Fs 55 Trimmer Won’T Start
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer is a lightweight, mobile scythe with a large power reserve. An indispensable helper for mowing meadow and ornamental grass vegetation, when mowing on wavy or rugged terrain. With the same productivity, the unit polishes on a soft grassy surface and clears dense thickets of bushes or overgrown grass. A small bar allows you to mow in inaccessible places: along the wall of the house, around shrubs, poles, benches.
- Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Description of the model advantages
- Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Model technical description
- Running the trimmer gasoline / lawn mowers Stihl FS 55. User manual
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Description of the model advantages
- Ergonomic two-handed silver handle. It fits comfortably in the hand, does not slip out during operation.
- The engine control mechanism is built into the handle. This is done to enhance safe use.
- Replaceable cutting equipment expands tool functionality. Included with the Stihl FS 55 petrol / lawn trimmer is a disc for tough and overgrown grass, a disc for cutting bushes.
- Glasses for eye protection. They give direct and lateral protection, are blown inside, do not create a greenhouse effect of glasses, provide a good panoramic view.
- Shoulder strap STIHL. Comfortable use of the trimmer increases productivity, reduces energy loss, evenly distributes the load, does not put pressure on the shoulder. Frees hands for productive mowing, fixes the braid during operation.
- The tank is made of translucent material, which allows the operator to visually monitor the fuel level.
- Fuel consumption is controlled by a special system. Thanks to her, the trimmer economically consumes fuel, produces a small exhaust.
- Ease of trimmer control. To work with the tool does not require special knowledge and experience. The user will easily understand the buttons on the handle, indicated by common symbols.
- Lack of electric drive. A chainsaw works anywhere in a large area without a network connection.
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Model technical description
- The total weight of 5 kg.
- Power 1.1 HP
- Direct boom design.
- T-shaped handle design.
- Cutting tools fishing line, metal disc.
- The maximum permissible mowing area is up to 1000 m2.
Running the trimmer gasoline / lawn mowers Stihl FS 55. User manual
Break-in trimmer is necessary for subsequent normal and long-term operation. When running in, the moving parts are rubbed in, the initial resistance in the drive mechanism is increased, to reduce it, the parts are slightly “worn out”. Also, the break-in process allows the beginner to learn how to control the trimmer.
- Before starting work, prepare the fuel mixture from the recommended grades of oil and gasoline indicated in the data sheet. The proportions are approximately the following: at 2.5 liters AI.95, 100 g of Stihl oil in red packaging is added. For mixing, purchase a container made of plastic, resistant to aggressive liquids, or an aluminum tank. An ordinary canister always with rusted microsites, accumulating in the saw carburetor, rust will lead to blockage and breakage of the assembly.
- The total operating time during the run-in is from 3 to 4 hours. During this period, it is not recommended to work with the tool at idle for more than 15 minutes. Constant pregasification is required for 20-30 seconds.
- It is possible to combine running and performing simple work without load, for example, mowing non-rigid vegetation.
- Once every six months, a tool with a warranty period must be brought to a service center for technical inspection and carburetor adjustment.
Caring for a personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mowing does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of the unit useful at the cottage needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
- Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
- Checking the fuel mixture
- We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
- Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
- Breather and exhaust channel
- Complex causes of lawn mowing failure
- Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mowing does not start or immediately stalls after start-up, it is necessary to check all the main components and assemblies in sequence. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be fixed after a thorough inspection.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gas spit, check the availability and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). It is necessary to prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its quantity from real needs. Excess gasoline remaining after work over time loses its quality.
We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls at start-up, then a filled candle may become the cause. Here, for repair, an ordinary candle key (probably every motorist has it) and a spare candle are suitable.
- We twist the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not calcine);
- The excess fuel in the chamber is drained through the spark plug hole and dried;
- We clear an old candle from a deposit by means of a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We return everything to its place and try to start a trimmer.
If the candle is working, the nest where it is completely dry and the lawn mower does not want to start, we lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly moistened. No matter how wonderful a spark a candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, a cause such as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire should be excluded. If the connection is high-quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here you can’t do without a master, because the part is not being repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
Another reason that the gas braid stalls may be an air filter. To exclude it, try to remove the filter and start the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow out and thoroughly clean the old one.
A gas trimmer may not start up due to contamination of the fuel filter. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can result in repair of the engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust channel
Often, “gentle” branded lawn mowers do not start and stall due to contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the fuel supply. You can fix the problem by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of the braids with internal combustion engines may be impaired due to the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older models. You can solve the problem by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark mesh.
Complex causes of lawn mowing failure
If the step-by-step algorithm for troubleshooting does not give a result, and your braid still does not start or stalls, it is worth examining the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for unstable tool operation. Three main problems can be distinguished here:
- Clogged channels or jets. All this is cleaned with special washes or purged with a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wire, as passage sections may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Output. Replacement of failed gaskets;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing a manometer with a suitable one. Keep track of the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to fall, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the gas trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. If chips, scratches, or nicks are found on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory inspection. A slight piston loophole while rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to service center specialists.
Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
In order for the lawn mowing to continue well, you need to provide it with good storage and operating conditions:
- During operation, carefully monitor the cooling system, carefully and timely clean the channels in the housing, as well as the fins of the starter;
- If necessary, use solvents, kerosene and other detergents for cleaning;
- Do not clean the tool “hot”. Let it cool;
- Strictly follow the requirements of the instruction regarding the operating mode, otherwise you may overheat the engine;
- If you do not plan to use the lawn mower in the next month, the fuel mixture must be drained from it, because over time it breaks up into heavy fractions that will uniquely clog the carburetor channels;
- After draining the fuel, let the trimmer idle until it dies, this will help to completely remove the remains of the working mixture.
Before winter storage, follow these steps:
- Completely disassemble the braid, rinse and clean all the details that you can;
- Inspect the parts for damage, if necessary, eliminate distortions, gusts, bends and any other malfunctions;
- Pour enough oil into the gearbox and clean the air filter;
- You can partially disassemble the motor, flush, blow and grease all moving parts;
- In order to lubricate the piston, you need to unscrew the candle, raise the piston to the dead center with the starter, pour a little oil into the spark plug hole and rotate the crankshaft a couple of times;
- If you are not keeping the lawn mowing house, wind the engine with an oiled rag.