cause of the breakdown can often be set by the color of clubs rising from the unit.
The lawn mower smokes white smoke
If the smoke from the device rises white, then most likely it is caused by wear of piston rings. Normally, they form a seal between the walls of the cylinder and the piston. If the rings are damaged or too worn out, the oil will flow through them and get into the combustion chamber. As a result, the lawn mower will begin to be hopped with white, her work will worsen.
Another common reason why the lawn mower smokes is to enter the oil muffler. This usually happens after turning the unit on the side. White smoke in this case does not represent a big problem. After the oil burns out, it will stop standing out on its own. But often it is impossible to allow such a situation, this will negatively affect the performance of the device.
Attention! If the unit smokes white, it is worth checking the oil level in the system. If most of it leaks, using the lawn mower can be dangerous.
Oil flows into the muffler of the lawn mower usually after cleaning the deck
The lawn mower smokes black smoke
Black smoke usually speaks of problems with the composition of fuel. It appears mainly for two reasons:
- Carburetor malfunction. This node is responsible for mixing fuel and air in the optimal ratio. If the performance of the element is broken, the mixture will be too rich. There will not be able to burn completely such fuel, carbon will accumulate in the system, due to which a black child will form.
- Air filter problems. This element prevents dust, grass and other garbage entering the engine. If you do not clean the filter for a long time, it will inevitably clog and stop freely passing the air. As a result, too saturated fuel is formed, and a black child will appear.
If the lawn mower smokes dark, this is a serious danger to the garden unit. Most likely, the device will not break the first time. However, before the further use of the lawn mower, you will need to first eliminate the malfunction, otherwise in the end it will fail.
The lawn mower smokes and stalls
If the garden unit not only smokes, but also stalls after the start of work, the reason is usually inappropriate fuel. In particular, the malfunction provokes:
- too high oil level;
- incorrect position of the air damper regulator;
- the use of gasoline, which was stored in oil tank.
Check if the device smoke due to the low quality of fuel is very simple. It is necessary to empty the tank and pour good gasoline with an octane number recommended by the manufacturer in it. If, after starting the engine, the children disappears, then the problem can be considered solved.
Sometimes the unit still smokes after replacing fuel. In this case, it is necessary to measure the level of oil in the system. If it exceeds the Max mark on a special probe, you need to pump out excess.
If the lawn mower smokes, you need not only to drain excess oil, but also replace the praised oil seals
The lawn mower smokes and warms
Sometimes the lawn mower emits smoke, but continues to work, although it overheats a lot. Typically, the malfunction is caused by the following reasons:
- too long the work of the unit;
- increasing the load on the engine due to clogging with the knife part;
- damage to the motor winding;
- wear of the engine brushes.
When a child appears and when overheating the device, you need to urgently turn off the lawn mower and conduct its inspection. All garbage, which scored the working part, is removed, they allow a gas station to cool properly. If, when you re.turn on, the unit is still smoking and warming up, you need to disassemble it and check the engine’s serviceability.
What to do if the lawn mower smokes
If the lawn mower was smoked with white smoke, you need to turn off the device and conduct maintenance. Perform it as follows:
- Check the condition of air and fuel filters, if necessary, clean.
- Replace oil, the quality of the internal elements of the device largely depends on the quality of which largely depends.
- If necessary, install new cylinders and piston rings instead of worn out.
- Remove and disassemble the carburetor, clean it of contaminants or completely replace it.
- Check the condition of the spark plug, if necessary, remove the carcass from it or install a new element.
- Drain the fuel from the system and pour fresh high.quality gasoline.
After that, the unit is assembled and check whether it continues to smoke after serving.
Attention! If you can’t eliminate the problem with your own hands, it is better to give the lawn mower to the service to repair the engine and other complex recovery work.
During the operation of the lawn mower in mountainous regions with sparse air, it is better to use a special high.altitude corrector
How to avoid most problems?
The work of this seasonal equipment is very affected by its proper storage. over, this applies not only to a long “rest” in the winter, but also of short intervals of inaction. To protect yourself and the technique from problems, you need to adhere to a few simple recommendations.
- Before sending on a well.deserved rest, a tank trimmer for grass is freed from fuel remnants. To remove the entire mixture, the lawn mower is launched and allowed to work until the engine is stalled.
- The first operation after “winter hibernation”. pouring a small amount of oil into the candle hole. Before that, the piston is moved to the extreme position. Such a lubricant will facilitate the launch and prevent premature wear of the details.
Before starting working with a motorcycle, they must check the candle and all the main equipment components.
Reasons why the trimmer for grass does not start is quite a lot. But most of them can be detected and fixed independently. The main thing is the correct diagnosis, attentiveness and sequence of actions. And about how you can cope with problems, the master from the next will tell in detail
It would seem that uncharacteristic defects that are associated with an automatic gearbox can cause blue oil smoke.
In the boxes, an automatic machine, which provides a vacuum load sensor, sometimes breaks the vacuum modulator membrane.
The automatic transmission oil begins to flow into this cavity, and then on the vacuum tube, under the influence of the discharge that the engine piston is created, flow into the inlet collector. T.e. from the box, the machine is simply sucked out. Recall that the oil in ATF has red.
The oil flows, as a rule, not all cylinders, but only in those near which in the intake manifold technologically provides for the selection of vacuum.
Diagnosing the problem is not difficult. We unscrew the candles and find flooded with red liquid.
The color of smoke from the exhaust pipe of the diesel engine can also be white, blue (blue) or black.
The reasons for this phenomenon in diesel engines are very similar to gasoline engines, but since the principle of their work is partially different, then the causes of smoke can also be different or complement each other.
Black or gray smoke
As we already know (see above), the cause of black smoke is to renew the fuel mixture.
But in diesel engines, such a mixture can be formed not only as a result of the supply of excess fuel, but also as a result of the small flow of air (oxygen) into the cylinders. T.e. an increased volume of diesel fuel is submitted, disproportionate with the volume of oxygen.
The reasons for the appearance of black exhaust gases in diesel engines:
- Wear of nozzles (create low injection pressure, simply pour the solarium in the form of drops, not fog);
- Impaired adjustment of fuel supply to the fuel pump;
- Defective speed control for fuel pumps;
- The air filter clogged;
- Incorrect work of the throttle (where it is);
- Reduction of thermal gaps in the inlet valves (impaired adjustment);
- Incorrect operation of the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation);
- Turbocharger malfunctions;
- The tags of fuel supply and gas distribution are incorrectly exhibited incorrectly.
A clear sign of air lack in the combustion chamber may be dark gray smoke.
And gray.colored exhaust gases signal all the above problems, only to a lesser extent. For example, the air filter is not completely clogged, but only partially.
Blue (blue) exhaust gases color
The main causes of blue smoke in diesel engines:
- Oil entering the cylinders;
- Late fuel injection;
- Low compression;
- Turbocharger malfunctions (wear of the rotor seals, bearings).
The causes of oil entering the cylinders in diesel engines are similar, like gasoline engines, we will not repeat ourselves.
If a late fuel injection appears, then the reason for the problem is in the fuel pump, most likely it is faulty.
As a result of the natural wear of the parts of the high pressure fuel pump, and if its operation is improperly, accelerated wear, the fuel injection period is gradually reduced.
As a result of this, the fuel does not have time to mix with the air and heat up (prepare), and, therefore, it does not burn out in the combustion chamber and in the form of a blue (blue) smoke flies out of the exhaust pipe. Concomitant sign. the engine shakes when starting.
Когда двигатель прогреется топливо в цилиндрах успевает нагреться и сгорает полностью, поэтому дым синего цвета через пару километров пути может исчезнуть.
It is also worth turning to such a malfunction as a shortage of fuel in the fuel pump. The problem may occur due to the clogged filter of fine fuel cleaning.
It is worth mentioning about the spring.loaded timer piston, with which late or early injection is regulated. It is located directly in the fuel pump.
The bottom line is that the lack of fuel will lead to a decrease in the pressure in the pump, this will reduce the opposition of the spring, which will shift the piston to the late injection.
This will lead to a late fuel injection, shaking of the engine and the appearance of blue smoke from the exhaust pipe.
If the cylinders have low compression, then this will affect the formation of the desired temperature for ignition of fuel. After all, temperature indicators are directly proportional to the created piston pressure, and the latter depends on the compression.
The temperature will be lower than the normative, which means that the fuel supplied in time will not ignite.
If, for example, two cylinders in a diesel engine have a good compression, but two are not, then the motor will most likely be able to start, but the launch will be accompanied by a huge amount of brutal smoke.
When the motor warms the color of the exhausts normalizes. This will happen because against the general background of engine operation, the temperature in all cylinders is leveled and will become sufficient to diesel fuel ignite even where the compression is weak.
The malfunctions of the turbocharger can also cause the appearance of blue or blue smoke from the exhaust pipe. The failure of the rotor seals, the wear of the bearings allows you to penetrate the oil into the input pipe of the turbine.
From there, the oil enters the exhaust system, it burns out and throws out.
It is difficult to identify such a malfunction, since outwardly at first it does not show itself, but then signs, as they say.
Diesel white smoke
Here the situation is similar to gasoline engines, do not confuse white smoke with steam.
Many owners of diesel cars confuse blue exhaust gases with white.
As noted above, blue smoke is often the result of the failure of the parts of the turbine, and to determine it, just smell it.
The main cause of white smoke in diesel engines is a coolant entering one or more cylinders (more often in one).
Almost all intake manifolds in diesel engines are heated with coolant, the failure of the gasket allows you to seep the coolant into the combustion chamber.
Other reasons for the appearance of white smoke from the exhaust pipe in diesel engines are identical to gasoline units, we will repeat them, but we will not completely disclose them (see above), this is: this: this:
In the latter case, there is only one exit, to replace the block head. But as a new detail for modern foreign cars can cost from 1000 at.e., Many people compromise and acquire contract analogues (former use) brought from other countries.