Difference Angle Grinder From Angle Grinder
How to choose a sander?
Before proceeding with the purchase, you need to decide what specific device you need and what functions it should perform. The tape machine is designed to work in place of a planer. That is, the work of the tool is a rough roughing of paint and leveling the surface. For vibration, work on wood, plastic and metal is more common. Such a machine produces high-quality cleaning and polishing of the material. The orbital sander is designed to work with convex and curved surfaces. Thus, before purchasing this kind of tool, it is important to decide on what surface you will work on and what requirements the electrical appliance must meet.
Types of grinders
Belt sander. It is a tool where the surface is sanded unidirectionally, using a sanding belt, which is located on the rollers provided for rotation. This type of tool is suitable for polishing large surfaces.
Vibration sander. This type of machine is also called a surface grinder. It is a flat-bottomed instrument, hence the name. The surface is sanded by the reciprocating motion of the sandpaper. It is this action that is vibrational in nature. This type of machine also has vacuum cleaners for collecting construction dust.
To work on ledges and corners, there is another type of vibration-type machines, this is a delta sander. The sole of this type of tool has a triangular shape, which allows you to work in hard-to-reach places.
Eccentric sander. This variety is commonly called orbital. The name, again, was formed from the appearance of the sanding sole. It resembles an orbit or, more simply, a circle.
Angle grinder. This type of machine rotates around its axis. In addition to grinding, the angle grinder can cut metal, concrete and other materials.
Polishing sander. The function of this tool is to polish metal and painted surfaces.
Brush sander. The brush functions as a grinder, rotating along its axis.
Popular functions of angle grinder
- Function “Soft start”. Devices that have this function are very convenient to use, due to the fact that the device starts to work at lower speeds, gradually gaining power.
- Balancing. This feature is present only on the highest quality models.
- The very shutdown of the brushes. This function is also present only on high quality devices. The brushes automatically turn off in the event of a power outage.
Angle grinder in action
Angle grinder and grinder. How they differ
Angle grinder is the colloquial name for a power tool designed for abrasive processing of metal or other types of material.
The most important parameter when choosing an angle grinder is disk size. The diameter of the disc determines the depth to which the device will cut the material. Also, do not forget that during operation, the disc is gradually erased and becomes smaller, thereby reducing the cutting depth.
A sander is a type of power tool for grinding and polishing surfaces of various materials, such as plastic, metal, wood.
Many types of grinding machines have the function of collecting sawdust, shavings, in a word, waste from the work performed. The vacuum cleaner can be either built-in or additionally connected.
Comparative analysis of electrical appliances
As you can see from the above description of electrical appliances, the functions of these tools identical by 98%. Both devices are used for cutting, grinding and polishing materials from metal, wood, plastic and other materials.
Sanders have a wider range of separation of work areas (flat surface, angular). Also, many models have a vacuum cleaner function, which is not the case for an angle grinder.
Often, an angle grinder is used as a tool for cutting various materials, and a grinder is more intended for cleaning surfaces and subsequent polishing.
Types of grinders
In addition to the fact that the angle grinder is divided into household and professional, the angle grinder is distinguished by the principle of operation. The only difference between the two is what is inside and the power source. Given these features, you can choose the appropriate option for specific operating conditions.
What to look for when choosing
To choose the right option for an angle grinder for home use, you need to decide not only on the type of tool, but also look at other characteristics.
How to choose an angle grinder for home use. 10 main criteria
Need a quality angle grinder for home use? How to find a good option for your home and not overpay, the article suggests.
Similar in structure to mains tools, with the exception of the large battery compartment. As a rule, it is located at the end of the handle.
The cordless angle grinder is especially handy where there is no mains supply. Such a tool is useful for outdoor work.
The device can be selected for handling materials in buildings that are not connected to electricity or have few outlets. In addition, due to the fact that the user does not get in the way of wires, the device is convenient when you need to work under the ceiling.
In addition to the obvious advantages over models that are powered from the mains, such an angle grinder is somewhat inferior to them. Firstly, they are more expensive, and secondly, the operating time of the device is limited by the battery capacity. In addition, devices are usually only compatible with small diameter discs.
Network. Some of the most popular power tool options. In this case, the angle grinder is powered by an outlet.
- Variety in terms of dimensions, capacities allows you to supply abrasive wheels of all sizes;
- Low, in comparison with other types of angle grinder, price;
- Less weight than other models;
- Many attachments for different jobs.
- If the electricity is turned off, it will not work;
- The user’s movement is limited by the length of the wire;
- Failures with voltage drops.
For grinders designed to work with large discs, the rotation speed is 7-9 thousand revolutions per minute. For devices with smaller circles, this parameter is higher. About 12 thousand.
It is worth taking into account: the characteristic is indicated by the manufacturer, taking into account the idle speed. In practice, the disc spins a little slower.
Some home angle grinders, like the GL-125S, have a speed control. This option is worth choosing if you want to adjust the speed yourself.
The main features of small grinders
The small angle grinder has its own characteristics that make it an indispensable tool in solving a number of construction and repair tasks:
- It is lightweight. This feature allows you to work on weight for a long time without getting tired.
- It has a compact size, which allows the device to work in places where it is difficult to approach with more bulky equipment.
- You can work without using an additional handle: thanks to the small diameter of the housing, the small angle grinder can be gripped with just one hand and the surface can be cleaned. It is very convenient if you have to hold on with one hand and work with the other.
- There are battery-type devices, which gives even more freedom in the use of the tool.
- Small angle grinders have little power. This eliminates the possibility of strong vibration during operation and makes it possible to carry out more accurate processing.
Main Purpose of Mini Angle Grinder
- Cut-off operations. Angle grinder can cut steel, other metal, concrete, asbestos, slate, ceramic tiles.
- Roughing operations. The small device is convenient for cleaning surfaces from rust, oxides, old paint on metal structures and wood.
- Slitting operations. You can make grooves for electric wires and other communications, remove old grout from the seams of ceramic tiles.
- Grinding operations. Angle grinder can grind and polish surfaces.
- Sharpening operations. Small angle grinder ideal for sharpening household cutting and stabbing tools.
Mini and micro angle grinder
The design of the mini angle grinder is practically no different from ordinary grinders: it has the same longitudinal arrangement of the cutting disc. The obvious difference between the device is the absence of a pronounced main handle (in a small model, the body of the device itself acts as it) and the small size of the body itself. Other signs that clearly indicate that we have a small angle grinder in front of us are as follows:
- The ability to put a cutting disc of 125 mm. No more;
- Power consumption of electricity does not exceed 1 kW.
Among the small grinders, a separate category can be distinguished. These are microdevices. They are even more miniature, the design has a transverse arrangement of the working body. In such devices, as a rule, there is no reduction gear and the rotation speed of the disk corresponds to the number of engine revolutions. This is justified by the fact that the device is not designed for heavy loads and more serves as a grinding equipment.
Review of small grinders for the home craftsman
The mini-angle grinder differs from a conventional angle grinder in that it has a compact size and light weight, which makes it an indispensable tool for working in hard-to-reach places, confined spaces, while weight, while you can perform many construction and repair operations.
Angle machines for grinding operations (angle grinder) come in different sizes. The larger the angle grinder, the larger the diameter of the cut-off wheel you can put on it. But dimensional devices are also heavy. It is difficult to work with such a tool at a height and it is impossible to crawl into hard-to-reach places. Another thing is a mini-angle grinder: it is lightweight, convenient to use, more economical, and most importantly, it can carry out the same list of works as a large one.
Among the smallest examples there are models with a cutting wheel of up to 70 mm in diameter. Even jewelry operations can be performed with such miniature equipment.
When purchasing any model of an angle grinder, both large and small, do not forget that they are all dangerous tools with which you need to be extremely careful: here negligence can lead to irreparable!
Types of discs used
- Cutting purpose for steel. A tool designed for working with various metals.
- Cut-off purpose diamond is designed for working with concrete and other building material.
- Discs for grinding and cleaning operations. Can be in the form of round metal brushes or emery wheels.
The most running disc diameter is 115 mm or 125 mm. Smaller discs such as 90 mm and below are used in specific operations.
Reviews of popular models and prices
- Unit category. Angle grinder.
- Electric power. 0.900 kW.
- Revolving. 11 thousand rotations per minute.
- The size of the seat of the disc. 22 mm in diameter.
- The largest disc that can be supplied is 125 mm in diameter.
The price of a small angle grinder “Interskol” is about 2500 rubles.
- Electric Machine Type. Angle Grinder.
- Motor power. 0.660 kW.
- The number of disk rotations per minute. 11 thousand.
- The size of the place (diameter) where the disc is installed. 22 mm.
- Possible disc for installation. 115 mm.
The price of BOSCH GWS 660 Professional is around 4400 rubles.
- Equipment type. Mini angle grinder.
- Power consumption of the motor. 0.730 kW.
- Engine revs. 10,000 rotations in 60 seconds.
- Fitting diameter size. 22 mm.
- Available disc for installation. No more than 125 mm.
Product price. Within 2800 rubles.
- Machine type. Angle grinder.
- Power of consumed electricity. 1.2 kW.
- Revolving. From 2800 to 11000 rpm.
- Seat size. 22 mm in diameter.
- Maximum disc size. 125 mm in diameter.
The cost of the tool is around 5100 rubles.
- Machine type. Angle grinder.
- Power of consumed electricity. 0.780 kW.
- Disk revolving. 11000 rpm.
- Seat size. 22 mm in diameter.
- Maximum disc size. 125 mm in diameter.
The product can be purchased for about 4200 rubles.
Dear visitors of the site, share in the comments what high-quality mini-angle grinder you know!