How to Dress a Strap From Champion Trimmer
To clean the fallen snow in the cities using special equipment. But in the villages it is few or none at all. In the village, many people often make a snow cleaner based on their own mini-tractor or tiller. This design, although cheaper than prototypes produced by industry, is not available to everyone on the farm. It will be more practical to make a snow blower with your own hands from a chainsaw. This will save consumables.
Drawings and schemes
To assemble snowplows, you can use drawings that are easy to find on the Internet, or take on the development of your own version based on terrain conditions.
There are four types of snow machines:
- Bulldozer. Wheels with a blade mounted at the front.
- Auger. In it, a little bit of snow is captured by rotating tapes and moves to the pipe through which it is thrown.
- Fan-blade. On special dump knives, coalescing snowflakes are sent to the fan, rise by blades to the pipe and fly out.
- Inair ventilator. It works like a vacuum cleaner. The snow mass is drawn in by a strong stream of air and is thrown out into the street.
In cities, all these types of cleaning equipment are used, but in rural areas it is difficult to make an air-fan type, since a very powerful engine is needed to absorb snow. Therefore, the article considers the creation of only the first three options.
Necessary tools and materials
Before choosing materials and manufacturing fixtures, it should be remembered that the chainsaw engine has low power. Do not use the unit to clean ice or severely frozen snow to prevent breakage.
First you need to think about what to make a cleaner from and what devices to use at the same time. It is easy to guess that for the implementation of different types of work you will need different materials. They will be indicated in the instructions for the manufacture of a particular design.
What tools should be used:
- Welding machine;
- Hammer, pliers, screwdriver;
- Different keys;
- Angle grinder and drill;
The easiest thing is to assemble a motorized snow blower from an already finished product, redoing it a bit. But you can do otherwise and make it yourself.
In the first case, the basis of this unit is a conventional manual cleaner of an industrial design with two or four wheels. In the second, all parts are obtained or made by oneself.
Materials for assembling a snow blower
- Metal sheets of 2, 3 or 4 mm;
- Pipes with a caliber of 50-70 mm;
- Bearings (in place);
- Squares for the frame;
- A washing machine tank, boiler or pan;
- Sprockets or gears;
- Chains or belts;
- Bolts, nuts;
Snowplows from industrial designs
The unit is made from mobile rather than handheld devices. There are two options for such devices. The first one has a stationary axis, and the second one has a rotating one. On both devices (or on a rotary bar) the dump is strengthened.
It is better to choose an option with one or two axles that rotate, and the wheels are rigidly fixed to them. Then a minimum revision is required.
- One or two wheels are removed (front, if the snow blower is biaxial).
- An asterisk, for example, from a motorcycle, is welded (or reinforced in another way) onto a freed axis. It is advisable to install it closer to the hub of one of the wheels.
- The design is assembled back.
- A plate is screwed to the handle (if the version is uniaxial) or to the frame. A chainsaw is fixed on it so that the chain thrown over the welded sprocket is normally tensioned.
If the axis is welded tightly, do the following:
- Remove the wheels.
- Pick up an axis or a thick rod to them.
- Turn the hubs or glasses so that the wheels “sit” tightly.
- Weld metal corners with holes for a new axis onto the frame.
- Reinforce the driven sprocket (from a motorcycle, for example).
- Assemble the structure. Insert the axis into the corners (the old one can not be cut off if it does not interfere) and put the wheels on.
- Attach a chainsaw to the frame or handle.
When working with such an aggregate, it will not be necessary to spend a lot of energy. The necessary effort will create a saw engine.
Homemade dozer type cleaner
This option repeats the two previous ones. The difference is that most parts and assemblies are done independently.
To make it, you need to get the wheels. You can borrow them from an old bike. Or remove one or two full wheelsets from a wheelbarrow or any old-age vehicle. Then pick up the axis for them, on which they will be fixed permanently.
All the work is as follows:
- A single or biaxial frame is welded from ordinary or profile pipes.
- Corners with holes are welded to it.
- An axis with a pre-fixed asterisk is inserted into them.
- Wheels are planted.
- Stationary pipes or a rotary mechanism for the blade are welded.
- Set the plate with a chainsaw.
Making a homemade blade
This part of the cleaner is made of metal sheets, a barrel, a large diameter pipe or some kind of tank (from an electric heater, for example).
The main sizes are selected independently, depending on the power of the chainsaw. A dump of more than a meter in length is not recommended, since the engine may not stretch such a load.
Performing a blade of sheets, they are pre-drawn. Then cut out the parts that are welded together. The shape of this snow blower assembly can be any.
In the manufacture of a blade from a cylindrical billet, it is cut off, as shown in the figure. If the node is made of pipe, then the sides are installed on the sides. A knife made of a long, pointed strip of metal is riveted from below (for stiffness).
The blade attachment has drawbacks and the main one is the waste of time and effort in folding the snow layer, picked up by the blade. Often he is left right on the road, creating high snowdrifts, which is not always acceptable.
The option of a snow blower with a screw allows you to get rid of even roadside sediment, because its design provides for the capture of the captured mass at a distance of several meters. This will help to completely clear the yard or street, leaving heaps at the fence.
This option is welded or screwed in front to the frame with wheels, which can be removed from an old car, for example.
Another design is a tubeless, wheel-driven version. The body is mounted on a frame of corners, from the bottom of which a ski is screwed.
The main components and materials of both options:
- A box. Is welded from sheets of metal;
- Central shaft. Is a pipe ¾-2 inches;
- Capture (shovel). Plates of iron or pieces of channel;
- Supporting elements;
- Auger. Made of rings or tape;
- Asterisk from a motorcycle;
- Ski from plates or pipes;
- Frame from the corners;
- Snow discharge pipe. Can be taken from the stove.
Screw assembly sequence:
- 4 rings and 6 base plates are cut from roofing sheets or other metal.
- Set six strips on the shaft and welded to it at an angle of 90 °. Then they strengthen the sprocket and press the bearings.
- Between the middle rails insert two blades made of plates. They are welded to the shaft and to the supporting elements. If pieces of a channel are used as gripping blades, then they are rotated 180 ° relative to each other.
- The rings are cut, bent and welded so that two mutually intersecting spirals are obtained.
There are two ways to expand them:
- Clamp the middle part in a vice, grab one edge with pliers and pull it to the side. Do the same with the other end.
- Weld one edge to the support element at the shoulder blade and stretch.
If the rings are made of thick material, and it is difficult to grasp them with pliers, then you can use two clamping devices, for example, a vice.
After making the screw, a sheet of metal is drawn and the box is welded. In its middle part, a hole is cut out under the pipe to eject snow. You can make it yourself or use it already ready from the iron stove. Some craftsmen use plastic.
Then, a rectangular hole is cut in the case opposite the sprocket to allow passage of the chain. The box is installed on a frame with runners or wheels and strengthen the chainsaw.
An industrial version of this type (Blizzard) has long been used on the farm by many people. But it can be assembled on your own.
This snow blower is very reliable and perfectly copes with the main business.
It consists of a small number of parts:
- Knives perform two functions: they cut snow and direct them to the fan.
- A rotor with blades captures layers of adhering snowflakes, twists them and pushes them out through a hole in the housing with great speed.
- The pipe serves as a guide for the flow of ejected snow.
For the manufacture of such an aggregate, the following materials are required:
- Sheet metal 1-3 mm for the body and dumps and a thickness of 5-10 mm for the blades;
- Shaft for rotor;
- Squares for skiing or wheelset;
- Pipes for doing pens.
The procedure for manufacturing the design
First make a case with knives. To do this, you must:
- Decide on the diameter of the fan and calculate the circumference according to the well-known formula L = πD.
- To the obtained value add an allowance of 1 cm in the case of using a welding machine and 2 cm when connecting the edges with bolts or rivets.
- Then you need to cut out a strip of length L (1 or 2 cm) of the required width (for example, 10-15 cm) from the sheet.
- Bend the workpiece on the mandrel and brew it. Or drill holes in the overlap and connect in another way.
- On a sheet, draw a circle with a diameter D for the rear wall of the case and knives of a triangular shape with a rounding at one corner.
- Weld all the blanks in place.
The execution of the rotating node:
- A shaft 20-30 cm long is mounted on the bearing so that 5-6 cm peeps out on one side. Turner services may be necessary for its manufacture. If the farm has the necessary part with a bearing, then you can apply it.
- The center of the circle (the back wall) is determined and drilled with a drill, the caliber of which is 3-5 mm larger than the shaft diameter.
- The external dimensions of the bearing are measured and a glass is cut out of iron for it. It must be with paws to drill them and fasten this part with screws.
- A glass is put on the bearing, and a suitable diameter pipe is pressed or screwed onto the shaft or clamped with screws.
- The blades are welded to it. Plates of thick iron.
- The rotating assembly is fixed from the inside of the casing so that 5-6 cm remains outside.
- An asterisk is welded onto this “tail”.
At the very end, a pipe is drawn and a workpiece is cut, which is bent and welded. A hole is made at the top of the case (in the center or a little to the side). Then strengthen the pipe. It is desirable to make its top rotary, so that you can direct the flow of snow wherever you need.
The entire structure is mounted on a frame (front) with skis or wheels. The chainsaw is strengthened, as in the previous ones.
The main danger is the schenk, who is able not only to wind clothes on herself, but to hit or even injure her arm or leg. During snow removal a number of rules should be observed:
- Wear warm clothes and slip on non-slip shoes.
- Use ear muffs, gloves and goggles.
- Do not direct snow flow towards people or cars.
- If the snow blower is electric, then do not forget about the cable.
You should also remember about the danger when refueling the unit, because mistakes made can lead to a fire or explosion of fuel.
The snow blower can work not only in winter, but also in other seasons. The fan version (if you put it with the hole up) can be used for threshing corn. Or supplement it with pipes and use it as a forced ventilation device.
They came up with the idea of mechanizing the snow removal process almost 150 years ago by patenting a snow blower to clear snowdrifts on railway tracks. Special aggregates allow snow removal faster and in larger volumes than manually with a traditional shovel. Import mini snow machines are widely represented in the market. But Russian craftsmen can easily create their own, quite workable options. Having studied them, we will figure out how to make a snowplow with your own hands.
Snowplow working principle
Homemade snow cleaning machines for the home have the same operating principle as the factory Husqvarna, forte qi jy 50, cmi 163, snow fox sf16353l. Such homemade products capture and move snow with the help of a large horizontally fixed screw (auger).
The auger blades are driven through an axis rotating on bearings (drive shaft), transmitting torque from the engine.
When the unit moves forward, a wide bucket, like a funnel, collects snow masses and directs them through the conveyor screws. The rotor blades located at an angle rotate the snow and push it further to the pump with a mechanical drive that pushes the snow out of the discharge hatch to the outside.
In preparation for work, we need:
- Tools: wrenches, screwdrivers, file and hammer, vice and pliers, drill, angle grinder, welding machine and, possibly, a lathe. In addition, chains, sprockets, bushings, bearings, nuts and bolts are required.
Also needed materials:
- Sheet steel or roofing iron.
- Steel angle 50×50 mm.
- Plywood, 10 mm thick.
- ¾ and ½ inch pipes.
- 1.5 meters of conveyor belt (in the absence of replace the sidewalls of tires).
- Engine. Tiller, it is an internal combustion engine (runs on gasoline), or an electric motor. An electric motor needs a cable designed for use at sub-zero temperatures, and high-quality waterproofing.
- It is possible to avoid a short circuit from snowmelt by covering the electric motor, for example, cut along a plastic 5-liter bottle.
Mechanical device diagram
Snow blower device quite simple and has a base frame. An engine, a snow-grabbing bucket, and handles are mounted on it.
The main working part is the screw, which, rotating, collects and moves the snow to the impeller, where the snow mass is captured by the blades and fed first into the cavity of the mechanism, and then into the exhaust pipe.
Scheme of a homemade snow blower clearly demonstrates the device unit.
The easiest snow blower. Single-stage. Snow capture and throwing from Champion 656, lux 163, Patriot snow blowers is carried out only by a rotating auger. In two-stage designs, the auger is supplemented with a metal blade plate (rotor) attached in the middle of the drive shaft.
For more information about the rotary snow blower, see the:
This design is used for cleaning large volumes of snow and provides its emission at a distance of up to 12 m.
Engine power determines the type of snow blower:
- Manual, mechanical. 2.5-5 hp engine drives the working parts, and the promotion of the unit is due to the physical force exerted by the user. Do-it-yourself mechanical snow blower is the easiest to do.
- Curious that “Mechanical snow blower“Also called a plastic shovel with a handle in the form of a metal bracket, equipped on the back with reinforcing stiffeners, with a rotating screw attached to the front side.
- If you keep the correct tilt of the shovel so that the auger does not hang in the air, namely, it rotates, this option “motor shovels”Without an engine it is very effective for clearing un-packed snow (up to 10 cm) in small areas, especially in hard-to-reach places.
- Self propelled. A sufficiently powerful engine, from 10 hp, ensures the operation of the equipment and the movement of wheels or tracks.
When loading in deep snow caterpillar travel is preferred. It’s easy to make a snow blower on a caterpillar track out of a caterpillar radio-controlled children’s car. A crawler minitractor is also suitable.
This design can be equipped with headlights, a webcam and control it remotely (remote control). Caterpillar mini-snow removal equipment is considered the most productive.
How to make a DIY snow blower
With proper preparation, it is quite possible to get a quality home-made snow blower with your own hands. Drawings, carefully executed, will help with this.
Today, lawn mowers are one of the most popular tools designed for working on lawns located near the house. Follow the link to get acquainted with the technical characteristics of this lawn mower.
Soil cultivation is considered one of the key processes in agriculture, because it is on plowed soil that both cereals and other crops are planted. Here you will learn about the different types and benefits of the PSK plow.
The minitractor is an excellent solution for the processing and maintenance of land. Russian-made mini tractors are reliable helpers for many years.
Noteworthy Snow Blower “Blizzard” (Penza regional station for young technicians) based on the D-6 engine. Model D. Slonov (Altai Territory) with an engine from a Ural-2T chainsaw.
Below is the of a snow blower “Winter storm”:
1. Drawings of the main components of a snow blower with two screws on the basis of an all-terrain vehicle by V. Berezhnoy (Valdai, Novgorod Region) are an excellent visual instruction.
2. The welded housing made of sheet steel is reinforced with side members from the corners, and an additional side. It fits with the base all-terrain vehicle with two carriers welded to the auger bed.
The screw mechanism consists of 2 tapes (Opposite directional Archimedes screws, welded to protruding M6 studs). A motorcycle chain is pulled between the asterisk and shaft sprockets.
The drive shaft is made using sprockets and bearings removed from agricultural machinery, fixed with dowels and pins.
3. A detailed diagram of the snow blower S. Khomyakov, drawn with an indication of all sizes, is no less interesting and simple to execute.
4. First the steel frame is welded from steel corners. A U-shaped profile is screwed onto its cross members for mounting an easily removable platform under the engine. Then the control handles made of a ½ inch pipe are mounted.
Bottom to the base frame attach wheels or skids (skis). Suitable wheels can be taken from the old trolley, and the skids will be wooden blocks reinforced with a plastic box.
5. To the prepared base we fasten the engine.
6. Bucket, drive shaft, auger:
- The bucket body is made of sheet iron, supplementing it with plywood sidewalls. With a bucket width of more than 50 cm, you will need a larger engine. At 50 cm, 6.5 horsepower is quite suitable.
- Drive shaft made of из inch pipe. In the through cut in the middle of the pipe we fasten the rotor (120 × 270 mm.) We weld corners 25 × 25 mm perpendicularly to it. (two on both sides) and we make a groove for the dowel under the asterisk on one side of the pipe.
- The diameter of the pipe so that it enters the bearings 205 is reduced by two additional cuts.
- Bearings are taken from the car MAP. But you can use any closed ones (so that snow does not fall), for example, the support of the universal joint from “Zhiguli”.
- A transmission belt connects the shaft to the engine.
- The auger blades are cut from a conveyor belt (4 rings, each 28 cm in diameter) or sheet steel (4 discs, each cut in half and bent with a spiral).
- As a drive we use a chain or belt.
7. The main building is manufactured sheet metal or two millimeter steel.
8. The part for ejection of snow fixed on the auger body is made of parts of plastic sewer pipes with a diameter of 160 mm., Dressed one on top of the other and supplemented with a groove. The width of the rotor blade must necessarily be less than the diameter of the discharge chute.
9. For greater effect, paint the finished model.
- A gas tank is better placed on top, and its volume is not recommended to do more than 2.5 liters.
- Not designed for winter use, the tilleries are filled with synthetic oil.
- Solid particles (branches, stones) thrown together with snow, ricocheting, can injure others. Use safety glasses when working. With the snow blower, and do not wear loose clothing whose edges may become stuck in the moving parts of the machine.
- To prevent the engine from jamming due to the ingress of large foreign objects, the screws and rotor are fixed to the drive shaft with shear bolts and bushings. Under excessive loads, these “fuses” will break, and the engine will remain intact.
- Do not open the fuel tank., Do not refuel equipment when the engine is hot, let it cool for a couple of minutes. It is recommended to take a break in work every half an hour or an hour to avoid overheating of the engine.
Some buy factory-made equipment because of the warranty and after-sales service provided for it. Others appreciate the physical enjoyment of working with a traditional shovel.
And for those who like to independently design equipment and have relevant experience in this field, it’s quite possible create your own snow blower, armed with suitable instructions and expert advice.
Snow removal with a shovel is a rather time-consuming process. To facilitate it, a homemade snow blower can come to the rescue. Having made it, you will not only free yourself from the hard work of clearing snow, but also save considerable money without spending money on expensive models of units in the factory version.
Homemade Snow Blower Design Options
The main task of the snow blower is to capture and discard snow masses from the place of their accumulation, for example, from the sidewalk. Snow blowers made by craftsmen have a different design. But according to the type of snow capture, the models differ in screw and rotor models.
The main part of the snow removal unit is a screw resembling a screw from a grinder.
Screw units are of two types.
- Single stage. Equipped with one screw in the form of spirally arranged knives. Spiral knives consist of two parts and converge in the center where the throwing blades are located. When the mechanism is moved by a bucket, a layer of snow is cut, which immediately falls under the rotating knives. The latter crush the snow and move it to the central part of the hull. Since the blades are located in the center of the screw, they capture the crushed snow and throw it into the nozzle installed in the rear of the bucket. The higher the speed of rotation of the shaft with the blades, the farther the snow is thrown. The auger knives can be either with a flat edge or a serrated one. Smooth-edged knives are used to clean freshly fallen snow, and are often made from conveyor belts. Toothed auger is used if it is necessary to remove icy and packed snow.
- Two stage. This is an upgrade of a screw type snow blower. A screw is also present in its design. But for better snow ejection, a rotor with 2 or more blades is installed in the rear of the bucket. The snow blower operates according to the same principle as a single-stage unit, but thanks to the rotor blades, the snow is better crushed and thrown out over a long distance (up to 15 meters). The following figure shows a two-stage type snow blower device.
The rotor-type snow blower has the simplest construction and consists of a round “snail” body and guide vanes. In the upper part of the body there is a sleeve through which snow is thrown.
In the central part of the cochlea is installed rotor with blades. This impeller is driven by an engine (gasoline or electric). The rotor, rotating at high speeds, captures the snow, crushes it in the body of the cochlea and throws it out through the sleeve.
Snow throwers made by home craftsmen can be of two types.
- With stationary drive. The motor is installed in the unit, after which it becomes a full-fledged snow blower.
- As an add-on for other units (mini tractor or tiller). Therefore, the motor is not installed on these mechanisms. The transmission of rotational motion from the engine to the rotor occurs through a chain or belt drive.
Choose engine type
Before you make a manual snow blower, you need to understand what type of engine is better to choose. Electric or gasoline.
Electrical units are different silent operation and very easy to maintain. They also do not require any consumables. The only inconvenience of electric devices is the electric cable that constantly interferes with the movement. Of course, you can use an engine running from rechargeable batteries, but the operating time of such a cleaner will be limited by the battery level. Therefore, if you are going to make an electric snow blower, know that it can only work within the yard, that is, the range of movement of the unit will be limited by the length of the power cable.
Petrol snow cleaners are powerful and rather noisy units. They cope with thick snow cover, including icy. Gasoline devices have an advantage over electric ones, not only in terms of power, but also in mobility, since they are independent of the electric network. Thanks to this, the units can be used to clean snowdrifts in large areas, for example, near the courtyards of the private sector, in the courtyards of high-rise buildings, on sidewalks, in certain sections of the road, etc. But despite the listed advantages of gasoline vehicles, they also have disadvantages:
- Engine maintenance required;
- Need regular fueling;
- The presence of exhaust gases;
- High noise level during engine operation.
Focusing on the above, you can understand that if you need to clear the yard of a summer house or small private property from drifts, then it is better to stop on the manufacture of an electric snow blower. If it is supposed to regularly clear large areas of snow, then a gasoline drive will cope with this task better than an electric one.
Engine options from other units
To make a snow blower with your own hands, you will need to choose an engine that will rotate either the auger or the rotor of the unit. If you are going to make an apparatus with an electric motor, then any asynchronous type electric motor with a power of at least 2 kW and a rotation speed of 1500 to 3000 rpm is suitable as a drive component. If you take an engine with less power, it will not cope with thick layers of snow and will stop all the time. In this case, cleaning drifts with a shovel will be much more effective.
As a component of the drive, some craftsmen use motors from electric trimmers and chain saws. You can often find homemade snowplows made from a lawn mower. But the power of these units is enough only for cleaning freshly fallen and loose snow.
A more powerful version of the drive unit for the snowmobile is internal combustion engine (ICE). It can be taken from a chainsaw or gas trimmer. Also, a snow removal unit can be made from a cultivator or a tiller.
The auger for the snow blower is the main moving part of the unit, the manufacture of which is not difficult. It is best to use a rubber tape from a conveyor 10 mm thick and 1.5 m long for making a screw. 4 pieces of rings with a diameter of 28 cm must be cut out of the rubber strip. Details are easily cut with an electric jigsaw.
Below are drawings of all parts of the auger.
As a shaft is taken metal pipe with a diameter of 27 mm. Adapters, on which bearings are mounted, are fixed to its ends. A cut of 120 mm in length is made in the central part of the pipe, into which a central plate will be installed, designed to discard snow. Also 4 plates are put on and welded onto the pipe. Rubber rings will be attached to them and to the central plate. How this is done is clearly visible in the next photo.
For the manufacture of a screw, a metal strip can also be used. But it is preferable to use rubber, because it does not scratch the paving slabs and is not damaged when in contact with a solid obstacle, for example, with a curb or a fence.
Making a bucket for auger
It’s also easy to make a bucket that will serve as a housing for installing the auger. Usually used for this purpose. Roofing iron. The drawing below shows the dimensions of the bucket.
For bucket sides, you can use plywood or a piece of OSB 10 mm thick. The latter option is more suitable for this purpose, since it is more moisture resistant than plywood. Bearings are installed on the sides of the case (205th, closed), and the screw shaft is already inserted into them. Bearings must be covered with glasses.
Important! When assembling the snow removal unit, it is necessary to make a small gap, about 2 mm, between the bucket and the screw so that the latter does not touch the body.
To remove snow from the bucket, a hole is cut in its upper part. You can use as a discharge chute plastic sewer pipe with a diameter of 150 mm or another. The main thing is that the diameter of the chute exceeds the width of the auger hinged blade.
To guide the snow ejected by the shovel to the side, you can put on the pipe plastic branch.
The bucket with the screw is mounted on a frame previously made of metal corners (50 x 50 mm) (see drawing above). For fixing the engine on it, angles of 25 x 25 mm are used.
But this unit can be improved a little more. Refinement of the snow blower is to add to the rear of the slide small wheels. In this case, the snow blower will be more convenient to pull back and transport.
Screw Blower Assembly
Snow throwers, which are based on augers, are the most powerful and able to cope even with icy snow. In addition, the auger is most often used in self-propelled snowblowers.
This self-made snowplow is made quite simply. Since it will be powered by a chainsaw engine, several additional parts for a chain drive will be required. For these purposes, you can use front and rear sprockets from a motorcycle, as well as a chain from it.
How the frame and auger are made has been described above. A long handle is attached to the frame. A large asterisk from the motorcycle is installed on the auger shaft on the right side, and a small asterisk on the motor shaft of the chainsaw. Further, the chainsaw is mounted on the frame, after which the chain is put on and sprocketed. To control the engine, a gas cable is displayed on the handle attached to the frame.
Below are drawings of homemade on the chassis, where a chainsaw is used as the main part of the drive.
Based on trimmer
To make a screw blower from an electric trimmer or from a lawn mowing machine, you need to install a gearbox: it will serve to transmit rotational motion from the trimmer shaft to the screw shaft.
But there is one caveat. A gearbox for this type of unit is quite expensive, and buying it for the manufacture of a console to the trimmer is not practical. Therefore, on the basis of the latter, rotor-type snow blowers are made, which will be discussed later.
Based on a tiller
The simplest addition to the tiller is blade for snow.
A homemade snow removal nozzle (shovel) on the tiller is screwed to the unit frame, after which it turns into a small bulldozer.
Below is a diagram in which the design of a snow blower based on a cultivator is clearly visible.
The scheme is decrypted as follows.
- Snow blower drive connecting the engine to the auger.
- Caterpillar drive.
- Drive belt
- Roller (spurious) for reverse gear.
- Intermediate shaft.
- Roller for belt tension. Thanks to it, the unit is moved forward.
Self-propelled snow blower greatly facilitates snow removal, especially in large areas where the use of a ski apparatus pushed by the operator requires a lot of physical effort of the latter.
To make a rotary snow blower, you can use the drawings below.
The material for the manufacture of the rotor and its blades is sheet steel 2 mm thick. The rotor casing is made of roofing iron or thinner than 2 mm sheet steel. All dimensions of the parts are indicated on the drawing.
The transmission of rotation from the engine to the rotor shaft can be carried out using belt or chain. Also, the shaft of the gear of the electric trimmer or lawn mowers can be connected to the rotor shaft. Fortunately, these units already have an angular gear. The whole structure is mounted on a frame with a chassis. As a result, you get a lightweight hand-held snow blower on wheels.
It should be remembered that an electric snow blower based on a trimmer should not be subjected to heavy loads, since its gearbox may fail. The same recommendation applies to lawn mowing, if you decide to assemble a snow thrower on its base.
A simpler design of the unit mounted on a frame with runners can be assembled according to the scheme from the old magazine.
Thanks to the above drawings, the assembly of the snow blower can not cause difficulties for any home master.
Often there are situations when you need to remove snow in the dark: in this case, the headlamp for the snowthrower will be a useful addition. If installing the headlamp on an electric snow blower is quite simple, then things are more complicated with units operating from the internal combustion engine: you need to connect the device to the electric circuit using special relays and electronic boards. But still there is a way out of this situation. You can purchase regular diode lamp and screw it to the unit.