How to properly mow tall grass with a disc with a trimmer
How to sharpen and deliver?
a lawnmower with constant use will sooner or later begin to need regular maintenance. One of the important points is the timely sharpening of knives. The metal disc can, of course, work in a dull state, but it cannot be used. This leads to a decrease in performance, overheating of the engine, and wear of the gearbox. Sharpening the teeth or blades is a snap, but if you want, you can simply install new knives.
- First of all, the knife is removed from the device. It is not recommended to sharpen directly on the brushcutter, as it is unsafe.
- Next, you need to inspect the cutting element for chips, cracks, damage. If they are, then you will need to install a new disk.
- You can use a file, sharpener or angle grinder to sharpen knives. The safest tool is a file that even a beginner can handle. For sharpening, the knife is placed in a vice, and then manually processed at an angle of 30 degrees. This method is considered the highest quality.
When using an angle grinder, it is important not to overheat the metal, otherwise the disc will quickly become unusable. an angle grinder with a fine abrasive wheel is suitable for sharpening discs with many teeth.
- When finished sharpening, the blade can be put back on the grass trimmer to see how well the tool is performing. Do not handle the sharp parts of the knife to avoid injury.
Over time, the knife will wear out and should be replaced. Fitting a new disc to your grass trimmer is a snap. This procedure takes no more than 5 minutes of time, if you follow simple instructions.
- First you need to remove the protective cover, but on some models it may remain. For example, metal covers cannot be removed from the brushcutter.
- Next, you should take a key with six faces (hexagon) and use it to block the gearbox. The hole for blocking must be sought from the side or from the end.
- After that, it is necessary to unscrew the mowing head from the brushcutter.
- Then a disc will be installed in its place. It should be noted that the inner diameter of the knife must be completely located in the groove reserved for this. The face of the nozzle should be with the letters facing up.
- Now you need to fix the disc with a special washer and screw the fastening nut counterclockwise. Before doing this, it is necessary to block the gearbox shaft.
- The last step is to install a protective plastic casing.
How to mow with a line trimmer
Unlike a disc, mowing with a cord trimmer is safer, but not always optimal. As they say, it is worth choosing a cutting mechanism for the specifics of your site of work or using complex systems where you can operate both the disc and the line, if necessary, installing the first or the second.
As we already wrote, a lawn mower with a fishing line can be automatic, semi-automatic and manual. In the first case, the cutting element is “thrown away” by itself after each new start-up of the apparatus. This is very convenient, but not economical enough, for example, if your section is of an irregular shape, but contains corners, notches, and with a long transition to each of such sections, the mechanism needs to be turned off and on again. A fairly simple option is a semiautomatic device. The case when the line feed is regulated by a special button at the very top of the drum, which is enough to lightly press on the ground.
It is important for the operator to understand that the length of the ends of the line, which he sees in front of him in an extended state, is exactly the diameter that the device will mow. You can read the rules for threading the line into the reel in one of our articles, but the main thing to remember: the length of the line ends must be optimal in order to carry out a competent mowing.
How to Cut Tall Grass with a String Trimmer aka Weedeater, Weed Wacker
How to mow with a petrol cutter correctly? This must be done so that it will serve you as long as possible:
- keep the coil at a height of 10 cm from the ground;
- when working with tall grass. mow its top, and then at the stem, to protect yourself from winding it onto the device;
- move the apparatus in the same direction as the coil is rotating;
- lawn grass, especially near walls and garden decor, is best mowed with the ends of a fishing line so as not to overload the engine;
- take a break every 15 minutes.
Any answers to questions about scythes can be found in this section of the site, but we are happy to offer spare parts for lawn mowers among other assortment for gas powered tools.
Filling the lawn mower with petrol and oil
The tool must be filled with fuel before mowing with the petrol cutter. Gasoline with oil is used as fuel. However, keep in mind that you only need to mix gasoline with oil for two-stroke engines. Four-stroke engines run on pure gasoline, since their design has a separate container. an oil sump. There is no oil sump in the design of 2-stroke petrol trimmers, therefore, only gasoline and oil should be poured into the tank.
It is recommended to use AI-92 fuel as gasoline. In order not to make a mistake in choosing, you need to read the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Often, most manufacturers recommend using AI-92 fuel, and only a few recommend pouring AI-95.
Gasoline must be diluted with small in a ratio of 1 to 25. This means that 40 ml of two-stroke oil must be added to 1 liter of gasoline. However, not everything is so simple here either. The proportion of 1 to 25 is universal, but each instrument model has its own values. These values are also indicated by the manufacturer in the instructions. For more information on how to properly dilute gasoline and oil into a lawn mower, see here. After diluting gasoline with oil, fill in a full tank and start working.
Step-by-step instructions on how to mow grass with a petrol cutter with a disc and save fuel
It is required to start the lawn mower mainly on the ground. Some craftsmen know how to wind up the instrument, holding it in their hands, but this is quite difficult and dangerous. After launching the tool, you can start using it. To begin with, you should put on protective uniforms and an unloading belt. Depending on the model of the tool, the unloading belts can be on carabiners or ties. If a carabiner or latch is used, then after starting the engine, the tool should be secured and started to work. If ties are used, then you need to put on the belt along with the working tool.
Balance the belt first. This means that despite the total weight of the tool, a minimum load should fall on the hands of the mower. With his hands, the mower only moves the tool, and if you do not balance, then there will be rapid fatigue during work. All weight must be on the shoulders of the worker.
When the tool is ready for use, the instructions for mowing grass with a benzine cutter are as follows:
- Move slowly to the right and left while holding the grass trimmer at the same distance from the ground
- The mower’s movements should be unhurried (half a step). Experts call the movement of the mower duck steps
- The biggest challenge newbies face is keeping the RPM steady. The speed during the mowing process should be changed, depending on the density of the vegetation. If the grass is young, then it does not need to work at full capacity to cut it.
- The mower must feel the work of the tool. If the grass scythe does not cope with the grass, you need to increase the speed. At the same time, it is not recommended to use the tool constantly at full speed.
- Experts have developed such an optimal mode of mowing grass with petrol trimmers. in one direction you need to increase the speed above average (almost full throttle), and when you move the lawn mower back, the gas is released, while taking a step forward. This method is relevant for cases when it is necessary to carefully lay the grass in swaths.
Often among mowers with petrol cutters, disputes arise about how to mow with a trimmer correctly, whether it is necessary to release the gas or whether it is better to work in a constant mode. We will understand these issues in detail.
- There is an opinion that it is better to mow with a petrol cutter in one speed mode. This opinion is not correct. Operating at the same power not only increases fuel consumption, but also increases wear on parts. Venting the gas during the reverse movement of the tool is useful, since during this period the motor is cooled, as well as the CPG is lubricated. Discharging gas leads to the overlap of the throttle valve, as a result of which the fuel passes through the XX channel, and thereby the parts are lubricated
- Gas discharge allows not only mowing the grass, but also neatly placing it in swaths. Moving the tool in one direction allows you to mow, while the reverse movement creates a roll
- The disc only moves in one direction, so it just makes no sense to keep the tool at constant speed when moving it in the opposite direction.
- Throttle release causes the cutting disc to coast to the crankshaft, and coasting is always beneficial.
If you mow with a petrol cutter in one speed mode (this is usually done by beginners), this will be reflected in an increase in fuel consumption and engine overheating. For comparison, you can imagine the work of a chainsaw. The sawman gives maximum speed only if necessary, but when the tree is cut down, the chainsaw works at XX, thereby cooling it down.
For brushcutters, preference should be given to special knives. They allow you to cut taller, tougher grass than line. In addition, the knife is suitable even for pruning young bushes.
There are many types of discs that differ in the cutting edge, shape and material from which they are made.
The lawn mower disc can be made of metal or plastic. It should be clarified that plastic blades should be preferred for electric brushcutters. They fit perfectly with the curved shaft of this tool, which doesn’t separate too much between the work area and the mower’s legs. Plastic knives are good at mowing overgrown dry grass, for example, nettle or burdock trunks.
The metal blades are only suitable for the petrol grass trimmer. This is due to the flat bar that moves the disc away from the feet to a safe distance. Special shaped handles also contribute to safety. When hitting a hard object, part of the impact is absorbed by the engine clutch. Iron knives are suitable for mowing grass from large areas, weeds, bushes, young trees.
There are a lot of manufacturers of discs for brushcutters. It is worth familiarizing yourself with the most popular among them. For example, the Bosch brand is known for its knives with two and three blades. The peculiarity of the knives of this company is that each of the blades can be replaced separately from the others.
Another company known for its bladed knives is Shark. The advantage of the design is that the blades are fixed relative to each other at an angle of 120 degrees. As a result, it is easy to adjust each of the blades, which is convenient for different vegetation. Another feature of knives from this manufacturer is their low weight.
Husqvarna is also known for its multi-tooth knives, especially the hay knives. Ideal for dense and dense grass. Of the minuses, it is worth noting the large weight of the discs and the fact that you cannot turn the knife over if one side of it is sharpened.
Inforce knives do a good job with undergrowth and branches. In practice, the metal from which the cutting elements are made shows itself to be very durable. The only thing is that in some models, victorious soldering is erased very quickly.
The discs cope equally well with different types of grass, as well as with shrubs and trees.
Rezer discs are excellent at mowing grass, weeds, branches. The teeth can withstand well even cutting down trees with a thickness of 6 centimeters or more. However, they have a drawback in the form of winding grass on a shaft.
Patriot produces quality knives. Users note that if you choose the right disk for a specific job, then it will serve for a long time and amaze with its performance. Knives from this manufacturer are very easy to sharpen yourself.
How to attach a disc or line to a trimmer
The cutter is attached to the executive body. The attachment point is called the gearbox. It is not difficult to cope with the task of installing a disc or coil. The principle of fastening the cutting discs to the trimmer is as follows:
- Initially, the shaped washer is fixed by using a hex wrench
- Install the disc on the shaft
- Then install the upper washer, then tighten it with the fastening nut
- It is necessary to rotate the nut using a special socket wrench, which is usually supplied with each tool.
- The rotation of the nut is carried out in a counterclockwise direction
- When rotating, it is necessary to wedge the shaft with a hex wrench
Pt 1 How To Cut Tall Grass with Cheap Lawn Mower. Mowing Tall Overgrown Grass
Removal and replacement of the trimmer disc is carried out in the opposite sequence. For more information on how to attach a line reel to your lawnmower, see this resource.
Mowing tall grass
This requires special attention. Tall grass needs more careful processing than simple grass. The fact is that there is an effect of winding the vegetation on a coil. In this case, the grass remains on it and does not allow the mechanism to rotate at full power. This noticeably slows down the process and reduces the number of revolutions.
To prevent this from happening, go through the path in several stages. Gradually cut a certain amount down the height, going down and down the stem.
As a rule, the base of the stem is much thicker and stronger in tall greenery, so in addition to winding, you can damage the cutting element with hard stems.
It should also be borne in mind that if your technique is working recently, then mowing tall grass can be even more difficult. Therefore, do not work for a long time, so as not to overload the motor. It will be enough 15-20 minutes with a break of 15 minutes. Since it is better to mow the grass in several stages, do not forget about the grass catcher. It will start to clog very quickly and this will lead to problems with the instrument. Clean thoroughly so that it doesn’t take too long before the next cleaning.
In order to mow the lawn efficiently and quickly, you need to follow the technique and know some features that will save you time and effort. You can work faster, now we’ll tell you how.
Divide your site into zones. This will help you understand how much you need to accomplish. Also, you will have no delusions about whether you have already worked here and whether you are not going through the second time. For the first time in the seasons, the lawn is mowed at a level of 4-5 cm, gradually decreasing to 3-4. Set the mowing rate yourself. You can leave more, less. It all depends only on you.
The disadvantage of electric trimmers is that if you mow vegetation during dew, then water can get into the motor of your equipment.
If the motor is located underneath, the likelihood of moisture ingress will be even higher. It is also not recommended to work with the trimmer in the rain all for the same reasons. Water ingress can cause a short circuit, which in the future may develop into a malfunction of the unit. Therefore, it is better to wait for more favorable weather for work.
It is recommended to work clockwise. It is this direction that will leave the grass cut by you on the outside of the entire mowed area. Hold the coil at least 5 centimeters during operation. This is a safe mowing option that will work well for those new to this type of tool. When it comes to working near a fence or other places where you only need to mow a small part, use the edge of the line. This will help ensure that the engine does not overload and wear out.
How to put on and hold correctly?
The quality of your work also depends on what technique you use. For proper technique, you must be able to hold the unit, and for convenience, put it on correctly. This is because not all grass trimmers have a shoulder strap. If you have one, then you need to put it on so that you feel comfortable. There are device models that can be uncomfortable with the strap, so try to get the grass trimmer as comfortable as possible.
During long work, it also happens that pains in the back and muscles occur, so the most conveniently worn tool can reduce the number of such troubles.
Another function is to adjust this belt. On higher quality models, its convenience was given a special role and special positions were made that will allow the scythe driver to feel comfortable. You can adjust the belt in height, choosing the one you need.
Now let’s talk about how to properly hold the unit. Different types of trimmers have different handles. For some, it is made in the form of a bicycle handlebar (which ensures the distribution of the load on both hands). On some units, you can see the handle in the shape of the letter D. The bicycle version must be held with both hands, and firmly.
Despite the presence of rubberized handles, it is best to rely on yourself and not hope that they will not slip. Hold the D-shaped grip with one hand and palm to provide a wider grip. This will give you full control of the stick, which will have a positive impact on handling.
To create a level lawn surface, try to work the greenery as low as possible with your garden equipment. So all the grass will be the same height, which will make the coating even and beautiful. Don’t forget about the tilt. For best results, tilt the device at least 30 degrees towards the grass surface. This will cut the grass as low as possible. Any other irregularities can be removed with garden shears, if any.
How to properly cut grass with a trimmer?
In the midst of the summer season, people who have their own plots have a problem. It lies in the fact that after winter and spring, grass and other vegetation grows very quickly in these areas. Today we will consider options for mowing grass. For example, it is better to disassemble ordinary grass trimmers, since they provide a person with more scope for action due to direct movement with this technique, and they are relatively inexpensive.
Under the hay
Use a disc as a cutting element because meadow vegetation is tougher than usual. It is better than fishing line specifically for hay in that it cuts through dry grass better. This way, the grass will not get stuck on the line, which could result in poor engine performance. The hay does not need to be cut small, it should be quite tall, so try to cut the hay at the root.
The general rules of use should definitely be reminded to those who are first thinking about how to remove grass with a trimmer and do not yet know how to use it. It is these foundations that will help you start cleaning your site with high quality.
Among summer residents, there is a tendency to use trimmers more and more often, because, unlike lawn mowers, they allow you to remove grass in hard-to-reach places, and professional models can even help you process tree branches. Another advantage of the grass trimmer is the ability to work at height and cut branches, which can also greatly help in cleaning on your territory.
Remove foreign objects from the grass. Make sure the grass is free of stones, ropes, steel or other hard materials before starting work. If hit, the cutting element may be damaged, it will be necessary to repair or replace it.
Another important point is safety. Since brushcutters have a high rotation speed (they reach several thousand revolutions per minute), even a small stone can fly out at high speed and cause harm to a working person.
Check and inspect all parts of the grass trimmer before starting work. Operate the grass trimmer. Since they are electric and gasoline, you will need to organize their work depending on the type of equipment. Electric should be plugged into the power supply and charged if it is not charged, and gasoline should be refueled, if required.
Let the trimmer run in for the first time. If you bought a new device, then you need to let it run for a few minutes without load in order for the motor, knives, fishing lines, and rotating elements to start. This can be called a kind of warm-up for the equipment, in addition, it can help prevent some troubles before direct work, because the assembly and quality of garden equipment are different.
The grass trimmer motor must be run in beforehand. Running in a gasoline engine is as follows: turn on the grass trimmer at idle speed, but first at a low number of revolutions, and then increase their number.
Running in an electric trnimmer includes several stages.
- To get started, start and work with the trimmer for a short time, literally 5 minutes.
- Then you can increase the running time up to 10 minutes, but you need to monitor the motor so that it does not overheat.
- After a few trials of the electric grass trimmer, you can use it on a permanent basis. Do not forget about the engine cooling system, which is available as an additional function on some models.
If you do not know what type of mowing is best to start with, then it is better to try mowing a low lawn with fishing line. This will allow the engine to come into operation smoothly. No need to immediately load it with a large amount of work.
Before using the technique, it will be advisable for you to read the instructions from the manufacturer itself and familiarize yourself with the general functions and structure of the grass trimmer. The functions should be located on the control stick. Understanding the constituent parts and components is helpful in the sense that you will know how you can and should handle it. Select the load for the motor, work for the cutting elements. all this will be useful to you during operation.
Pay attention to the following points.
- First of all, this is technique. She has malfunctions and breakdowns. Before work, carefully check all the components of your technique, because mowing the lawn with such tools is an important matter. You need to check the filters (if necessary, clean), the fuel level, cutting elements (it is better to take the knives to the master in case of a malfunction), the engine and other parts. This can be done after work, but some manufacturers recommend before it.
- Some trimmers have a motor cooling and vibration damping system, but they are not present everywhere. Therefore, watch out for the heating of the motor during operation, because its overheating can lead to problems. Occasionally draw your attention to bolts and other items. Although the extinguishing system can work, but on some representatives of garden assistants, the paper clips are still gradually unwound, in the end it will lead to breakage.
- Sometimes it also happens that the turnover falls. In this case, first check all filters and then try to work. It is much better to test the technique before the immediate action.
- If parts are broken, it is better to contact a technical center. Do not try to repair the equipment yourself, because this can only accelerate the breakdown. Mechanics have a complete understanding of this technique, you better trust them.
How to work with the trimmer correctly, see below.
How easy it is to wind the line around the trimmer head
The spool can be wound from 3 to 10 meters of wire. In the process of mowing, the nylon thread is erased, you need to expose new ends. There are several ways to accomplish this task:
- Manual. To do this, you need to stop working, remove the spool cover and set the desired length. The process is simple, but it does not add to the speed of mowing.
- Semi-automatic feeding. With this method, the new tips are exposed independently. To feed them, you just need to lightly hit the head on the ground. The anchoring mechanism is triggered and you can mow again. This option is a win-win. You do not need to stop the engine, stop mowing, and the feed is strictly regulated, therefore. economical.
- Full automatic machine. A very convenient way. you simply reduce the speed and the ends of the cord are replaced with new ones. The system takes care of this on its own. The speed of work is greatly increased. But there is a small drawback. a large consumption of fishing line. You can’t control it.
When the thread runs out, you need to wind a new one. Refueling methods also differ. There are two types. manual and quick charger.
The most common is manual. Step-by-step actions:
- Unscrew the mowing head. Open the lid. There are latches on the sides for this.
- They remove the coil, as a rule, information is applied on it, what diameter, into which hole you need to push. An arrow is also drawn indicating which direction to wind.
- Inside the coil, in the middle there is a side. There is a groove on it for threading a loop.
- We measure the length of the wire. Online users are advised to cut off 3-4 meters, no more. Since the winding is too tight, it is ineffective. Also remember that the thicker the line, the less you need to wind it.
- The cut cord is folded in half. A loop is threaded, fixed by the bracket. The coil is held by the spring from itself. Hand-wound counterclockwise. You need to do it tightly and evenly. One thread lies at the bottom of the spool, the other at the top. The turns must not intersect.
- The tips are inserted into the holes and exposed to the outside. Spin the coil. And the head in place. Fit the ends hitting the ground.
Sometimes the reel is designed to wind up two separate pieces. This can be seen when the coil is opened. In the middle it has a high ledge, and there are two holes for fixing. The method is, in principle, the same, but we divide the thread into two parts, fix the staples in the spool and wind.
The fast charging method is better, it differs in both speed and comfort. There is no need to disassemble the coil. It is enough to tuck the loop into a special hole and turn the mechanism. He himself will wind the line on the reel. All that remains is to adjust the tips.
Manual grass scythe appointment
A hand scythe is used for hay and animal feed, mowing tall or tough grass, trimming the lawn and plants in the area, and even harvesting cereals.
This tool has a simple device that differs slightly in different configurations.
Device, characteristics and principle of operation
The hand scythe for grass consists of the following elements:
The blade is a curved long one-sided blade, the back (non-sharp) part of which is called the butt. The place where the blade meets the butt is called the nose.
For fastening with a braid, the heel and back are located in the part opposite to the nose. The braids can differ in length, which directly affects the gripping area, as well as in shape.
Kosovishche. the stalk on which the canvas is planted, also known as the mowing. Can be either straight or curved.
The blade has a slope relative to the mowing, which allows maintaining the horizontal orientation of the blade relative to the ground during operation.
All braids for grass are the same in principle of action, differ only in some details.
In the process of work, the mower performs sweeping movements with the tool, which are decomposed into such components as “swing” and “working phase”.
During the second action, an oblique at the same time separates a certain number of plant stems from the main mass with a spout, and mows them.
Rating of the best models
When choosing a battery-powered mini hand-held mower, you should pay attention to the top models on the market. Not every small self-powered electric grass trimmer will live up to customer expectations. Among the models that have earned the trust of consumers, the following are noted.
- Husqvarna 536LiLX. Lightweight. only 3 kg. and powerful cordless grass trimmer with an overhead motor and 40 cm swath width. The model uses line as a cutting element, the boom is straight, the handle is D-shaped, comfortable to use during long-term work. The shoulder strap does not fit into the set.
- Makita DUR364LZ. Cordless grass trimmer model with 5 Ah Li-ion battery, overhead motor, shoulder strap and 35 cm cutting width. Powerful technology with the highest performance indicators allows you to install a brush or knot attachment on it. Comfortable D-shaped handle with adjustable height, weight 4.5 kg.
- Greenworks 1301507 G-MAX 40V GD40BSC. overhead grass trimmer, straight bar, shoulder strap. The model is supplied without a battery, weighs 5.46 kg, the standard battery is designed for 4 A / h. The mowing width reaches 35 cm, the grass trimmer is suitable for use with attachments. delimbers or brush cutters. The standard cutting element is a fishing line, the swath range at the knife is less than 24.5 cm.
- Black and Decker STC1820CM. Wheelbase cordless grass trimmer for easy moving and safe use. The mowing width is 28 cm, up to 2500 m2 of area can be processed using this technique. The battery has a capacity of 2 A / h, the cutting element is a fishing line, the rod is even, with adjustable height. The equipment is armed with a four-wheeled platform, an engine with a lower mount, rear grass discharge.
The equipment is armed with a four-wheeled platform, an engine with a lower mount, rear grass discharge.
- Ryobi OBC 1820B. Lightweight cordless grass trimmer with 30 cm swath width, overhead motor. The handle is T-shaped, straight bar, there is a height adjustment. The package includes a shoulder strap, cutting grass can be a fishing line or a knife. The equipment weighs 4 kg.
- DeWALT DCM571N-XJ. A compact cordless grass trimmer with a rich package and quite the highest technical features. The model runs on a 3 Ah battery, has a swath width of 38 cm, the engine with a bottom position asks for additional protection for the ventilation hole. The delivery set includes a shoulder strap, line, knife, delimber and brush cutter.
grass trimmer supplied without battery and charger.
- Patriot TR 340XL. 4 kg cordless grass trimmer with straight bar, 30 cm swath width and bottom motor. The battery capacity is rated at 2.5 A / h. In stock D-handle, adjustable in height, the model supports axial rotation for mowing lawn carpet edges.
Not so long ago, the popular “Enkor” grass trimmers of the AccuMaster series were discontinued and, despite the attractive technical properties and cost, can hardly be considered as a burning option for purchase.
Typical trimmer malfunctions, how to fix them yourself
Like any technically sophisticated device working in extreme conditions, grass trimmers can fail. The most common causes of breakdowns are violations, established by the manufacturer, of the rules for operating a motorized grass scythe. For example, non-observance of the modes of alternation of work and technological break, or irregular lubrication of the gearbox and other parts, which leads to overheating of parts and mechanisms.
Typical faults of trimmers, most often manifested in various types of this device, are:
- failure of the working head of the tool, which usually manifests itself in a violation of the supply of the fishing line due to its entanglement or sticking, as well as mechanical damage to the bottom of the reel;
- malfunctions of the carburetor brushcutters;
- breakage of the intermediate shaft of the tool, the cause of this malfunction may be the shearing of the splines with which it is connected to the motor shaft;
- Damage to the main bearing connecting sleeves between the cable and the grass trimmer head.
- clogged fuel and air filters.
Line sticking and tangling usually occurs when line quality is poor and the operating modes are violated, which leads to overheating of the grass trimmer head and line. To fix this problem you need to:
- Remove the cover from the trimmer head by pressing the latches with your fingers and carefully unfasten the cover.
- Remove the line spool from the head. It must be removed carefully so that the spring does not jump out and fly into the grass.
- Loosen the tangled or stuck line and recharge it again. Fold the line in half, and fix the middle in a special groove on the middle disc of the reel, which divides the reel into two compartments.
To wind the line around the spool of the grass trimmer, first of all, you need to fold it in half and fix the middle in the corresponding groove.
Wind the line simultaneously into both sections of the reel in the direction indicated in the instructions, or on the reel itself, and fix the free ends of the line in its grooves.
After winding the line on the spool of the grass trimmer head, its free ends must be fixed in the grooves on the spool.
Instructions on how to use a petrol trimmer learning how to start the tool
Before using the tool, you must first start it. How to start a lawn mower, we will consider in detail. To begin with, the tool should be placed on a flat surface so that the disc attached to the shaft does not catch on anything. After that, we proceed to start the lawn mower engine:
Initially, you should pump fuel into the starting system. To do this, press the primer 4-5 times (soft hemisphere on the carburetor)
Next, turn the carburetor switch to the “OFF” mode. This switch is responsible for opening and closing the air damper. Switching the switch to the “OFF” mode allows the fuel mixture to be made richer during start-up.
There is a switch on the handle near the accelerator. He is responsible for turning the ignition on and off. Before starting, you need to turn the ignition switch to mode “1”
Now you can start. To do this, you need to hold the tool with one hand and pull the starter handle sharply with the other. If the engine of the grass scythe does not start the first time, then do not despair. Start attempts must be made until the engine starts. Usually 2-3 reps should be done for this.
The above instructions for starting the engine of a petrol cutter and trim tabs are appropriate for a cold start. If the tool paused during operation, then there is no need to close the throttle valve when restarting the engine that has not cooled down. You just need to turn on the ignition, and pull the starter handle.
Which attachment to use for mowing grass with a petrol cutter
There are two types of cutting attachments or cutters used in the construction of the petrol cutter. These are reels of line, as well as steel or plastic discs. What is the best choice for working with a gasoline tool. The site provides information on how to choose discs and line for trimmers, as well as their types and design features. Let’s take a quick look at what types of cutters should be used on trimmers and petrol cutters.
For cutting soft grass, a fishing line is used, which is wound on a drum or reel. The fishing line, unlike metal discs, is used where the grass grows next to trees, houses, fences and other obstacles. The line allows you to make high-quality mowing of grass near obstacles, while not violating the design of the tool
Metal knives. have 2, 3, 4 or more cutting parts, through which coarse grass and thickets are cut. Practice shows that the thicker the mown thickets, the more blades the cutter should have.
Metal discs with fine teeth in the amount of 40-80 pieces. designed for cutting different types of vegetation. It can be rough grass, weeds, dense thickets and even small trees. The greater the number of teeth on the cutting attachment, the higher the efficiency of the tool in question.
The choice of cutting tool depends on the place of use of the tool. If you plan to work in the backyard, then a fishing line is selected, and for cutting grass in a field or steppe, discs with 3-4 blades or more are used, as well as discs with fine teeth.