How to cut flexible glass for oval. Scissors in the water
How to cut a plexiglass
Wikihow works on the principle of wiki, which means that many of our articles are written by several authors. When creating this article on its editing and improvement, authors-volunteers worked.
Number of views of this article: 23 730.
Acrylic glass (polymethyl methacrylate) is a solid transparent plastic, better known as a plexiglass. Plexiglas, or organic glass, is mainly used instead of glass due to its strength, it is not as fragile as ordinary glass. You can buy Plexiglas in sheets and cut it with ordinary wood tools. The second part describes how to cut small and large sheets of organic glass.
Use this method to cut small pieces of plexiglass. (A sheet with which you can easily cope without outside help).
- Leave as much paper as possible on the glass until you complete your project. When you are ready to remove the packaging, just pick up one angle of protective packaging and remove it.
Put the sheet (still covered with protective packaging) on a flat even surface. If you do not have a workplace, you can put goats for a file of firewood. Use as a large number of work surfaces as possible to support the weight of the plexiglass.
Take the measure to measure the piece you want to cut off. Do not use fabric or metal measuring tape. For this material, the measure is best suited.
- Install the measure on the line you marched.
- Draw a glass cutter or knife from five to ten times along the line. The deeper the incision will be, the easier pieces of plexiglass will be disconnected. There are several ways to cut off the plexiglass:
- Use the glass cutter.
- Cut the sharp end of the paper knife or its dull side.
- Cut the plexiglass on both sides to make it easier to break off. Technically, you do not “cut” the plexiglass, you just make deep cuts to make it easier to break off.
Place a cut off a piece on the edge of your workplace. If only one part is cut off, place it so as to clearly see the fishing line for the trimmer of the cut that you noted.
Press on the cut part. Press strongly enough to break off the cut part. It is easier to do this if you place the bars of the tree along a piece of the plexiglass and press on it. This pressure will be more than enough.
- Pick up a piece of organic glass on the table or machine.
- With the help of a motopile, burn glass angles. This method is suitable if your penigns sheet is at least 5 cm thick. Place the plexiglass so that you have enough protrusion to provide a sufficient gap for the saw blade.
- Take a drill with a buffer for thicker pieces of plexiglass. Cover the grinding lining with a polishing mixture before starting to polish the surface of the glass.
Use high.speed metal blades. Buy blades intended for cutting plexiglass. Use a carbide blade if you cut more than one sheet of plexiglass at a time or a thick piece.
- In a bottle, mix together a couple of drops of an emulsion of water to get a spray.
- Spray the blade with this solution. There is no need to apply this solution abundantly, and in most cases it will not be useful at all.
Work with a saw at the right speed. The ideal speed when cutting a plexiglass is 3450 revolutions per minute. The speed of the material should be about 10 cm per second. Keep the correct and constant speed so as not to break the plexiglass or so as not to jam the blade.
Pour sharp corners. Use an electric saw or a polishing drill to smooth out the corners.
The appearance of the tablecloth made of soft silicone coating is no different from the glass. Such tablecloths have a smooth and even surface, it is convenient to write and draw according to such a material. Liquid glass has undoubted and undeniable advantages compared to hardened glass. Unlike it, a special composition from PVC and softening additives is absolutely resistant to chips and cracks. It is also nice to put dishes on it, since no noise is issued. It is also worth noting that such a tablecloth serves much longer than ordinary glass, because it is less susceptible to scratches, which means that it will retain the beautiful glossy gloss of the surface of your table much longer.
The soft film from which the tablecloth is made protects the table from premature wear; It is resistant to water, fat spots (spots are not absorbed and do not leave traces). The tablecloth is also resistant to various damage, such as blows, scratches, cuts or chips. Surface protection is the main purpose of liquid glass.
As the earliest, the silicone tablecloth gives the glossy gloss of the surface. You can use such material to “update” any table, since the tablecloth partially hides defects and scuffs of any surface.
European quality products
Silicone tablecloth is a great alternative to textile tablecloths. Such a product is acquired not only by caring owners who want to protect their furniture and save it for as long as possible in their original condition, but also to the organization of catering. Also, the glossy surface of the coating can give the novelty and the gloss of the matte surface.
In production, we use the transparent film of the popular European manufacturer Dekoreelle. This brand has long established itself in the market in France and all of Europe.
The brand concept is focused on the philosophy of comfort, and production is aimed at attention to the details that form beauty and comfort in the interior of your house. You can buy soft glass that meets all European standards on our website.
Please note that today there are unusual products or low.quality films on the market on the market, which is not intended for use in a living room. Such a film is not food and cannot be used on the surfaces of kitchen sets, dining words and children’s rooms.
Dekoreelle works with high.quality expensive raw materials, which has all European standards and has long established itself in the market as a high.quality and reliable product suitable for food use.
By ordering a protective film from us, you get high.quality products that can be used for: kitchen tables; dining and tea countertops; tables in the gazebo, on the street or on the veranda; in cabinets, on cabinets or bedside tables; magazine and written tables, and for many other surfaces.
Flexible glass for countertops: features and advantages of the material
Flexible or soft glass is a strong film for the table made of polyvinyl chloride.
Soft glass: how to choose and distinguish from a fake?
Soft or flexible glass for countertops is not just a fashionable trend, but a practical purchase.
Sancti-vatrushki: Advantages and safety precautions when skating
Winter is a fabulous season and the time of funny skating from a hill! The so.called cheesecakes were replaced by ordinary sledges.
Czech for a trading island in the shopping center: what should it be?
Covers for retail outlets in the shopping center is not a whim, but a necessity.
Covers for trading equipment and islands in the shopping center: Advantages of use
Trading points and equipment need proper care, as well as protection against dust and dirt.
How to choose a cheek in size?
In online stores, various options for sled-vatruk are presented-and they differ not only in design, but also in size. And if all the choice of color depends on your preferences, then how to correctly decide on the size?
How to choose a cheesecake?
Cheesecake or tubing. without which many no longer represent the winter holidays. This is a great alternative to ordinary sledges. more convenient, fast and maneuverable. They were loved by children and adults!
How to equip a window sill?
Window-divan-a cozy place to relax, as well as a practical design element. Many dream to equip him in their own apartment.
Before cutting any type of glass, first of all, it is necessary to check the serviceability of the glass cutter and its sharpening. You need to try to cut out an unnecessary piece of sheet. Proper glass cutter moves without effort and creaking, a thin cutting line is thin and continuous. All other results will mean that the cutting element is faulty, or errors were made in the cutting technique.
It is also worth choosing a flat support with sizes exceeding the size of the processed sheet. Any straight surface is suitable. For safety it is worth laying a thick cloth on it. Glass marking tools are a bright marker, iron ruler, roulette.
For high.quality cutting, it is necessary to observe the technology and sequence of operations.
- On the surface, apply the initial and final points of the cut.
- The glass cutter is at the top point, and the ruler is attached to it.
- Cutting is performed smoothly from top to bottom, with constant effort and in one direction. Do not carry out glass cutter several times in one place. Glass may crack.
- Dick a piece, combining a fishing line for a trimmer cut off the edge of the table. Call a crack, carefully tapping at the cut with glass cutter, and then cheapened with one sharp movement.
- If the chip turned out to be uneven, it can be corrected with pliers or use special cuts in the glass cutter handle. In order to avoid cracks, the fishing line for the trimmer of the cut must be moistened with turpentine.
- At the final stage, treat the fishing line for a trimmer cutting with sandpaper, velvet file or sharpener stone.
Color and transparent organic glass has certain properties that affect the electric tool at the moment when the material is cut. The fact is that acrylic tends to melt at 160 ° C. If you need to bend the smooth sheet, then you can do this after its heating is up to 100 ° C. When exposed to the cutting canvas of the electric tool, the cut location is heated and the material in the molten form sticks to its surface, so cut off the plexiglass is a rather problematic activity.
Despite the difficulties of processing, acrylic glass has a wide sphere of application. To cut the material, giving it the right size, in the conditions of production, modern equipment is used:
- CNS laser machine, where a laser, like a knife, cuts an acrylic surface;
- an electric mill with which you can make holes or a figured neckline;
- machine tools equipped with a strip of tape type;
- Disk type electric cutter.
Laser and milling cutting are highly characteristic and used in mass production. This equipment is capable of cutting acrylic material with a high degree of accuracy and accuracy. Laser processing is most common at present, the accuracy of the work is achieved due to the fact that a beam is formed, the thickness of which is 0.1 mm.
The edges of the cut from the material after work by the laser are completely smooth. But most importantly, with this method of cutting, no waste is formed.
The performance of acrylic glass cutting by mechanically is accompanied by heating of the material, as a result of which it begins to melt, forming a significant smoke. To prevent the melting process, the cutting operation should be accompanied by acrylic cooling, which is performed by supplying water or cold air flow.
Pets often perform organic glass processing on their own, using available tools.
- Kryazuvka for metal. The cutting canvas is characterized by the presence of small teeth located at a minimum distance from each other. The hacksaw canvas is available from a durable hardened steel alloy, so its cutting part is bluntly bluntly. Using it makes it possible to get an even cut due to a flat movement on the tangent. In the process, it is not recommended to cut quickly so that acrylic does not heat up and is not subjected to a plastic form deformation. The finished cut is obtained with roughnesses that will need to be sanded with sandpaper.
- Acrylic. This device is sold in retail chains and is intended for cutting a plexiglass of small thickness. up to 3 mm. To obtain an even cut, a ruler is fixed on the surface of the organic glass, then a slot of material (approximately half of its thickness) is made using a cutter). After that, the sheet was cut off on the planned line. The finished cut is uneven, so in the future the workpiece will have to undergo long.term grinding.
- Circular saw. A plexiglass sawing disk should be with small frequent teeth. If you use a disc with a big step between them, then chips and cracks may appear on the processed material. After receiving the cut, the workpiece requires finish grinding.
- Frases with a bearing. This power tool performs a high.quality section along the plexiglass, but at the same time the cutting knives are rapidly blunting and become unusable. When working with the cutter, acrylic quickly heats up, this process is accompanied by strong smoking. To avoid heating of the material, use water to cool the working surface.
- Electric. This tool is convenient in that it has the opportunity to adjust the speed of supplying the cutting canvas. To work with organic glass, special cutting canvases are used, which are fixed in the holder of the jigsaw. You can replace such files with a canvas for wood, the main thing is that the cloves of the canvas are often located and have a small size. You need to work at low speeds, otherwise the material will begin to stick to the canvas. After the cut is performed, the workpiece can be sanded or treated with a flame from the lighter. Electrics can be made straight or curved cuts.
- Corner grinder. For cutting a thick sheet of plexiglass, you can use a disk with three large teeth, which is designed for wood work. Such a tool copes well with the implementation of rectilinear cuts. In the process of work, acrylic glass does not melt and does not stick to the disk. With it, you can process acrylic 5-10 mm thick.
Some home craftsmen use ordinary glass cutter to cut organic glass. The results of the operation of the listed tools are completely dependent on the experience of the master, and no one is safe on the ability to spoil the material in this case.
Rules of cutting
In order to qualitatively cut the plexiglass with their own hands at home, experienced craftsmen advise to adhere to some rules (they are applicable not only to acrylic, but also to Plexiglas, as well as cellular polycarbonate).
- Cut the figure workpiece in size or sawn down an even piece of acrylic glass will be much easier if before starting work to warm up the material above the heat source: a gas burner or a construction hairdryer. You need to do this at a considerable distance, so as not to smell the material.
- Cutting out a harvesting from a plexiglass of a small thickness of 2 mm to 5 mm can be made using an electric jigsaw. With it, you can not only make a straight cut, but also cut the circle. To work, you need to take a narrow and thin canvas with small teeth.
- Cocking the glass is easier than a canvas, which has a marking mp. S. Steel for the manufacture of paintings has hardening and high strength.
- It is necessary to cut glass at low speeds of the cutting canvas. You can choose the speed for each tool in the process of work practically. In the process of sawing, it is important to ensure that acrylic glass does not begin to melt.
- Performing work to cut organic glass should be in protective glasses or mask. When sawing the material, a large amount of fine sprinkled chips are formed, which scatters in different directions with high speed.
The largest difficulties in case of home.made organic glass arise when creating complex curved cuts. The easiest way to solve such a problem is to use the use of laser industrial equipment, where automated control allows you to perform all the necessary functions with the highest accuracy and without human participation. Manually figured cutting acrylic is performed according to the pre.made template. The easiest way is to make such a cut with a cutter. The contours of the resulting workpiece will be with zazubs and roughnesses, which are eliminated by grinding method.
At home, accelerate the process of cutting organic glass using hot nichrome wire connected to a voltage source of 24 V. Heated nichrome wire pays acrylic material through the right place of the cut. The edges of the cut are obtained by smooth.
Cut Acrylic with a Knife
It is quite possible to assemble such a device on your own at home, the main thing is to choose high.quality nichrome wire with the right diameter that could withstand heating to a temperature of 100 ° C.
How to cut a mirror without glass cutter
The mirrors surrounding us: in a car, a bathroom or a female cosmetic bag, are in their structure an ordinary glass with a layer of metal on the back surface. Cutting glass with a mirror coating practically does not differ from the usual one and can be performed by ordinary glass cutter or methods given above. When there is no special tool at hand, the most effective device for cutting will be a file or a diamond disk. Let’s take a closer look at how to cut the mirror at home without glass cutter, using improvised means.
First of all, it is necessary to prepare the processed surface: wash, degrease and dry. The mirror should be clean, without spots and strong stains. Otherwise, the fishing line for the trimmer cut can lead and the chip will be uneven. The working surface where cutting will be carried out should be even and not very stiff. You can lay a dense fabric or a piece of linoleum on the table.
Having prepared the material and the workplace, we mark the fishing line for the trimmer of the future cut on the mirror. Straight lines are better to drive along a ruler or a rail with a height of at least 5 mm. So that the emphasis does not slide, to its lower part you can glue the strip of island. Next, take a file, corner grinder or other tool and make a cut along the marked line. A more detailed process of various cutting methods, scheduled above.
When the cut is ready, it remains to break the mirror in the right place. To do this, you can put a small item (match, pencil, nail) under the fishing line for a trimmer for a trimmer) and slightly press on two sides. You can put glass on the edge of the table or carefully tap from below a small metal object (drill or spoon). If the glass does not break, you do not need to crush very much. It is better to make a second cut in a couple of centimeters from the first.
The above methods have the right to life and give out a good result with skillful handling of glass. Perhaps without experience in glass work, getting an even chip the first time does not work. Before proceeding with the processing of the main material, we recommend that you first fill your hand on unnecessary fragments. If you want to get high.quality cut without prolonged practice, it will be better to purchase roller or oil windows.
The choice of glass
One of the key factors in the success of any work is the choice of the right material. This belief is also treated with glass, which should be selected based on the task. In the following paragraphs, we will give a couple of recommendations on how to determine the quality of the glass and choose the optimal thickness. If you already have the material in stock, you can go to the next heading or immediately to the instructions on how to cut the glass with glass cutter.
Before starting the description, we clarify that we are talking about ordinary window glasses, which are most common in construction markets. The first thing you need to pay attention to when buying glass is its end part. The edge of the canvas should have a bluish-green tint. Low-quality glass have more green tones due to increased iron content. Such material is more fragile, but usually it costs cheaper.
The choice of glass thickness should be made based on the required size. To make work with the canvas more convenient, and the risk of marriage is minimized, the ratio of width, height and depth should be optimal. Glass with an area of 1 m² and a thickness of only 2 mm, with a high probability will crack during the first wrong movement. When using paintings up to 50 cm, thickness 2-2 will be sufficient.5 mm. From 50 to 100-3-4 mm. impressive dimensions should have a thickness of 5-6 mm and above. Consider these recommendations when choosing glass in the store and save yourself from unnecessary troubles.
Types of glass cutters
The tool plays an important role with any business, having a direct impact on the convenience of the process, and the quality of work. Professional devices are more complicated in circulation, but with proper experience they give out first.class results. Tools oriented to beginner masters practically do not require skills, which usually affects the quality. Below, we will analyze each type of glass cutter and tell you which is easiest to work and which can get the maximum even possible.
In household tasks for cutting glass, roller, oil and diamond glass cutter are most often used. There are also special circular devices designed to cut round holes. To create a more clear understanding of how to cut off the glass with glass cutter, we will consider each tool in more detail.
Roller glass cutter is considered one of the simplest and budget devices in its industry. It has an elementary design consisting of a handle and a metal head with a carbide roller. Sharpening of the cutter is enough for 250-300 meters of glass, up to 6 mm thick. The most optimal option for a small amount of work in the absence of experience.
Oil glass cutter is a more advanced analogue of roller, with a pair of significant differences. The handle of this tool serves part.time also a tank for oil, which falls on the video during cutting. The butter of the oil glass cutter is a monolithic part with the internal holes for the wick along which the liquid is supplied. Thanks to constant lubrication, the video is swollen only after a few thousand meters of cut glass, up to 8 mm thick. It is perfect for both beginners and experts.
Diamond glass cutter costs many times more previous models and is usually used in professional cutting. Capable of cutting glass up to 20 mm thick. It consists of a pen and a weighty tip with a groove for chopping glass, a regulator of position and diamond. The cutting diamond can be artificial or present, which will undoubtedly affect the cost of the tool. Strength is enough for several thousand meters of high.quality cut. The work of this glass cutting requires a certain dexterity, which makes it not the best option for beginners.
Glass cutter. circuit designed for cutting glass of round shape. A very expensive tool aimed at professional use. Consists of suction cup, ruler and cutting roller. Some models can be equipped with a lubricant tank. Dubious acquisition for domestic use. An analogue of such a device can be assembled with your own hands from suction cups, rails and ordinary glass cutters.
Review: hops hoff “Flexible glass”. Excellent acquisition, but there are disadvantages of which you need to know
Now very often comes in advertising of flexible glass. But a lot, including here, on the “rejection” of negative reviews. Many and positive.
I was afraid to take in the online store, I was in a hypermarket of furniture and house for House “HOFF” and saw this tablecloth there. Was not! I bought it! It is sold in the kitchen furniture department. for the largest size 180×100 cm. Less dimensions are cheaper, but they are disassembled faster. The smallest was not available.
By the way, while I went there with a roll and examined the goods, men twice approached me (!) and asked:- You took it here? There is a flexible glass here?
I understand the flexible glass is now in trend, but many believe that it can only be purchased on the Internet.
Now more about expectation and reality, pros and cons of.
So, the store presents three sizes. I took the largest size 180×100 cm. since I figured that I can cut it and the tablecloths will be enough on the kitchen table and a chest of drawers.
The tablecloth is perfectly cut by an ordinary construction knife, or just with a knife, scissors. Tablecloth 1 mm.
Since the tablecloth is very tightly turned into a roll tightly, it will not work to immediately put it. She is bending. The photo shows it rises from the table.
Having seen enough video on the Internet with a bullet. We decided to repeat. But they did not take into account that the video is still for glass tables, and we have it ordinary.
Wet it. Lady. Drove bubbles, but the edges still leave. Crushed everything with books. Passed the day. The edges move away anyway.
I took off the tablecloth. I wiped everything dry, turned it over (so that the edges would not be wrapped up, but down). The tablecloth has already laid down and fell well like that!
I would even say excellent. absolutely transparent, easily washed, quite dense.
We go to the minuses. The smell has a tablecloth still. But he disappeared in three days.
After about two weeks, the tablecloth sat along the length. According to reviews, I understand. this is a frequent phenomenon and it is a pity that not a word is said about this on the package! I think this is a very large omission of the manufacturer. Why should I look for reviews and instructions on how to lay a tablecloth? How to cut it? There you need to indicate: it is easily cut by a construction knife or scissors according to the size you need. Do not rush to cut off the final size. can give a shrinkage in length in the region of 1 cm per meter for two weeks. All!
And one more minus. The tablecloth will look very good on the dresser, it looks very good on the kitchen table. But! If you put a hot plate on it. The circle from the plate will remain. Flexible glass in this place as if printed.
Therefore, we use additional litter for hot.
For other parameters. Of course, flexible glass is much more attractive than ordinary tablecloths, oilcloths and so on. The texture of the table is visible. The table does not scratch. You can lay a tablecloth from beautiful fabric, and lay flexible glass on top. We do this when guests come. But you still need to put something under hot dishes anyway. Then flexible glass will delight you for a long time. Well, there are no eternal things.
How to care for a product
“Liquid glass” requires simple care. It should be wiped with a damp cloth from microfiber or soft tissue.
Vilest tissue is not suitable for caring for the surface of the tablecloth, it will leave traces. It is not recommended to use powders for cleaning, and products containing alkali, chlorine and acid in the composition. Their use will significantly reduce the service life of the tablecloth.
To remove the old oily spot on a glue film on the table, it is necessary to apply a small amount of detergent for dishes on it, and leave for several minutes. Then the surface is wiped with a soft cloth.
How to cut acrylic glass
Film manufacturers “Soft glass
The most famous manufacturer of the film for the table in the world is the Japanese company Meiwa. They provide transparent, colored, matte pads to the market. The company produces “liquid glass”, both large rolls and the standard sizes of countertops.
Do not lag behind their positive qualities from Japanese, and film on the glass table of domestic manufacturers. DecoSave and Modern produces both transparent pads and tablecloths with various shades and patterns, which allows you to choose them for any interior.
The best company of Belarus, which produces a transparent thick film on the table, is considered “Oreston”. Their transparent tablecloths gained popularity among buyers, which indicates the high quality of the goods.
Everyone probably heard about the Swiss company IKEA. The quality of the goods of this company is evidenced by many positive reviews. The most quickly from the shelves of the IKEA store, such models of the film for the table as transparent “Proys” and “Skutt” are leaving.
They are successful in the sale of silicone tablecloths, also the following companies: