How to Assemble Clutch On A Chinese Chainsaw
Many users are interested in the question of how to remove the clutch on a chainsaw. To do this, you will need special tools and a repair manual.
The device and principle of operation of the clutch
The device of the chainsaw includes a clutch mechanism, which consists of such elements as:
- Slave drive;
- Pressure plate;
- Protective cover of the mechanism;
- Squeezing lever;
- Power plug;
At minimum revolutions of the power unit, the clutch of the chainsaw is attracted to the center of the shaft by a spring device and does not transmit torque to the drum. At a time when the engine speed begins to reach indicators at which the breaking force exceeds the force of the spring device, the friction-type segments begin to be pressed against the inner surface of the drum mechanism, which contributes to the rotation of the drum of the Chinese chainsaw.
During this, a sprocket of the leading type begins its rotation, which is responsible for the movement of the saw chain.
Faults and repairs
Do-it-yourself chainsaw clutch repairs are carried out only in special protective clothing: a mask and glasses.
Main malfunctions, their causes and solutions:
- If the chain mechanism constantly rotates during unstable operation of the power unit. This may be caused by a failed spring. In this case, it is recommended to replace the damaged mechanism with a new one.
- Extraneous noise is heard while moving the chain. This problem may be due to overheating of the fist or a bursting spring. It is necessary to conduct an external inspection of the system and replace all worn-out elements.
- If the breakdown is due to the fact that the coupling device often slips, the mechanism must be completely replaced.
How to change
In order to replace this mechanism, it is necessary to dismantle the old coupling device. During the repair work, the saw must be firmly fixed on a non-slip surface using special devices.
During the dismantling and installation of the clutch, it is recommended to take into account the following nuances of such work:
- On some modifications of the tool, a washer is located between the coupling device and the drive gear cup. Therefore, at the end of the repair, you must install this element in place.
- Some oil wires have a special spring. It is mounted between the sprocket and the oil pump drive. It also needs to be correctly installed after replacing the coupling mechanism.
How to take off
In order to remove and disassemble the clutch, you need to install the chainsaw on a flat, non-slip surface and fix it with fixing elements.
First you need to unscrew the saw chain and the bar using a universal key. After that, you can remove the cover from the air filter element. Then you need to remove the spark plugs, and fix the piston part in the master cylinder.
After this, install a suitable puller and unscrew the clutch.
After the actions taken, remove the clutch drum on the chainsaw and clutch. At the end, you can conduct an external inspection of the system for damage and defects and, if necessary, replace failed parts with new ones.
How to assemble
In order to assemble the mechanism back, it is necessary to replace the coupling and fix it by means of a special handle. The saw motor must be turned off at this moment.
Then you can replace the spring device, drum mechanism and sprockets.
All parts must be securely fixed with fasteners.
Then you can install the clutch mechanism back into the tool body, remove the crankshaft from the stopper, install the filtering mechanisms, the throttle and the step together with the chain in place.
At the end of the work, it is recommended to start the chainsaw and check the operation of the assembled clutch. If all parts are installed correctly, the clutch will work immediately, there will be no delays and leaks.