How to cut corners on ceiling skirting boards as a tile. Line markings on the ceiling
How to cut a ceiling plinth: work using or without a tool
Any repair requires attention to the slightest details. The type of premises and its general perception depends on how qualitatively the finish is made. This applies to the ceilings to a greater extent, which in most cases are imperfect, therefore, to conceal all imperfections (them and walls), many owners use ceiling skirting boards that give the rooms completeness to the rooms. If the installation of baguettes in direct areas does not cause special difficulties, then the joints of the elements in the corners require maximum accuracy. Therefore, many owners planning, or already starting repair, are interested in how to cut a ceiling plinth, what tools can be used for this stage of work.
The answer to the question of how to cut a ceiling baseboard depends on what material it is made of. Cutting is different, since the baguettes have different density. Therefore, the first thing is to consider the most popular materials, and at the same time the features of their cutting.
Such products have the lowest price, because the material is very unstable to mechanical influences. Foam is easy to scratch, damage when randomly hit. Pros. the minimum weight, simplifying gluing, ease of processing, the ability to paint in any color.
This foamed material consists of small grains, which are quite easy to separate from each other. However, they are the main drawback of such baguettes. They need a very sharp tool. Otherwise, the skirting board may crumble, so it will be unleashed for installation. This is true for both angular and even cut.
This applicant is more expensive, but he does not differ very much from the first candidate, since he is a “relative” of foam: he is made from foamed polystyrene. This material also consists of small bubbles-grabbed, but they adjust to each other more denser. But the polystyrene foam will not tolerate a not too sharp blade, it will also crumble. Therefore, the master needs to prepare an equally sharp tool of labor.
The main advantage of polystyrene and polystyrene foam is their softness, which avoids the appearance of the gaps, tightly pressing the blanks to each other and to the corners.
Extruded polystyrene foam
EPPS is made from the same raw materials as ordinary polystyrene foam, however, in this case, they use another, more advanced technology. Conventional PPS is made using steam, which is passed through microgranulas.
To get extruded polystyrene foam, particles are mixed at high temperature and the same pressure, and then a foaming reagent is added to the raw materials. The size of the granules in this material is much smaller (a maximum of 0.2 mm), as a result, it crumbles less and more than. A very acute tool for cutting it is not required, but the stupidity of the cutting edge is also not welcome.
Plastic skirting boards (PVC). another type of ceiling products. Usually they are purchased for decoration of bathrooms. If we consider the topic “How to cut a ceiling plinth”, then in this case they are exceptions, because special, finished corners are used for their combustion.
In general, these baguettes can be cut with a clerical knife, a hacksaw for metal or a sharp kitchen tool. Since PVC products do not restore shape due to the lack of elasticity, they are not recommended to press hard when cutting.
This is another representative of polymer products. It is characterized by high density and lack of shortcomings of previous competitors. It is easy to cut it, so the gun should be sharp, but they do not present maximum requirements for its sharpening. Polyurethane skirting boards do not crumble, do not deform, with honor they transfer almost any pressure.
This traditional material is cut by the usual carpentry tools: for example, a jigsaw, manual or electric. Cut places are treated with sandpaper or file. Since such products are more expensive than other skirting boards, the work requires accuracy. A serious mistake can be made easily, but it will not work to fix it anymore. The consequence of negligence will be the purchase of a new baguette.
An ideal tool for cutting wooden blanks will be an electric end saw. The largest minus is a high price, especially high.quality models. On the other hand, buyers have the opportunity to find an inexpensive tool that will adequately cope with work.
The tools used
First, how to cut a ceiling skirting board from polymers or wood, how to make it correct and quickly. In this case, 2 tools will be required to work. a knock and cutting tool.
Than cutting skirting boards?
As for the latter, the choice depends on the material of the plinth:
- Foam products (all polystyrene) suggest the use of a sharp stationery knife;
- Polyurethane skirting boards are usually cut with a hacksaw for metal;
- The tree requires the “active” participation of a jigsaw or saw.
How to create a straight cut line on a textured ceiling. Pro Painter Tips and Tricks
The second potential tool for polyurethane is the same stationery knife. The reason is a fairly low density of the material. Another alternative is a sharply sharpened kitchen knife. A special requirement for him is not a too thick blade.
Possible replacement of a jigsaw for wood. a hacksaw for metal. Optimal canvas with the smallest cloves. Otherwise, the gun will get stuck in the material, and in such conditions it is extremely difficult to make an impeccable sharp.
Knock and its independent manufacture
Knock. the second mandatory tool for working with skirting boards.
What it is?
Not everyone can know what it is. This is a device that makes it possible to cut any blanks at different angles (45-90 °). This is a groove consisting of a bottom and two side sides in which instruments are made for tools. The material is laid on the bottom, and a hacksaw is inserted into the slots (knife, etc. D.). After cutting the baguettes with it, they receive almost perfect blanks.
Fetling is the need for pruning any skirting boards, since the joints of the elements require an angle of 45 °. Otherwise, the connection of the parts will not work: either the gap will remain between neighboring skirting boards, or they simply need to be cut again, since it will be impossible to dock neighboring products.
Yes, the remaining hole can be disguised as any composition. However, this option is still not the best. The aggregate will soon change the color slightly, and this discrepancy will become very noticeable. However, even here there is an exception.
How to make a knock?
For self-manufacture, you will need to find a board about a meter or more long, or a sheet of plywood (wood-bruise). You still need to prepare:
- 3 parts with a width of 200 to 250 mm are cut out of the selected material, their length is 300 mm (400, 500 mm). Using self.tapping screws, they are connected in the form of the letter “P”.
- Using the transporter, marks are made on the upper parts of the sidewalls corresponding to the angle of 45 ° (if necessary, then 90 °).
- Then take a hacksaw, which is drank holes so that the grooves reach the bottom of the tool.
Ready.made holes are pulled by rashpil so that a jigsaw or a hacksaw can freely enter them.
Tools for cutting ceiling skirting boards in the corners
The following tools will be required for cutting:
- Knock. a carpentry device designed to cut materials under 45 and 90 degrees. The device is also convenient in that it allows you to fix the bar of any type and facilitate cutting. A half model, for example, it is extremely difficult to cut without a cut even with a small width.
- Construction knife with interchangeable blades or a hacksaw. In some cases, to cut a ceiling plinth, even a end.bearing electric saw is used, for example, when cutting wooden elements.
- Pencil and ruler are required to properly determine the site of the cut.
- The square is required with manual cutting. For example, if a foam material is installed, then the operation can be performed using an ordinary knife, since plastic is very easily cut. A square is required here to accurately measure the corners for the ceiling plinth.
In difficult cases or with a little experience of such work, you can resort to the help of a stencil.
How to make a knock for a ceiling skirting board with your own hands
If such a useful device as a knock is absent, it can be replaced or made with your own hand.
In simple cases, for example, to cut polystyrene, the role of the stir is performed by ordinary cardboard or a sheet of thick paper. 2 parallel segments are laid on it and with the help of the transporter, the planned cut places are noted. Then a fragment of the product is simply applied and cut off using cardboard as a template.
If the material is wide, hollow inside or made of such durable material as a tree, it is impossible to do without a bin or its analogue. Then they do so.
- On cardboard or on thick paper, a template is performed.
- Then, corners for ceiling plinths are made from any suitable material. from two rails, for example. The material is inserted into the element as in a stupor.
- Then the device is placed above the stencil so that the end of the baseboard is above the pattern. Put in the substitute the profile and cut off with a knife or saw at the mark.
In this case, the knife canvas rests only on a home.made product, so when working you need to be neat.
Nuances of cutting skirting boards depending on the material
Different density and strength of the material do not allow the use of the same cutting tool for all occasions. Than and how to cut a ceiling baseboard in the corners, taking into account the material of its performance?
Knife. It is most convenient to cut a foam plinth, as well as PVC, polystyrene, rubber and flexible polyurethane products with a construction or sharp kitchen knife.
Kryazuvka for metal. A cutting tool with a small tooth, like that of a metal cutting canvas, is used to cut the corners of a gypsum of gypsum, polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene and hard polyurethane.
Wood hacksaw. You can cut the corner of a wooden filler with a hacksaw wood with a small tooth, as a result of which it turns out even, without burrs, cut.
Saws are used when working with a stupid where the knife is useless. When using other devices, cut off the angle of the baguette is more convenient with a knife.
Ways to form the angles of ceiling plinths
There are two types of corners in the apartments of a modern type: internal, prevails, and the external if the corridor makes a turn.
You can connect a filler at the corners in two ways:
- Cut the angles of the baseboard;
- use the connecting corner, which, by the way, is not always possible, since not all types of materials from which the baguette is made, the finished connection is produced.
At angles of 90 o, work is carried out using a wort. If there is a deviation of a couple of degrees in any direction (the angle is dumb or sharp), it will not work on the template. there will be gaps. How to dock the ceiling plinth in the corners in this case? To do this, there are several simple ways: use a paper or cardboard template, use a laser level or, in extreme cases, apply an old grandfather’s method in which only a ruler and a pencil will be needed. The last method at first glance is slightly complicated, but gives an excellent result.
When combining two plinth panels, in the corner it is necessary to adhere to some rules, which allows you to get a beautifully designed joint of the wall with the ceiling.
- Bagetes with embossed patterns must be combined by drawing.
- Color ornament also requires joining the elements of the pattern. In both cases, you need a mirror to find the optimal connection points.
- The quality of the connection of the fillets in the corner depends on the quality of the preparation of walls and the ceiling. If the wall is littered with the ceiling or vice versa, there is no need to expect a quality connection.
The same result with an uneven wall. There are several solutions to the problem:
- wipe the visible gaps with silicone or acrylic sealant;
- fill the cracks with putty with the subsequent painting of the baguette with water.based paint;
- Buy a simple profile, quite flexible and not very wide. will allow hidden wall defects.
The stable is carried by type by three criteria:
On the first basis, two sizes are distinguished:
On sale you can find a knock from different materials:
Wood. Wooden tools of the tool have good working characteristics: ease of work and the accuracy of the cut, which, together with an affordable price, made this type of device for cutting materials on a given corner by the most massive. Adds pluses to the instrument from the boards and the ability to make a knock for a skirting board with your own hands.
Structurally wooden instruments are made of 3 boards, one of which is the base, the other two are lateral strips with slots for different angles. Can be collapsible. fastened with self.tapping screws and indifferent. the connection of the planks with the base of adhesive with the addition of self.tapping screws for stiffness.
The disadvantages should not include a long life. when working with a hacksaw for metal or a saw with teeth of the cutting tool, the sides of the slot occur, as a result of which the groove increases in size. A lateral displacement appears for 1-2 o. which immediately affects the quality of the compound of the baguette in the corners. Therefore, for professional trailers, a tool model from other materials is preferable to. But to do housework. this is the perfect option.
Plastic. The plastic tool, mainly from PVC, has a budget value (polyurethane are more expensive), a variety of sizes and a small weight. Are a whole.lit design with slots on the sidewalls. It is used exclusively at home, since the service life is even less than that of a wooden analogue: the slots increase in size much faster, exceeding the permissible standard.
Metal. Struck steel or aluminum belong to tools for professionals. These are durable and comfortable products with high accuracy Wrap. Match the quality and price: it is very high.
On the constructive features of the cushed, they are divided:
- on simple or, as they are also called, ordinary. Are templates with pre.set cut angles. In the classic version, three pairs of grooves: for the right and left baguet in 45 O and transverse cut. In some models you can find up to 11 pairs of slots. When working with such a tool, it must be fixed on a workbench using a clamp. The second clamp is attached a workpiece, in which you need to cut off the corner according to the given template. Often you have to work without clamps. In this case, the skirting board and the knock are held with one hand, and the other is washed down by the angle. If you work in such conditions carefully, do not rush, then you can saw off the angle with the same quality as when using fixing tools;
- Turning. Such tools are better known as precision. Consists of a rotary platform and a disk segment, on which degrees are applied, which allows you to cut out any angle. A number of models can also be tilted, which makes it possible to cut the part in the end in two planes at once (called universal). It is convenient to work with such a device with a small number of operations. manual sawing still exhausts.
- Electric. These are the same rotary tools, but with a disk electric saw. They are mainly used by professional builders for mass recharge of corners, although among home tools such a mechanism is found.
Principle and rules for working with device
For many owners of the apartment or house on their own, it is the news that there are special devices for cutting the corners of the baguette. Therefore, they are poorly oriented in how to use a stupid for skirting boards.
The very principle of using the device is extremely simple. The baguette is taken and attached in a stuplet opposite the slot in 45 O in the same position as it will be glued to the wall. At the same time, he should play 1-2 cm beyond the boundaries of the zone, in which the angle will be carried out, which will allow you to get even, without chips, end. The processed part is fixed with clamps, and if they are absent, pressed to the base of the device device. There is a small trick: it is more convenient to cut if the saw is from the side of the working hand (the grooves in the tool allow you to do this).
Knowledge of the principle of work does not guarantee the exact and beautiful compound of the baguette in the corners. It is also necessary to know the basic rules, how to cut a ceiling plinth on a stuplet.
- The cutting tool must correspond to the material of the filter. Foam is best cut with a knife with a replaceable blade. Plastic. with a knife, a hacksaw for metal or corner grinding with a cutting circle having diamond spraying. Wooden filler. wood with a small tooth.
- Bagets with a relief or ornament must be combined by the drawing.
- In order to prevent errors in determining the direction of the cut, you need to outline the fishing line for the trimmer in advance, which will go for the saw. There is no particular accuracy here: the main thing is to correctly indicate the selected direction.
- You need to start a cut after checking the quality of fixation of the skirting board in the tool: is it installed correctly; how reliably fixed.
How to join skirting boards in the corners
When a certain part of the skirting board is glued and a small distance remains to the corner so as not to make a mistake with the length, it is necessary to leave the reserve. First you can cut off a piece that will be 10-15 cm longer. Then cut the corner in a convenient way, try it on a dry surface, put the bar on the ceiling and highlight the place to which it needs to be shortened. Cutting is performed at an angle of 90 °.
Next, you need to correctly join the corners. Made ceiling baguettes are attached at an angle of 38-45 °, so the classic at 45 ° is not always suitable in the joints. In different cases, the cut edges do not join and leave the gaps. For this reason, after the primary trimming of the corners, it is necessary to carry out “dry” and the most accurate docking of the baguettes directly to the ceiling. You especially have to tinker with wooden and plastic materials.
Having completed the black skirting boards, glue or fasten the fillets to the walls and ceiling, then, if necessary, use putty and at the end to states the seams.
Important moments how to cut a ceiling plinth in the corners
Consider how to correctly cut the corners of the ceiling plinth and get a great result the first time. Follow several useful recommendations:
- Before fastening, both parts must be adjusted under each other. Attach both halves to each other. The surface of the wall should be dry. Having discovered defects, you can easily leve them with a knife.
- You may require several trifles. Do not be discouraged if you take a lot of time and you have to do a few endings, especially if you do your job for the first time.
- Correctly determine the length of the planks in the corners. For the inner angle, the length of the bar must be adjusted exactly from the corner to the corner, at the external measurement is made from the inner point in the direction of the room.
- If the corners as a whole coincide perfectly, but there are small gaps in the middle, they can be found with putty.
How to do it with your own hands
Flowing is a useful tool with which you can correctly and smoothly cut off the angle of skirting boards along the oblique line. Despite the fact that the knock seems to be a simple device to make it with your own hands, you need to understand why this design is intended and how to use it.
- The knocking of plastic will not last long, it quickly grows and the cuts become not accurate;
- If it is planned to install large, wide skirting boards, the brand strip should also be wide;
- the sidewalls need to be reliably stuck so that they do not crumble.
Before cutting a baseboard, you should either purchase the finished knock, or make it yourself. To do this, you can use a simple sheet of paper, or wood bars.
If there is a saw in stock, you can make a knock from a whole piece of wood, cutting the middle and side cuts on the bar
To make a knock, you need: a board for the base, 4 boards for walls and sidewalls, hacksaws, drill, core, supers and confirmation. At first, something is assembled from the boards like a box, in which holes are then cut. Bokovin length-6-8 cm. To create them, a hacksaw or circular saw is used.
Dispers are made at right angles. You need to cut them carefully. The lines must pass in one direction.
How to temporarily fix the walls of the recesses, protect the slopes and compact the soil?
When arranging pits and trenches in constrained urban development conditions, on the territory of existing enterprises and [. ]
How to choose a chimney?
The chimney pipe is a metal element of a wood furnace, the function of which to remove smoke, without spreading it through the room. Buy [. ]
Why do plastic windows sweat?
When using plastic windows in residential buildings or apartments, office premises often fogging them. [. ]
How can you facilitate work?
Use cardboard layouts. If this is your first experience, then the layout of cardboard in full.size will not interfere. It is quite simple to make it. But he will clearly show how to make angles for ceiling skirting boards of any size.
Attach a sheet of paper to the ceiling with painting tape. Outline the outlines of the corner, how they actually look. Remove the sheet, and on the basis of removed measures, make a thin (not corrugated) cardboard, plywood or wood.fiber slab from a dense thin (not corrugated). He will help you adjust the corners as accurately as possible.
The junction of the ceiling skirting board itself may not quite accurately fit due to the existing irregularities of the wall. Small shortcomings are remarkably disguised either by putty mixture or a suitable sealant. At the same time, the joint of the ceiling skirting board will look impeccable if you use a special tool.
In the case when you need to make repairs on a large area with your own hand, it makes sense to rent or take a trim for a while from a rotary site for a while, which allows you to set any thread angle in a vertical and horizontal plane. With its help, cutting can be done in a matter of minutes. The main thing is to correctly measure the angle under which the walls and ceiling are joined. The saw is set in level to the desired position and the drink is produced. Quick and convenient. There is no hard framework, like a little. And you can set any angle value.
How else can you get the necessary blank from foam? You will need a tool called “Strina”. It consists of a power supply, as well as a nichrome thread stretched above the table at a suitable height. In this case, the workpiece is placed on top of the nichrome according to the markings on the plinth itself or on a flat template under the string. The ceiling plinth as oil is cut, and the question of how to make angles of a non.standard size or shape loses its acuteness.
As you can see, you can arrange a beautiful transition from walls to ceiling in any situation using various tools, as well as knowledge you have received.
How to Find Angles
How to work with a stupid?
We told you how to correctly cut off the ceiling plinth without extraneous tools. Now let’s dwell on the methodology of working with the stupid, in more detail. Perform all actions in the same sequence. and the outer corner of the ceiling plinth will turn out perfectly even:
- By applying the baseboard to the wall, measure the length you need;
- Set the bar in the knock so that its position coincides with a position on the ceiling. Press it to the far wall;
- the bar is held with the left hand. So that the cut accessory does not have a zazubin and does not break, they put pressure on the saw with minimal effort;
- To trim the response, we repeat the procedure in the same sequence, but hold it with the right hand;
- how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth if it is made of wood? You act in exactly the same way, but since the tree is not so flexible, at the end of the region they are still driven by a file;
- To exclude the incorrect calculation of the size, start by marking the inner angle, and only then go to the external. A strongly cut outer angle can lead to the fact that the length of the bar is simply not enough.
Cutting without chose. this is real!
Of course, when there is a knock at hand, the work is done much faster and more precisely. But there are situations when the right tool was not at hand. Now you will learn how to correctly cut the ceiling plinth, holding it above your head. The disadvantage of this marking is that you will have to keep the bar on weight all the time. And this is not very convenient.
As for the quality of the markup, there is no doubt. it will be as accurate as possible. After all, before cutting the angles of the bar, you ten times attach it to the proposed installation site. Therefore, the flaws of the walls and any deviations become noticeable immediately.
- Two working blanks are prepared. They are cut at an angle of 90 degrees;
- After that, one of the strips is applied so that the end of the end rests against the perpendicular wall;
- A fishing line for a trimmer is carried out on the ceiling, which allows out the outline of the circuit;
- The bar is cleaned. Next, you apply a response piece that also rests against the wall with a end;
- After marking the lines, pay attention to the point of their intersection. This is the mark on which you need to perform pruning;
- Once again, applying the material, mark the cut output points, draw a fishing line for a trimmer from the desired point to the edge of the bar;
- how to cut the bar along the lines, you will see for yourself. Please note that this method allows you to cut both external and internal corners, although the second option is more convenient.
With a clear scheme, how to cut out the outer corner, you can smoothly and beautifully fix the ceiling skirting board. Cutting angles will no longer seem to be a problem during the repair. Whatever material you have to work with, remember one thing: always take the measurements carefully, do not rush. So, you can avoid damage to the material and save on the purchase of a new.
Pruning of the fillets
How to evenly cut the angle of ceiling plinths with its help?
The stall is called a simple tool that is used by carpenters. With it, you can cut any workpiece at the right angle.
It is usually a wooden, metal or plastic tray, on which are made for cutting at an angle of 45 ° and 90 ° special vertical slots.
There are complicated structures on which there is also a hole for the named corners for the implementation of a 60-degree cut.
For professional work, special knock is produced. Its rotary mechanism allows you to fix the cutting canvas in relation to the workpiece at any given angle.
The prepared baseboard is applied to the ceiling, the desired length is postponed.
Then this same bar is inserted into the knock exactly as it will be located on the ceiling. It must be pressed to the far wall of the device. In this position, the plinth is held with the left hand.
The hacksaw canvas should be in such a position so that its angle is 45 degrees, and the handle would get together as much as possible with the hand. Trying to avoid pressure on the saw, carefully cut the workpiece.
Next, in the skirting board, it is necessary to cut off the response bar. It is also placed at the far wall of the tool, holding and clinging, this time, with the right hand.
The position of the hacksaw similar to the previous procedure. its handle comes closer to the hand with an angle of 45 degrees. The skirting board is cut.
Then ready.made, already cut strips are combined. the accuracy of the fitting is checked. It is believed that for better orientation, in the manufacture of the inner angle, it is better to cut with the front part of the product. Places of cuts usually have to be adjusted with a file.
It is most correct in order to observe more accurately the dimensions, to begin to mark the inner angle again, and only after that go to the external.
Otherwise it may happen that along the entire length of the bar will not be enough.
The bar is applied to the ceiling, the size is made in size. Holding on his left hand, the ceiling baseboard is pressed against the closest wall, the knife handle gets closer to the hand. The workpiece is cut off.
The response bar is pressed against the nearest wall, while it holds it with the right hand. The canvas of the hacksaw should be at an angle of 45 °, the handle of the tool comes closer to the hand of the master. A piece of the workpiece is cut off, the angle is neatly joint.
Such processing by the edge of the parts using a wort is good in cases if the angle between the walls is even and straight (90 °).
If its indicators leave much to be desired, then you should use a different method.
Marking on the ceiling
The method with marking on the ceiling allows you to cut off the angle accurately and evenly. He has one drawback. the plinth bar is quite inconvenient to keep on weight during the procedure.
In all other ways, using this method, you will be able to outline the angle for cutting even more accurately than other.
Когда плинтус прикладывается к предполагаемому месту установки, все отклонения размеров и неточности заметны и сразу учитываются.
Cutting the angle
First you need to take a pair of workpieces, then cut them at right angles. Resting the end of the plank to the perpendicular wall, we apply one bar. We outline a fishing line for a trimmer along the contour of the skirting board on the ceiling. Remove the first bar, then also, resting the end of the end against the wall, we attach the bar of the response. In the same way, we mark the circuit for a trimmer along the contour.
The intersection point of two separate lines is a mark on which the workpiece is cut. Each bar is attached to the surface again, on both the point of the future cut is marked. From the found point to the other edge of the plinth plank, we draw a fishing line for a trimmer. We cut the skirting boards according to the previously made outlines, carefully dock, place in the place of their installation.
This method allows you to more carefully process the internal angles.
How to make a template jarked with your own hands
If you do not have a point, it is not necessary to buy a tool for one.time use. A template with similar functions can be done independently.
To do this, the desired angles of the cut are applied to wood, paper or cardboard.
Then you need to draw a couple of parallel lines, find the center, after which to measure the corners of any given size using the transporter.
This method is especially convenient in that, using it, you can postpone an angle of any size, even more than a direct.
The methodology for processing a skirting workpiece using a home.made tool is practically no different from working with the original. The bar is pressed to one of the parallels, after which the hacksaw is installed at the required angle, and cut off.
Remember that before cutting the corners of the workpiece, you must definitely check the angle between the walls! To do this, use the transporter and corner.
How to cut the ceiling plinth correctly. Important little things
Measurements necessary for pruning the baseboard on the ceiling should be done in a special way. To determine and mark the inner angle, the length should be measured from the corner. For the mark of the outer angle, it is necessarily taken into account that in deeper the room the skirting board will protrude at a distance that equals its width.
It is not advisable to fix the planks of skirting boards before the moment when their exact location is tried on and the response skirting is cut off. Only after the ideal converging in the corner of both response planks can they begin to install them and fasten. If the work is carried out with polyurethane or wooden skirting boards, defects and flaws can be fixed with a file or file. To adjust the product from foam, you should arm yourself with a sharp knife.
If even after finalizing the skirting boards there remains at least a small gap, do not rush to be upset. it is easy to close up with ordinary putty. Cutting accurately and neatly ceiling skirting boards is not so difficult. But to purchase at least a small skill, first try to practice on small blanks.