Chainsaw STIHL ms 180 will not start
The saw does not develop speed, does not develop power.
Why is there such a discrepancy that the saw seemed to work perfectly, but suddenly power is lost and not spinning
But if you notice that the oil for the chain is leaking, then the cause of the malfunction may be a leakage of the joints of the hose of the oil tank and the oil pump. In order to fix the problem, you will have to disassemble the tool. If the hose is damaged, it is recommended to replace it. Sometimes it is sealed with a special compound. The surface must first be degreased and rinsed. Sometimes the oil filter fails, in some cases it gets clogged. This can also cause oil to leak. In this case, the filter is checked, cleaned or replaced with a new one.
If you have purchased a STIHL 180 chainsaw, you yourself can find out and carry out carburetor malfunctions and repairs. If the tool stops starting, starts to stall and is unable to maintain power, and also does not hold idle speed, then the carburetor may be the cause of breakdowns. During operation, it quite often turns out to be clogged with dirt, dust or sawdust. You can fix the problem by cleaning it.
Malfunctions of the carburetor of the STIHL 180 chainsaw are resolved after preparing some tools, among them:
- head 8,
- crosshead screwdriver,
The brush can be used to remove dust and dirt. Then remove the cover and filter. The two nuts of the air filter are unscrewed, which will allow the air intake housing to be removed. You should now be able to see the carburetor. Having lowered the damper down, it is necessary to remove the accelerator lever.
Considering the main malfunctions of the STIHL 180 chainsaw, you should know that you should not forget about the fuel filter. It is removed and the fuel hose is blown through. Now you can reassemble everything in the reverse order. If, after assembling the carburetor, the tool still does not start well, and the muffler produces smoke, then the spring under the needle lever has been lost. Due to its absence, the needle does not close the fuel supply. As a result, the candle is filled with gasoline. To fix this problem, you need to find the spring and install it in place.
When repairing a carburetor, you must remember that it is a complex assembly, consisting of rings and many parts. This indicates that cleaning and repairs must be carried out with extreme care. If the tool stalls or does not start, then, in addition to the carburetor, it is necessary to check the spark plugs. If they are defective, they are unscrewed and dried.
Excess fuel can be drained out through a special hole. Malfunctions of the STIHL 180 chainsaw and their elimination are described in part in the instructions. After reading the article, you can understand that the candles should be dried for at least half an hour, after this time, the candle can be installed in place by starting the unit.
Chainsaw STIHL MS 180. Classification of the model by technical parameters
- The STIHL MS 180 chainsaw corresponds to the light class due to the small weight and volume of the oil and fuel tanks.
- The tool is equipped with a two-stroke engine with sufficient power for heavy operations.
- The average height of the noise produced is up to 98 dB, which is higher than the noise from conversational speech. 76 dB.
- Model weight 3.9 kg. Weight / power ratio 2.6. This is the highest coefficient for a non-professional instrument.
- Power 2 HP C. Or 1.5 kW.
- Oil tank volume 0.145 l.
- Fuel tank volume 0.25 l.
- Tire 350 mm. 0.325 inch increments.
CHAINSAW WON’T START STIHL MS 170
STIHL 180 chainsaw will not start
STIHL 250 chainsaw malfunction (chainsaw carburetor malfunction):
Immediately after starting the chainsaw, it works at increased speeds, and if you press the gas, then instead of starting to accelerate, it “chokes” and even stalls. Or it starts poorly, does not pick up speed and stalls (this chainsaw malfunction also applies to other expensive chainsaws with an accelerating pump in the carburetor).
The reason for the chainsaw malfunction: Worn rubber cuff on the piston of the accelerating pump in the carburetor (fuel booster). This leads to air suction by the accelerating pump and the main jet feeds a lean air-fuel mixture into the diffuser (there is little gasoline in the mixture) and the chainsaw first runs at increased speed, and then “chokes” and stalls. This happens after 2-3 years of operation and usually happens in the hot summer months.
STIHL 180. Classics of the genre. Doesn’t develop momentum
In order to clean the mesh filter, you need to remove the carburetor from the STIHL 180 chainsaw. Work begins by removing the upper saw cover, after which, using an 8 mm head, two fastening nuts are unscrewed. Further, the filter housing is removed from the guides, after which the air damper rod and the engine control lever are disconnected. Last of all, the fuel hose and throttle rod are disconnected, after which the carburetor can be removed from the rails.
The carburetor mesh filter is installed in the fuel pump chamber, in order to get to it, one screw securing the pump cover is unscrewed and it, together with the gaskets, is removed.
The strainer can only be cleaned with compressed air. Any mechanical methods are strictly prohibited, since the mesh is very soft and simply changes shape. Answer: STIHL 180 chainsaw. Repair and treatment of childhood diseases. There is a spark, gasoline comes in, because. The candle is wet, but the saw does not start. How to treat. When you press it, it simply crumples and bends are formed along the edge of the landing site, through which unfiltered fuel can enter the carburetor.
Why won’t my chainsaw Start. stihl 180
During the cleaning process, the landing site with the filter installed in it, you need to cover it halfway with your finger and only then blow air, otherwise, the mesh may fly away and you will not be able to find it.
Troubleshooting the chainsaw carburetor
Remove the carburetor from the chainsaw. Remove the bnzon pump cover with the membrane by unscrewing one screw in the center of the cover. Then turn the carburetor towards you with the throttle valve, on the side where there are two holes, a pin is visible in one, and there is an accelerating pump under it. Remove the retaining ring from the outside of the pin and disconnect the air damper spring wire. Unscrew the screw in the center of the throttle valve, remember how the throttle valve stands (so that it can be installed later) and remove the throttle valve. Plug the hole with the pin with your finger (the accelerator is spring-loaded and if you remove the throttle shaft and do not close the hole, the accelerator will pop out), then turn the throttle shaft and remove it. Shake out the accelerator (piston) with a spring from the hole. There is a rubber cuff (ring) on the piston. its wear is the cause of the chainsaw malfunction. It is necessary to replace the piston with a rubber cuff and a spring (they are sold as a repair kit). Or you can remove the worn piston with a spring, and plug the hole by pushing a rubber plug into it (the chainsaw will not have an accelerating pump, i.e. it will accelerate not in 3 seconds, but in 4 seconds, but it will work well since there will be no suction air carburetor).
Fix a Stihl chainsaw that doesn’t start, model MS 170
Assembling after eliminating the malfunction of the chainsaw (after eliminating the malfunction of the chainsaw carburetor) is carried out in the reverse order of disassembly. When assembling the throttle valve, before tightening the screw, the throttle valve itself must be correctly set so that it does not jam, and the thread of the throttle valve fastening screw to the axle should be degreased and smeared with a special thread sealant (sold in small tubes, red, liquid) or flattened with pliers, because if this bolt is unscrewed during operation, it goes straight into the cylinder) and repair or replacement of the piston cannot be avoided). So we examined the elimination of this chainsaw malfunction.
Prerequisites for which the STIHL 180 does not develop momentum
The STIHL 180 chainsaw does not develop revs, or after you release the gas trigger, it continues to work without dropping the revs. These difficulties are fairly common. Let’s try to understand the reasons that result in the appearance of similar defects. Also in this article we will see how to diagnose if the chainsaw does not pull.
As with other saws, the carburetor acts as the main starting device. Considering in more detail the carburetor that the STIHL 180 chainsaw is equipped with, it should be noted that it has a single adjusting screw. In other words, it is a kind of idle speed adjustment screw. In this case, the nozzle, which has a full load, is stationary all the time.
In other words, the regulation is not applicable to it. In turn, there is no way to influence the full load in any way. You also need to pay attention to the factory settings, due to which the supply of the air-fuel mixture is carried out directly to the engine. over, this principle remains regardless of the operating conditions of the tool.
The characteristics of this saw are a reason for the pride of the German manufacturer. In this case, the unit is a tool that is designed to perform a small amount of work. The tool is positioned for domestic use, which confirms the intensity of its use, which should not exceed 20 hours per month. Having such a unit at your disposal, it will not be difficult for you to maintain order in your garden, to prepare firewood for the winter, as well as to clear areas. At the same time, he will be able to help you in solving other problems, where there is no need to perform complex manipulations.
The saw in question can be considered a compact option, because its weight is only 3.9 kg. At the same time, it has a large oil and fuel tank. A two-stroke engine helps the device perform its working functions, the power of which is sufficient for solving simple tasks. In addition to this, during operation, this instrument does not generate strong noise, the level of which does not exceed 98 dB. For ease of understanding, it is enough to say that a person’s speech creates noise at a level of 76 dB.
- The STIHL 180 chainsaw has a power of 2.6 watts. In principle, this is sufficient, bearing in mind that we are talking about a tool for household use.
- The capacity of the oil tank is 0.145 l, the fuel tank is 0.25 l.
- Designed tire measures 350mm with 0.325 ” pitch.
Defective spark plug: troubleshooting methods
- Sometimes during the check it is possible to find out that the problem is a faulty spark plug. In this case, it is removed, then allowed to dry. Some owners may try to ignite it, but this should not be done, because otherwise this element will be damaged and after that it will only be necessary to throw it out. During troubleshooting, you will have to remove excess fuel by draining it through a special hole.
- You also need to keep in mind that the drying time should be at least half an hour. After completing a similar operation, you can return it to its place, and then test it in action.
- In some cases, the candle may fail due to the depletion of its resource. Usually, when this is confirmed, the only option left is to find a replacement for it. In this case, it does not hurt to have a spare candle, or even better, when you have a whole set of such elements at hand. In this case, you can always put a new plug instead of the existing one and make sure whether the broken plug is the cause of the breakdown.
- At the same time, the inability to start the chainsaw can be caused by a weak contact provided by the high-voltage wire and the end of the candle. The problem with starting the chainsaw may be due to the failure of the ignition unit. In such situations, the only solution to the problem is to replace the faulty unit, since it is not repairable.
STIHL 180 chainsaw won’t start: main reasons
Today, many manufacturers are engaged in the production of units for agricultural and construction work, among which the most demanded is the equipment manufactured by STIHL. The high level of quality is not the only reason why the products of this manufacturer are popular in the market. This was also facilitated by the democratic price and optimal power that the models of this brand have.
It seems that many had to use a chainsaw of a similar brand. over, it is not easy to use, but regularly perform a wide variety of work and make sure of the high performance characteristics of this tool. Such a proliferation of these products is no coincidence, given that, in addition to power, this instrument stands out for its graceful design. However, one must remember that this is still a technique for which the resource of work is limited. Therefore, each owner of such a unit at some point is faced with the need for repair. Next, we will talk about the features of repairing the STIHL 180 chainsaw.
- For many owners, the question regarding the correct idle speed after emptying the fuel from the gasoline tanks is relevant for many owners. According to experts, there is no need to worry too much about this. However, if you have to deal with a similar problem often, then it is enough to manipulate the carburetor by reducing the engine speed in order to restore the normal operation of the tool.
- In some cases, the owner may need to clean the muffler as this part may be causing the malfunction. This operation is quite simple. It must be remembered that many owners are faced with problematic chainsaw operation due to a faulty carburetor.
- Although in some cases it may be quite simple to troubleshoot a malfunction, it is most preferable if specialists will repair this equipment. After all, not each of us has the necessary knowledge and skills, and this is fraught with the fact that during self-troubleshooting there is a risk of completely disabling the tool.