DIY Tiller Brush
How to make attachments for a tiller with your own hands?
- How to make a flat cutter with your own hands?
- Sizes and features of the manufacture of hedgehogs
- Do-it-yourself snowplow bucket
- How to design a trencher?
- Manufacturing of other suspended structures
In order to increase the capabilities of the tiller, it is enough to equip it with various attachments. For all models, manufacturers have developed numerous additions, the use of which makes it easier to work on the ground.
On sale you can find plows and seeders, hillers, furrow diggers, sledges. The choice, of course, is large, but many cannot afford the cost of such equipment. But it is quite possible to make it on your own from cheaper or used materials.
How to design a trencher?
A homemade trencher is a hinged attachment to the tiller, which allows you to quickly and effortlessly dig trenches and holes. It is a kind of compact excavator that is maneuverable and economical. Moves on a wheeled or tracked chassis.
The digger attachment allows you to dig trenches and holes even in frozen ground. The walls of the trenches are flat, without shedding. The excavated soil is light and crumbly and can be used for backfilling.
Two cutters are fixed on the front suspension, on the rear. a shovel for extracting soil from the trench. It is imperative to attach safety guards to the cutting discs and the chain drive. By the same principle, a drill bit is made from a metal rod and plates.
Do-it-yourself snowplow bucket
the tiller will come in handy on the farm not only in summer, but also in winter. It is often equipped like a snow blower. It is enough to make a bucket for the tiller, and the iron assistant will do the hard work.
A snow shovel is usually made from a 200 liter iron barrel. You will also need metal strips, a square pipe, rubber and steel plates and fasteners. bolts, nuts. From tools. pliers or pliers, drill and drill bits for metal, wrenches, grinder, welding machine.
an angle grinder at the barrel, the side parts are cut. Then the workpiece is cut into three pieces. Two of them are welded along the contour. The remaining third of the barrel needs to be divided into metal strips, which will be the bucket knives. Three 6mm diameter holes are drilled into them for attachment to the edge of the bucket. Instead of a barrel, you can use a metal sheet, which will need to be bent by heating.
A strip of metal is welded to the bottom of the bucket to make it heavier. The metal strip is completely covered with rubber to prevent wear. The bucket is then attached to the tiller. To protect against corrosion, a homemade bucket is primed and painted.
You can turn a wheeled tiller into a snowmobile using a trailer and winter wheels. With the help of the channel, the trailer is fixed to the frame. Used truck cameras are used instead of expensive wheels. On each wheel, the deflated chamber is secured with chains and inflated again. Equipping a snowmobile machine is quite simple and homemade sleds.
How to make a flat cutter with your own hands?
A practical addition to the tiller is the flat cutter. This is an indispensable assistant who creates beds, weeds and spuds plantings, levels, falls asleep, loosens the ground. The possibilities of such a nozzle are almost endless.
If you place the blades of the plane cutter on the left and lead in the same plane with the soil, then you can weed or loosen the ground. Raising the appliance slightly, the blades turned to the left will mow tall weeds. If the blades look down, then they can easily create beds.
A flat cutter will again help to form grooves for planting and fill in the seeds. This is the function of the burier.
You can use the Fokin plane cutter as a hitch for a tiller. He has the necessary holes for hanging on the structure. If a flat cutter of a different size is required, then you can make it yourself. Drawings and a small metal workpiece will help with this.
The metal must be of sufficient thickness and strength so that in the future it can function as a blade. The sheet is heated with a blowtorch and bent according to the pattern. When the plane cutter is in shape, it is cooled with water. In order for this workpiece to become an attachment, it is necessary to make holes for fasteners and sharpen the workpiece with an angle grinder.
A sheet of metal can be replaced with a piece of pipe, to which pieces of metal are attached like blades. They need to be sharpened.
Dimensions and features of making hedgehogs
a tiller with a potato growing attachment will save time and effort when caring for this crop. Weeding hedgehogs are a functional attachment that allows you to quickly and efficiently defeat weeds. In the process of weeding, plants are not simply cut, but uprooted. The land around the plant is well loosened and huddled. Thanks to this, the plant not only gets rid of weeds, but also receives sufficient water and oxygen.
Based on diagrams and drawings, you can make them yourself.
Components for hedgehogs:
- 3 discs made of metal or ring;
- a small piece of pipe with a diameter of 30 mm;
- steel dowel rods.
It is preferable to use rings instead of discs, which will lighten the whole structure. The sizes of rings for making tiller’s hedgehogs are different. The most common are 240x170x100 mm or 300x200x100 mm. The rings are attached to the pipe through jumpers. The connection must be made at an angle of 45 degrees with a distance between the elements no more than 15-18 cm.
The spikes, cut from a steel rod 10-15 cm long, are welded onto the rings and the axle itself. Depending on the size, they are attached to a large ring in the amount of 15 pieces, to a small one. 5. Also, several pieces can be welded onto the axle.
To facilitate the work with the structure, the hedgehog tiller is equipped with additional wheels.
Manufacturing of other suspended structures
So, to cultivate the land, a plow is needed that can overcome virgin soil overgrown with grass, wet or stale soil. To make it, you need a steel plate about 5 mm thick. Using the rollers, the plate is bent into a cylinder. Edges sharpen angle grinder.
The resulting home-made plow is hung on the tiller’s stand through the hitch.
By the same principle, it is easy to make a furrow-forming attachment. It is good if there are racks from the cultivator. They can be attached to a corner or made two racks from scrap materials. For this, plates are cut from a metal sheet with a thickness of 1.5-2 mm. The size of the plates should correspond to the depth and width of the furrow. They are attached with bolts to the struts of the structure. You can use such a nozzle for instillation. One has only to give the plates the required shape. They should be in the form of a disc or circle, located at a certain angle. From above, such plates are located closer than below. Due to this, the discs, while rotating, open the cavities outward.
The cranberry tiller attachment contains a self-propelled crawler platform. The intake is fixed on the swing frame of the platform. It is made in the form of a box with bent parallel teeth. Moving, the device with the help of the fan pulls the berries into the box. The fan is powered by the engine. Screw-shaped spirals are installed in the box.
Plucked cranberries are heavier than garbage, so they fall to the bottom of the container. Leaves, small specks that fall along with the cranberries, along with the air flow from the fan, are removed through the hole.
The tiller brush is used to clean the area not only from leaves, but also from shallow snow. Simplicity, efficiency and versatility of use are the obvious advantages of this hinged element. A brush shaft is vertically attached to the tiller. A ring and discs with brushes are alternately put on it. The diameter of the rings is 350 mm. The width of the grip of such a brush is usually made no more than one meter. This allows the tiller to remain manoeuvrable and cover a fairly large surface area for cleaning.
The length of the bristles is 40-50 cm, otherwise it will soon begin to wrinkle and wrinkle. It will not be possible to restore the properties of the bristles, just attach new discs. The speed of the tiller with the attached brush fluctuates in the range of 2-5 km / h, depending on the engine power of the unit.
For how to make a plow to a tiller with your own hands, see the next video.
Blade design features
The blade is an attachment in the form of a shovel or a bucket installed on the tiller in order to clear the adjacent territory from snow and debris, as well as level the soil. A snow blower for a tiller greatly simplifies cleaning, and can be used both in the house area and in the common area.
- only forward;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the left;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the right.
Before proceeding directly to the manufacture of the snow plow, you should choose the optimal angle of the shovel position, and fix it on the tiller using the L-shaped mount.
Often so much snow falls over several winter days that it can be quite difficult to remove it with a shovel alone. In this case, a tiller will come to the rescue, which can be equipped with a homemade blade. This will help clear the area, saving you time and energy.
Blade from a gas cylinder. how to do it yourself?
One of the most common options is to make a blade from a 200 liter barrel or from a gas cylinder. Such a nozzle for snow removal will successfully cope with the clearing of the local area from caked icy snow masses, and will save you time and effort.
As in the first case, you will need a detailed diagram, which will describe in detail all the dimensions and installation location of the main elements of the snow blower. Further, to make an auger or rotary snow blower, you will need to prepare the same materials and tools as in the first case. Steel sheets and stiffeners do not need to be purchased. a cylinder or barrel will be used instead.
A snow plow for a tiller is manufactured as follows:
- Cut an empty barrel or cylinder into 3 parts. as a result, you should have 3 curved segments, from which you need to make a shovel;
- Weld 2 segments from the resulting three to each other along the contour. As a result, you will receive a product with a thickness of 3 mm. this is quite enough for high-quality snow removal;
- Install a sturdy steel blade to reinforce the bottom of the blade. Drill 3 holes in the knife with a 10 pitch and a diameter of 6 mm. When installing the knife on the bucket, place a rubber gasket between the elements;
- Weld a semicircle in the middle of the installed pipe, in which 3 holes have been made in advance. they will be used to securely fix the pivoting corners of the bucket;
- From another piece of pipe, make an L-shaped holder. Insert one end of the part into one of the holes in the semicircle, and fasten the other to the tiller frame. You can see the result of the work done in the photo.
A ready-made snow shovel will help remove a large amount of freshly fallen and packed snow. Thanks to the large bucket width, you can clear a significant swath, saving you time and effort.
For better cleaning of the local area, a sweeping brush can be installed on the manufactured dump. It should be bolted just behind the bucket. If you want to use this element, then during the manufacture of the blade, 2 pipes must be welded to its side parts, at least 1 m long.A third pipe is welded perpendicularly to the pipes, and the brush itself is welded to it.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller?
A shovel for a tiller is one of the simplest options for a blade, but this does not mean that it will take 30 minutes to make it and a minimum of scrap materials. On the contrary, if you want to make a shovel for a tiller, you will need to carefully prepare and purchase all the necessary tools and materials in advance.
In order for the homemade blade to turn out as high quality as possible, be sure to study the drawings. They will tell you the dimensions and order of fastening the elements of the clearing device.
After a detailed study of the drawings, prepare all the necessary equipment and materials. To work you will need:
- tin sheets, at least 3 mm thick. The dimensions of the sheets must be 85 x 22 x 45 cm;
- 1 metal stand. a steel pipe is suitable for this;
- 4 stiffening ribs, about 4 mm thick;
- a strip of steel long enough to cover the blade. The thickness of the strip must be at least 5 mm;
- 2 lugs for fastening the blade rod;
- a set of washers and nuts;
- square pipe, with a cross section of 4 × 4 cm and a length of 1 m;
- a set of drills, 5–6 and 8–9 mm in diameter;
- a flat piece of rubber;
- 2 rods, 52 cm long each;
- 1 sheet of steel, 10–12 mm thick, with dimensions 60 x 60 cm;
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting steel;
- hammer drill or electric drill.
Having all of the above materials and tools at hand will make it easier for you to make a mounted snow blower for a tiller. The correct procedure is as follows:
- Make the intake bucket first. To do this, take the stiffeners and weld the frame from them with three horizontal and four vertical guides. Then heat the steel sheets with a gas burner and carefully bend the metal so that it takes the shape of a ladle. Weld the finished element to the frame made of stiffeners. As a result, you should have a snow plow identical to the one shown in the photo;
- Next, make a knife for clearing snow. this element should crush the packed snow and strengthen the snow blower on the tiller. To make a knife, take a steel strip and drill 3 identical holes in it, the diameter of which should be 5–6 mm. The distance between them should not be less than 10 cm. Next, fix the knife with bolts, putting a rubber gasket between it and the bucket;
- The next step is to manufacture and install the fastening mechanism. Cut a 4 x 4 cm piece of pipe and weld it to the back of the bucket about the middle of the element. In the middle of the tube, weld a piece in the shape of a semicircle. for this, take a thick piece of steel. In a semicircle, make 3 identical holes, which will later be needed to screw in the bolts;
- Next, take the same piece of pipe and make a holder out of it that resembles the letter “G”. Carefully insert one end of the holder into one of the holes in the semicircle, and fasten the other end securely to the tiller frame;
- The bucket lifting height can be adjusted by means of two bolts screwed into the surface of the existing recesses in the square tube. The video will tell you more about the manufacture of a snow plow.
Having made a shovel on a snow tiller, it is imperative to check the operability of the device. First of all, test the serviceability of the blade height adjustment mechanism. this will give confidence that when cleaning in the yard you will not damage the decorative coating of the local area. The snow plow attachment to the tiller should not outweigh the agricultural machine. if you notice that the center of gravity of the unit and attachments is broken, then be sure to attach weights to the rear of the tiller.
Installing a snow blower on a tiller. about installation in detail
The blade must be attached to the tiller by means of a system of brackets that must be welded to the tiller’s supporting structure. Use two rods that will be inoperative as additional locks. The rods will serve to reduce the load on the brackets used.
It is not recommended to use bolts without brackets for fastening for a number of reasons. First, they can freeze to the structure, making it impossible for you to remove the blade from the tiller. Secondly, the bolts, even anchor bolts, during the operation of the tiller with a blade will succumb to strong vibration, which will lead to their deformation or loss right during cleaning. Third, the bolts will not be able to hold the bucket full of snow. As a result, the fasteners will break sooner or later.
Rules for operating a tiller with a homemade blade
In order for the snow cleaning to take place without unexpected incidents, you should adhere to certain rules for using a homemade blade. These include:
- to save the engine resource, use a snow blade with a height of at least 5 cm. in other cases, you can use only a sweeping brush by raising the bucket;
- when using a tiller with a dump, put special anti-slip chains on the wheels of the unit in advance. they will prevent the machine from skidding on ice;
- when regularly removing a large amount of snow, check the tiller engine from time to time. when working with attachments, it lends itself to increased heating and wear, which can lead to oil boiling in the motor;
- regularly check the reliability of the fasteners. replace the brackets with cracks immediately;
- so that the snow plow does not crack and deform, carefully set the height of its position above the cover of the adjacent territory;
- in no case try to scrape off the remnants of snow from the bottom of the bucket. for this you have a sweeping brush;
- constantly make sure that snow and ice blocks do not fall inside the tiller through the grille and openings in the body. this can lead to engine breakdown, damage to the piston group and carburetor, as well as a short circuit inside the tiller wiring. To protect the unit, cover all openings in its body with steel shields. In this case, the latter should be installed so that their rear parts are slightly bent away from the body. Thus, the air necessary to cool it will get to the engine;
- before installing and using the blade, install a protective plate in front of the front wheels of the tiller. it will prevent ice and snow from falling on the suspension parts of the unit, the melting of which will lead to the formation of rust on the parts;
- if, when raising or lowering the bucket, you find strange creaks emitted by the blade rods, be sure to lubricate the bolts and brackets with grease;
- at the end of the winter season, thoroughly clean and dry the blade of snow and dry before taking the blade to the garage for storage. After that, treat the bucket surface, rods, mounting brackets and bolts with an anti-rust agent;
All of the listed tips for the manufacture, installation and operation of a homemade blade are suitable for tillers Salyut, Agro, OKA, Patriot, MTZ, Agat, Kaskad, as well as Neva MB-1 and MB-2.
These tiller seed drills make nests at pre-marked points in squares or rectangles. Such structures consist of a frame, support wheels, a mechanism for unwinding measuring wire from a reel and seeding units.
The pluses of these devices for the tiller should include the ability to cover a large area of the territory when working. Among the disadvantages of such seeders, a large mass stands out due to the presence of a large number of metal elements in their design. These seeders are not capable of high speed, which leads to a loss of time when working with it.
These attachments are used for sowing seeds of garlic, onions, corn and legumes in pre-prepared nests, which are located at a certain distance from each other. Despite the complex design and large dimensions, the dotted seeders to the tiller are quite easy to operate.
The advantages of such attachments include high sowing accuracy and good productivity. Among the disadvantages should be highlighted the inability to use such seeders in areas with heavy clay soil.
Homemade seeder for tiller. DIY options
There are several ways to make a seeder to the tiller. When choosing a method, be sure to consider your capabilities and experience with the equipment. Next, we will consider each of the methods in more detail.
Such attachments are used for drill seeding and simultaneous planting of seeds in the soil. Depending on the purpose, there is an ordinary seeder for a tiller for garlic, a corn seeder for a tiller and a universal seeder for sowing seeds of any crop.
The main elements of tiller drills are openers and seeding devices. The coulters are equipped with special “legs” or chains, which are necessary for planting seeds in the ground. For operation in areas with heavy soils, seed drills with disc openers are used, and for use on loose soil, attachments with anchor openers are used. The main advantages of seed drills are uniformity of sowing and optimal planting depth of planting material.
Adaptations of this kind are best suited in cases where the farmer needs to sow crops exactly in the wells or nests prepared in advance. Tiller nest drills can be successfully used for sowing seeds of garlic, onions and other small planting material.
The advantages of nesting seeders for the tiller include ease of use. Such equipment is small in size and weight. However, seeders of this kind are very slow and therefore take a long time to work with.
Seeder for a tiller: the principle of operation, do-it-yourself manufacturing
A modern seeder on a tiller is a device that allows you to plant seeds of garlic, onions, corn and other crops, saving the farmer’s energy and time. The design of the seeder is simple enough that you can make it yourself.
What is required for this, and how to make equipment with your own hands. let’s talk in more detail.
Varieties and descriptions of seeders for tiller
Tiller planting of garlic and other crops can be done with different planters. Below we will consider the design features of each of the types of seeders for tiller in more detail.
Seeder to tiller. the principle of the device
The tiller garlic planter works in a very simple way. The main design elements include the chain drive and the rear wheel, which function as one unit. The transmission acts on the wheel and sets it in motion, as a result of which the seeds fall to the ground. All planting material is contained in a special hopper, previously designed for sowing simultaneously in all rows.
In modern planters, you can adjust the sowing speed of the seeds and the size of their bulbs. This also gives the farmer the opportunity to increase or decrease the number of plantings. Different models of seeders allow you to adjust the seeding depth, which, as a rule, varies from zero to a few centimeters.
In cases where carrot seeds or other small planting material are to be planted, the farmer can use fillers. As them, you can use various cereals or bran. However, river sand cannot be used for this purpose, as it can damage fragile seeds.
Seeder for tiller do it yourself
Making a universal seeder for a tiller with your own hands does not take much time. This structure consists of several main parts:
- a pair of wheels;
- sowing roller;
- two bearings;
- seed box;
- handles with bracket;
- pairs of brackets for fixing the opener.
The seed box is made of planks (up to 15 mm). The structure is closed with steel overhead bottoms. Longitudinal and transverse walls are fastened with self-tapping screws, steel corners and spikes. At the bottom of the walls, 15 mm thick wood strips are attached.
Semicircular cutouts are made in the linings and on the walls. They are designed to fit the seeding roller. Mounting brackets are pre-mounted on them.
In the inclined bottoms, rubber plates are fixed for dropping seeds from the cells.
The diameter of the wheels of the universal seeder for the tiller is 200 mm. The size of the hubs is 60 mm, holes are provided in them equal to the diameter of the roller.
To create the opener, 1.5 mm steel is used. It is fixed to brackets.
The planting depth of the seeds is adjusted by re-securing the opener in the holes on the bracket.
Another bracket is fixed to the back of the seed box. It provides a connection of a homemade construction with a tiller. For a better understanding of the algorithm for making a seeder with your own hands, see the drawing.
DIY garlic planter for a tiller
In order to make a garlic planter for the tiller with your own hands, you will need:
- wooden boards (metal tools add extra weight to the unit, making the tiller’s work heavier);
- brush wheel (driven by a chain drive);
- a shaft with a chain attached to the front wheels of the cultivator;
- metal layer.
A box must be built from the boards, which will later be a bunker. A wheel with seeds is installed at the back of the box. It can be adjusted to fit the seeding size.
A metal plate is attached to the bottom frame of the garlic planter, which plows the ground under the rows. The plate digs trenches for planting garlic. This type of planter can be considered universal.
The homemade version of the garlic seeder for the tiller is quick and easy to assemble. But for the accuracy of the assembly, you need to use drawings and diagrams. They indicate the exact dimensions and diameters of the unit, and this will increase the accuracy of seeding.
Step-by-step instructions for creating a garlic planter for a tiller with your own hands are presented in the video. Tiller seeders have occupied an honorable place among agricultural equipment for many years. With their help, row planting of garlic, wheat, corn, rye, lentils and other crops is carried out.
It is advisable to use a manual seeder in medium to small areas. For a large plot of land, it is advisable to use a self-made seeder for a tiller. Any of these devices optimizes the sowing process, and improves the uniformity of seedlings.
Depending on the plants that are planted, there are several groups of seeders:
- Combined. Have special devices for applying fertilizers to the soil.
- Universal. For planting various crops.
- Special. Sowing certain plants.
Having studied the algorithm of actions according to the presented drawings, you can make sure that it will not be difficult to make a seeder yourself. The use of this agricultural device will save the strength of the gardener, increase labor productivity and improve the quality of sowing.
Seeders for a tiller: how to make a planter with your own hands
Many farmers ask how to make a tiller seeder. In modern agriculture, motor-cultivators are increasingly used, which are supplied with various devices and designs. These tools include tiller grain seeders.
The tiller seeder is designed to evenly distribute cultivated seeds in the ground. The type and type of structures resemble those of a tractor, only several times less.
How seeders work
The chain transmission system is aggregated with the rear wheels of the equipment. The seed hopper holds the crop volume over several rows or beds. Some models have a separate container for each row. Often the seeds are mixed with some kind of filler or fertilizer.
The vegetable seeders are equipped with special brushes that loosen the seeds. At the exit from the container there is a disc that opens the hole for the culture to exit.
The designs, as a rule, are suitable for almost any cultivator, for example, the tiller Neva, Oka, etc.
Seeders for a tiller are quite convenient in the sense that the speed of planting the crop can be adjusted in advance. This is a big plus for planters for motor cultivators and other units. Another plus is that this tool can be installed on any type of tiller.
For planters, there is a classification of sowing methods:
- dotted (exact);
For different types of seeds, different models are used: vegetable, grain, universal. But for some cultures, there is still an exception. These are the seeds of sunflower, corn and beans. Most often they use a bunker system, but sometimes they resort to vacuum ones, which are used as mini-pneumatic planters.
Vacuum seeder. it is pneumatic, precision seeder, dotted. The vacuum seeder for the tiller is SVTV 4-8. Its purpose is to plant vegetables and grains. Initially, the design is designed for 4 rows, but it can be converted into an eight-row one without drastically changing the unit.
Pneumatic seeders are used to work with weighted tillers. The set includes 4 removable drums that can sow 2 rows each. You can plant both small grains and large ones, for example, corn. Sowing depth. up to 10 cm, row width. up to 70 cm.
Homemade garlic planter for tiller is used for planting bulbous species (garlic, tulip, onion). Farmers also use this seeder for vegetables. CTB is an excellent planter for garlic. SV-6, SVTV 4-8. these models are vacuum. There is a special garlic planter specifically for garlic. The design includes small spoons that pick up the onion and guide it directly into the furrow, which is prepared in advance.
But on some models there are no plates with which the wheels burrow into the soil and compact it. However, this attribute can be made by hand.
Seeder for tiller SM-6
This seeder is used for row planting of small grains and vegetables. Number of planter rows. 6. CM-6 can also plant corn. Seeder for tiller CM-6 plants crops accurately enough. Achieve maximum accuracy from this tool by using double regulation.
You can change the number of seeds when sowing, the depth and the sowing width. For a better harvest, it is advised to combine planting with sowing cereals, bran, and other small seeds. The corn seeder CM-6 is suitable for the tiller Neva, which is the most common cultivator.
A self-made seeding planter is connected to a tiller with a machine in several ways:
- With the AM-2 adapter, the machine can handle up to 10 hectares.
- With one motor-cultivator, it is capable of sowing more than 10 acres.
- With manual pull. But such a unit can sow only 5 acres.
The mechanisms for planting garlic are disassembled above: the principle of operation, how to assemble it yourself. But there is no detailed description of a planter for a tiller of a crop such as corn. Seeders are an add-on tool for attachments. That is, it will be enough to add a grain metering hopper to the main hitch, and the seeder is ready to the tiller with your own hands.
You can use a potato planter as the main hitch. Its principle is based on an exact fit in several rows, it remains only to add a hopper with rotating discs that open a hole for grain.
Do-it-yourself planter for a tiller is not particularly difficult to assemble. You just need to be smart and open the drawings, choosing the necessary dimensions for the equipment.
Dear summer residents, and which homemade seeder design for the tiller seems most convenient to you?
Assembling a hitch for a tiller with your own hands involves the use of drawings. There are quite a lot of various options available, but it is optimal to take the most suitable one as a basis and adjust it taking into account the parameters of your technique. The drawing should show the following details:
- two U-shaped components, identical in all respects, but with a different number of holes. 6 in one, 8 in the other;
- body, including two threads with diameters M12 and M16 and equipped with a connecting structure for fastening with one of the nodes;
- adjustment component. a lever located on the body of the part, its design consists of a screw connected to the bracket and for convenience has a handle; it is important to provide for the correct direction of the bracket. only up or down and in such a way that it does not interfere with the operation of the tiller;
Since the unit in any case provides for a connection with a hitch, the details of the placement of the connection can be studied in its standard instructions.
Required tools and materials
There is a certain set of tools that are required to make a coupler, but they do not include anything exotic. Usually, everything that is required to assemble such parts is on the farm of any owner who cultivates his land plot. The following tools are required:
- welding machine;
- Angle Grinder;
- drill or drilling machine, drill bits for metal;
- measuring instruments (tape measure, ruler, square);
- fasteners (bolts, studs).
It must be emphasized that in this case it is very important that the holes that you will drill into the parts exactly coincide with the bolts and studs. a backlash in diameter is undesirable, since it will shorten the service life of the used attachments and trailers. At the same time, during the manufacturing process, it makes sense to first make holes in the part with a smaller diameter (from 5 mm), and then expand with wider drills (up to 12-16 mm, depending on the diameter of the bolts). this approach will speed up and facilitate this part of the work, at the same time allowing you to align the holes as accurately as possible.
For the manufacture of the case, you can use a channel of a suitable size, and if there is none, you can cut out a part from a metal sheet.
The option of an adjustable hitch is very convenient. this design will allow you to attach attachments of different classes, generations and brands. Even if at the moment this design is not relevant, do not forget that different devices may appear on the farm over time, and the possibility of convenient aggregation of any of them will significantly expand the choice, allowing only the desired performance characteristics of the equipment to be based.
DIY Tiller Hitch
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
Some owners of small agricultural machinery buy it, initially counting on the versatility of the unit, others buy it for one specific purpose, and over time they can expand the range of tasks that a tiller can do. But in any case, the fulfillment of most of the functions on the arable or local area is provided by various attachments, which are attached using such a part as a hitch to the tiller and, in fact, serves as the key to its versatility.
Often, the owners of agricultural units find that the factory equipment is far from perfect, the design of the coupling is not suitable for the current needs of the agricultural sector, or is simply not reliable enough. Fortunately, there is always the option to equip your tiller with a hitch that will maximize your performance.
The hitch can be done by yourself
DIY tiller hitch
The great advantage of a home-made device is that the owner takes into account his requests and makes it based on the input he needs: tiller model, load, attachment parameters.
But the first thing that must be taken into account is that in any case an increased load will fall on this node, therefore it is important to carefully approach the dimensions, design and level of strength of all parts of this part. Correctly specified parameters of the device will provide the most reliable aggregation with the tiller, the necessary mobility of the unit and the durability of its use.
When deciding on the design, pay attention to the dimensions of the towbar of your tiller and the features of the attachments (already available and the one that is planned to be purchased). The primary task is to ensure maximum compatibility of the unit with all necessary attachments and trailers. Equally important is the ease of use and the possibility of aggregation with equipment with different parameters.
The main working part, as a rule, has a U-shape and serves as a bracket, which is fixed to the chiller through the holes in it. The attachment stand is attached to the other side of it.
Before assembling the hitch, carefully read the instructions
Tiller hitch selection
Any attachment or hitch for the tiller, be it a harrow, hiller, mower, trailer or any other equipment, is attached with a hitch. If the basic part is not suitable, the owner has a choice. to purchase a suitable one or to make a hitch for the tiller with his own hands. In any case, when deciding which version of the node can most closely match the tasks that the unit performs, a number of points must be taken into account, including:
- features of a tiller or cultivator;
- the scope of the unit. the functions that it performs;
- equipment that must be aggregated with it;
- the need for versatility.
Based on this, you should carefully familiarize yourself with the most frequently used structures and navigate in the choice, based on the features of the one that is best suited in this case.
In this video, you will learn more about the hitch:
Cultivator Repair. Replacing the Transmission (Powermate Part # A200759)
When choosing a hitch for a tiller, you should take the most suitable type of part as a basis. There are several types:
- single / double. used in the presence of different types of weights, depending on which ones are used and in what quantity;
- reinforced. optimal for heavy units; its distinctive feature is that it is more massive. it has a greater thickness and length, which allows additional equipment to go deeper into the ground;
- adjustable. providing the ability to change the angle of the shaft, due to which you can adjust the level of attachment attachment and thereby increase the efficiency of work;
- universal hitch. allowing aggregation with several models.
If the hitch to the tiller of the desired design is not on sale or there are some of your own requests for it, it is not so difficult to make it yourself, since we are talking about a fairly simple device. Some craftsmen, who prefer to make many “accessories” to the tiller with their own hands, make a “pipe-in-pipe” hitch for the tiller trailer, make it from a cardan shaft, from a crosspiece, from other improvised parts left over from various mechanisms. The owners of such devices note that it is not difficult to make such a unit, and share their experience and drawings of the coupling for the tiller.
To make a universal joint, you need the most even horizontal surface. a workbench or work table. The scheme for manufacturing a trailer device (hitch) for a tiller is as follows:
- Make the markup in accordance with the drawing: mark the contours of the parts on the workpiece.
- Use a drill or drilling machine to make holes along the lines. Make sure of their accuracy using a caliper and a bolt (stud) that will be used for fastening. Achieve the optimum bore diameter where there is no play or jamming of the fasteners. Countersink the holes. this will facilitate further work and protect you from injury.
- Weld the joints. It is best to use electric welding, in which heating occurs only at the joints without much damage to the working qualities of the metal.
- Assemble the part. Connect the bracket and channel with bolts. If your design has an adjustment mechanism, fix it as well.
Important! Fasteners with which the hitch is fixed to the tiller through the holes in the nodes must be of the same quality and strength as the part itself.
3pt Tiller conversion on the cheap
Let us remind you once again that the part is manufactured in order to maximize the versatility of the tiller. With an optimally suitable hitch, convenient aggregation and long-term efficient operation of any mounted or trailed equipment, including a plow, harrow, hiller, potato planter, various types of mowers, trailers and any other devices, is possible. And since the fastening elements on different equipment may differ, which often complicates the possibility of their compatibility with the tiller, it is the successful design of the hitch and the possibility of its adjustment that solve this problem.
After assembling the part, it is important to attach it correctly. The installation rules are simple enough, but it is important to stick to them. The actual connection of the equipment to the tiller is reduced to a very simple action: you need to align the holes of the hitch and the hitch and fix them with bolts or pins. Radius holes allow you to adjust the position of the connector during operation. After installation, you need to tighten the threaded fasteners of the unit with the tiller. After that attachment is connected.
After the initial aggregation of devices, a final commit will follow, which must be done immediately before starting work. The regulating components (screws) should be loosened, the optimum fixation level should be found, and then tightened with wrenches. Depending on the design, a removable threaded axle can be installed on the bracket, into which an M16 screw is screwed.
And there are a few more recommendations to be made. To preserve the working qualities of the metal and increase the durability of the part after assembly, it is advisable to cover with an anti-corrosion compound or paint for metal.
Considering the possibility of adjusting the structure in different ranges, it is possible to set radius grooves and fix them to zero. After starting work, it is necessary to carefully observe the connection during the first meters of movement and, if necessary, make additional adjustments. The presence of a control lever allows you to change the level of fixation and fix the attachment for a greater or lesser plowing depth.