How To Properly Line The Lawn Mower
How to fill the line in a lawn mower: how to change and load into a reel, how to change and how much to wind into a trimmer
When spring comes, people often spend their free time at their summer cottage. They try to rid their area of problems such as weeds and grass with the onset of warm days. It is difficult to do this manually, especially if the area is very large, so a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, you can trim the grass and remove weeds. it is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near the fence, at home, between rows in the garden on a flower bed, and so on. Read about how to choose the right mower for your needs here. The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special element. a spool. But over time, the line wears out and it becomes necessary to replace it. The article will talk about how to fill the line in a lawn mower.
To quickly and safely change the line on the reel of the mower, you must observe safety precautions. Before removing the reel to wind the line around the mower, the technician must be disconnected from the power supply (if the mower is powered by electricity). Here I would like to mention the reliability rating of electric lawn mowers, which will help you choose a safe helper.
Another important safety rule that must be observed is pressing the lock button. You can find out its location on the vehicle body using the operating manual. For example, you can find the operating instructions for the manual petrol lawn mower here.
Do not forget that the cutting element needs to be adjusted. There is an adjustment button on the body of the unit. If the process does not start automatically and the thread tension has been released, then the button is clamped, and the fishing line is pulled out of the spool with force.
Line arrangement in the mower
The device of the element on which the nylon thread is wound is very simple. This element is called a coil. It has two “tracks”. the upper and the lower. Between these tracks, there is a special partition with a recess. A fishing line is wound on these tracks. It must first be pulled through the recess.
Features of replacing the fishing line with.
Which line to choose to refuel the lawn mower
The thickness of the polyethylene thread depends on the model of equipment and varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. She may be:
- With a round cross section, it is the most durable material for mowing grassy plants;
- Curly section. used for mowing soft plants;
- Twisted. used for thin grass;
- Professional type, not suitable for all vehicle models.
To change the line on a lawn mower, you need to purchase a cutting thread that is ideal for the type of mower.
Replacement instructions. how to insert the line
It should be noted that the reels in mowers can be different:
- For functioning with one tendril;
- For functioning with two antennae;
- The line should be threaded through the through hole located inside the element.
And do not confuse this part with an extension cord for a lawn mower on a reel, because despite the similar name, these are two completely different elements.
This article will tell you about how much the ZIL 130 dump truck weighs and what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a chain sharpener for chainsaws with your own hands quickly and easily.
In the first option, winding the cutting element is very simple:
- There is a locking tab on the inside of the spool element.
- One tendril of thread is inserted into it.
- It is necessary to thread the nylon thread in the direction opposite to the rotation of the spool element.
- You will need only 2 to 4 meters of fishing line. When the winding process is completed, put the small end of this cutting element outward and fix it in the groove, which is necessary for fixing the fishing line so that it does not unwind during the operation of the mower.
- If there is no special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does not unwind during further assembly of the element.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outer part of the element. The spool can then be inserted into the mower.
When the roller is running with both ends of the polyethylene filament, then the following steps must be taken to thread the line into the mower:
- Inside, on the spool, you will see how many recesses there are for winding (two or one). If there is only one groove, then both ends of the thread will be guided through this groove. If there are two of them, then the antennae are laid out separately. each in its own notch.
- It is necessary to unwind from 2 to 4 meters of polyethylene thread and thread its two ends into the hole.
- Wind both threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the drum.
- When all the line is wound, the ends should be fixed in the grooves or held by hand.
- Both ends are threaded into the eyelet from the outside of the roller housing.
- The drum is then collected and inserted into the mower.
Tips and steps for changing the line to.
The spool element or roller may have a completely different design from the previous two options. The line can be threaded through the eyelet, which is through and located inside the spool. In this case, you do not need to disassemble the roller drum and manually wind the polyethylene thread.
The polyethylene thread is threaded through the hole and rotated by pressing a special button. This button is located on the body and is intended for the operation of the equipment so that it is possible to release the fishing line as it wears out.
If you have a summer cottage or a large plot of land near your individual house or cottage, then for the convenience of cleaning grass and weeds, you must use a lawn mower. In case you are thinking of choosing an electric or gasoline lawn mower, then click here and you will find comparative characteristics of different models.
Over time, the line on the mower wears out and needs to be replaced. you can do this yourself. The choice of this polyethylene thread is necessary depending on the model of the mower. It is also worth keeping an eye on the rest of the unit’s details, here, for example, you will find information about Craftsman lawn mower knives, which also wear out and can lead to irreversible consequences.
The device of the reel into which the fishing line is inserted is very simple. But it differs depending on whether the coil is operating with one or two tendrils of thread. It is important to observe safety precautions when changing the line in the reel.
Types of trimmer line
As a rule, line separation is based on different sample diameters, which can vary from 1.2 to 4 mm. The most commonly used material is a material with a thickness of 2 mm, but in no case should we forget that the choice should depend primarily on the trimmer model.
There is one main rule here: the more power the apparatus has, the thicker the line should be.
This element can also differ in the type of its section. So, it can be round (suitable for cutting plain grass) or square (for mowing soft green cover), sharp edges (tall grass), or be equipped with notches ideal for thin grass in diameter.
Do not forget that with the help of a fishing line it is allowed to mow only grass, and for other, coarser vegetation, it is imperative to use knives.
Next, you should take a closer look at the process of how to insert the line into the trimmer correctly. Indeed, it is with this procedure that many consumers often have difficulties.
What is a trimmer?
This equipment is based on the following elements:
- Motor, the main function of which is to rotate the cutting head at the end of the rod;
- Directly the head, consisting of a coil on which either a fishing line or a knife can be wound;
- Knives or fishing line rotating at high speed, which are the main cutting part of the device, how to load the line into the trimmer will go a little further.
An electric device is inferior in its power to a gasoline one, so it is ideal for working on a standard plot of land that is adjacent to a house with source of electrical energy. The main positive aspects of this technique are the absence of noise during operation, light weight, ease of use and, of course, environmental friendliness.
As for gasoline trimmers, such equipment, of course, is more mobile, so it can be safely transported from place to place and get rid of annoying vegetation in any area. There is no need to use electricity at all, which has a positive effect on the functionality of such an apparatus. the cutting attachments can be changed, working with weeds of various types.
One of the most common attachments is the fishing line, so you should dwell on this element in more detail.
How to tuck the line into the trimmer?
Any machine for mowing vegetation is necessarily equipped with a spool, which, in turn, may differ in different models by the filament feeding system (automatic, semi-automatic and manual). It is from this parameter that it is worth starting from before deciding how to fill the line into the trimmer.
In order to tuck the line into the trimmer, you need to take at least 5 meters of material, which is then folded in half. The center of the cutting element must be inserted into a specially designated place, and then the cutting attachment must be wound using the visual cues on the spool indicating the direction. At the end of all the work, the lid, of course, will need to be tightened.
How do I fit the line into the trimmer? Operating tips
The trimmer is an excellent modern device designed for mowing unnecessary grass, and its main advantage is that this technique can be used in places where an ordinary lawn mower will simply not be able to reach due to its massiveness. It is necessary to understand in more detail what trimmers are, and how to choose the best option for a particular suburban area.
One of the main rules when replacing and adjusting equipment is that any manipulations with the mechanism should be carried out exclusively with the engine off and the device plug disconnected from the mains.
Perhaps these tips will tell you how to tuck the line into the trimmer as correctly as possible and, accordingly, give your site a neat and aesthetic appearance. All that is required is to correctly select the cutting material required by the type and, of course, to determine the category of the most used trimmer.